The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait til someone else wins the Super Bowl so every discussion will not somehow involve the Giants...
Then i'll just complain about how they lost the whole offseason. The Giants are the most interesting team to us hardcore fans.

EDIT!!! Eagles OT Todd Herremans out for SEASON!!! Their season is OVER! OVER...O-V-E-R!!! You may say i am jumping to conclusions, but no team(NONE) can make a playoff run with 4 backup/terrible OL. The chances of them turning their season around and going deep into the playoffs is officially over. And because of that i really want them to win this next game against Dallas. Even at 4-5 them finishing 8-8 would be a damn miracle so forcing Dallas to 3-6 would seal the NFC East for the Giants even with them playing .500 football from here on out as Dallas would need to win 6 of their last 7. Because really, without an OL a team cannot win consistently.

I can't see how the Eagles win though.. they no longer have home field advantage(with fans directly behind the Eagles bench screaming profanities all game at Reid and the players) and the Cowboys have a way better defense. Now, there is always the crappy Boy coaching we all love.... And Dez Bryant forcing Romo to throw a couple of INTs. So this game comes down the Eagles defense forcing turnovers and the Eagles scoring enough points from them.

Also, i'd like to point out to my friend tehvalkry how the Giants again have proved to have the way better front office. The whole team aside(who is better, with better coaching), the Giants picked up Sean Locklear over the offseason while you made a big deal about Bell. Who is fucking terrible. At least Locklear is average. Eagles front office is overrated, as is their whole team(no more proof needed than them moving up the draft to pick Brandon lol Graham over JPP).

EDIT!!! Eagles OT Todd Herremans out for SEASON!!! Their season is OVER! OVER...O-V-E-R!!!
Their season was over when they lost Monday. Even the best of teams would have trouble turning a 3-5 spot into a playoff berth in the NFC this season. 10 wins *minimum* will get you into the playoffs. Philadelphia would have to get past all but one of the Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bucs, Seahawks, Cardinals, Cowboys and Saints in order to get that 6 seed. There's plenty of time left, sure, but I don't think this team can go 4-4 the second half of the season, much less 7-1.

Tim Tebow's email apparently got hacked. Since I know everyone wants to see it, here it is:

rofl. That email thing was great.
Also, CHAD HENNE taking over for Gabbert and converting a 4th and 11 and getting a TD. strong.

Andrew Luck Rookie of the Year. Well... For now.
A semi-decent game against a one win team is what solidified that for you? If the refs hadn't given him that TD where he got stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey he would have had more turnovers than touchdowns.

A semi-decent game against a one win team is what solidified that for you? If the refs hadn't given him that TD where he got stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey he would have had more turnovers than touchdowns.
lol.. Luck is way better than Griffin. I've been saying it since game two. Only reason why nobody realized is because he isnt in an overrated NFC East team playing on nationally televised games every other weekend, wasn't talked about 24/7 for his running abilities and doesn't pad his completion % with high percentage passes and an amazing running game.

Luck turned a 2-14 team into a legitimate playoff contender and is on pace to break the rookie passing record. No small feat considering how generic he is. I always found it funny how people use completion % to prove who is more accurate than others.. Luck is actually asked to pass and make tough throws on a regular basis.

No gimmicks and is clearly the best rookie QB right now and probably the best rookie QB i've seen in a long time.

It's not my fault Robert Griffin III isn't leading a 6-3 team on his rookie year. Andrew Luck is playing smart and not forcing throws like a typical rookie QB.

Luck has better statistical numbers than Peyton Manning did in his 1998 Rookie season. RGIII is a talented Quarterback but I don't see him having a better long term career than Luck.

It's not my fault Robert Griffin III isn't leading a 6-3 team on his rookie year. Andrew Luck is playing smart and not forcing throws like a typical rookie QB.

Luck has better statistical numbers than Peyton Manning did in his 1998 Rookie season. RGIII is a talented Quarterback but I don't see him having a better long term career than Luck.
This. RGlll will become a crappier passer the longer into his career. Because of how screwed over his body will get and because defenders won't be as scared of his running abilities. Which will lead to more INTs/frustration and then more running. As that one guy said, the problem with QBs that can run is that they run.

A generic QB like Luck will only get better and i'm pretty sure he will be the next Brady(there will never be another Peyton).

EDIT: Because not enough Giants:

Giants (-3.5) BENGALS

Meanwhile, here are the Giants running their "Nobody Believes in Us" playbook to perfection. So many people jumped on the G-Men's bandwagon after their four-game winning streak (including their ass-kicking of San Francisco) that, naturally, Tom Coughlin forced Eli Manning to throw last Sunday's home game against the Steelers.

Can you blame him? If the Giants don't start throwing away victories right now, they're going to win the NFC East by five games and coast into the playoffs as a no. 2-seed. Both Coughlin and Eli know they need to play in Round 1 as a no. 3-seed or a no. 4-seed — with people saying stuff like, "They're only hosting a playoff game because their division sucked" and "Eli just isn't the same guy anymore" —which is why Eli submitted the single worst fantasy performance in the history of mankind last week (5.25 points????????????) and the Giants are definitely losing two to three more times (remaining sked: bye week, Green Bay, at Washington, New Orleans, at Atlanta, at Baltimore, Philly) so they can slide comfortably into that no. 4-seed, then host the Packers in Round 1 as everyone discounts their chances, followed by that Round 2 trip to Atlanta that you know they're dying to make. The Giants figured out the ebbs and flows of a five-month season better than any perennial contender in recent memory. It pisses me off.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8611122/picking-mike-brown

At least they remain competitive in all their games this year unlike in 2011 where they were getting blown out left and right. Also, one of the funniest quotes from Eli was when he was asked how come the Giants let a 9-0 lead in the SB turn into 17-9 and he said that he told Coughlin the game was getting too easy and they needed to make it interesting with a 4th quater comeback.

What does RG3 have to do with anything? I was just laughing at the fact that you posted what you did after a down game for Luck and not after his amazing game he had the week before.

Also, some hero, please don't expect me to ever care about or respond to anything you think.

What does RG3 have to do with anything? I was just laughing at the fact that you posted what you did after a down game for Luck and not after his amazing game he had the week before.

Also, some hero, please don't expect me to ever care about or respond to anything you think.
RGIII is a rookie Quarterback last time I checked. He is still relevant in a rookie conversation because again he's a rookie competing against other rookies for player of the year (Brandon Weeden, Ryan Tannenhill, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III). I have to type the word "rookie" five times to make that clear for you.

Thank you for the laugh. My goal is to make one person sarcastically laugh
everyday. The main reason I posted what I did was because it's impressive how he's leading a 6-3 team to the playoffs and I was one of the many people who believed Andrew Luck was going to turn out to be a below average QB in the league. I would've posted my previous statement last week but I was still mad about the Dolphins losing to them at home so I refused to compliment Mr. Luck.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Except this last one, hehe. No offense but the score being as close as it was is incredibly misleading to how the game was actually played.
This sounds like a theme for the Steelers' season so far. The score was close, but they totally dominated. Then again I'm basing this "theme" on merely two games, the Giants game and that Bengals game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)