The Crime at Christmas Time - A warstory

dang bologo. I think just relived this whole battle. We both made some huge mistakes in this battle. For one I panicked and switch to a flygon with no pp left for stone edge. I believe I made about 4 mistakes in a row at that point. I just remember feeling like I had been kicked in the balls after this match. Great match and a great read. I'm impressed that you made the whole match as interesting as you did to a lot of other people. We still need to rematch in the future.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Really excellent warstory and very enjoyable read. The battle itself was a little average, but the indepth comments really make it a great read. I look forward to your next one!
Heh, thank you. I certainly hope I can get a battle as awesome as this one to warstory. I'm always up for trying new things, so maybe for my next warstory I'll pull out a different experimental format.

dang bologo. I think just relived this whole battle. We both made some huge mistakes in this battle. For one I panicked and switch to a flygon with no pp left for stone edge. I believe I made about 4 mistakes in a row at that point. I just remember feeling like I had been kicked in the balls after this match. Great match and a great read. I'm impressed that you made the whole match as interesting as you did to a lot of other people. We still need to rematch in the future.
I'm glad you posted quinnydinny. Thanks for the compliment and I'm glad that this warstory helped you to relive the battle! If you were making mistakes, I certainly didn't notice, because you kept your cool very well for that battle given the circumstances of it. I seriously thought you were going to win at first, but since it was a tournament I thought I might as well keep going as long as it takes. I was thinking of just forfeiting when it was nearing 4:15 AM, but I had already come too far to just give up. We certainly do need to rematch sometime, heh I'm always up for a little fun. :]

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here i come, to save the day! ! !

Congrats. I've watched your battles for a while, and usually you're the one i test teams on, and i have to say you're one of my favorite battlers in the game. (even though i recall having a slight one-up on you with our dueling
record!)

I really like the Warstory, simply because it incorporates a lot of things you've always done--the personalized turn-by-turn breakdown, showcasing oddballs in OU, and what i want to focus on, the 'teaching lessons through battling'. I think you really hit it home with this one, as it wasn't flat out said like with your others, but the pointers were still there, sort of putting the finishing touches on your style.

The commentary, the style, the theme, and the win itself, are all great. Good job, Bo.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wow, just wow. Simply the best warstory I have ever read, period. My only small gripe with this is that you made a few stupid moves, but hey, thats what made the battle close and so enjoyable to read. Well done. 5 stars.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here i come, to save the day! ! !

Congrats. I've watched your battles for a while, and usually you're the one i test teams on, and i have to say you're one of my favorite battlers in the game. (even though i recall having a slight one-up on you with our dueling
record!)

I really like the Warstory, simply because it incorporates a lot of things you've always done--the personalized turn-by-turn breakdown, showcasing oddballs in OU, and what i want to focus on, the 'teaching lessons through battling'. I think you really hit it home with this one, as it wasn't flat out said like with your others, but the pointers were still there, sort of putting the finishing touches on your style.

The commentary, the style, the theme, and the win itself, are all great. Good job, Bo.
Yay I'm glad you decided to post in the thread! :D Heh, we'll tie up our record someday, just watch. Thanks for all the compliments man. Haha I didn't realize that it implemented all the stuff from from my previous warstories in little pieces, but now that I think about it, it just makes the story sounds all that much cooler. Thanks again for taking the effort to watch that entire battle, it made a world of difference! :]

Wow, just wow. Simply the best warstory I have ever read, period. My only small gripe with this is that you made a few stupid moves, but hey, thats what made the battle close and so enjoyable to read. Well done. 5 stars.
Thanks very much, heh you're right I did make lots of mistakes, but those mistakes helped me learn a whole lot of stuff about my prediction skills, and it's also what led me to becoming a tutor. Thanks for the compliments! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)