SPOILERS! The Hisui Region Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
Hey Smogon Community. It is Trainer Saturn.

MV5BNzNmMzJmYmItODE4ZS00NzkyLWIxZmUtNDZjMDlhMDIyZTllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA1ODU0Mzc@._V1_.jpg

Sinnoh has been a long-time favorite of mine due to the terrain, many dynamic characters, and legends it has to offer. I am so excited to be going back. Much like one of those dynamic characters, Cynthia, I pride myself in learning all things Sinnoh and about the many myths behind it. I had to do some investigating and I need the help of the Smogon Community to help uncover some mysteries.

The Hisui region is the Sinnoh from long ago. One of the first settlements was Jubilife Village where people from other regions came to settle & explore the newly found landmass. Judging on the map, these settlers came from the river which would later be known as Canalave City. That had to be a good place to start looking to discover some of these mysteries. I went to Canalave City and went to Canalave Library to do some light reading to shine some light on ancient Sinnoh.

From the book titled "Sinnoh Region's Mythology": "Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made, Pokemon and humans led separate lives. This is not to say they did not help each other. No, indeed they did. They supplied each other with goods and supported each other. A Pokemon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans. It asked that Pokemon be ready to appear before humans always. Thus, to this day, Pokemon appear to us if we venture into the tall grass."

We all know that, in ancient times, Pokemon were not always friendly towards humans. Sometimes they were frightened of us and other times they wanted to attack us. Was it because we were taking their land? Was it because they were naturally dangerous? Maybe it was a more powerful force driving some Pokemon to go crazy. Nevertheless, they did lead separate lives and many Pokemon (like the starters) were there to help humans. We, as trainers, continue to strengthen our bonds with our Pokemon.

Who could be this mysterious Pokemon that proposed to all Pokemon to be ready to help humans? Was it Arceus? What connections does he have to this story? I would love to hear from you in the comments! What do you think? :blobthumbsup:

I don't think that the settlers in Jubilife Village were the first to come to the Hisui region. I took my Pidgeot and flew over to Eterna City and later to Celestic Town. We have a couple of old cities specifically being Eterna City and Celestic Town that are described to be very old places. So old, that the myths and folktales of Sinnoh reside in the very essence of them & their culture. I flew over to Celestic Town to visit the ruins. If you go study the statue in Eterna City or the painting in the Celestic Ruins, these ancient people lived amongst the legendary Pokemon before they left our world and before the lake guardians dove into their lakes for many years.

While I was at Celestic Town, I visited the Celestic Ruins and met Cynthia who told me a different interpretation of the ancient painting. While many believe it is the lake guardians surrounding Palkia or Dialga, Cynthia mentioned how it could be the creation trio surrounding a more powerful Pokemon; one that could have created this world of ours. She comes to this conclusion because of the plates that Arceus left behind which talk about the beings of time & space set free from "Original One". Afterward, I had to meet up with Cynthia's grandmother, Professor Caroline, who found a book in the shrine that is quite old. This book describes how to summon Dialga & Palkia at Spear Pillar with the Adamant & Lustrous Orbs and Professor Caroline concludes (and I quote):

"It seems the people of long ago met both Dialga and Palkia, the Pokemon of time and space.".

These myths are so old that these ancient people even describe Giratina being banished to the Distortion World for its destructive power. Will Jubilife Village be one of the first settlements of people? Do you think people came before & made small homes in the Hisui region? Do you think it is possible that Giratina might appear in Pokemon Legends Arceus where Arceus has to stop him from this destruction and banish him? How do you think people met these legendary Pokemon? Maybe Giratina was the one causing Pokemon to go mad. I would love to hear what you think in the comments! :blobthumbsup: What do you think?

Now it is time for some maps :D

hisui_region_map_pokemon_legends_arceus.jpg
sinnoh.jpg

What differences do you see between the maps? Do you see any similarities? Maybe Regigigas was still moving the continents in the ancient Hisui region. I noticed the Pokemon League area is different and Twinleaf Town is mainly rivers. Hey. Is that Regigigas ruins in the Snowpoint City area? What are you excited about and what do you want to see in the game?

Thank you all for reading and let's theorize together :bloblul:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)