SV OU THE SICILIAN DEFENSE (Fake Triple Unaware Stack with Jolly Kingambit)

Hello my dudes! I posted a while back my Orthworm + Espathra BO team like a week before they banned Espathra so it seems fair that in the midst of the Kingambit suspect I post this little gem of mine. I'm not really that good and hang around low ladder, but I feel this team has potential. Any input is more than welcome.

TEAM CONCEPT

So in the beginning of the gen I was very frustrated by the constant need of being on top of every little development and felt that I couldn't make Offense work for me, and amongst all the bans for offensive mons, I thought "hey, let's do a team where they gotta come to me". As such, I picked the most infuriating mons possible and got to it. The version you're seeing now is the last revision I did post-HOME. I gotta give credit to one very kind Showdown user who helped me in the first revision, whose name I totally forgot to write down. Many of the spreads come from him, although the main idea stayed the same. Another user helped me fix Clod for this last revision so thanks for that as well.

THE PIECES (click for Pokepaste)
:dondozo: :skeledirge: :clodsire: :amoonguss: :garganacl: :kingambit:

1. e4

1690813354868.png

Dondozo (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Rest
- Curse

We start off with the Great Big Wall, this big Don Bozo. This guy is here to stop all physical threats. In the current meta, I feel it's a great lead against :samurott-hisui:, as it 2HKOs most variants. I was split between the RestTalk and the Curse set, so this middle ground was found. With good positioning :dondozo: can afford doing literally nothing for two turns, as he is here as a buffer to hold back physical attackers. Also Max Def seemed better than Max SpDef, as special attackers overwhelm him fast. Deals well against :great tusk:, :roaring moon: and opposing :kingambit:, amongst others. Always Female to deal with :enamorus: shenanigans.

1... c5

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Slack Off

The second Unaware mon here. Dirge is tasked with handling mons that neither fall into full Atk or full SpAtk. I used to run Wisp-Hex on it with Max SpDef, and I don't remember the reasoning behind this exact spread, but it handles most stuff quite well. It's also the mon I tera the most, as Tera Water rids it of its crippling Ground, Ghost and Dark weaknesses, helping against :great tusk:, :gholdengo:, :kingambit: and :baxcalibur: amongst others. A lot of middlegames are wonderfully handled by him, as if he's behind the sub he can just snowball.

2. Nf3

Clodsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Recover

Now for the surprise factor. Everyone look at this stupid MF. People load up a game and see my team and say "oh wow, three Unaware mons, how original". But there's the catch: The blob is actually Water Absorb! Most of the time I catch an unsuspecting :toxapex: or :walking wake: wanting to dispatch of me and OOPS I got my health back. Handles :gholdengo: amazingly too. I ran it with Amnesia instead of Spikes before, but I rarely seemed to click Amnesia. Running Clod with Unaware is also an option, but special set-up threats seem to be handled mostly easily by the rest of the team. Tera Dark has been occasionally helpful too, helping against the rare Psyspam and stuff like that.

2... g6

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

This sussy baka does what it does: Spore everything to death. Max Def as it fares well against :great tusk: and it gives the opportunity to get multiple Rocky Helmet procs. Non-Psyshock :iron valiant: can't touch this either. Tera Water fends off unsuspecting :skeledirge:. As you may have noticed, this team COMPLETELY shuts down :glimmora: just from its composition, but it's good to have my boy take care of Toxic Spikes in case of a wild Knock Off.

3. c3

Garganacl @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Salt Cure
- Recover

The secret star of the team. Salty Kong puts so much pressure on the opponent. It helps against :dragapult: and other ghosts, and while it can't handle :gholdengo: too well, a nice Salt Cure on the switch is always nice. Easy Wincon at times, and Max SpDef is nothing to scoff at. I ran it with Rocks before but Curse-EQ handles so much, and Spikes from Clod support seems to be enough in the Hazard department.

3... Bg7?!

Kingambit (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

When everything else fails and I have already misplayed the whole game, my boy (girl bc of :enamorus: smh) is here to clean it away.
The killer of hopes, the Fighting-intolerant cheese, the hyper accelerated dragon Dark-Steel, the one and only KINGAMBIT. His name will scare people from the villages away. I certainly don't need to explain much what :kingambit: does, but just in case: Jolly Max Spe to check opposing :kingambit: and Black Glasses to maximize damage output. Mostly an endgame player (duh-doy) although it handles :cresselia: and :hatterene: in the early game incredibly well. Iron Head is truly missed, but I rarely find myself craving it, as dropping :great tusk: and :iron valiant: from full at times is just an incredible feeling that makes up for it.

THREATS
In this current metagame I feel like there's one and only one common thread of what I can't handle: TERA GRASS HEATRAN. If I see the fucker pop up, that's an insta-loss for me, as neither :clodsire: or :amoonguss: seemed to be equipped to handle it. Other than that, it seems that Booster Energy mons can get out of hand if not handled quickly. I think there's other mons that I struggle against, but I can manage to work around those most of the time, and :heatran: is the only one that leaves me truly doing nothing in this team based around doing virtually nothing.

Thank you so much for reading, I'm open to any and all criticism, and even if I know I'm not a pro to be sharing my ideas, I hope you enjoy this nugget. Take care!

Heya! Excellent presentation of the team. I'm going to make some suggestions to improve your team.

Big changes:

Swap :skeledirge: for :moltres:. Your team is really weak to ground moves. There are no resists or immunes so your opponent can freely click Eq. (eg. :Landorus-Therian: with grass knot and eq.) With Moltres, you keep the burns with flame body and wisp. It also provides a much needed ground immunity. This pokemon can help punish faster teams with momentum (eg volt-turn teams) with its flame body ability burning u-turns and :clodsire: eating up volt-switches. This also helps with the matchup vs :heatran: as you can stall it out of Magma Storms. I would say to run a Spd set so Moltres can be a mixed wall so it can fish for flame body procs on contact/wisp and also be checks to things like :enamorus: and :iron-valiant: (if its phys). Here is a quick rundown of the recommended set. Flamethrower for burn chance and stab making Moltres not a sitting duck. Wisp is for when you need a burn without flame-body or disabling things like :kingambit:. Roost is for longevity as Moltres often switches in to alot of moves getting chipped through the match. U-turn was chosen for the last move as it gives your slower team more momentum. For the evs, I made it as Spd bulky as possible and also gave it enough speed to outspeed max speed Kingambit. Tera Fairy because it resists U-Turn and also just a solid defensive type also your team fits well with tera fairy.

cheeto (Moltres) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- U-turn

Small Changes/Notes:

Swap Low-Kick on :kingambit: for Iron Head. Low Kick hits things like :heatran: and :Garganacl:. But I think your team is good vs them already. Garganacl being checked by :Amoonguss:. and :heatran: now being checked by :Moltres:+ Support From Garganacl.

(I would say) Swap :heavy-duty-boots: on :Garganacl: for Leftovers as you are running a curse set and passive healing while setting up is nice. But your team is so hazard weak, I don't know how I feel about this change.

Your team is really weak to hazard stacking teams. They normally have one or two knock off users which gets rid of your boots and also Amoonguss will eventually get too chipped down to do anything. (Max layers + Chip from switching in on attacks) Which Regenerator can't heal back that much. And that you don't have any hazard removal is really tough. I would say replace Kingambit for :cinderace: for keeping some offence but also being able to remove hazards. I'm really loving this one set so imma pass it to you.

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Low Kick
- Court Change

Thats all! Hope this helps. Go get em!

Love the idea but as already noted by waytoopretty the team is very weak to ground, a switch to something like moltres or zapdos could be major for the squad. Thanks for sharing!

Heya! Excellent presentation of the team. I'm going to make some suggestions to improve your team.

Big changes:

Swap :skeledirge: for :moltres:. Your team is really weak to ground moves. There are no resists or immunes so your opponent can freely click Eq. (eg. :Landorus-Therian: with grass knot and eq.) With Moltres, you keep the burns with flame body and wisp. It also provides a much needed ground immunity. This pokemon can help punish faster teams with momentum (eg volt-turn teams) with its flame body ability burning u-turns and :clodsire: eating up volt-switches. This also helps with the matchup vs :heatran: as you can stall it out of Magma Storms. I would say to run a Spd set so Moltres can be a mixed wall so it can fish for flame body procs on contact/wisp and also be checks to things like :enamorus: and :iron-valiant: (if its phys). Here is a quick rundown of the recommended set. Flamethrower for burn chance and stab making Moltres not a sitting duck. Wisp is for when you need a burn without flame-body or disabling things like :kingambit:. Roost is for longevity as Moltres often switches in to alot of moves getting chipped through the match. U-turn was chosen for the last move as it gives your slower team more momentum. For the evs, I made it as Spd bulky as possible and also gave it enough speed to outspeed max speed Kingambit. Tera Fairy because it resists U-Turn and also just a solid defensive type also your team fits well with tera fairy.

cheeto (Moltres) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- U-turn

Small Changes/Notes:

Swap Low-Kick on :kingambit: for Iron Head. Low Kick hits things like :heatran: and :Garganacl:. But I think your team is good vs them already. Garganacl being checked by :Amoonguss:. and :heatran: now being checked by :Moltres:+ Support From Garganacl.

(I would say) Swap :heavy-duty-boots: on :Garganacl: for Leftovers as you are running a curse set and passive healing while setting up is nice. But your team is so hazard weak, I don't know how I feel about this change.

Your team is really weak to hazard stacking teams. They normally have one or two knock off users which gets rid of your boots and also Amoonguss will eventually get too chipped down to do anything. (Max layers + Chip from switching in on attacks) Which Regenerator can't heal back that much. And that you don't have any hazard removal is really tough. I would say replace Kingambit for :cinderace: for keeping some offence but also being able to remove hazards. I'm really loving this one set so imma pass it to you.

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Low Kick
- Court Change

Thats all! Hope this helps. Go get em!
Hey man! Thx for the tips, I'm enjoying :moltres: A LOT. Still getting used to :cinderace: and idk if it's going to stay but I like what it offers. And :leftovers: on :garganacl: fits soooo well! Thx so much :)

Minor changes:

1:Spikes on Clodsire to Stealth rock
Yea it does less damage, but stealth rock hits more things and hits certain mons more. I prioritise this over spikes.

2:Add something against stall
Your team can’t break stall. Stall can easily sacrifice one mon in the endgame, and have their tusk facing your kingambit, who doesn’t have a beneficial Tera. Even then, they have Dondozo, who can tank one hit and body press.

Major changes:

1:Learn something against the Maroczy bind

This system is very annoying to deal with if you play the Hyperaccelerated dragon

Minor changes:

1:Spikes on Clodsire to Stealth rock
Yea it does less damage, but stealth rock hits more things and hits certain mons more. I prioritise this over spikes.

2:Add something against stall
Your team can’t break stall. Stall can easily sacrifice one mon in the endgame, and have their tusk facing your kingambit, who doesn’t have a beneficial Tera. Even then, they have Dondozo, who can tank one hit and body press.

Major changes:

1:Learn something against the Maroczy bind

This system is very annoying to deal with if you play the Hyperaccelerated dragon
1. Will do

2. Agreed, what do u suggest? Pult or Ghold or something like that?

3. The hyperaccelerated dragon ain't even that good but thats like my one opening lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)