The Art of Soy...

Yeah... so, personally, I don't think that my drawings are all that great, but a lot of people beg to differ.

So, I've never posted any Pokemon art here, so why not? I use a mechanical pencil for precise lines, Sakura Micron pens for inking, and Prismacolor and Copic sketch markers, and Prismacolor colored pencils for most of my stuff. Yeah... having a shitty scanner doesn't help with showing off the quality of the pictures >_<

Don't really have much Pokemon stuff that's recent. Lately, I've been working on developing anthropomorphic Pokemon, so you'll see a lot of that.

Rough Sketch with Quick Coloring: Antrho Dusknoir (CONCEPT)
> Something I did on a Sunday night since my internet was down. This drawing, and a Weavile one, started the whole idea to make a fantasy setting where anthropomorphic Pokemon lived. No references were used.

Based on a character class from Ragnorak Online: Espeon Mage
> Still not sure the light blue parts of her outfit work... but oh well, too late to change that now.

Notice the Choice Band (done sloppily) and the Razor Claw: Anthro Weavile
> Another drawing where I think the color scheme could have been better. Her chest also seems way too large in comparison to the rest of her figure (with is supposed to be lithe).

Future Ideas:
-
Final version of Dusknoir, based off concept (female)
- Blacksmith Magmortar (male)
- Architect Electivire (male)
- Sorceress Froslass (female... obviously)
- Assassin Scizor (male)
- Much more (hopefully)

The Process - Thought it'd show a bit of how I go through things.

Here's the original concept sketched that I based my drawing off of: Antrho Weavile (CONCEPT)
> This was done on the same Sunday night as the Anthro Dusknoir concept since my internet was down.
>
No references were used.

1) We start with the basics: the rough concept sketches and/or the base Pencil Work
2) Next, I take the pencils and add some more detail to them and fix it up a bit. It helps to show it to other people to get their opinions. (Pencils v2)
3) Then comes the inking. I like to use Micron pens because they're not too expensive, last a while, and are resistant to smudging at the hands of my alcohol-based art markers. (Inked Drawing)
4) After inking, I obviously color in the picture with my markers, going with the base colors first, then adding in the darker, secondary colors while the ink is still wet.
5) Effects and extra, minor details come afterwards. These can be done with traditional media or with digital enhancements. I use my white Prismacolor colored pencil to add highlights and blend some things together. Prismacolor colored pencils were used on the hair, in this case. (See link near the top of this post)
6) Now it's time to publicize the drawing. Most people just scan their pictures into the computer. From there, extra tweaking and such can be applied to the drawing with programs, such as PhotoShop or MS Paint, to create the Finished Product

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
These pictures not only show artistic talent, but also a LOT of imagination. They're great!

Do you all like the Dusknoir concept? If you all do, I'll probably stick with something along those lines design-wise.

Another anthro enthusiast? On Smogon? My eyes are deceiving me. Let me say your pokémorphs are pretty well drawn. Necks seem a tad bit long, but your drawings are nice overall.

Haha, actually, I'm not an anthro enthusiast. I just drew these on a whim. I'm more of a robots and humans kind of guy.

Well we are all very glad you decided to draw anthro Pokemon. But some Pokemon aren't meant to be anthro. Be careful you don't draw the wrong Pokemon.

Posted a mini "walkthrough" on my process of producing a drawing. Used the Weavile that I had drawn previously as an example.

Has some pics too for reference.

Amazing stuff. Weavile reminded me of Krystal from Star Fox..

Looooove the Dusknoir girl.
Actually, she kinda does... I'm glad you like the Dusknoir concept.

Ugh, college level art classes suck the motivation to do hobby art right out of ya. It's time I actually started working on that Dusknoir pic, so here's the very basic pencils for her:

She looks good to me, so far, but I'm wondering if I should add the antenna in, like in the Concept Picture. What do you all think?

Hmm... might as well post some of the other stuff I've done in the past... I really need input from other artists.

Contest submission for an art contest. Some quality loss due to resizing and a shitty scanner.
Theme for Contest: Underwater
"Death in the Depths"

These were a series of drawings that merged two elements: the movie based version of Transformers and a popular children's toyline created by Lego.

Redesgn of Autobot Insignia
Redesign of Decepticon Insignia

Autobot Cold Front
Autobot Chain Storm
Autobot Wind Razor (He's the only Autobot in the group to have a fictional alternate vehicle mode)

Swarm Scream head concept (Inked)
Color scheme concept for Swarm Scream's head (Honestly, I have no idea how to use PhotoShop, but this turned out okay)
"Alien lighting" test on Swarm Scream's head
Decepticon Swarm Scream

This is just a rehash of what's already been said, but seriously, very imaginative and beautiful works. I like how you included the razor claw as a pendant for the Weavile... little details like that in drawings just charm me.

This is just a rehash of what's already been said, but seriously, very imaginative and beautiful works. I like how you included the razor claw as a pendant for the Weavile... little details like that in drawings just charm me.
Thank you :)

No one seems to notice the Choice Band that she's sporting though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)