Monotype The Iciest Drip

:ss/ninetales-alola: :ss/weavile: :ss/cloyster: :ss/darmanitan-galar-zen: :ss/piloswine: :ss/avalugg:
Introduction
Yes, I do know that ice kinda sucks in the current metagame as Szicor usually destroys ice by its self. I stated mono this gen and the first team is made was ice so it will always have a place in my heart. Anyways I have been playing around with different sets for awhile and this is the final team I have come up with with the current shifts in the metagame such as bulk up Urshifu and dragon dance Dragapult along with bug being viable and possibly a top 5 type I have had to make changes to how I play ice this gen as we got very few new mons to from the DLC and got our most viable mon Kyurem-Black band wich hurt ice quite a bit. Anyways sorry for my spelling and I won't take offence to anything that someone says about my team I just want to get it rated.

Ninetales-Alola
:ss/ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
This is a standard Ninetales-Alola set I considered running scarf Grudge to take care of Jirachi and other steel type mons my other thought was to run Focus Sash Grudge to beat sizor but I feel like light clay is more viable as this allows screens to be up for eight turns. The other 2 moves are powerful stab moves that are able to hit a lot of the types for super effective or neutral damage. Along with its final move Encore is able to stop set up mons along with stealth rockers from doing anything after the first turn (except shell smashers).

weavile
:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick
Scarf Weavile saves ice from Jirachi as it outspeeds and kills with Knock Off. I also started running Triple Axel over Icicle Crash as its power output is amazing and it's able to beat dd Dragapult behind substitute along with certain shash lead mons such as Ribombee Kommo-o (I do know they aren't used much anymore) and other such as moixe scarf Krookodile and a lot of damage to Mandibuzz. Low kick is able to threaten other Weaviles aloung with Tyranitar, Duraludon, Blissey, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Chansey, and Snorlax. Foul play is useful for pokemon such as Shell Smash, sword dancers, and so on I find it very useful but I have considered swapping it out for poison jab to help with my fairy mu as it is the most used type right now in my opinion.

cloyster
:ss/cloyster:
Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
Kings rock Cloyster it is amazing as it is able to win matchups it normally shouldn't win such as Cloyster v Toxapex and Cloyster v Avalugg it is also one of my late-game sweepers able to help me beat fire and other types such as bug I run hydro pump and jolly to let me beat scarf Cobalion and do a lot of damage to sizor as they both have lower sdef it is also my primary way to beat dragon along with the fact that my type is super effective against it as Cloyster is able to beat max def Duraludon if its flinches.

darmanitan-galar-zen
:ss/darmanitan-galar-zen:
Darmanitan-Galar @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Zen Mode
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Substitute
It personally hurts me to run this set but this is my main Scizor counter as it can just bulldoze through almost all ice types with bullet punch after zen mod is activated Darmanitan gets to base 160 attack and base 135 speed which is an insane speed tier for the current metagame only being out speed by notably Dragapult, Zeraora and Barraskewda. While sadly not outspending jolly scarf Dracovish and most other scarf mons it still packs quite a punch.

piloswine
:ss/piloswine:
Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
This set is meant to beat Volcarona with rock slide killing it along with beating scarf Charizard (is that even used anymore) it is also the special defensive wall of my team and my stealth rocker. It is also my one of the two mons that takes neutral damage from fire and also helps with bug matchups as its able to hurt Volcarona and Galvantula for big damage. It is also my toxic spreader and helps with my poison match up being able to hurt Salazzle and others with Earthquake.

avalugg
:ss/avalugg:
Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Avalugg is my defensive wall and my hazard control it also acts as another check to sizor. Also after Keldeo gone it's able to beat fighting with body press along with normal after Heliolisk is gone it also is able to beat waters Shell Smasher. Also being able to live a few hits from Cinderace, Dracovish, and Terrakion and possibly revenge killing them. Also, 4 in speed to beat other Avalugg may need to go up to 8 though with the sample team having 4 as a standard

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

edit I did some calcs
+2 16 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 252-297 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage
+2 16 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 252-297 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 16 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 274-324 (84.5 - 100%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
12 Atk Piloswine Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 312-368 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
12 Atk Piloswine Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard: 272-320 (91.5 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

with Roxiee suggestions, I have made the final team I also add a bit more spa to Cloyster so it can beat Cobalion better also replaced Weavile with Alolan Sandslash as he helps with the fairy mu and also pretty bulky. Along with getting rid of darm g for Kyurem which I have found super useful as a wall breaker and specs hits hard.

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Cloyster @ King's Rock
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Sandslash-Alola @ Wide Lens
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Hey Ninja! nice team!
I have a few nitpicks to improve it.
The ninetales set looks good, scarf grudge has fallen out of favor due to better players being able to see it coming, so Light Clay+ screens is perfectly fine. On weavile, take off Foul Play and replace it with something like Ice shard, which gives your team some nice priority, and Foul Play doesnt actually deal damage using your attack; it takes the opponents attack into calculation. This one is a bit of a preference but smth like Ice Shard on Cloyster over Hydro Pump might work better, as the removal of z moves hurts Pump Cloyster a lot and Ice Shard is overall a more reliable move, being able keep the sweep going against priority users or faster pokemon in general. For Darm-G, your set is very weird ngl, and while babiri berry does sort of soft check scizor, after rocks damage there is a very high chance that you'll be ohkod by CB Bullet Punch, and any +2 scizor will leave you with slim chances of survival even without rocks. Obviously while screens are can let you live both, considering you're trying to check a scizor that has already landed itself on the field, you will not be getting screens up. Rather then babiri darm, Choice Scarf is a nice option which will allow you to outspeed Scarf Drill, Scarf heracross, and a lot more(You can still keep scarf on Weavile, dual scarf Ice isn't bad at all). Avalugg itself is a nice check to CB scizor, being able to switch in easily, and any non defensive variant of scizor will be very likely be 2HKOd by Body Press with Hail damage. On Piloswine, make sure you have 12 Atk EVs to guarantee the OHKO on Volcarona. Otherwise, really great team! I would love to see more

Hey Ninja! nice team!
I have a few nitpicks to improve it.
The ninetales set looks good, scarf grudge has fallen out of favor due to better players being able to see it coming, so Light Clay+ screens is perfectly fine. On weavile, take off Foul Play and replace it with something like Ice shard, which gives your team some nice priority, and Foul Play doesnt actually deal damage using your attack; it takes the opponents attack into calculation. This one is a bit of a preference but smth like Ice Shard on Cloyster over Hydro Pump might work better, as the removal of z moves hurts Pump Cloyster a lot and Ice Shard is overall a more reliable move, being able keep the sweep going against priority users or faster pokemon in general. For Darm-G, your set is very weird ngl, and while babiri berry does sort of soft check scizor, after rocks damage there is a very high chance that you'll be ohkod by CB Bullet Punch, and any +2 scizor will leave you with slim chances of survival even without rocks. Obviously while screens are can let you live both, considering you're trying to check a scizor that has already landed itself on the field, you will not be getting screens up. Rather then babiri darm, Choice Scarf is a nice option which will allow you to outspeed Scarf Drill, Scarf heracross, and a lot more(You can still keep scarf on Weavile, dual scarf Ice isn't bad at all). Avalugg itself is a nice check to CB scizor, being able to switch in easily, and any non defensive variant of scizor will be very likely be 2HKOd by Body Press with Hail damage. On Piloswine, make sure you have 12 Atk EVs to guarantee the OHKO on Volcarona. Otherwise, really great team! I would love to see more
Thanks for the suggestions after doing some more calculations with darm g, I think it isn't as good of a set without screens struggling to live a hit form Siczor while the substitute set works okay for setting up on a few types I do agree that scarf or band would probably work better in this cases. I was also playing around with Lapras specs and perish poll variants and a few slush rush abusers. Along with a few different kyerem sets such as a dragon dance/icicle spear and stall sets but none of them really worked amazingly. If you or anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

Beartic @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance/Aqua Jet

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature/ Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin/Sword Dance

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey! I have been testing your team out over the past few days. Galarian Darmanitan is a great Pokemon, but I feel like in many situations, Cloyster is better. The original team, I changed Weavile to Alolan Sandslash because I feel it does a little better vs Fairy which is very common at the moment as compared to Weavile. However, Weavile is great vs Psychic and Ghost, so they play 2 different roles, and having 2 different variants are fine. With that being said, I would suggest running Kyurem > Galarian Darmanitan.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
Kyurem helping with walls such as Toxapex and Galarian Corsola and being the best special wallbreaker Ice has to offer is too good to miss out on.

Hey cool team, yeah Ice took a huge drop off since the Kyurem-B ban, however, I do have some suggestions for you here to optimize it vs the metagame as a whole.

:Darmanitan-Galar-Zen: ----> :Darmanitan-Galar:

This is not that great of a soft check for Scizior to begin, and in all honestly Scizor is not all that popular, rarely ever seen on Steel teams, and only ever seen on Bug teams. Galarian Darmanitan with Gorilla Tactics poses a much larger threat to the metagame as a whole with its wallbreaking abilities, rather than a gimmicky Zen-Mode set. Choice Band Galarian Darmanitan can punch holes in opposing teams which is beneficial as your team lacks a wallbreaker.

:Kyurem:

Another option here is to add SubRoost Kyurem over Cloyster to help aid with the Water, Poison, and Normal matchups to deal with Toxapex and Chansey as all in all Cloyster isn't vital for anything by any means. You will not have to rely on a KIngs Rock to beat Toxapex when Kyurem itself can clean through Water. SubRoost Kyurem is a menace and takes advantage of all passive Pokemon.

Sets: https://pokepast.es/085b07463bc0d4bf

Not much else to say here, Ice really took a huge drop in viability with Kyurem-Black gone, hopefully after DLC 2 and a potential Kyurem-B retest can bring some hope to this type.

:ss/ninetales-alola: :ss/weavile: :ss/cloyster: :ss/darmanitan-galar-zen: :ss/piloswine: :ss/avalugg:
Introduction
Yes, I do know that ice kinda sucks in the current metagame as Szicor usually destroys ice by its self. I stated mono this gen and the first team is made was ice so it will always have a place in my heart. Anyways I have been playing around with different sets for awhile and this is the final team I have come up with with the current shifts in the metagame such as bulk up Urshifu and dragon dance Dragapult along with bug being viable and possibly a top 5 type I have had to make changes to how I play ice this gen as we got very few new mons to from the DLC and got our most viable mon Kyurem-Black band wich hurt ice quite a bit. Anyways sorry for my spelling and I won't take offence to anything that someone says about my team I just want to get it rated.

Ninetales-Alola
:ss/ninetales-alola:
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
This is a standard Ninetales-Alola set I considered running scarf Grudge to take care of Jirachi and other steel type mons my other thought was to run Focus Sash Grudge to beat sizor but I feel like light clay is more viable as this allows screens to be up for eight turns. The other 2 moves are powerful stab moves that are able to hit a lot of the types for super effective or neutral damage. Along with its final move Encore is able to stop set up mons along with stealth rockers from doing anything after the first turn (except shell smashers).

weavile
:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick
Scarf Weavile saves ice from Jirachi as it outspeeds and kills with Knock Off. I also started running Triple Axel over Icicle Crash as its power output is amazing and it's able to beat dd Dragapult behind substitute along with certain shash lead mons such as Ribombee Kommo-o (I do know they aren't used much anymore) and other such as moixe scarf Krookodile and a lot of damage to Mandibuzz. Low kick is able to threaten other Weaviles aloung with Tyranitar, Duraludon, Blissey, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Chansey, and Snorlax. Foul play is useful for pokemon such as Shell Smash, sword dancers, and so on I find it very useful but I have considered swapping it out for poison jab to help with my fairy mu as it is the most used type right now in my opinion.

cloyster
:ss/cloyster:
Cloyster @ King's Rock
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
Kings rock Cloyster it is amazing as it is able to win matchups it normally shouldn't win such as Cloyster v Toxapex and Cloyster v Avalugg it is also one of my late-game sweepers able to help me beat fire and other types such as bug I run hydro pump and jolly to let me beat scarf Cobalion and do a lot of damage to sizor as they both have lower sdef it is also my primary way to beat dragon along with the fact that my type is super effective against it as Cloyster is able to beat max def Duraludon if its flinches.

darmanitan-galar-zen
:ss/darmanitan-galar-zen:
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Substitute
It personally hurts me to run this set but this is my main Scizor counter as it can just bulldoze through almost all ice types with bullet punch after zen mod is activated Darmanitan gets to base 160 attack and base 135 speed which is an insane speed tier for the current metagame only being out speed by notably Dragapult, Zeraora and Barraskewda. While sadly not outspending jolly scarf Dracovish and most other scarf mons it still packs quite a punch.

piloswine
:ss/piloswine:
Piloswine @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
This set is meant to beat Volcarona with rock slide killing it along with beating scarf Charizard (is that even used anymore) it is also the special defensive wall of my team and my stealth rocker. It is also my one of the two mons that takes neutral damage from fire and also helps with bug matchups as its able to hurt Volcarona and Galvantula for big damage. It is also my toxic spreader and helps with my poison match up being able to hurt Salazzle and others with Earthquake.

avalugg
:ss/avalugg:
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Avalugg is my defensive wall and my hazard control it also acts as another check to sizor. Also after Keldeo gone it's able to beat fighting with body press along with normal after Heliolisk is gone it also is able to beat waters Shell Smasher. Also being able to live a few hits from Cinderace, Dracovish, and Terrakion and possibly revenge killing them. Also, 4 in speed to beat other Avalugg may need to go up to 8 though with the sample team having 4 as a standard

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

edit I did some calcs
+2 16 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 252-297 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage
+2 16 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 252-297 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 16 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 274-324 (84.5 - 100%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
12 Atk Piloswine Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 312-368 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
12 Atk Piloswine Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard: 272-320 (91.5 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

with Roxiee suggestions, I have made the final team I also add a bit more spa to Cloyster so it can beat Cobalion better also replaced Weavile with Alolan Sandslash as he helps with the fairy mu and also pretty bulky. Along with getting rid of darm g for Kyurem which I have found super useful as a wall breaker and specs hits hard.

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore

Cloyster @ King's Rock
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Sandslash-Alola @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
First off, absolutely drop the Piloswine. There's no excuse trying to use multiple defensive mons on an ice team. It's ice. I recommend replacing it with Scarf Mamoswine, which is a terrifying sweeper that can steamroll teams on its own, and checks an ungodly amount of common pokemon.

Here's the set.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Icicle crash and earthquake alone are super effective against a total 9 types, giving you unmatched STAB coverage. The other two moves are really your choice, these are just the ones I use.
Other options for those slots are Stone Edge (or rock slide if your luck is like mine), Heavy Slam to deal with fairies, or even ice shard if you still want priority.

And if you're gonna use a specially defensive ice type, It's really idiotic to not choose frosmoth for the job, since ice scales is incredible. you can even use frosmoth as an icy volcarona: Like they say, if you can't beat em, join em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)