the simple things

hey smogon. this thread is for the little things in life that make you happy. here are a few of mine:

a cup of hazelnut coffee brewed just right and a cigarette in the morning

when i'm riding my bike and my mp3 player plays a song that makes me really happy (often inexplicably) and puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day

bike rides at night when the streets are completely empty and i can sing along to my music without feeling self-conscious

when my dog comes to take a nap against me while i am on my laptop or reading (she just started doing this)

what are some of yours?

Going for a run, taking a shower, and then just chilling online. It puts me in a really relaxed mood. Maybe throw some guitar in there if I can, but I usually play earlier in the day out of respect for others.

EDIT:
getting a text back right away :X
This is pretty awesome too.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
predicting the next song that comes on my iPod during a playlist~

being able to doze outside when lying in the grass, and concentrate on the sun hitting every inch of my skin

making my 4-month old baby sister smile her crooked still-figuring-out-how-muscles-work smile

anything lemon scented!

opening a new pack of really nice uni-ball pens.

most of the little things that make me happy focus on sensation a lot, and so i find if i just take a moment to pay attention to all the sensory input i'm receiving, i can find myself in a daze just trying to take it all in! loverly :toast:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
for me, nothing compares to opening a book, reading the first 5 pages and thinking, "alright, not putting this down now."

also, making the perfect stir fry. i just love a good stir fry.

Waking up to see my cat trotting over to greet me

playing video games I grew up with again, especially my favorite, Link to the Past

capturing strategically well placed properties in Advance Wars even though the opponent could have easily reached them right from the beginning but instead decided to capture something of much less strategic importance

ponies

oh and waking up in the morning, eating breakfast, and going back to bed for another hour or so until I feel like doing things

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rewatching a show or a movie for the 20th time and still enjoying it just as much as you did the first time

after winter ends and it finally starts to get warmer and one day you just walk outside and it smells like spring and it personally reminds me of tennis

a nice gin and tonic and a cigar on the front porch during a thunderstorm

unexpected naps when you're just kind of laying there and next thing you know it's 45 minutes later and you feel great but still a bit tired but it was still worth it

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi interwebs you are moron

reading nedroid / stupid fox occasionally, going to the gym, eating some delicious food, winning a tough game in pokemon / dota, hanging out with some friends after i haven't seen them for a while, watching adventure time, watching the o.c.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
thunder storms thunder storms thunder stormssszzzzz running around in WARM rain is like, the greatest thing ever.

driving through down town traffic and only getting green lights

being able to satisfy my appetite PERFECTLY - like figuring out exaaactly what i want to eat and doing it - so good.

the feeling of my soft hair when it's a little warm from being out in the sun.

kisses on my forehead.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
taking a shit that doesn't hurt and mininal wiping required

the first time i hear a really good song

when i see a girl who is my definition of beautiful

sneezing

perfect weather days (warm with a nice breeze)

when i'm playing teh pokeymanz and make a risky move and it pays off

tricking a choice scarf on blissey

when i just gone done working out

taking a random drive around town, thinking about shit, always feel good after

cooking and it doesn't turn out crappy

making people smile

getting a cold glass of milk after a sandwich

listening to some songs with my headset on isolated from any sound around me

going for a drive on my own in the middle of the night with the radio on

taking a dump

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.

Using drain punch and watching my pokemon's HP bar shoot from 10% to 70%

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Calvin and Hobbes comic reminded me of my cruel little exploits in the form of simple pleasures.

My elementary school did an annual Terry Fox Run event where all the classes were cancelled and everyone had to go outside and do this run around the school, afterwords there would be some drinks, cookies, maybe a speech or two. They tried to get everyone involved by saying "it's not a race", and that the money we raised was more important. I was an energetic kid, but not always athletic. Since most soccer games during recess involved much older kids dominating everyone I tended to overexert myself in sports. So during the final 15 minutes of the run or so I started to slow down, and in the process of doing so I was next to this one fat girl in my class. Now I had probably ran double the laps this roll of lard had, but my little kid ego couldn't for the life of it let the girl get ahead of me. Every time she would attempt to get ahead I would push myself further and get ahead of her. She eventually caught on and started calling me an asshole, and asking why I wouldn't let her get ahead. I only replied, "hey it's not a race."

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tightly-rolled joint on a crisp December evening.

Laying in bed and listening to a raging storm with the power out.

Watching/reading/listening to/playing through a series/book/album/movie/whatever in a single sitting.

Thinking about how sick it would be to do something stupid, dismissing it for being retarded, then doing it anyways.

Blowing all of the money in your wallet on stuff you will never use or think about.

Peeing in a crowded pool and then letting your friends know just before you leave.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
unexpected smiles

getting away from everyone i know to a coffee shop with a book

the split-second after waking up when i dont know who i am yet

watching My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, winning very close SC:BW games, watching very close SC2 ones, Day[9]'s funday monday dailies, exciting films/books, listening to an album for the first time with little to no expectations and being completely blown away by it, having interesting discussions with friends, nature photography

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
only thing that comes to mind is telling a joke that really makes people laugh but what fishy said about predicting the next song on shuffle is also so true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)