The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altaria, it is not your language that is a problem; rather, it is your psychotic desire to kill a professional athlete with whom you have no personal affiliation that is concerning and general rage at athletes not being perfect.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If it helps you sleep any better tonight, I'm pretty sure Altaria has no real intentions of killing anyone. The 'I won't really kill VD Wiel' gave that away.

Football fans say all sorts of shit. Anytime Collocini does anything good we tend to tell him that he's welcome to shag our wives but I'm pretty sure nobody ever meant it. It's not as if we're gonna see another Escobar on Altaria's account.

Then again, Ajax fans are notorious. Last time they were in England there was a riot and 10 arrests - and that was just a friendly lol.

2-1 Blackpool.

Edit: 2-2 shit

I was just joking, and expressing how much I hate VD Wiel. He never does his best. In potention, he's one of the best right backs on earth, he might be better than Maicon in top shape. But if he doesn't do his best and only thinks about money (if he plays bad, he still gets his money), he won't get further than the Dutch competition and showing he sucks in the Champions League and Europa League.

If VD Wiel does his best, but has a bad game, I'm okay with it. But I hate players who are unwilling to work and only wanting to cash.

LEE, DON'T TALK ABOUT AJAX AND AJAX FANS LIKE THAT!

All clubs have hooligans and "normal" supporters. Newcastle United probably has some hooligans too.

I am not a hooligan, I was so angry after the loss against Utrecht. It is alwul if you are a fan of a club that normally always becomes #1 or #2 in the competition, reaching CL/preround CL, and now slowly becoming a subtopper. Then you could rage out and say strange things after a horrible loss. I wasn't serious.

If you think Ajax fans are that bad, come to the Netherlands and visit AZ Alkmaar, those are worse than Ajax fans. Last season, FC Twente visited AZ, hooligans threw rocks through the windows of the player bus. It was a relief nobody has been hurt. But one rock almost hit Steve McClaren (coach back then, he left after making Twente champions last season, going to VFL Wolfsburg), he was very lucky.

Or visit PSV, most supporters always whistling and complaining to/about players and coach, and screaming horrible things about players or opponents.

My dad visited PSV - NAC Breda some years ago (he went with a friend he knew from his job, that friend took him as a surprise for his birthday, that friend's a PSV fan).

PSV fans hate Ajax and Ajax fans, at the same moment Ajax played against NEC. At halftime, NAC had a 0-2 lead against PSV, which is a disgrace for PSV. At the same time, Ajax took a 1-0 lead.

PSV supporters made gas chamber sounds (some Ajax hooligans call themselves "Joden", which means Jews, I just call them Ajax fans and Ajax players), referring to World War II. PSV didn't even play against Ajax.

Ajax won with 3-0 that day, PSV lost 1-4. Some PSV hooligans screamed to the players they wanted them to die of the most horrible diseases during the second half and after the match, and after hearing Ajax won, the gas chamber sounds started again. My dad hasn't visited the PSV stadium since that, and he is right.

I'd never visit those stadiums, I only go to home matches of Ajax sometimes. Away matches are too dangerous, if you visit PSV or AZ you might be risking your life. In England there's the law giving hooligans misbehaving themselves a life long stadium ban. In the Netherlands, the law isn't there yet. The politicians are working on it.

United showed that its true that they only play when it matters.
^ Not really it was a good win but United has had better comebacks they were just really poor in the first half . And SAF gave them a pep talk that did the job . In fact some say.. the walls are still shaking after Fergie's half time team talk lol .

But I think it's safe to say the title is going to the red half of manchester this season. They don't even have to play well to win half the time lol. And when Fergies in charge, well.....nuff said really lol

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
No disrespect to SAF who is almost inarguably the best coach overrall this season ('arry and arsene are not as good) but it sure looked like the players went 'oh shit were down by 2 time to start playing for real.' I bet holloway had like a seizure or something on the hernandez goal and then again on the 2nd berbatov goal. Fucking berbatov

Premier League Predictions.

1) Manchester United.
2) Arsenal.
3) Manchester City.
4) Tottenham Hotspur.

5) Chelsea.
6) Liverpool.
7) Sunderland.

8) Everton.
9) Aston Villa.
10) Bolton Wanderers.
11) Sunderland.
12) Newcastle United.
13) Blackpool.
14) Fulham.
15) Blackburn Rovers.
16) Birmingham City.
17) West Bromwich Albion.

18) Wigan Athletic.
19) West Ham United.
20) Wolverhampton.

^ I'll argue with 3 and fourth but sorry the prem. top 4 will be the same as 8/09 season maybe just that arsenal will come 2nd and chelsea for a third . But surely I can't see liverpool coming so low Dalglish will make sure they will get a top 4 spot and I think he has revived them!City will only get euro cup football again not because of position. I'd like to see spurs in europe but I don't think they'll be europe in the 11/12 season . The heck sunderland can still come 11th and 7th nice bro . I don't agree with lots but I do agree with the relegated teams .

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
But surely I can't see liverpool coming so low Dalglish will make sure they will get a top 4 spot and I think he has revived them!
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but altaria has been way too kind to Liverpool. honestly any attempt to predict this season is going to be fruitless because it has been so...unpredictable but there's no way liverpool are gonna finish higher than 7th. top 6 is gonna be:

1. man utd
2. arsenal
3. chelsea
4. city
5. spurs
6. sunderland

and then between liverpool, newcastle, blackburn and stoke for 7th. also, wolves to stay up.

Liverpool won 1-0 against Fulham. I can't say that Liverpool player their best, but they are definitely heading in the right direction (hopefully)

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
van der sar to resign at the end of this season: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9377719.stm

also i'll put up my predictions, i put a bet on arsenal to win the league, so i'll hedge it here and go with man u.

1. Man U
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. City
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Sunderland
8. Newcastle
9. Blackburn
10. Aston Villa
11. Bolton
12. Everton
13. Fulham
14. Stoke
15. Birmingham
16. Blackpool
17. West Brom
18. West Ham
19. Wolves
20. Wigan

Yea i'm with Lee Liverpool still have some slip ups in them, ill be very suprised if they finish 6th as you have to figure in Sunderland and to a lesser extent Blackburn,Aston Villa(Bent will get them a good few points), Newcastle and maybe Bolton. On top of that they are the only ones out of those teams who have the Europa League to worry about.

7th maybe but i don't think they will come out on top of all those teams, i am also gonna say Man City just beaten in to 3rd by Arsenal, with Chelsea a little behind closely followed by Spurs.

1. Man U
2. Arsenal
3. City
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Sunderland
7. Liverpool
8. Blackburn
9. Newcastle
10. Aston Villa
11. Bolton
12. Stoke
13. Everton
14. Fulham
15. Blackpool
16. Birmingham
17. West Brom
18. Wolves
19. West Ham
20. Wigan

KNVB-beker (Dutch cup). Ajax - NAC Breda 4-1.

Ajax was the better team for the whole match. After a defensive mistake from the horrible effortless Gregory VD Wiel, 0-1. But thanks to goals from Siem de Jong (action and good shot with his worse left leg) and Miralem Sulejmani (penalty). After halftime, Sulejmani let substitute Vurnon Anita finish the match once and for all with 3-1, he decided the match with a good and simple shot. 4-1 from Sulejmani, with a wonder goal after an assist from the awesome playing MAN OF THE MATCH (IN CAPITALS) Christian Eriksen. In the first half, Jan Vertonghen hit the crossbar with a good free kick.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This may be old news, but ajax representatives confirmed that liverpool's 15m bid for suarez is far too low, and that they wont consider anything less than 25m. Good news altaria, suarez probably wont end up at liverpool.

I am afraid the rich Liverpool owners will be paying 30 million Euro if they really want Suarez.

By the way, his biting suspension is over, so he'll play on Sunday.

Uhmmm.... I think this is way too much for Suarez and not worth paying all that money on someone that could possibly not even be that good in the EPL. He does score like an excellent average of one goal a match, but the Eiridivisie (spelling ugghh..) and the EPL are very different in term of level. hopefully he'll be able to meet the expectations.

btw Liverpool reject a 40 million bid from Chesea for Torres. Apparently, only about 60 million will convince them to let him leave

I really hope that the torres-chelsea deal doesn't go through this window. If we get 40+ million for him I'd hope we'd have a whole transfer season to spend it! There are rumours of a 50million buyout clause in his contract though?

26,5M are Euro's, 22,8M are British Pounds.

Not Eiridivisie, but Eredivisie. Next time, copy and paste it from this post.

Suárez did well in the Europa League and Champions League.

CL this season: 5 matches, 1 goal and 4 assists.

On average: every CL match either a goal or an assist.

CL, including preround CL: 9 matches, 4 goals, 6 assists.

Not bad, isn't it? In the EL last season, he played 9 games and made (including preround EL) 6 goals (1 penalty), and he also gave 7 assists.

World Championship 2010: 6 games, 3 goals and 3 assists.

Current and last season (1 1/2 year) on WC/EL/CL level total: 24 matches, 13 goals and 16 assists.

On higher levels than the Eredivisie, he did awesome. He can score goals, but is also a great player to give assists.

Expect a lot of assists from him. Liverpool should let him take free kicks for right-legged players. He will always give 100% effort.

I think he will be shadow striker behind Torres (4-4-1-1 system) or left winger in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 system.

At one side, i am proud and he deserves a dream transfer like this. At the other side, I am so sad I could commit suicide now (but I won't).

yea it shouldnt go through in the january transfer window imo, we should keep him for now because we need a striker to partner suarez. i say get 50-60 million from an in shape torres and go buy world class player in the summer!

lets hope he gets in good form to lure in chelsea / man city / barcelona / real madrid to buy him =)

edit:
I could commit suicide now (but I won't).
good to know altaria :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)