SV OU The road to number 1! IRON VALIANT, SERPERIOR, WALKING WAKE HYPER OFFENCE

My goal is to become the number one ou player, ive always found myself liking hyper offence, so i got an iron valiant and started to build.
:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Break
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I wanted to get a fast sweeper on the team, someone who could set up and sweep while having alot of speed and thats what iron valiant is for. After a quark drive boost, iron valiant can outspeed almost all of ou with the exception of iron boulder.Fairy, fighting s an excelent type combo and can only be fully resisted by very specific type combos like fire bug, poison fairy and bug poision and its overally a very helpfull pokemon to use in hyper offense.

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
At first i wanted to run cinderace, but iron boulder is just more verstialie because oi wnated three things, a sweeper, a flying resist, and someone with unexpected moves. Iron boulder is mazaing, with tera fighting to live kingambit and close combat to ohko it. It is the fastest mon the ou ou metagme if it has a booster energy and its amazing attack just helps it even more. Ground fighting and rock is amazaing type combo that cant really be fully resisted by anything.

:serperior:
Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

This pokemon is here just for its sweeping capabilites.Serperior is avery fast pokemon and contrary leaf storm can do nasty damage.And if you run into a pokemon that resists leaf storm like Iron moth or volcorona. you can use tera ground to help you move around it .Leech seed and substitute is just there to stall in general while draning the opponent of as much hp as possible if my tera is already used up its a great strategy for draining slower pokemon then me.

:walking wake:
Walking Wake @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Modest Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Agillity

I just wanted a water type to be honest.Walking wake is the best role for this i can find with its good attack and speed and overall diverse moves.A water type learning flamethrower can help it ko what it normally wouldnt do much against and flip turn is helpfull for getting switches while aslo doing damage at the same time.Tera steel is there to resist fairy and dragon while also countering other walking wakes and that 4x resist to water can stop rain sweepers like barraskewda.

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Encore

The main screens setter.At first i ran dual screens grimsnarl but i use ninetales because its the only thing i can use to really hit pokemon like gliscor.Encore can open up opportunites for other pokemon like serperior or iron valiant to sweep against stalling pokemon that dont have unawareand tera water is to get rid of that 4x steel weakness while also removing its fire weakeness and moonblast is there for more stab and ninetales is another dark resist against kingambit so thats good.

:Iron Treads:
Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner
- Stealth Rock

And the final member is Iron treads.I always struggled with hazards, so at first i wanted to use glimmora, but i felt like it didnt do much other than set up hazards and die, so the only other hazard setter i could think of was iron treads. My team always struggeled with posion types like toxapex and galarian slowking, so its nice to have some super efective stab against them. Im running stealth rock to chip at oppsing pokemon that constantly switch out.

I would appreciate feedback, thanks for reading this.

Last edited:
My goal is to become the number one ou player, ive always found myself liking hyper offence, so i got an iron valiant and started to build.
:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Break
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I wanted to get a fast sweeper on the team, someone who could set up and sweep while having alot of speed and thats what iron valiant is for. After a quark drive boost, iron valiant can outspeed almost all of ou with the exception of iron boulder.Fairy, fighting s an excelent type combo and can only be fully resisted by very specific type combos like fire bug, poison fairy and bug poision and its overally a very helpfull pokemon to use in hyper offense.

:cinderace:
Cinderace (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick

I needed a fire type with good speed, someone who could be very versatile on the feild while also being able to switch in to hazards.Cinderaceworks very well as a pivot with heavy duty boots which gives it the ability to not be affected by hazards, type change is very useful even though it is one time, and its overall the best poekmon i could think of. also get stab sucker punch which is great because i needed some form of priotiry.

:serperior:
Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

This pokemon is here just for its sweeping capabilites.Serperior is avery fast pokemon and contrary leaf storm can do nasty damage.And if you run into a pokemon that resists leaf storm like corvinknight or skarmory you can use tera stellar to help you move around it because it is netural to everyting and super effective against tera pokemon.Leech seed and substitute is just there to stall in general while draning the opponent of as much hp as possible if my tera is already used up its a great strategy for draining slower pokemon then me.

:walking wake:
Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Modest Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast.

I just wanted a water type to be honest.Walking wake is the best role for this i can find with its good attack and speed and overall diverse moves.A water type learning flamethrower can help it ko what it normally wouldnt do much against and flip turn is helpfull for getting switches while aslo doing damage at the same time.Tera steel is there to resist fairy and dragon while also countering other walking wakes and that 4x resist to water can stop rain sweepers like barraskewda. Tera blast is just there for the element of suprise because it can get a suprise ko on bulky fail pokemon.

:Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Encore

The main screens setter.At first i ran dual screens grimsnarl but i use ninetales because its the only thing i can use to really hit pokemon like gliscor.Encore can open up opportunites for other pokemon like serperior or iron valiant to sweep against stalling pokemon that dont have unawareand tera water is to get rid of that 4x steel weakness while also removing its fire weakeness and moonblast is there for more stab and ninetales is another dark resist against kingambit so thats good.

:Iron Treads:
Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner
- Iron Head

And the final member is Iron treads.I always struggled with hazards, so at first i wanted to use glimmora, but i felt like it didnt do much other than set up hazards and die, so the only other hazard setter i could think of was iron treads. My team always struggeled with posion types like toxapex and galarian slowking, so its nice to have some super efective stab against them. Im running iron head because if my tera isint used on walking wake, I have no way to hit fairy types supper effectivley.

I would appreciate feedback, thanks for reading this.
Pivots aren’t exactly necessary on HO, since you rarely switch anyway. I suggest switching cinderace for SD iron boulder with booster energy since it can set up behind veil but also revenge like cinderace because of its speed. Additionally I don’t like any choice items at all on HO because although they provide immediate power a single wrong prediction or a single KO on one of your opponent’s Pokémon and you’ve given up all the momentum. This is deadly to a ho team since you won’t have any defensive checks to switch to and you’ll likely get revenged. Because of this I recommend switching out the specs wake to a set with agility, booster energy and substitute with surf and dragon pulse. Max SpA investment along with max speed will mean after a single agility, you will be punching massive holes in teams. Also glare is probably optimal over leech seed as it makes switching counters into serp extremely annoying if you can catch them with a glare on the switch-in, because you can then set up something else while your opponent is left with a paralyzed Pokémon. Also consider running encore over something else on valiant, but this is down to personal preference.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)