The Dancing Dragons-OU RMT

===============
Team at A Glance
===============

===============

Intro: Hi Smogon.Well you don't have to read this if you don't want so you can just skip on to the In-Depth Look. Well I wanted a team based around DDMence where Steel/Water types were of no problem, so after awhile I came up with this Team and after about 2 days of battling it's done extremely well though could still do better so here we are. I’m still noobish when it comes to battling so if there are any obvious flaws feel free to pound me with them.

I really wanted this team to sport the Levitating Dragon/Steel combo and also have all the other pokes of the team complementing each other’s Weakness’s and Counters. It also was going to be a more of a Fast, powerful Offensive Team.

So without further ado here’s the In-Depth look at the team:

===============
The Lead
===============

Aerodactyl (M) @Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt

A pretty Standard AeroSuicideLead, but effective plenty of times this guy has stopped other Leads from setting up SR then does so himself. Stone Edge and EQ are pretty Standard Moves for Aero, hitting quite hard most the time (if he's around long enough to Attack), Stealth is must for most Leads while Taunt usually stops all Leads from Setting up SR. Max Speed is Self-Explanatory, letting him out speed all Leads in today’s Metagame and Taunt them. Although Aero as a Lead may seem like a dumb choice with Metagross/Jirachi ect around but this Aero is very sneaky at stopping Leads and setting up SR itself and it may surprise you.

How he handles today’s common Leads:

: I Rock Slide first Turn and hope i get lucky.

: Taunt it the Set-Up Rocks then switch to Latias or Magnezone.

: Taunt it then go from there.

: These things can be tricky, especially if they Fake Out first Turn, if they don't I Taunt it then go from there.

: Switch to Magnezone.

: Never seen one Lead before but guess I’ll just Set-Up Rocks 1st Turn.

: Tricky little things, guess I just switch to Scizor and go from there.

: Same as Jirachi.

: Good thing these aren't common, guess I’ll just Rock Slide 1st Turn just in case they Taunt.

: I out speed and Taunt.

: Taunt it, Set-Up Rocks then switch to Magnezone and kill with HP-Grass when Aero gets killed.

===============
The Scout and Revenge Killer
===============

Scizor (M) @Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

This thing is amazing, firing its powerful U-Turn around the place, luring out anybody weak enough for Gengar or Latias to kill and even these Steel Types I love to see. Without Scizor I dunno where this Team would be, U-Turn for powerful Scouting allowing me to switch to the appropriate Poke and is great and just throwing Pokes into Mences Outrage KO range, Bullet Punch for Revenge Killing and with Scizor is the most powerful Priority move in the game allowing Scizor to destroy any Poke who doesn't resist it. Superpower for Bliss and some Steel Types witch cause Mence trouble and Pursuit (which I rarely use) for trapping. This Scizor is great at crippling almost anything for Mence and anybody else on the team to Out speed and KO whitch has countless times allowed me to switch in Mence or Magnezone for a free Sub/DDSet-Up.

Synergy:
Fire---> Latias, Salamence

===============
The Scarfed Revenge Killer
===============

Latias (F) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Trick

The fast and powerful Female of the team, being able to outpace DD users such as Salamence and Gyarados has been very useful and her 140 Base Power STAB resisted only by one type makes her the perfect Revenge Killer. This gal usually switches in on an opponent that’s been hit by Scizor's U-Turn and loves to take advantage with her beautiful Speed and monstrous STAB. Latias serves as a check to any fast yet possible Frail Pokes who could but an end to Mence's little Dance and usually forces allot of switches so the SR and Draco Meteor damage soon racks up. Draco Meteor is the powerful STAB and sig move of the Set letting Latias hit anything not part Steel or named Blissey hard. Thunderbolt and Surf are accompanying moves that provides perfect neutral coverage, Thunderbolt hits Water Types not named Swampert and espically Gyarados, while Surf kills off any Heatran foolish enough to stay in. Trick (witch im considering swapping for Psychic reason why below) cripples and Walls attempting to Wall her and lets her freely use her moves. This Latias allso loves luring Pursuit from Choiced Users for Mence to have a Field day with. I’m thinking of possibly giving her Psychic over Trick (since I hardly use Trick) to deal with Machamps and Brelooms not hiding behind a Sub plus it’s a more constant STAB move, any thoughts?

Synergy:
Dragon---> Scizor, Magnezone
Ice---> Scizor, Magnezone
Dark---> Scizor, Magnezone
Ghost---> Scizor, Magnezone
Bug---> Salamence, Gengar, Scizor Magnezone

===============
The luring & Revenge Killing Ghost
===============

Gengar (M) @Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Pain Split
-Subsitute

This guy's main job is a switch into Ground and Fighting Type Moves along with being a Steel Lurer so i can (hopefully) switch in Magnezone safely. This guy pairs perfectly with Magnezone, Luring Steel Types such as CBScizor and CBMetagross with Bullet Punch, in order to lure out the Bullet Punch and Survive (if i used Subsitiute before hand) with Sub then Trap and Kill with Magnezone. Shadow Ball is mandatory STAB to pound away at most things coupled with Focus Blast has perfect Netural Coverage. Focus Blast also kills Steel Types along with TTar who can pose a threat to this team, Pain Split help heal Gengar up and also makes it possible to beat Blissey. Then Subsitute is used on a Poke Gengar'll force out then i use it to Scout the next used move. Gengar, like Latias loves luring out Choiced Pursuit Users for Salamence to have a Field day with, and does a brilliant job at crippling Pokes when Scizor's U-Turn and SR damage racks up.

Synergy:
Psychic---> Latias, Scizor, Magnezone
Dark---> Scizor, Magnezone
Ghost---> Scizor, Magnezone

===============
The Steel & Water Killer
===============

Magnezone (M) @Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP/252 SAtk/216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Substitute
-Magnet Rise

A key player to the team, this guy serves as the big o’l Water and Steel killer of the team. Max SAtk and 95 Base Power STAB move makes this guy something to watch out for. Thunderbolt serves as the mandatory STAB move witch nabs allot of 2HKOs on many Steel Types witch bother Salamence’s final Outrage Sweep. Hp [Grass] ensures that any Swampert or Ground Type will perish before my Magnezone, also Bulky Waters also cause this Team some problems (most notably Swampert) and Max SAtk and HP [Grass] always OHKOs. Substitute allows for Protection and a free turn to Attack most times then Magnet Rise is very needed to kill Steel Types with Earthquake and live to tell the tale. Magnezone’s Modest because Neutral Spd Natured and 216 Spd EVs hits 210 Spd allowing Magnezone to out speed AgliGross before a Boost and Set-Up a Magnet Rise then 2HKO with T-Bolt, also the Modest Nature ensures that almost nothing can stand in his way behind a Sub. Quite frequently has this guy won me a battle hiding behind a Sub almost single handily, and the ensured Bulky Water and Steel Massacre doesn’t hurt either

Synergy:
Fire---> Latias, Salamence
Ground---> Salamence, Latias, Gengar
Fighting---> Gengar, Salamence, Latias

===============
The Big scary Dancing Dragon
===============

===============

Salamence (M) @Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Dance

Ahh the bread and butter of the Team, you’ve heard me talk about this guy enough so now it’s time for an In-Depth look at him. Max Atk and Neutral Natured Spd after a Dragon Dance (and sometimes even before) is nothing to laugh at, I really wanted to make the best of Salamence’s Monstrous Attack Stat and naturally powerful Physical moves in its arsenal, so Naughty Nature was chosen over Naive. Outrage is obviously the main move of the Set, with a nasty STAB Boost and naturally high Attack, it pretty much OHKOs almost everything in the game after a Dragon Dance. Earthquake is to kill any Grounded Steel Types that survived (most notably Heatran and Lucario) along with anything else Grounded if i don’t feel like risking Outrage yet. Fire Blast is for any Steel Types with Shed Shell that might try and Wall Outrage. Then of cause there’s Dragon Dance, the bread and butter of this Set witch truly makes Mence unstoppable, hitting 607 Attack and 448 Speed is not something allot can boast about beating and surviving. The EVs are Self-Explanatory, after a Dragon Dance this Out speeds every Non-Boosted Poke in the Game and smacking them for a massive amount of damage really not much needs to be said here.

Synergy:
Dragon---> Scizor, Magnezone
Ice---> Scizor, Magnezone
Rock---> Magnezone

Conclusion: Well all-in-all this team’s done extremely well for me, of cause it can do better which is why I came here, I’m willing to try out almost all ideas, I’m a bit reluctant to swapping out any Pokes but if a good enough reason is given then I’ll give it a test. Quite frequently this team has been able to Sweep without the aid of Salamence, though allot of the time I do have to use Mence and if SR is up then Mence’s chances of Sweeping aren’t as high as I’d like so any ideas there?

Well that’s it from this Team so bye all!

Hello.

Overall, I really like the premise of this team, considering you utilize an old but effective strategy while covering most threats quite well. I don't really see a need to replace any of your Pokemon, which is good, but I do think you could do better with some moveset changes to better suit the metagame.

The biggest problem I see if Scarf Tyranitar. Although Scizor does cover it quite well, ScarfTar can easily eliminate some key members of your team, namely Gengar and Latias. There's not really much you can do on Latias, since I feel that you're better off with the Choice Scarf set to check certain threats, but for Gengar, I'd like to recommend the Substitute + Pain Split set found in the analysis. Substitute still allows Gengar to lure out Scizor without taking any damage (you can switch out while Pursuit breaks the Substitute) and it also allows you to hit Tyranitar with Focus Blast while behind it. Gengar also helps you break stall more easily, since Blissey can give you problems otherwise.

I don't really have much else to comment on for your team, aside from some very minor, optional changes. I could see Explosion working over Magnet Rise to dispose of Latias and other defensive threats easier, but I think Magnet Rise ends up being more useful for your team in the end. Fire Blast could also prove useful against Skarmory and Forretress, since you can't trap the Shed Shell variants with Magnezone.

Anyways, that is really all I have to say for now. I'll update this post if I think of anything else. Good luck with your team!

I'm loving the look of that new Gengar i'll definatally try it thanks. :) As for Fire Blast on Salamence, I'm abit reluctant to giving him any Special Moves since I feel it disrupts his Phiscal flow but I'll give it a go.

Well, keep the EV's you have on Salamence, but replace Stone Edge with Fire Blast. Outrage with STAB does 180 damage, only 20 less than a x2 Stone Edge. So it would really help you handle steels if you chose Fire Blast. Fire Blast is only needed for Scizor, Foretress, Skarmory and other steels like it, so Life Orb without SpA EVs should do enough damage, so you don't need to compramise Attack.

As for your team as a whole, I don't see how you plan to survive those longer battles. After all, two of your pokemon are Life Orb'd, and 2 of them are choiced, your lead is a suicide one which leaves only Magnezone with leftovers (which, if trapped by a ScarfZone with HP Fire, could leave you pretty much screwed) I would go with Leftovers on Gengar at least, to keep him well and fit for sweeping whenever you should need his speed. Or you could consider Wish support with Latias to patch up your team when needed.

Once Scizor is down, a Mamoswine would have a good day wiping out your team >.<

I'm not really seeing the point in Leftis on Gengar, though Wish Latias i'll definatally try.
How do you think i could deal with Mamoswine then?

Salamence has now been given Fire Blast over STone Edge and Gengar is now the Sub+Pain Split Set.

Of course he'll have trouble with a pokemon if its counter is dead, but I dont think Mamoswine's too much of a problem, gengar can take even a CB Ice Shard and OHKO it with Focus blast, Latias can similarly take the ice shard and draco meteor it for the ko, even Salamence's intimidate can help you play around it.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pretty awesome team just a quick question, Have you tried the MYSTIC gengar set which still lets you scout while remaining offensive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)