The Official Sanctioned Club of Biggest Losers Alive Society (World of Warcraft Thread)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
THIS THREAD IS FOR THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Talk about Raids or Dungeons or Leveling or Farming or World PvP or Arenas or Battlegrounds or General PvP or WHATEVER. Don't talk about role-playing though. Well actually you can talk about that but I really won't respect you.

I finally started playing this game 2 and a half weeks ago after being badgered by friends to play for YEEEEAAARS (Literally since Vanilla).

So because I wanted to spite my friend's existence (He plays Rogue) I made a Troll Hunter. I played that for 11 levels and barely survived killing myself, holy shit that was the most boring thing I've ever done in my life.

I then wanted to make a Blood DK, but lol I have to get a character to 55 first SO I made a Panda Prot Warrior and I got that to 90 5 days ago because it was hella simple and fun and I kinda just ignored the Blood DK plan. Did some Timeless Isle shenanigannery then decided to get some professions. I decided on Tailoring and Skinning because all of my friends are doing most of the other ones. I've now spent the past 3 or 4 days farming more cloth than my body can handle. Seriously, so much farming asdasdfasfdasfasf.

Now I still have the default lion griffen mount or whatever it is, and I need to be a special snowflake so I looked up all the flying mounts to find a cool one. Not understanding anything I decided that I needed this one.

I really need this thing.

BUT IT TURNS OUT it drops from a level 85 raid and I can't solo that shit as a Prot Warrior (Maybe I can actually, but probably not given how little self-sufficiency they have), so I realized I needed to go back to my plan of making that Blood DK (ORC MOTHERFUCKERS). I've currently only got that one to 60 and sporadically switch between leveling that for a bit and then farming cloth for hours on my Warrior. I also heard that the mount is/used to be? a 100% drop on heroic 25 man but I would need to be REALLY fucking good to be able to solo that shit, so I'll probably just grind normal 10 man for 2 years to get it. (;______;)

P.S. if anyone gives a shit I'm on the Bleeding Hollow server as Vouriykkonen (Panda Warrior) or Valkoista (Orc Blood DK)

PLEASE VALIDATE ME, I CAN'T BE THE ONLY NERD HERE THIS GAME HAS LIKE 7.6 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS.

Used to be is right. They nerf the shit out of all 100% drops once the next expansion hits, was the same deal with Invincible. You're probably just better off saving up some gold and buying it off the BMAH.

Also I'm guessing since you're new you don't realise that you're not supposed to talk about WoW in places where people who don't play it gather, you're supposed to live in shame with the knowledge that you play a nerdly game for nerds who suck.

I don't know why you have to refer to us as "losers", DnD is a lot nerdier while WoW is basically mainstream (it's even got a big budget movie in production).

Anyways I've played it since end of TBC/start of WotLK, would've started sooner but no money. Currently I'm unsubbed though, waiting for the next expansion since I get bored really fast and don't desire to keep paying $15/month to sit around in trade chat. Other than that, I main a rogue/monk (depending on how I feel) and also play Druid/DK. Just dps specs though, had bad experiences tanking before and healing isn't my thing at all.

I've actually been wanting to find a different mmorpg to try, any recommendations? Been thinking FFXIV, but dunno what other good ones there are. I've always been a Phantasy Star Online fan, but 2 is still Asia only >.>

Also, that the Raggy mount? You might find occasional pugs for H Rag, but they'd probably expect you to know it. It can drop in normal, we had 2 of them in our group though I didn't win either, but unsure if he's soloable by warrior, Warriros are a but iffy in soloing due to their weak self heals. DKs are the monster solo class, hunters are great too.

An easier fire bird mount you can try for is Ashes of A'lar, shitty drop rate as well but it comes from Lv 70 content, which you can pretty much roflstomp most of.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol, it's really 15 bucks a month? valk said 7.6 million subs so about 110 mil (lets say 100 mil) a month?

no wonder all these companies are trying to venture out into mmos...

fkin squareenix

TheValkyries

I don't know why you have to refer to us as "losers", DnD is a lot nerdier while WoW is basically mainstream (it's even got a big budget movie in production).
Pls, don't kid yourself.

Also, that the Raggy mount? You might find occasional pugs for H Rag, but they'd probably expect you to know it. It can drop in normal, we had 2 of them in our group though I didn't win either, but unsure if he's soloable by warrior, Warriros are a but iffy in soloing due to their weak self heals. DKs are the monster solo class, hunters are great too.

An easier fire bird mount you can try for is Ashes of A'lar, shitty drop rate as well but it comes from Lv 70 content, which you can pretty much roflstomp most of.
Yeah I know it can still drop in normal but it's at like a 1.1% chance, and I think Heroic 10 man is 1.7%. I can probs solo it if I get decent at DK. Maybe. And yeah I've seen the Ashes of A'lar mount and I very much prefer Raggy's mount because I, unlike many others, don't want to ride an obnoxious neon chicken.

lol, it's really 15 bucks a month? valk said 7.6 million subs so about 110 mil (lets say 100 mil) a month?

fkin squareenix
WELL I mean it can be 12 bucks a month of you buy game time in bulk, and you can get free months for doing some shit like refer a friend, but yeah they make bank. I think at it's peak WoW had like 15 million subs... which is just... WAY too much money.

You could always just run through the achieves in FL and get the alt skin of the rag mount, though it's a far less sexy purple bird. Still, with flying mounts aiming to go the way of the dodo unfortunately in WoD for a while, may as well just look for a fashionable ground mount.

fkin squareenix
That only works if the mmo is actually good, which nothing after wow really was. FF14 is no exception.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
He posted one in the League thread once too and I said he should do that more but he ignored me an stil t4lk liek dis :(

TheValkyries

SOOOOO I kinda attempted to solo obsidian sanctum with all the drakes up to get a cool sicknasty in between mount and very rapidly discovered that warriors with Second Wind really can't solo jack shit. I switched to Enraged Regeneration and still couldn't do it, but I feel like if I was less shit/had better gear I could do it.

Moral of the story: Fuck I REAAAAALLY need to get on leveling this Blood DK... WOOF.

Depends on what version of OS you're trying to do, with decent enough gear 10mam+3 is pretty easy since you can burn through them before the one drake comes out and makes Sarth immune to damage. 25man+3 is a bit rougher if you don't have near end-raid gear, but it's easy to grab a buddy or 2 to zerg it. And you are clearing out trash I assume...

TheValkyries

I tried both 25 man +3 and 10 Man +3. 25 man was absolutely undoable with just Timeless Isle sans Helmet and Boots gear. 10 man +3 I felt like could've been done but couldn't swing it and wasn't even really getting close because I just wasn't putting out enough DPS, and didn't manage my resist spells properly. I'm sure if I got good enough I could optimize the fight better and use my cooldowns properly and pull it off with the gear I have right now, but it's not going to happen anytime soon really. (And yeah I'm clearing out trash)

Yeah, if you're just in basic 496 gear, it'll probably be iffy to solo 10man+3, until you can hit up lfr SoO, would be easy to just grab a friend to help dps, that drake is so common now odds are any of your friends have it by now so they won't care, so it'd be yours to grab.

If you want Valk, you can hit me up to help you with old raids and shit. I'm always down for doing stupid old shit and I already have both OS mounts. Btag is elcheeso#1266

I'd offer to help, but being unsubbed and (unfortunately) Alliance doesn't help. Will definitely be using my free Lv 90 to make a Horde toon next expansion...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just unsubbed, got sick of raiding guilds falling apart and paying transfer fees, no one wanting to take melee specs unless you're a brewmaster or prot pally, and the fact that MoP is completely alt-unfriendly. I probably won't come back for WoD but I had fun while it lasted.

I just unsubbed, got sick of raiding guilds falling apart and paying transfer fees, no one wanting to take melee specs unless you're a brewmaster or prot pally, and the fact that MoP is completely alt-unfriendly. I probably won't come back for WoD but I had fun while it lasted.
Huh. I can understand the first three things (it's why I swore off transferring or paying any sort of money for additional bullshit like that after my first transfer back in vanilla, huge waste of money and time), but I don't really see how MoP is alt unfriendly. Hell, your alts can be given free 496 gear just by spending a little while on Timeless Isle which gives almost immediate access to SoO lfr... and with the combination of rep items from warscouts/warbringers and commendations once you're revered on your main make rep pretty simple. Not to mention the exp elixirs pre-85, and exp from pet battling. What problem did you have with your alts?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Huh. I can understand the first three things (it's why I swore off transferring or paying any sort of money for additional bullshit like that after my first transfer back in vanilla, huge waste of money and time), but I don't really see how MoP is alt unfriendly. Hell, your alts can be given free 496 gear just by spending a little while on Timeless Isle which gives almost immediate access to SoO lfr... and with the combination of rep items from warscouts/warbringers and commendations once you're revered on your main make rep pretty simple. Not to mention the exp elixirs pre-85, and exp from pet battling. What problem did you have with your alts?
Mainly gearing and the legendary quest although it's partially my own fault because I detest LFR haha. Call me lazy, but you used to be able to run some heroic dungeons to get the equivalent of last tier's gear and jump right into normal modes on a fresh level capped toon. Now you have to do a ton of jumping through hoops and rep grinding (for Shado-Pan Assault stuff) and I can't be assed to do that with four other 90s. Timeless Isle gear doesn't quite get you to flex level, you also need some valor gear if you want to pug ToT (valor is a pain in the ass to get this xpac too). I liked raiding normal and heroic with alts in Cata, now people require at least the meta for normal mode if not the cape and fuck running previous tiers of raids that I already progressed on for weeks on end just to "catch up". LFR and flex just don't do it for me, I like the real thing. And I hate how LFR is the "easy" and "convenient" way of gearing now, it's far more tedious than 5 mans.

It's a secondary reason to guild commitment issues and melee vs ranged balance problems. I'm getting tired of my DW frost dk and I really love my WW but it's one of the worst DPS specs for 10m atm with middling DPS, lack of raid utility, and how much better the other monk specs are relative to their roles. I love playing melee DPS so I'm messing with a new rogue until my sub time runs out. I think the only melee DPS I don't have is a warrior.

Last edited:
MoP was very alt-unfriendly early on with the extreme rep grinds and no "catchup gear" like in the past 2 expansions in how they'd release something to help each major patch, it's just finally with the last patch and nerfed lfr requirements that they've really been able to gear up. Like when I had to switch to my rogue from Monk about mid-way in ToT, it sucked a lot as he hasn't even started the legendary (and lfr groups are so shitty, be lucky to kill much these days, so I just gave up and became part of the problem by just auto-attacking in lfr. Obviously I don't in an actual raid, but there's zero incentive to help in lfr since I can just auto-attack a boss and watch TV regardless of win or lose).

But yeah, having played melee-only dps, the raids have continued sucking in that regard, they may as well not exist and just stack ranged instead. You get fights like Dark Shaman and just want to give up on WoW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)