ORAS OU The Graceful Dragon ( Mega Alteria team )

Who is the best Pokemon out of the team

• Total voters

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello guys this , as you can tell by the title, team built around Mega Altaria and trying to make the team better but need some help.

First Pokemon is Altaria. Choose it mostly because its typing seems amazing both offensive and defensive also because because it looks amazing. I went with Special Attacking mix set Earthquake for Heatran Hyper voice for Stab and hits like a truck Fire blast for those steel types. The 176 Speed is to Outspeed base 70s max in special attack 8- in speed for bulk i went modest still because i didn't want to sacrifice bulk and E-quake still 2 hit ko heatran.

Cloud 9 (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Second mon was the God himself porygon2. Chose porygon because it checks mamoswine any set on Greninja Talonflame and spreads paralyzes for the team to slow the other team down also can trace salamence intimidate and weaken it.Toxic is to weaken the other player team Discharge and icebeam for bolt-beam and slowdown team recover for health. 16 in Sp Defense ti make greeninja hydropump a three hit KO even after rocks max health for bulk rest in Defense to help take hits from mamo and Talalonflame easier bold for increased bulk.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Discharge

Third mon Talonflame.Picked Talonflame because the team seemed kinda flow and needed some priority and resists fairy and fighting types for fighting types aslo wanted another mon to beat Greninja. Choose the SD set because in the this meta it seems to be the best set and brake teams. Evs are standard to out speed Thunderous before it can thunderwave it.

Tweety (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Fourth mon is old good Conk. Conk here to take rock type attacks beat magnazone chansey and provide support also in Knock off. Standard set to take hydropumps from greninja and and any other special attack its not weak to. Conk is also here to take status for the team and get a boost its self when it does and takes dark types for the team ,Weavile and Bisharp.

Krusty (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Fourth mon Bisharp. Here to pursuit trap take ghost type attacks and another form of priority. I went with max speed to out speed 64 in speed rotom and max attack to deal max damage. Bisharp is also here to 2 hit KO Mega Bro. Also another user or knock off to help weaken stuff like evolites pokemon.Also knocks off Magnazones Choicescarf letting Alteria out Speed and Kill with Fireblast/Earthquake.

Inuyasha (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Edit:Replace ment for Sylveon Latias was put here as a suggestion the team really needed a defogger and latias is the bulky defogger i was looking for. Latias also forms a Fair/Steel/Dragon core with the team. Evs make latias able to make lifeorb Thunderous Hidden Power Ice a 3 hit KO max and HP fighting steel let it hit steel types like ferro and beats Heatran also coverge for T-tar ( but you have so many stops to t-tar you can run other moves)

Savannah (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]/Psyschock/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
- Roost/HealingWish

Thanks for taking a look at my team if you have any moves pokemon etc leave a comment.

Team :

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Discharge

Cloud 9 (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tweety (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Krusty (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Inuyasha (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Savannah (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Edit:Took off Slyveon for Latias

Last edited:
Pretty cool team, you might need a spinner/defog support. You can also try to fit some hazards in.
Also I suggest you take off sylveon since you have Altaria already try something like Lati@s.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Pretty cool team, you might need a spinner/defog support. You can also try to fit some hazards in.
Also I suggest you take off sylveon since you have Altaria already try something like Lati@s.
Should i have roost Draco Defog and Psyshock/Psychic or Hidden Power Fighting/Fight Defog Draco and Psyschock

Should i have roost Draco Defog and Psyshock/Psychic or Hidden Power Fighting/Fight Defog Draco and Psyschock
Draco, defog, Psyshock, Roost/EQ/T-bolt or Healing wish if using Latias. You don't need HP fighting looking at the team.
You can fit some hazards and switch up few things, Ferrothorn instead of Porygon maybe? It checks Azumarill, Greninja w/o HP fire etc. and can set up hazards, it has synergy with the rest of the team. Check most of Altaria, Talonflame, Conkeldur's weaknesses. It fits the team really well.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Draco, defog, Psyshock, Roost/EQ/T-bolt or Healing wish if using Latias. You don't need HP fighting looking at the team.
You can fit some hazards and switch up few things, Ferrothorn instead of Porygon maybe? It checks Azumarill, Greninja w/o HP fire etc. and can set up hazards, it has synergy with the rest of the team. Check most of Altaria, Talonflame, Conkeldur's weaknesses. It fits the team really well.
Good point on the Ferrothorn thing but i had so many battles with porygon where it just won me the game thanks to how buly it is plus trace.

Good point on the Ferrothorn thing but i had so many battles with porygon where it just won me the game thanks to how buly it is plus trace.
Ah well you can keep that, it's up to you but Latios\as should work in the team.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks pretty nice, however, you are pretty weak to a few things :

- Mega-Gardevoir looks like a real problem for this team, can come in easily against Conk, Latias, or P2, and your only switchin to Hyper Voice is Talonfalme who really doesn't take it well. You are also extremely weak to Mega-Diancie who basically beats your entire team singlehandedly. One way to fix this would be to add Jirachi, it also provides you with a SR setter which is pretty important to have on most teams, and can gaive you Wish support too. As for what to replace it with, that's a bit tricky. Maybe Porygon-2 since it seems to be your least useful team member but that's your Talonflame and MMence counter, and these two cause huge problems for your team if you drop P2, so you'll ed to find a way around them if you remove it (Air Baloon Heatran could work okay I guess). You could also replace Conkeldurr for it : Chansey isn't a threat to your team since you have Pursuit Bisharp, you already have P2 for Greninja, and thought it lets you deal with Magnezone, Jirachi is actually able to beat it by PP stalling it assuming it runs Wish+Protect so you can still get around it. Unfortunately, You do end up with a weakness to Bisharp and Weavile by removing Conk, as well as Sand Rush Excadrill to a lesser extent, but that can somewhat be patched up by running HP Fighting on Latias.

- You also have a big weakness to Azumarill. Jirachi helps since it's a check to it but does not enjoy Knock off at all. As mentioned earlier, Ferrothorn can deal with it while also faring okay vs both Bisharp and Weavile. Running Poison Jab on Conkeldurr is a good option, since that enables you to lure not just Azumarill but also Mega-Gardevoir. The best way you can really deal with it overral is just wearing it down as much as you can. If you decide to replace Conkeldurr for Jirachi, you can run Latios with a moveset of Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Hidden Power Fighting/Defog, this enables you to both lure Bisharp and deal some sizable damage to Azumarill and Mega-Gardevoir as they switch in, at the cost of not being able to Roost/Healing Wish.

- Small nitpick but I would consider running 220 Speed with a Timid nature on MAltaria. Reason for this is that it's your main answer to Mega-Heracross, who comes in for free on Bish Conk or P2 and puts you in trouble. Talon checks but CC actually does a huge amount and Rock Blast obviously OHKOs. THose speed EVs enable you to outspeed Jolly MHera therefore checking it a lot better (otherwise Rock Blast 2HKOs you). That being said MHera is very rare in ORAS so maybe it's really not worth it in practice. At the very least I would run 176 Speed with a Timid Nature since that lets you outspeed Jolly Bisharp (you can even move up to 184 for Jolly MTTar)

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

- Mega-Gardevoir looks like a real problem for this team, can come in easily against Conk, Latias, or P2, and your only switchin to Hyper Voice is Talonfalme who really doesn't take it well. You are also extremely weak to Mega-Diancie who basically beats your entire team singlehandedly. One way to fix this would be to add Jirachi, it also provides you with a SR setter which is pretty important to have on most teams, and can gaive you Wish support too. As for what to replace it with, that's a bit tricky. Maybe Porygon-2 since it seems to be your least useful team member but that's your Talonflame and MMence counter, and these two cause huge problems for your team if you drop P2, so you'll ed to find a way around them if you remove it (Air Baloon Heatran could work okay I guess). You could also replace Conkeldurr for it : Chansey isn't a threat to your team since you have Pursuit Bisharp, you already have P2 for Greninja, and thought it lets you deal with Magnezone, Jirachi is actually able to beat it by PP stalling it assuming it runs Wish+Protect so you can still get around it. Unfortunately, You do end up with a weakness to Bisharp and Weavile by removing Conk, as well as Sand Rush Excadrill to a lesser extent, but that can somewhat be patched up by running HP Fighting on Latias.

- You also have a big weakness to Azumarill. Jirachi helps since it's a check to it but does not enjoy Knock off at all. As mentioned earlier, Ferrothorn can deal with it while also faring okay vs both Bisharp and Weavile. Running Poison Jab on Conkeldurr is a good option, since that enables you to lure not just Azumarill but also Mega-Gardevoir. The best way you can really deal with it overral is just wearing it down as much as you can. If you decide to replace Conkeldurr for Jirachi, you can run Latios with a moveset of Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Hidden Power Fighting/Defog, this enables you to both lure Bisharp and deal some sizable damage to Azumarill and Mega-Gardevoir as they switch in, at the cost of not being able to Roost/Healing Wish.

- Small nitpick but I would consider running 220 Speed with a Timid nature on MAltaria. Reason for this is that it's your main answer to Mega-Heracross, who comes in for free on Bish Conk or P2 and puts you in trouble. Talon checks but CC actually does a huge amount and Rock Blast obviously OHKOs. THose speed EVs enable you to outspeed Jolly MHera therefore checking it a lot better (otherwise Rock Blast 2HKOs you). That being said MHera is very rare in ORAS so maybe it's really not worth it in practice. At the very least I would run 176 Speed with a Timid Nature since that lets you outspeed Jolly Bisharp (you can even move up to 184 for Jolly MTTar)

Hope this helps!
Jirachi sounds great, didn't think of that. Either Ferrothorn or Jirach would fit really well.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!

Hope this helps!
So which on Jirachi the SPDef Wish passer and what moves and evs

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So which on Jirachi the SPDef Wish passer and what moves and evs

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

This set should work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)