The Monotype Melee (Round Six) - The Tenacious Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Round 6!
(Also, thanks for the thread-locking, mods :D)
Competitors Remaining: 6/36

Round Begins: Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Round Ends: Next Tuesday, 21 April 2009
Days Left: 1

***********************​

New Matchups:
  • Blue = 1 life
  • Green = 2 lives
  • Red = Result
Diesel vs Cosmic Jeff = Diesel
Pablo vs Deschain = Pablo
Erodent vs TheMage111 = Erodent
Supe vs Tri-DarkSouls = Tri-DarkSouls
Eiganjo vs TheMole = Eiganjo

Props to Deschain for being the only competitor up to this point with a perfect record!

Rules (Click)
Prizes (Click)

Alright, so this post will endeavor to explain what will happen should you fail to complete a match against your opponent. The winner that will be selected:
  • Has made an effort to contact the other.
  • Constantly posts in the tournament thread, keeping us updated on the status of the situation.
  • Has logged on Smogon either the day before or on the day the round concludes.
  • Is evidently more active than his or her opponent.
In reverse, the loser:
  • Did not make an attempt to contact the other.
  • Did not post here at all.
  • Last logged on Smogon two days (or more) before the round conclues.
  • Is evidently more inactive than his or her opponent.
Reference:
1. Pablo still has a life = 1 life left
2. Deschain lost a life = 1 life left
3. Cosmic Jeff lost a life = eliminated
4. Diesel still has a life = 1 life left
5. Erodent stil has a life = 1 life left
6. Mage lost a life = eliminated
7. TDS still has a life = 1 life left
8. Supe lost a life = eliminated
9. Eiganjo still has a life = 1 life left
10. Mole lost a life = eliminated

Statistics - Round 6
Meant for freaks (like me)

This is a compilation of the win-loss statistics of all 32 competitors up to date. They are arranged in order of the # of wins and are separated into 2 sections: competitors that are still in and competitors that have been eliminated. Do with the list what you will, but here's a general key as to what the symbols stand for. W means win. L means loss. - means was not present or draw. X is tricky - it is the round in which the competitor is not participating in because of elimination. So, for example, if the following symbols appear next to the name of a competitor: (WLLX), you can translate that to: Won in the first round, Lost in the Second Round, Lost in the Third Round, Eliminated, Did Not Participate in Round 4.

[Remaining] Competitor Statistics (Round 1-Round 2-Round 3-Round 4-Round 5):

Deschain (WWWWW)
Erodent (WWWWL)
TheMage111 (WWWWL)
Cosmic Jeff (WWWLW)
Diesel (WWWLW)
Supe (WWLW-)
The Mole (WWLW-)
Eiganjo (WWL--)
Pablo (LWWWW)
TriDarkSouls (LWWWW)

[Eliminated] Competitor Statistics (Round 1-Round 2-Round 3-Round 4-Round 5-Round 6):

Justenough (LLX) - Disqualified for Round 3
Mastadi (LLX) - Disqualified for Round 3
Magik0722 (LLX) - etc.
Kawl (LLX)
Dragonknight08 (LLX)
Alakapimp (LLX)
Krabs93 (LLX)
cw333 (LLX)
Honchkrow (WLLX)
Jigo (-LLX)
Asiankid (-LLX)
Wiinry (LWLX)
GoD_DanielDXC (-LWWLX)
NJsoccer (WWLLX)
Macle (WLWWLX)
Zerohorus (WLWLX)
Turtwigpal (WL-LX)
Lightsabre (-WLLX)

Chaos Emperor (-WL-LX)
Kenshin (--LLX)

Komodo (LWWLX)
Raistmagic (WWWLLX)

Man, I look forward to battling Deschain. I know people generally wouldn't like to face an undefeated person, but if you want to win a tourney, you gotta be able to beat anyone. I'll PM Deschain tomorrow if he doesn't PM me before that.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ill pm the mole shortly
should not be a problem arranging our battle since the mole lives in england which is like 1 hour earlier then myself ;P

Supe

would you suck the poison out
So I haven't seen TDS for a while. I see him logged into AIM often and have sent him IMs on 2 different occasions. He didn't respond either time.

So I haven't seen TDS for a while. I see him logged into AIM often and have sent him IMs on 2 different occasions. He didn't respond either time.
because i was on my phone on AIM and well it's very bad at IM'ing

Good job folks. Mage is currently beating me up as well :P
After what was possibly the most interesting and challenging game for me throughout this tournament, I'm happy to say that I defeated Mage 1-0...FANTASTIC match!

I forgot all the moves and stuff :[
2 people will get a free pass. The other 4 will play so that we will have a final 4. The ones who will not get free passes are ones with the sign - in their record, which means that they failed to play the same number of matches that others did.

I better get a free pass, I got outlucked first Round, AND got paired up against undefeated people TWICE, AND beat them both.

Nah just kidding I'm fine either way, I'm just confident in my team and I believe I can pull off a treble, first the UU Tourney, then the Doubles one and then this one.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Havent seen the mole online yet today, or yesterday. I really want to get stuff done the way its supposed ot be done :P he already told me that hes busy during most evenings, so hopefully ill catch him on this afternoon

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Guess it's just bad timing. I will be available ALL day today until maybe around 1am PST. Hopefully TDS will come online between now and then.

EDIT: TDS beat me. gg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)