The Concert Thread

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
off of memory these are all the shows I have been to:

broken social scene x 3
interpol x2
modest mouse x2
the national x2
metric x2
tokyo police club x2
r.e.m.
smashing pumpkins
bjork
foo fighters
arctic monkeys
k-os
mia
lights
holy fuck
bloc party
pavement
band of horses
against me!
arcade fire (tomorrow!)
rush
roger waters
backstreet boys

i think that's all of them. the only ones i really need to see before i die are radiohead and built to spill. then i can die happy.

saw grand funk railroad tonight, and they put on a crazy set. Unfortunately I think busch gardens boned them on time, and they only got to play for 80 minutes, when I was hoping for at least 120. Still, it was one of the best shows I've seen, especially Inside Looking Out.

I'm mostly an Alterntive Rock/Nü-Metal fan (not getting enough love!). Though it pales in comparison to some of you, I've seen the following in concert:
Rise Against
Chevelle (x2)
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Breaking Benjamin
Three Days Grace
Shinedown
Puddle of Mudd
Sevendust
Anberlin
Panic! At the Disco
Cage the Elephant
Metric
Sick Puppies
Nickelback
Seether
Saving Abel

All in all, they've all rocked. Especially one last winter in Tampa that was pretty much an all-day music festival.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
echoing dubulous' sentiments... Arcade Fire put on a show for the ages. Setlist was pretty similar:

Arcade Fire - Olympic Island
August 14, 2010

1) Ready to Start
2) Month of May
3) Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)
4) No Cars Go
5) Haiti
6) Modern Man
7) Rococo
8) The Suburbs
9) The Suburbs (Cont.)
10) Intervention
11) Crown of Love
12) Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)
13) Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
14) We Used to Wait
15) Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
16) Rebellion (Lies)

Encore:
17) Keep the Car Running
18) Wake Up

If this had Suburban War > Month of May it would have literally been perfect. Anyways, so many magical moments at this show it was just surreal.

First, Power out had a nice little 2 minute extension added on to the end and it transitioned rather emphatically into Rebellion (Lies) and the crowd was going nuts. The lights at this point were wonderful.

Then, at the end of Rebellion, the entire island of people was humming the last violin line in the song after the song was over until the band got back to the stage. It was pitch black outside and it was like a cult... literally 90% of the people were humming that violin line incredibly audibly and it was just surreal. This lasted about 3-4 minutes until they retook the stage, and it was a moment of unity between the human race that I will never forget.

And then as Dubs mentioned... the finale of Wake Up was just an experience to remember. Everyone basically screamed every line at the top of their lungs along with Win, and he was clearly touched by it. The energy, the passion, it was like nothing I had ever seen.

At the end of the show, they threw 2 tambourines and 3 mics into the crowd and thanked Toronto for being the first ever city to line up to see the band back when they were not very well known, to which the audience exploded with cheers.

In the lineup to ride the ferry boat back to the mainland, we had to wait literally 2 hours in a small queue enclosed by a caged fence at like 1am... eventually some random guy just shouted "THIS LINEUP'S IN A CAGE THAT KEEPS US FROM GETTING ON THE FERRY BOAT!" and it was probably the hardest I have laughed in weeks.

All in all great show with a great band and easily the best crowd I have ever experienced. This is the concert I am telling my kids about.

In October I'm going to try and see Say Anything with MCS in Denver on the 23rd, and on the 2nd I'm seeing We Came As Romans (Kinda generic metalcore, guilty pleasure sorta thing) and then on the 28th or 26th I'm going to try and see Enter Shikari.

:I

The last show i went to was John Mayer. Saw him on the 14th. That guy can play guitar! Probably the coolest show i've been to, however, is the Crossroads Guitar Festival. 12 hours of blues guitar gods, i was temporarily in heaven.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
Recently I went to see Motion City Soundtrack, They had a few bands playing with them that I didn't care for much but Motion was amazing. Best concert I have been to. And btw MY favorite accident best song of the night ;)

I saw My Morning Jacket last night in Chicago at the Charter One Pavilion. My friend and I got there about an hour before the doors opened, and there were only like ten people waiting wtf??

Anyway, they are a fantastic live act, Jim James is a joyful monster on stage, all grinning and rocking the fuck out. I can't remember the whole set list, they played for like 2.5 hours. We were right up against the rails, it was excellent. Seriously why is MMJ not being played on all the rock stations?

As an added bonus, the unannounced opening act was Califone. I was very excited. IN conclusion, if you ever have the chance to see My Morning Jacket perform, you should.

@Little Loven: Damn, I love MCS, I wish they'd come to Calgary but nooo, and there's no way I'm making it to Denver ahahaha.

So I didn't see that one metalcore band cause I'm short on cash and kinda sick, but that doesn't bother me much. I don't know if I'll make it to Enter Shikari either.

I might see Structures in like 3 days but... yeah Idunno, my plans seem to be exploding.

But but but, I am going to Coheed and Cambria with FANG FUCKING ISLAND on the 21st, which should be great.

The most recent concert I've been to was a concert that I played. I'm hoping I can go to Utah to see Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax (they aren't coming to Oregon T_T).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)