The Negative Metagame - XY edition

Why HP Electric...? I know it completes a pseudo-boltbeam, but does it really hit any relevant threats? Maybe I'm thinking this wrong, but I always thought of gen 6 HP as only there for hitting relevant threats that are 4X weak to it due to it's low base power; such as Scizor and Ferrothorn in OU being 4X weak to HP Fire and Garchomp and Gliscor being 4X weak to HP Ice. The only things HP Electric hits 4X in this metagame that are relevant would be... Wingull, Mantyke and Ducklett...? I don't even know if they'll be good or not. I'd personally go with HP Fire for Ferroseed, but that's just me.
sometimes coverage is better than power.

Why HP Electric...? I know it completes a pseudo-boltbeam, but does it really hit any relevant threats? Maybe I'm thinking this wrong, but I always thought of gen 6 HP as only there for hitting relevant threats that are 4X weak to it due to it's low base power; such as Scizor and Ferrothorn in OU being 4X weak to HP Fire and Garchomp and Gliscor being 4X weak to HP Ice. The only things HP Electric hits 4X in this metagame that are relevant would be... Wingull, Mantyke and Ducklett...? I don't even know if they'll be good or not. I'd personally go with HP Fire for Ferroseed, but that's just me.
There are so few relevant steel types in Nega that HP Fire isn't exactly necessary. But any type can be used depending on the specific team's needs

Cottonee - HP: 110, Atk: 123, Def: 90, SpA: 113, SpD: 100, Spe: 84

Cottonee is looking pretty cool. With passable 110/90/100 defenses, base 113 Special Attack, and Prankster, I can see Cotton Guard/Growth/Moonblast/filler move, possibly Sunny Day.

Omanyte - HP: 115, Atk: 110, Def: 50, SpA: 60, SpD: 95, Spe: 115

Damn, Omanyte is badass in this. Make way for Shell Smash, Waterfall, Rock Slide/Rock Blast, and Knock Off. Weak Armor will probably be the Ability of choice, making sure nothing outside of priority outpaces it after a hit.

Cubone - HP: 100, Atk: 100, Def: 55, SpA: 110, SpD: 100, Spe: 115

This is non-TNM Marowak but better in every way. It's fairly fast, has 100 base Attack coupled with Thick Club, and usable 100/55/100 defenses. Not only that, but Cubone can put its oddly impressive special move-pool to use, since it has 110 base Special Attack.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hey, good to see someone revive this!

Just keep in mind that Thick Club is banned, as per the Opening post. During the Gen. V incarnation of TNM, it was found out that it made Cubone too strong, if I remember correctly.

Minccino - HP: 95, Atk: 100, Def: 110, SpA: 110, SpD: 110, Spe: 75

In this ultimate role-reverser, Minccino becomes a bulky CM sweeper. With moves like Hyper Voice/Swift (it has better PP and is Technician-boosted, hence the reason why I'm even bringing it up), Dazzling Gleam, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, and Hidden Power (boosted by Technician, essentially giving Minccino a Flamethrower with every type except Fairy and Normal), Minccino can be a threat.

Pancham - HP: 83, Atk: 68, Def: 88, SpA: 104, SpD: 102, Spe: 107

Pancham could run Choice Specs to hit things hard with STAB Dark Pulse, Surf, Sludge Bomb, and Hidden Power Fighting (only Fighting-type special move it has). Parting Shot is slightly more useful now that Pancham gets a usable Speed, giving momentum. Just watch out for Defiant/Competitive users....

Dustox - HP: 90, Atk: 100, Def: 80, SpA: 100, SpD: 60, Spe: 85

Dustox is finally good now, yay! Quiver Dance makes Dustox's offensive presence better, and patches up its mediocre Special Defense. After a QD or two, Bug Buzz and Sludge Bomb are going to hurt. It even has recovery in Moonlight.

Last edited:
Ditto's Hp is good
meat Trapinch
105/50/105/105/105/140
leftovers
Earth power
toxic
protect
gigadrain
Fast as hell better bulk and power than normal mew

Snivy
105/105/95/105/95/87
Life orb
Leaf storm
wring out
knock off
gigadrain
Contrary is awsome

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Still only 1 HP, since its HP calculations bypass the base stat anyway. Still, it has sort-of-better stats than it usually does.

Paras - HP: 115, Atk: 80, Def: 95, SpA: 105, SpD: 95, Spe: 125

125 base Speed and Spore. gg. Still not as fast as Foongus (never thought the day would come when I would say that, LOL), but it has Swords Dance and a usable 80 base Attack stat. I can already see Spore, SD, Seed Bomb, X-Scissor/Brick Break....

Pawniard - HP: 105, Atk: 65, Def: 80, SpA: 110, SpD: 110, Spe: 90

Decently fast with 90 base Speed, and 105/80/110 defenses aren't too shabby either. I could imagine this being used as a fast SR setter, although there are probably better Mons for that. Maybe it could pull off a set of Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Hidden Power/Sucker Punch?

^Still only 1 HP, since its HP calculations bypass the base stat anyway. Still, it has sort-of-better stats than it usually does.
Actually, it isn't Shedinja that is hardcoded to bypass the HP growth formula, it is 1 base HP that is hardcoded to bypass the HP growth formula. If you were to hack the game and give Shedinja more than 1 base HP, it would follow the HP growth rate as normal. So while it is true that this meta has ruled that Shedinja will always have 1 HP, the basis for that ruling is factually incorrect.

Actually, it isn't Shedinja that is hardcoded to bypass the HP growth formula, it is 1 base HP that is hardcoded to bypass the HP growth formula. If you were to hack the game and give Shedinja more than 1 base HP, it would follow the HP growth rate as normal. So while it is true that this meta has ruled that Shedinja will always have 1 HP, the basis for that ruling is factually incorrect.
nerds

Actually, it isn't Shedinja that is hardcoded to bypass the HP growth formula, it is 1 base HP that is hardcoded to bypass the HP growth formula. If you were to hack the game and give Shedinja more than 1 base HP, it would follow the HP growth rate as normal. So while it is true that this meta has ruled that Shedinja will always have 1 HP, the basis for that ruling is fatality incorrect.
True that. I'd like the highest HP (and stat) in the Metagame, to belong to our very OP friend. Seriously, Shed is the definition of bulk. Not even status can stop him, since he has such high HP.

On another note about 149 HP Shed, Substitute Shedinja... New, and surprisingly good, meta.

Gothita is the most broken shit ever,it has 110/120/100/95/85/105 stats, its like Mega Gengar 2.0, it can trap you, lock you into a move, set up and sweep, and all you can do is:

Gothita is the most broken shit ever,it has 110/120/100/95/85/105 stats, its like Mega Gengar 2.0, it can trap you, lock you into a move, set up and sweep, and all you can do is:

149 hp Shedinja tho. And what if it used toxic on your setup Gothita huh?

Thats the only thing i can see as being a counter to it, but gothita can trap something else, kill it, and then switch out when shedinja comes in.
Anything can toxic. What if a shed shell Trapinch decided to toxic you? It can take a few hits, and then switch out whenever, and your Gothita would be stuck with the toxic (Bulky Arena Trap Trapinch)

Anything can toxic. What if a shed shell Trapinch decided to toxic you? It can take a few hits, and then switch out whenever, and your Gothita would be stuck with the toxic (Bulky Arena Trap Trapinch)
Gothita can come in on something that cant hurt it, setup, and beat the trapinch, then proceed to sweep at least half of your team because of toxic damage, but really, i dont think any trapinches will be running toxic lol.

Gothita can come in on something that cant hurt it, setup, and beat the trapinch, then proceed to sweep at least half of your team because of toxic damage, but really, i dont think any trapinches will be running toxic lol.
Bulky Trapinch might, Remember, it has the bulk of a god.

Ooh I loved this metagame back in gen 5!

Ralts appears to be really good, boasting fantastic base stats (namely defenses), Trace, as well as useful support moves!

Base Stats: HP: 122, Atk: 125, Def: 125, SpA: 105, SpD: 115, Spe: 110
Ralts @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Zen Headbutt

With Will-O-Wisp, great bulk, a respectable Attack stat, Wish, decent Speed, and Trace, Ralts is definitely a very fearsome wall!

Reactions: EV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)