The Monotype Melee Has Begun (Round One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This round will last until Saturday, February 28th 2009
Get the battles done , folks!

~ Approved by Sunday
~ Round #1

RULES
LEGITIMATE HACKS ARE BANNED! NO POKESAV.

THE STANDARD
Notably, OHKO / Evasion Clauses are active.
  • Standard tiers - You may use anything non-Uber.
  • 6 on 6 single battle - Well, this is understandable.
  • No Ubers - Ubers such as Palkia and Dialga are banned. Do not use Garchomp or Deoxys-S (fgtron note)
  • Sleep Clause - No more than one opponent Pokemon asleep at one time
  • OHKO Clause - No OHKO moves such as Horn Drill or Sheer Cold
  • Evasion Clause - No evasion-boosting moves.
  • Species Clause - No more than one species of Pokemon on a team. PORYGON2 AND PORYGON-Z ARE DIFFERENT!
  • Hax Item Clause - No HAX items such as Quick Claw or Focus Band.
ADDITIONAL RULES
Read. These are very important.
  • NO WEATHER! - Okay, don't shoot me. fgtron and I have discussed this and we have concluded that people will spam weather effects. As such, I am sorry to say Tyranitar, Abomasnow and Hippowdon are banned.
  • Changing Teams - Allowed between rounds. You are allowed to change types between rounds!
  • Discussion of Teams - Obviously disallowed.
  • Latias and Latios - Banned!
  • You do not have to disclose your team type in advance!
Yes, it's finally here! The Monotype Melee has begun. Hopefully all of you have your teams ready by now. fgtron has been working on the pairings.

Prize List - Still Accepting Donations!
#1 - Erodent's Something
#2 - fgtron's Jolly Scarfchamp (redistributable by winner only)
#3 - Vliegtuig's Shiny Naive Larvitar and Shiny Adamant Azumarill
#4 - Komodo's Shiny Adamant Altaria
#5 - Lightsabre's Something
#6 - Zerohorus' Shiny Luxray
#7 - Pink's Mild Skymin
#8 - The Lost One's Hp Ice Chimchar and Scyther

Disqualified Battlers
If you're nervous about your opponent's skill and believe you are unable to win, you can try to identify his or her imperfections! Check out the rules in up there.
If you find that your opponent has broken a certain rule, report! The person will be disqualified.
Disqualification emphasis is stressed on the illegality of legitimate hacks.​

Match Ups

Matches are double elimination so you have two tries.
Make them count!

1.Alakapimp vs. Dragonknight08(both disqualified this round)

2.Erodent vs. Mastadi

3.Tri-DarkSouls vs. Diesel

4.Krabs93 vs. CosmicJeff

5.cw333 vs. Turtwigpal

6.Kawl vs. The Mole(made the effort)

7.Justenough215 vs. Honchkrow

8.fgtron vs. Raistmagic

9.Pablo vs. Themage1111

10.Dragonknight900 vs. Zerohorus(dragonknight900 is not in the losing bracket)

11.Deschain vs. Dark-Ryu(next round will be Goddanieldxc)

12.Macle vs. Harro237(made the effort)

13.Njsoccer vs. Magik0772(made the effort)

14.Eiganjo vs. Wiinry

15.Supe vs. Komodo

16.Lightsabre vs. Chaosemperor(both advance)

Substitutes
1.Lightsabre
2.Asiankid123

Man I wish I could play.... SO MUCH FUN... Also Kudos to whoever uses Mono-Dragon...

Edit: 10 bucks that everyone chooses Mono-Steel... Scizor/Metagross/Bronzong/Empoleon/Heatran/whatever

Supe

would you suck the poison out
mix-mence could do well against monosteel...anyways, I PMed Komodo. I'm going out of town for a week starting Saturday. I really hope he can battle tomorrow.

I second that Mono Water team notion. Gyarados, Swampert, Suicune, Kingdra, Vaporeon, Lanturn and Starmie could all work(you can't use all 7 obviously).

Add a Scizor/Heatran as the wildcard to get rid of grass types and you can't go wrong.

I wish I had more time to join Tournaments :\

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully Supe and i can get our match done today. And unlucky Deschain, you better get through to battle me.

I second that Mono Water team notion. Gyarados, Swampert, Suicune, Kingdra, Vaporeon, Lanturn and Starmie could all work(you can't use all 7 obviously).

Add a Scizor/Heatran as the wildcard to get rid of grass types and you can't go wrong.

I wish I had more time to join Tournaments :\

lol. that's exactly the team I built, but I didn't get in so I don't care about revealing it. good luck to everybody

Man if somebody built a mono-Poison team, it'd be awesome...

Gengar / Tentacruel / Weezing / Roserade / Venusaur / Drapion???

It could work...

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it'd be kind of cool if you only allowed Pokemon who's dominant type is the one in your team (For example, Gengar is Ghost / Poison, not Poison / Ghost) but that's a tad unfair to some types!

I used Mono Water in a tournament once, I ended up winning lol.

That'd be interesting Jimbo... Poison just got shafted big time considering most of them have Poison as a secondary type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)