Uxie @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rain Dance
- Yawn
- U-turn
- Reflect

This works very simply- I use Yawn on turn one, Reflect on the switch in and then Rain Dance. Damp Rock > Leftovers because I had a problem with rain ending too early. U-Turn is my only attack move, and I dont plan on changing that unless something big comes up.
---
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

The defensive wall to my team. Yes, Heatwave on a Rain team for in case the rain ends (or hasnt started yet.) Roost for healing over Thunderwave (been testing around and Roost has helped a little more for now.) Otherwise a pretty standard 'mon.
---
Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/92 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt

The switch into fighting types, and probably the only member of my team I dont like. Problem is, he is very useful on occasion (NP Azelf, Gengar running wild, burning Gyarados/ Salamence) so if you have anything I can switch this to I would be very grateful.
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Wish

The second Rain Dancer for the team. Thunder for the obvious Paralysis support, U Turn to flee from threats (not much but still.) Wish is to make switch in's to Kingdra easier and thats about it. I want to switch out U Turn, but the only thing I can think of is Water Pulse. Oh well.
---
Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

A rather awesome revenge killer for the team. I chose the scarf set to insure that I will pick off Jolteon and Infernape (I had trouble with both) and ensure Gengar stays down. I am really, really tempted to switch Sucker Punch over Night Slash. Aerial Ace is okay I guess, but I dont see many fighting types online anymore (besides Lucario) but there isnt that many other options is there? Thanks for any advice.
---
Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 208 Atk/164 Spd/136 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall

The final sweeper for the team. I liked this set in Ubers, and started playing around with it down in OU. Only thing is occasionally I would like Surf > Waterfall, but dont see any other point besides hitting Gliscor and Skarmory a little harder. I also dont like the item, is there any other viable options? I have used Lum Berry to some success, but generally I miss a couple of KO's without the boost.
---

Thanks for any advice.

Problems with team (short list)

Spiritomb
Kindgra's Item
Inability to absorb status by anyone
Steel types. Odd, but anything with Levitate that resists Steel stops my stuff in its tracks.

Please Help

One problem that I am seeing with this team is that you don't have enough abusers. Kingdra is the only thing truely benefiting from the rain.

I would go with LO Ludicolo over Spiritomb. This gives you a nice Swampert switchin and it can dent just about everything. As for your weakneses to steel types that can be solved with Ludicolo as well since he resists their attacks and no steel will enjoy taking repeated hits from LO STAB Boosted Surfs.

I'm not liking ScarfDugtrio and I never have liked him for trapping and killing Tyranitar. I would replace him with Scizor who does that exact job except doesn't run the risk of being OHKOd by Stone Edge or Blizzard from Abomasnow.

That leaves Jirachi less useful now. To solve your big Zapdos weak I would replace him with Swampert which gives you two checks to Tyranitar.

So that leaves you with a team of:

Uxie/Zapdos/Ludicolo/Swampert/Kingdra/Scizor.

Uxie doesn't exactly fit though. I would replace it with Azelf, who can explode and get your sweepers in safely.

So yeah I just did a major revamp to your team and made it much more offensive. Oh and use the CB set on Swampert, change Kingdra to mixed. Scizor just use the "It's a trap" set from the Strategy Dex with Rain Dance over pursuit.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
You're running a Rain Dance team, yet you're really not abusing the rain at all. You only have one Pokemon who can take advantage of the rain and that is Kingdra. So let's attempt to fix this.

I think that you should replace Spiritomb for Qwilfish. The reason why I say this is because sweepers in a Rain Dance team tend to get worn down by Toxic Spikes. Qwilfish fixes that problem because Qwilfish can absorb Toxic Spikes thanks to his part Poison typing. Qwilfish also resists Fighting which is always a good thing. You may have 3 Toxic Spikes immunities on your team, but they are all on your support Pokemon, and your sweepers themselves will be left vulnerable to Toxic Spikes significantly decreasing their ability to sweep. By running a SD Qwilfish over Spiritomb, you retain the ability to sweep with a deadly physical attacker with the ability to OHKO Celebi after an SD with a STAB Posion jab and a strong Explosion to take out at least one Pokemon. Rain teams always have trouble with opposing stall teams, and especially teams that run Toxic Spikes. Currently, something such as a Roserade or Nidoqueen lead with Toxic Spikes would mean that you pretty much lose because your sweepers will not be able to stay alive long enough to do any significant damage to your opponents team because the effects of Toxic Spikes will eventually take its toll. So for those reason, I suggest using the following Qwilfish set:

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion

The STAB combo of poison and water is only resisted by two Pokemon: Tentacruel and Empoleon. This is not a problem because you can just simply explode to eliminate them both from the match. Qwilfish's poison type will prove to be extremely useful to you because it will absorb those pesky Toxic Spikes and will help you out against stall teams immensely and also prolong the life span of your sweepers.

So basically this is what Qwilfish does for you
  • Destroys walls such as Celebi who tend to cause problems for Rain Dance teams. Can also Explode on pesky Pokemon such as Vaporeon who also tend to be problamatic for Rain dance teams.
  • Absorbs Toxic Spikes which greatly benefits the rest of your sweepers.
To be honest, I do not think that running a DD Kingdra on a Rain Dance team is any better than running a mixed sweeper Kingdra. This is a Rain Dance team, and Dragon Dance Kingdra is outclassed by a mixed sweeper Kingdra in my opinion. MixDra is definitely the way to go link6491 :toast:. If you want more reason to switch to a MixDra I would be glad to explain. Dragon Dance over Rain Dance gives +1 to Waterfall and +1 to Kingdra's speed while Rain Dance gives +1 to Waterfall, +1 to Hydro Pump, and +2 to Kingdra's speed. It also supports the rest of your team. So if you are interested in using a MixDra, I would suggest the following set.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Nature:Naughty
Ev's:252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

EDIT: Why not replace Jirachi with Bronzong? Bronzong has an amazing support movepool and allows you a second onslaught after your initial rain has died out. Reflect and Light Screen make sure your already bulky sweepers (Kingdra, Qwilfish) can last longer during the match Also, with Rain Dance in play, Bronzong has no weakness, which is always a plus! When done - simple explode. If you want to use Bronzong I would use a set of Reflect /Light Screen Explosion/ Gyro Ball with 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD and a Sassy nature. With those EV"s, Bronzong will OHKO Scarfed Gengar and Weavile and 2HKO Tyranitar with Gyro Ball. The Special Defense and Defense EVs maximize provide overall bulkiness, allowing Bronzong to survive a Flamethrower from MixApe. Since you have Uxie as a lead, I would suggest using Stealth Rock over Reflect on Uxie since Bronzong sts up the screens much more efficiently. Stealth Rock will also turn some certain 2HKO's into OHKO's.

Hope I helped and if you need any more help with Rain dance teams I suggest taking a look at The Rain Dance Guide. Good Luck with your team =D

I think that you should replace Spiritomb for Qwilfish. =D
What would you propose to do with Ghosts/ Psychics then? Dugtrio would be the only way to reliably pick them off.

This is a Rain Dance team, and Dragon Dance Kingdra is outclassed by a mixed sweeper Kingdra in my opinion. MixDra is definitely the way to go link6491 :toast:. If you want more reason to switch to a MixDra I would be glad to explain. Dragon Dance over Rain Dance gives +1 to Waterfall and +1 to Kingdra's speed while Rain Dance gives +1 to Waterfall, +1 to Hydro Pump, and +2 to Kingdra's speed.

One problem that I am seeing with this team is that you don't have enough abusers.
Agreed

I would go with LO Ludicolo over Spiritomb. This gives you a nice Swampert switchin and it can dent just about everything.
This also counters Zapdos, which I didnt notice

I'm not liking ScarfDugtrio and I never have liked him for trapping and killing Tyranitar.
I actually dont use him against Tyranitar (practically Suicide with this set)
The thing is occasionally having the Speed and Attack after the rain stops is nice.

On Jirachi, you could replace U-Turn with Reflect. Reflect allows your sweepers to take hits much more effeciently.
Aye, but Uxie already sets up Reflect. Should I have a dedicated Screener (Bronzong comes to mind, along with stopping Tyranitar and Exploding on walls)

Any more advice? Been helpful so far

You need to run thunder on zapdos also run scizor cb to revenge kill with bullet punch the threats spiritomb is handling. Full rate on the way

Ok. This is not Rain dance. This is more of a futile attempt at rain dance. With help, this can become a great Rain dance team, but you're going to have to take a giant leap in terms of switching out pokemon. Let's start with your lead.

Uxie is bulky, and yeah he's great, the main problem is that people prepare for Azelf. Azelf and Uxie aren't much different, besides the fact that Uxie is a bit more defensive. I suggest something that can come in repeatedly and isn't screwed by Pursuit, as if Ambipom or Leadvile lead, you might as well kiss Uxie byebye. Run a Zapdos over it. Bulky 252 Hp/252 SpA is great. I run Rain dance, and this works extremely well. I get Paralysis support, not to mention a nice bulky Rain dancer that can come in repeatedly. Lead with your Zapdos, it would work much better.

In the place of Uxie, run another sweeper. You have two choices here.

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

If Kabutops happens to switch into something that it scares, and gets the Swords Dance boost, it might as well be GG. A Life Orbed Kabutops hits 469 attack, and with STAB Aqua Jet, it wrecks everything, lest forget Swords Dance. Stone Edge is a great move against pokemon such as Vaporeon that resist my other moves. Aqua Jet is a nice Priority, and Waterfall is to prey on those slow Bulky pokemon and walls. The possibility of Stone Edge seems better though, not sure about this one.

Qwilfish (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion

Qwilfish is both a tech pokemon(meaning utility), and a sweeper. Qwilfish hits 412 Atk, and with a Swords Dance, he is now at 824 Atk, which is still potent. He also absorbs Tspikes, which can actually be a health risk for all of the pokemon that get touched by it. Poison jab still OHKOs Celebi also. Thanks LR!

Key Points:
  • 824 attack after an SD
  • Destroys walls, and when the rain is done, he usually has a Swords Dance.
  • Absorbs Toxic Spikes
Switch Duggy for Double priority Scizor. Scizor can set up his own sweep and still stops Blissey and Tyranitar. Bullet Punch hits many things extremely hard, I mean, STAB, Technician, Life Orb Bullet Punch tears through everything.
Quick Attack is for things like Infernape that tend to resist Scizor's Bullet Punch.
Spiritomb is doing virtually jack squat against anything besides slowing down your Rain dance sweep. Switch him out for Ludicolo, giving you another Rain dancer that can actually abuse it. I am gonna take a guess that you fear Machamp. The only way to beat Machamp on Rain dance aside from Luck is revenging it. It will keep tossing that Dynamicpunch until it kills something, and then you can One shot it with Ludicolo or Kingdra.

Okay, after some playtesting I have come to these conclusions-

1. I really need a lead. Zapdos works reasonably well, but Tyranitar leads destroy me on the second turn.

2. Qwilfish > Spiritomb all the way. I am tempted on occasion to drop

Sword Dance, as every time he comes into battle I dont have time to SD
3. Dugtrio seems to work better over Scizor. I know that Scizor covers what Spiritomb covered, but Dugtrio seems to be more helpful in the long run. The problem is that he doesnt hit quite hard enough. He just barely misses finishing off some pokemon (noteably Starmie) with Night Slash.

4. Kingdra. Dont know what to do with it. Changed it around like recommended and it worked reasonably well. But like I mentioned, when the Rain ended it was just dead weight.

The other pokemon recommended-
Ludicolo- worked well for a while, going to try it some more.
Kabutops- this has worked better than Qwilfish on occasion. Choice Band set covers a lot, and the Sword Dance set works well. Though if I want to use Aqua Jet I would probably use Azumarill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)