The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Neuer. It was hard to watch.

On a side note.. Man U.. with the easiest road to the finals. Must be nice. I do feel they're overrated.. i don't know how they get the results they do sometimes.

easiest road to the final?
not our fault shalke knocked some good teams out. and we still had chelsea

united get the results they do, through hard work and patience

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Least Man Utd didn't have the referee keep bailing them out though! (makes a change I know!)

if the disgrace at the Bernabaue wasn't enough, think back to the clash with Arsenal. 40 minutes to go, Arsenal are going through and BAM Van Persie gets sent off for no reason at all. Barca go through. Total joke.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Valencia is not underrated at all, he starts for one of the best clubs in the world, dont be confused just because he is often injured. Anyway, i hope barca beat united, and all also hope it isnt a shit game. I think the game will be atrociously boring and 0-0 to penalty shoot out, pray that im wrong.

EDIT: also, man u played plenty of good teams on the way to the finals anyone who says otherwise is full of crap.

well that was something, darron gibson and anderson bossing the midfield perfectly is something you dont see everyday

United didnt have a cakewalk to the finals, ok it wasnt EXTREMELY hard, but not easy.

my gut tells me barca win, for reasons I cannot explain, expecting a final full of diving and spit hurled towards the ref's face from messrs rooney, busquets, etc

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Valencia is not underrated at all, he starts for one of the best clubs in the world, dont be confused just because he is often injured.
Personally I have never seen anyone ever say "Damn that Valencia guy is a top player", rather more like "GARETH BALE" and stuff like that.

Of course hes a good player if hes a starter for Man U, but you just dont see much talk about him when he clearly deserves it.

Valencia is a top class player,Bale got the spotlight because he is at a new champions league team he wasn't better then Nani this season, he isn't even the best Spurs player.

United got an easy run in contrast, Bayern fell apart at Inter and Inter are not a great team, Italian football standard has dropped a lot in recent years, Schalke also had a miracle last season to get in the Champions league there the 10th best team in Germany this season.

Saying that Chelsea are not an easy team and i think United would have still gone a good distance the two spanish teams are the only ones i would say could beat them over two legs, they would have pushed Madrid to the limit and i would pick them to beat Madrid, Barca are easier to beat over two legs.

United were comfortably one of the top 3 teams in the competition.

I don't think schalke had a miracle to get 2nd last season, I think they're just having a poor season this time. Also the bundesliga seems to have a lot more parity this season, like all the leagues do to an extent

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
nah leeds have gone legit! ken bates finally bought a majority share in the club, so our owner is known now :)

potential highly ironic points deduction relating to breach of the FA's rules re: third party ownership that could cost QPR the championship title. And mean that cardiff get autopromoted. And that QPR have to come through the playoffs.
erk.

Myzozoa

I would say that:
1. Bale is definitly the best player on the spurs
2. Nani is definitly the best player this season barring some ridiculous drogba play in the final weeks of this season. I would say if chelsea miraculously wins the title then drogba is the shit and more power to him.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1) van der vaart, absolutely no question about it mate. bale is only getting the rep because he made maicon look like a fool twice, he has hardly performed tremendously in the league. vdv does it every game.

2) yeah nani has been the best, i agree. dirk kuyt is a contender i'd like to throw in the ring, how many important goals has he scored? always performs, deserves any sort of praise he gets!

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just echoing shade really. Van Der Vaart is the boss. Bale hasn't done anything impressive for a while.

Nani has been the player of the season. Honorable mentions to Dirk Kuyt and Charlie Adam too.

potential highly ironic points deduction relating to breach of the FA's rules re: third party ownership that could cost QPR the championship title. And mean that cardiff get autopromoted. And that QPR have to come through the playoffs.
erk.
Swansea can overtake chokers Cardiff you know.

Myzozoa

More like spurs most disappointing player that will be transfered one day and reach his full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)