The No Male Team

This team started out as a DragMag team, only for me to give that up and make a generic weatherless team. Eventually, it turned out that my team ended up being either female exclusive or genderless species. That said, here is the team.

Joy (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled

Blissey's job is mainly as a cleric and, to an extent, defensive pivot. It's a shame Aromatherapy and Wish are incompatible on her, though. Aromatherapy helps with those pesky Thunder Waves and Toxics flying around OU. Softboiled is pretty much mandatory here, Stealth Rock is for easier KO's, and Seismic Toss is to prevent her from being Taunt bait. Her EVs are designed so that she can actually survive physical hits as well, despite her reputation as a special wall.

How Do They Work? (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Something has to get rid of that pesky Scizor, a potent threat to my team. That something is Magnezone, who comes in to trap that ugly bug and kill it with HP Fire. That's not all it can do, though. It can also wear down Ferrothorn, who can't do much to it other than Leech Seed, and take out Skarmory or Forretress that do not have Sturdy active. For what it's worth, Thunderbolt takes out about 2/3 of Forry's HP, meaning it's still a 2HKO, but will not activate its Custap Berry unless it crits. Flash Cannon and Volt Switch are mainly filler; I rarely find a use for them, as the former has mediocre coverage while Magz is a bit too slow to abuse VS despite the Scarf. However, they're about the only things it gets. That said, it still does its job well.

Bianca (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Latias makes for a great Calm Mind user due to her great special stats, useful attacks, and Roost. Psyshock is great for getting past the pink blobs as well as other CM users, as well as destroying Breloom and Toxicroak and getting a solid hit on Conkeldurr. Dragon Pulse is her most reliable Dragon special STAB, due to not having the SpA drops of Draco Meteor. While she has trouble with Steel types, especially Jirachi, her teammates can deal with the wishmaker themselves, particularly the aforementioned Magnezone.

No, This is Patrick (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Sometimes, you don't have time to set up and have to get past that specially frail sweeper right now. Starmie fits that bill nicely. With its good three move coverage in Surf, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam, Starmie can hit a lot of things hard and is a solid revenge killer. Rapid Spin is an extra utility that Starmie gets, as Spikes can be an issue for this team (Stealth Rock, not as much). Furthermore, Natural Cure allows it to absorb Toxic, and possibly Spore, should Blissey be down.

Porthos (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Complementing Starmie on the physical side, Terrakion is the physical workhorse of the team. Its excellent STAB combination wrecks anything that doesn't resist it. Earthquake complements Stone Edge nicely; its main uses are against Jirachi, Metagross, and Toxicroak. Quick Attack is a lesser seen move, but it's useful on this team, as it is the only priority here. Justified allows it to switch in on Dark attacks with near impunity, making it a great switch in to Tyranitar.

I Am the 60% (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- U-turn

Rounding out the team is the notorious Paraflinch Jirachi. The paraflinching is provided by Iron Head and Thunder Wave, supported by Wish for healing itself or a teammate, and U-turn, for scouting and synergy with Wish. And if you wanted proof that 60%=100%, consider this: In a recent battle, Jirachi caused a Conkeldurr to flinch 6 times in a row... without paralyzing it.

Overall, this team has been in and won some hard fought battles. I think its main weakness is to powerful physical attacks, especially Fighting type ones. I'm interested to hear what this community thinks of what a team can do with a complete lack of testosterone.

Turns out Heal Bell is legal with Wish but Aromatherapy is not. Wish is an event move from Gen 3 and Aromatherapy is an egg move. What I didn't realize (until a quick check of Bulbapedia) is that Heal Bell is a tutor move in Gen 4. That said, I have Jirachi if I want to use Wish that badly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)