The Battle Network [peak: 1602]

Wait, this is the wrong game, isn't it?
Nah, not going to have the trouble of changing it, it's time to make a themed team!

Metalman.exe (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SDef
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Here it goes, the Pokémon that made me make this team themed. Mega-Scizor is such an underrated defensive threat in the metagame. Defensive being the key word. 70/140/100 bulk isn't to be underlooked, especially when having reliable recovery and key access to defog.
Less about the pokémon, more about the set. I decided to capitalize on the bulk instead, having all of its EVs to have equal defenses, 322 in each defense is nothing to scoof at; while it started as a bulky SD sweeper, I found the role unnecessary on the team, so it went to the bulky pivot role instead. Defog is here even when the team isn't THAT weak to hazards - but having no answer to hazard-stackers would be a trouble. U-Turn works wonders as a slow-turn mechanism to put my sweepers onto the field. Light Metal is there for the extremely rare occasions I have to switch in a Low Kick / Grass Knot before mega-evolving. Granted, it never happened, but it still has more use than Technician or Swarm since I always mega-evolve as soon as I can.

--->

Heatman.exe (Heatran) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Heatman, I mean, Heatran, joined the team with a sole reason when it was first crafted: check the former Fire/Flying threats named Charizard-Y and Talonflame. Needless to say, his role changed a lot since it came to the team. It became a vital piece of the team, even with this weird set at first glance. Assault Vest made it more of a special sponge than anything, being able to tank even stray Earth Powers without STAB (not that it should stay, obviously, but it says for the special tankiness). The first three moves are staple, considering that I have Assault Vest. Quiet nature works because it isn't outspeeding anything of notice without efforts anyway, and the odd move choice is justified by those calcs.

4 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 324-384 (108.7 - 128.8%)
4 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 352-416 (97.7 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

And this is to say that almost no Talon runs max HP anymore, which means I OHKO those 80% of the time (while I'm missing in the other 20% - costly, but worth it). I used to run Modest with Ancient Power before, but it doesn't make the cut against Char-Y (12.5% chance of OHKO is much lower than 80%)

--->

Mistman.exe (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast / Rock Polish
- Sludge Wave

Behold, my fans, this is the MVP of the team (as long as there isn't a threat faster than it that can OHKO, I pretty much say GG - and it happens more often than expected). Life Orb + Sheer Force means it hits like a truck, and has excellent coverage. I still miss having Rock Polish over Sludge Wave, but the ability to take on opposing faeries while taking few in return (it tanks Azumarill's Aqua Jet, Sylveon's Hyper Voice and Clefable's Moonblast without missing a beat) and reliably 2HKO all of those (OHKO Azumarill most of the time). And that one time that I took Focus Miss out for it, random Porygon2, Chansey/Blissey and AV Tyranitar started popping. I'm still open in that moveslot, since Rock Polishing in a switch makes most of its would-be counters into dust.

--->

Roll.exe (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SAtk / 156 SDef
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Baton Pass

I don't know why the hell did I take so long to find this pokémon to my team. It started as a Togekiss, then it became Amoonguss, Celebi, and then finally Mew. It has two simple roles in the team: check Mega-Venusaur and Keldeo; and create a win condition by passing a Nasty Plot onto either Heatman or Mistman (depending on team matchup). I tend to pass it to Mistman, because nothing in the game can handle +2/+2 Landorus-I and I can say GG unless the opposing team has two strong priorities or something. However, it can handle some good threats. EVs are custom-made to OHKO 252/6 Mega-Venusaur after a NP, while retaining the most of special bulk. It's no slouch at the physical bulk department, being able to tank a Knock Off from the most commonly seen mons (bar Bisharp, for obvious reasons) and retaliate (or run away, which it does the most)

--->

Gutsman.exe (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Another Assault Vest user? Sure, why not? Conkeldurr is the only physical assaulter in the team, but it works most of the time. EVs give him more overall bulk than the usual 6 Def / 252 SDef (it takes around 3% more damage on special side, but 10% less on physical), and the moves are the same as in default set. Guts is prefered over Iron Fist, because even in higher levels of play, it still ends up being burned, toxiced or paralyzed anyway, so at least it becomes a sloppy status absorber.

--->

Serenade (Sylveon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Ah, Serenade, the #1 ranked netnavi from Undernet... It's a shame his counterpart ended up being somewhat of a weak link on the team... Well, I wanted to try it since Pokébank was released, but had postponed it until I saw [URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ut-ace-attorney-theme-peak-1724.3504805/]this RMT[/URL] featuring Specs Sylveon. In fact, it didn't disappoint me at first, and while it can punch holes in the opposing team, it usually ends up as fodder due to not having enough bulk and/or speed to break the opposition. Still, when it does its job, it's enough to turn the match against the opponent. The 12 speed EVs enable me to outspeed uninvested Tyranitar and creep other base 60's like Clefable, Porygon-2 and opposing Sylveon.

(threat list to be edited soon)

I already told you this in real life... But a boosted mega pinsir walks over your team. Not Even scizor will tank it.

I say you should give heatran an air baloon to at least avoid the earthquake. But still, you need the famous flying check. Thundurus-I in place of Landorus can do the job, and you can even keep the nickname lol. Also, Thundurus has nasty plot, so you wouldn't depend on baton pass. more than that, your team is overally slow, so the prankster thunder wave can be a blessing.

Now, IF you use thundurus, mew wouldn't be so useful. As you need a Venusaur counter, a specs gothitelle does the job, and you know that, I used it today ^^.

Think about my suggestions.

In my opinion you should remove landorus or heatran because you have much water weakness, I recommend you to add a water type to your team and it's very good to protect your scizor too.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Last edited:
252 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Charizard: 300-356 (100.6 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 356-420 (119.4 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
nuff said.

252 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Charizard: 300-356 (100.6 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 356-420 (119.4 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
nuff said.
252+ SpA Heatran Ancient Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 256-304 (85.9 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

LOL, you're using non-mega zard dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)