The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as of now, i'm pretty disappointed by the Cavs performance. They lost to the bobcats, come on!

Also, the bulls could have won that game in overtime if Ben Wallace wasn't sleeping when he was gaurding Turkguolu (However you say his name)

Predictions for Finals:

Boston Celtics @ San Antonio Spurs

Boston because they have Ray Allen, KG, And Paul Pierce.

San Antonio because they have 2nd best record.

But i'm not sure, maybe Portland can beat SA to it :P

Working at a sports store you can always tell which team is the best.
People only look for Celtics hats.
It brings lawls.
So many bandwagoners.

Can we merge all these sports threads into one or something? Having four separate ones is a little bit ridiculous, or five if we have a 'World Football' one by now

Lol, I've been waiting for an NBA thread. I think the Heat has a lot to make up for with Dwayne back in. Phoenix has the same record as SA, just they played more games. SA- 21-8 PHX- 22-9. I say for Eastern Conf. Finals: Boston vs. Detroit, out of the West, Phoenix vs. San Antonio. Go Phoenix!

so i hear those boston celtics are pretty damn pro

I'm a huge NBA fan and a huge celts fan (since way before this season) so this year has been so much fun. Things are just so different now for the celts now, they dont rely on offense to win they have one of the best defenses in the NBA and it sure is showing with how many 10+ point blowouts now??? i lost count!

Celts looking for revenge on saturday at detroit, really looking foward to that game, but watch out pistons, the celts have already payed back the magic & cavs for their wins.

However i just want to say one thing, San Antonio is the #1 team in the NBA until they lose in the playoffs. I dont care if they come in at the damn 8 seed, they are still the best team until they get knocked out. I really hate saying that too.

I can only hope jackal or any other canadian will cheer for the raptors as I do. jamario moon is fucking amazing.

edit: I too would like an all sports thread

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ahaha my fantasy team is all raptors, calderon was my last round pick, CHA CHING. TJ ;_____;

but yeah raptors all the way, GET OUT THE SALAMI AND CHEESE MAMA, this ball game is over.

also NO big sports thread, i dont want to have to muck through NFL shit to find hockey posts, and im sure the football people only feel the same about hockey posts.

Celtics are overrated imo.

But then again I'm a bitter anti-Boston sports fan, like any other normal human being on the planet, atm.

Portland is my team. I've lived here my entire life, and used to love watching the Rip City Blazers back with Drexler and Porter. I think they're doing a pretty damn good job with the bad hand that was dealt to them right after the draft this year.

All that being said, I think they'll scrape 7th or 8th seed playoffs, and lose in the first or second round. Watch out next year though, they're gonna be insanely good.

Portland is exceeding expectations more than any team, and that is without Greg Oden! I am very impressed by them, Loetke.

Okay, how about making a separate sports forum then? I just feel it is a little silly for Congregation to have these topics dominating it and distracting from other serious threads!

How can you be upset with the Cavs? They are one of the few teams that have actually managed to beat the Celtics, which is great news. It shows that the Cavs have the potential to be one of the best teams in the league.

The Cavs are very much a momentum-based team. They go in streaks, which is a good thing and a bad thing. Before LeBron got hurt in that Pistons game, they were ripping shit up. They just came off of a nice winning streak, were 9-5 or so, and were looking like the could have beat the Pistons. Once LeBron got hurt, they lost a ton in a row and are still recovering from that.

Keep in mind they've won 3 out of their last 4. On top of that, Gooden is becoming more solid than ever, and somehow, Hughes has managed not to be a complete fucking piece of shit. In fact, despite his inconsistency, he's actually put up a few good games. And of course, LeBron is just as ridiculous as ever. You can say Kobe is better if you want, and maybe he is in some areas. But if you need one person to carry your team in the 4th quarter, picking any other play than LeBron is just retarded. Sure, he bricks more shots than he should, but once he hits a few in a row, he's goddamn near unstoppable. And if he drives to the rim, it's almost a guaranteed 2 points or a foul. Remember last year's Eastern Conference championship finals? Yeah, that game? LeBron is the fucking man.

The Cavs might not look like one of the best teams in the league right now, but we're only a third of the way through the season. If the Cavs pick up, they definitely have a shot at returning to the Finals again.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
detroit's winning it all this year, you heard it here first. also I can confirm that omni's team is a beast :(

edit: about the cavs, I agree that people are underrating them a little. Obviously lebron being out for a while hurt them but they just got sideshow bob back and they've been playing a lot better lately. however I don't think they have a shot at making it back to the finals because the east is a LOT better than it was last year. The celtics of course got good and the pistons are playing up to their potential plus they finally have a great bench again. Orlando, Atlanta and Toronto have also really improved this year. The cavs really did nothing to help themselves in the off season while the majority of the east did.

Sigh...the Clippers rocked the first five games...and they haven't recovered since. I had such high hopes for them after seeing their opening games.

I say Boston wins it all. Lol, you heard it on Smogon from me first. Portland is, imo, the most underrated team in the league. Either them, or New Orleans.

Because no other site or analysis or experts or columnists thought that at all what so ever.

Boston will get as far as Suns do. Always. falling. short.

Boston vs. Detroit right now, Boston losing :(.

Phoenix beat Sonics after coming up from 20 pt. loss, still surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)