The Broom

This is my first time doing something like this, and my first truly competitive team. I'm still hard at work on fixing it up, and all suggestions are welcomed.

At a glance:

SUXIE (Uxie) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/104 Def/152 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

This guy is a beast of a lead. Many people think that it is a slow set-up variant and as such try to Taunt it with their suicide lead. They promptly get a Choice Scarf handed to them, my Uxie has a Focus Sash, they don't get rocks up, and I can U-Turn to see what Pokemon I need to counter. He also wrecks Machamp leads by surviving multiple Paybacks with his immense bulk, giving them a useless Choice Scarf, then U-Turning whatever they bring out or the Machamp and acting appropriately. People that leave in Machamp promptly get set up on by Lucario for free. Later in the game, he can throw up rocks and status things when appropriate.

---

derp (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Bounce

Here we are, one of the team's biggest focuses. This monster has immense bulk that comes with him that allows him to set up on virtually any Pokemon not carrying an electric attack, and even then he takes non-STAB Thunderpunches with some life to spare. He will almost always get a Dragon Dance off, which makes him a dangerous threat which OHKOs a multitude of things. If I can get off a +2 boost, which actually happens often due to how immense his bulk is, the match almost might as well be over as he tears through the opposing team like ribbons. Also, he counters Scizor very nicely, cutting his attack, resisting Bullet Punch, and taking a relatively low amount of damage from U-Turn. His last slot was hard to decide, but I settled with Bounce. It hits harder neutrally than Waterfall does and beats out those pesky Grass types as well as gives me a chance to knock out bulky Starmies. If I happen to run into a bulky Starmie I'm sure I can't kill or a Magnezone, I know exactly what move I'll make...

---

Crankenstein (Electivire) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Earthquake

...throw this guy in. This guy's not that great... unless I use him to block an electric attack headed for Gyarados. At that point in time, he becomes an extremely potent sweeper which can knock out entire teams with his excellent speed (after a Motor Drive boost), power, and type coverage. Low Kick is my preferred option for accuracy, as most things I pack it for are heavyweights anyways and it still takes out Bliss quick and easy. Life Orb is used as he can't really take a non-Electric/resisted hit anyways. CS Flygon was tested, however he has far too much predictability and too many weak points to be worth using. He lacks the power to really revenge kill anything and his job as a Scout can be done by Uxie if he retains his Choice Scarf. Electivire is just too good when he gets his ability off to drop.

---

Fureak (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

Everyone knows this Lucario. The ultimate in wall-breaking and physical sweeping. He fits into the team nicely, with his 4x resistance to Stealth Rock, U-Turn, and Dark type attacks. He's easy to get an opportunity to set up, and can OHKO Scizor even without a boost. Definitely one of my MVPs.

---

MetaBOSS (Metagross) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Explosion

This guy covers all of my weak points. Whether it be DD Gyarados, Lucario, Choice Scarf Tyranitar, whatever... he takes it out no problem. Speed is maxed to outspeed everything I need to, only failing to outspeed base 130s with a positive nature or the rare Jolly Gyarados, though I'm still capable of revenge killing one that isn't carrying Earthquake. I may just opt for Ice Punch over Explosion so I can revenge kill Dragonite with him intact, but at the moment I do not see it worth losing his ability to revenge kill Kingdra. Originally I went with CS Tyranitar as per the suggestions in this thread, but he has multiple weak points including a VERY common 4x weakness and a moveset that often causes him to switch out. His Pursuit and Crunch weren't powerful enough to deal with what they needed to at times, either. So I'll just go with this for now, as it's tested quite awesome.

---

Sun Chips (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

This is my curve ball. He takes out the Ghost-Type trash and on occasion other theats or even sweeps in late-game. His lack of Hidden Power Fire makes him always outrun enemy Gengars without fail and OHKO them. Thunderbolt takes out Gyarados before his DD, who normally thinks that Gengar is not a threat. Hasty nature to ensure that his Speed is maxed out without hurting Explosion's potential at taking out bulky threats in a single blow. He also has the utility of absorbing Explosions and Rapid Spins as well as the somewhat useful immunity to poison.

You might want to try a scarf flygon over electivire, esp since you dont seem to really like him. keeps immunity to electric moves.
Your team is really weak to setup sweepers, ie agiligross with T-punch sweeps you clean as does offensive DD gyara if uxie is damaged, (dont count on a lead to do much late-game). flygon will help you revenge those to keep you from getting raped.

I second the above opinion of ScarfGon. Infernape, too, can really destroy a team if it carries Stone Edge, Overheat, Close Combat and whatever else. Otherwise, looks like a pretty solid team, well done!

You might want to try a scarf flygon over electivire, esp since you dont seem to really like him. keeps immunity to electric moves.
Your team is really weak to setup sweepers, ie agiligross with T-punch sweeps you clean as does offensive DD gyara if uxie is damaged, (dont count on a lead to do much late-game). flygon will help you revenge those to keep you from getting raped.
Scarf Flygon may be a good idea, Electivire becomes amazing after a Motor Drive boost but he's not so useful unless I've thunder waved the faster Pokemon on their team otherwise. Uxie usually stays relatively healthy, as he gets out of there with a U-Turn ASAP, but I can't always rely on him. I'll test it and see how it goes.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your team struggles quite a bit with Rotom A. Sure Bliss can sponge special attacks bit it hates trick. However Rotom is very threatening to you since a Shadow Ball thratens your team. Nor can Lucario set up as Rotom still outspeeds and can KO with Overheat if needed. I really don't like Blissey on this team since its primarily an offensive team and BLissey slows your teams momentum down a bit. Also its set up fodder for a number of threats. Scarf Flygon over Electivire helps fix this but I really don't see the need for Blissey on this team. Personally I would run a Scarf or CB Tyranitar which checks ghosts like Rotom and Gengar which thraten your team. Also Scarf Tar eliminates Scarf Rotom which is a large counter to both DD Gyarados and SD Lucario. Tyraiar can also trap and kill Gengar which also stops Lucario sweeping. This is also useful as Sub Split Gengar is extremly threatening if it gets a sub up on your team.

tl;dr
Choiced Tyranitar over Blissey
Scarf Flygon over Electivire

Blissey isn't offense oriented, but I kept finding a need for a special sponge much like how Gyarados sponges physical hits right now that also allowed me to hinder my opponent's team and stop sweeps by Thunder Waving key threats and Wish healing weakened sweepers from Life Orb/Stealth Rock damage. I'd hate to run 3 different Choiced members, especially with TTar who might as well give the opponent a certificate of victory if they have a Lucario on their team and I've just used Pursuit or Crunch. I'll try some varied bulky TTar sets and see how that works out. I guess I could still have a chance if Gengar's alive by the time Lucario comes to take the opportunity to sweep.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fair enough however I feel that Lucario is just about covered by Gyarados and Gengar. Also note that LUcario is setting up on Blissey as it is anyway since you will switch out Blissey on it. I also understand that 3 choice items are frustrating however i felt that since you state that you trick with Uxie eary game, I felt that running a choiced T-tar would not be too detrimental to your team. If you do find that the Choiced versions are not effective on your team then I guess a bait Tar could work. Understand that its a leser option as the Choiced Tar's are slightly more effective.

Hm, after a bit of testing I am leaning towards Choice Scarf TTar and keeping Electivire. Electivire sweeps after a Motor Drive boost are something to be feared, and your opponent has to guess whether he's physical or special based. Flygon just doesn't have the power to be a revenge killer, honestly. His only use is as a Scout and that's a very predictable way to play him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)