Denied The Best Of Ban Appeals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
Hello!

Obviously, we have a lot of amazing and terrible, wonderful and hilarious ban appeals ranging from the angry to the apathetic. I've gone through the graveyard of the PS forums and the Smogon subforum and I've been pulling out some hilarious ban appeals.

I would like to make a compilation of the best ones. I believe the names should be censored, but am open to the possibility of them not being censored.

Thank you!

Ok, but I think stuff like this shouldn't be glorified. If they're relatively clean you can give it a shot. Could you post a few of the appeals here?

scene

Banned deucer.
yeah, if it'd be possible to neither glorify nor mock the appeals? pretty tricky task but i'd welcome a sample writeup on one to judge. approved anyway but do pass a sample first :)

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
Seeing as some issues caused me to cancel my LOA I'd like to return to this. It will maybe provide brief commentary but the humor will come from the appeals generally.

Hey SteelEdges, you still have any interest in writing this?

EDIT: I just realized it would be nice to incorporate the best of room suggestions too, there is a thread in firebot for this already though.

Last edited:
Spydreigon, I made a suggestion similar to this one, but the problem remains, "is there anyone in the PS audience who would care about this kinda stuff?"

I mean, if there's a different spin to this article than the one I was proposing, then so be it, but as it stands, that concern needs to be addressed before we can really go any further with the article idea.

"is there anyone in the PS audience who would care about this kinda stuff?"
shaymin, if we stay focused purely on the satrical aspect of discipline appeals/room suggestions, I'm sure a lot of people will find it funny, seeing what users put up everyday and what PS staff have to deal with. The informative bits about how to make a discipline appeal is what the users really wouldn't care about, but if we stuck to the specific funny examples like the ones SteelEdges noted above, I think it could be a great success, by listing the best ones, and explaining them below with humor. SteelEdges is a pretty good satire writer as evident from his last few pieces, so I'd say to let him have a go with it and see where it ends up.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Steeledges writing this. Any global staff member with a good sense of humour is free to take this up if they wish, that is, if Steeledges doesn't have the time nor interest in writing this anymore.

I'm just going to lock this due to lack of responses. Anyone that's interested in snatching this up, feel free to PM any of The Player staff, and we'll take it off the Article Ideas list! In the meantime, it shall remain there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)