That Was Just Your Life (An Uber RMT)

The title was inspired by Metallica's new CD, Death Magnetic.

As some of you know from my videos, I am a very OU oriented person. Shoddy Battle has turned the OU metagame somewhat into garbage. With the presence of Scizor, Trick leads, and Cresselia/Blissey, things just got way too repetitive and boring for me. I wanted something that would be new, interesting, and amazingly fun.

I talked to my friend about this dilemma, and he recommended the Uber metagame. He said it was the most fast-paced metagame he had ever played in. This is one of my best friends, so I took his word, and decided to try it out.

After two battles, I was hooked. Each battle was new, exciting, and different, and always kept me interested. Each Pokémon had about 7 possible strategies behind it, so you always were guessing. I've had to alter my team multiple times, and this particular team has gone undefeated so far. I've had a couple questions along the way, which is why I'm posting this RMT. Please help out as much as you can. Thanks!

CHANGES IN BOLD! :D

At A Glance:

Starter/Special Tank

Kyogre @ Leftovers
**Magikarp
Ability: Drizzle (Summons permanent rain)
Nature: Modest (+Special Attack -Attack)
EV Spread: 240 HP/244 Defense/24 Speed
~Surf
~Thunder
~Sleep Talk
~Rest

Kyogre is known for its spectacular Special Attack and decent Special Defense. This set will fully enhance both of those stats, as well as becoming a great tank for any Uber team!

The strategy is simple. Sweep as much as I possibly can with my 2 moves, then when my health gets low enough, I rest. Sleep Talk while Resting, and then repeat the process all over again.

I ran a Modest nature simply so I could pack more of a punch while sweeping. 240 HP Evs and 244 Defense EVs ensure that I will survive a Swords Danced Earthquake from an Adamant Groudon.

Surf and Thunder seem to provide the most type coverage here. Water Spout isn’t necessary, seeing as I won’t be Scarfing, and other things can –and will- outspeed me, thus lowering my HP, thus lowering Water Spout's power.
Physical Tank/Status Absorber

Dialga @ Leftovers/Adamant Orb
**Bling
Ability: Pressure (Enemy attacks lose 1 extra PP)
Nature: Careful (+Special Defense -Special Attack)
EV Spread: 252 HP/252 Special Defense/6 Attack
~Bulk Up
~Outrage
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Bulk Up Dialga is a somewhat surprising set to my opponents. The set is a beast, and once it gets set up, the opponent receives a sudden “Uh-oh” thought process.

Sleep Talk was chosen over Earthquake for a couple reasons. Yes, Dragon Claw hits Metagross, Magnezone, and Heatran for not very effective, but after a few Bulk Ups, Dragon Claw (with STAB factored in) will still do a hefty chunk of damage to all 3.

This functions very similarly to a Rest Talking Suicune. Again, it’s very simple – I come in, I set up 1-2 Bulk Ups, and if needed, I Rest. When Resting, I Sleep Talk. When I’m not asleep, I attack with my STAB move, which only Steel types resist.

A Careful nature and Special Defense EVs help me maximize my Special Defense against Special Attackers. This helps me counter most Kyogres, as I resist both Water Spout and Thunder, and Ice Beam does only neutral.
Special Sweeper

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
**Seahorse?
Nature: Modest (+Special Attack -Attack)
EV Spread: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
~Surf
~Thunder
~Spacial Rend
~Aura Sphere

This Palkia has actually left me speechless after battles. Its ability to sweep teams and PP stall opponents never ceases to amaze me. This can come in on a Scarf Kyogre, and absorb the Water Spout with my 4x resistance. I then proceed to sweep!

Aura Sphere actually didn’t sound too good on paper, but I worked some damage calculations. With my max Special Attack, against a Darkrai (216 Special Defense), Aura Sphere will actually do more damage than a Spacial Rend OR Surf (powered by STAB)!

252 Speed EVs gives me 299 Speed, which allows me to speed tie with Max Speed Manaphy and Mew, as well as other Max Speed Palkias. This also allows me to outspeed Deoxys-D, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Wobbuffet! (Assuming all those are running max Speed). This is all before Choice Scarf, of course.

The only Pokémon that walls this set is Shedinja, which somewhat worries me, seeing as it could well be used in Uber battles a lot. Regardless of Shedinja, this hits everything in the game for at least neutral, and again, it has swept teams like crazy. I can clearly see why it’s Uber!
Physical Wall/Team Supporter

Lugia @ Leftovers
**Great Wall Of China
Nature: Bold (+Defense -Attack)
EV Spread: 136 HP/124 Defense/248 Speed
~Roost
~Reflect
~Toxic
~Ice Beam

This Lugia can be a total nightmare once it gets the 2 screens set up. It's a huge supporter for my team, and vital if I want to survive more hits.

The 248 Speed EVs actually help me outspeed a max speed Rayquaza. As soon I outspeed them, I then have the choice to set up a screen, heal, or Ice Beam.

HP EVs are pretty obvious. The Defense EVs help me survive a CB Groudon Stone Edge, and with a Reflect up, I can survive a CB Metagross Meteor Mash.

Lugia is a beast, and should be feared because of it. This can incapacitate opponents while supporting my team.

Physical Sweeper

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
**Rawr
Ability: Air Lock (Blocks the effect of weather)
Nature: Jolly (+Speed -Special Attack)
EV Spread: 32 HP/252 Attack/8 Special Defense/216 Speed
~Dragon Dance
~Outrage
~Overheat
~Earthquake

This set is so scary, it’s not even funny. As soon as I can switch in, I immediately set up, and then I can instantly sweep a team. This Pokémon serves as my huge physical attacker, and it carries that responsibility quite well, in my opinion.

The moves are very self-explanatory. Dragon Dance is obviously there for set-up purposes. Outrage is there for STAB and amazing type coverage. Overheat helps me kill off Forretress, Skarmory, Bronzong, and Scarf Heracross. Earthquake gets rid of my Heatran weakness.

I chose Jolly over Adamant for a few reasons. After a Dragon Dance, I outspeed +Speed Deoxys-A and Base 90 Speed Scarfers. This helps me outspeed those common Scarf Kyogres. Quoted from Smogon.com – With 32 HP EVs, you have 359 HP to take minimum Life Orb recoil percentage.

Rayquaza will most likely be a staple on my team, simply because of the fact that this set is so destructive. No further explanation needed.

Wish Passer/Special Tank

Latias @ Soul Dew
**Red Eyes Black Dragon
Ability: Levitate (This Pokemon is immune to Ground type moves)
Nature: Timid (+Speed -Attack)
EV Spread: 112 HP/204 Special Attack/192 Speed
~Wish
~Dragon Pulse
~Thunder
~Calm Mind

Somewhat of an alteration of Smogon's set. I got rid of a self-healing move such as Recover or Roost because... I already have Wish. :P

Thunder and Dragon Pulse seem to cover a lot, I'm not sure what really resists the two moves. Calm Mind helps me boost my high Special Attack and Special Defense.

As quoted from Smogon: Calm Mind ensures that I am not defeated by Calm Mind Kyogres. If there is a Kyogre out, as long as I get 1-2 Calm Minds up, there won't be any way that I'll be beaten by them. With a Timid nature and Speed EVs, I'll be outspeeding most Kyogres. (The ones that outspeed me will be Scarfing, therefore won't be Calm Minding!) I can always Thunder right back at them, and hope for a paralysis. XD

Latias is a very good Pokemon to have on an Uber team, simply because it's very hard to kill because of Soul Dew and its monstrous Special Defense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, this is my team, and I really hope you enjoyed the RMT. This is probably the best RMT I've ever written, so please don't trash it because of the grammar, spelling, etc. Please help! Thanks!

Peace.

~Sephiroth32194~

"At A Glance" pictures - www.pokemonelite2000.com
Pokemon pictures - www.arkeis.com
Pokemon synopsis - www.smogon.com

I do not own the pictures or the sets in any way. Smogon created the sets and Arkeis and PokemonElite2000 created the pictures. :P

Pokemon I have previously used:

Before anyone can rate this team, fix the formatting. It's awful. Sizes higher than 2 or 3 are really annoying.

3 Physical walls, OU, maybe... Ubers? probably not.

The uber metagame is shifting, but that doesn't mean that 3 physical walls and a special wall with little recovery are going to save you. Try Latias in Groudon's spot. You really don't need Groudon with Dialga and Giratina. If you still like Groudon, feel free to switch Dialga out.

CM Kyogre doesn't seem like a good lead, being beaten by many leads. Including Darkrai which is pretty popular.

I really can't believe that Surf + Rain Dance + STAB + Lustrous Orb is doing less damage than a 2x effective Aura Sphere. Just off the top of my head, that seems like more than a 2x multiplier. Maybe try Thunder? Also, Aura Sphere and Earth Power have similar coverage. So another reason not to use it.

Everything else seems OK. Also, you can try Lum Berry on Kyogre is you ever see a Darkrai problem.

I really can't believe that Surf + Rain Dance + STAB + Lustrous Orb is doing less damage than a 2x effective Aura Sphere. Just off the top of my head, that seems like more than a 2x multiplier. Maybe try Thunder? Also, Aura Sphere and Earth Power have similar coverage. So another reason not to use it.
Honestly, I didn't think it would do more either. I actually did check out both Aura Sphere and Surf, and Aura Sphere still did more damage. Still, I see your point. I'll replace Aura Sphere with Thunder. Thanks for the help. ^_^

ScarfGarchomp gives this team nightmares. I recommend exchanging Giratina for Lugia. It also handles Rayquaza well. Giratina isn't doing much but handling a pokemon that doesn't exist on shoddy. Arceus is banned...

Also try ScarfPalkia. It gives you a much needed revenge killer.

well since you said giratina blocks arceus im gonna assume your playing with arceus

physical dragon arceus beats with SD, outrage, safeguard, recover beats everything on this team and safeguard prevents confusion, scarf palkia can revenge it if your willing to put choice scarf on palkia(assuming you play with arceus)

outrage provides dialga with a power boost and when used by sleep talk it doesnt get locked in,

id feel a but unsure about neutral speed palkia, under rain palkia still has plenty of power with neutral spA nature, with neutral speed your risking timid choice specs kyogre(thunder does a ton), jolly CB groudon, timid dialga, adamant garchomp, and jolly rayquaza killing it and you cant be 100% sure if you can revenge them

Rock Polish Groudon could be absolutely terrifying to this team. Half of them are outsped and owned by D-Claw, another two are wrecked by Super effective Earthquake/Stone Edge. Only Kyogre isn't too badly damaged. Your only hope is to sacrifice lugia to get the reflect up, then send in Kyogre to take it out. If you don't get it up, your hopes to beat it go down significantly.

DD Quaza and Rock Polish Groudon on the same team could give you some very severe headaches, with DD quaza taking out Lugia (unless you take it out with Palkia first), then Rock Polish Groudon doing clean up.

Rock Polish Groudon could be absolutely terrifying to this team. Half of them are outsped and owned by D-Claw, another two are wrecked by Super effective Earthquake/Stone Edge. Only Kyogre isn't too badly damaged. Your only hope is to sacrifice lugia to get the reflect up, then send in Kyogre to take it out. If you don't get it up, your hopes to beat it go down significantly.

DD Quaza and Rock Polish Groudon on the same team could give you some very severe headaches, with DD quaza taking out Lugia (unless you take it out with Palkia first), then Rock Polish Groudon doing clean up.
So do you have any suggestions on what to do to take care of those? It's not very helpful if you just tell me something that could sweep my team, then don't tell me how to prevent it from sweeping. ;___;

If you prevent Spikes from being set up, and invest some HP EVs in Kyogre, like 240 HP (but you actually need less to survive Adamant LO EQ from Groudon, with SR)

you dont really need all that speed, or Timid really because you're still really slow and shouldn't be relying on speed ties. In fact, most base 90s dont go Max Speed, like Groudon, Dialga, Giratina-O...

Also, Mewtwo has a decent chance of surviving LO EQ if you put a bit of Defense EVs in him, I forgot the exact number.

The big thing is to prevent Spikes from being set up.

A couple of more things about your team:

-Even though you're using Dragon Dance, Rayquaza still needs ExtremeSpeed. The choice is actually between EQ and Overheat, one or the other.

-Get rid of Earth Power on Palkia and go with Draco Meteor, because in case its not raining, all you're other attacks wont be powerful enough to KO somethings, like Mewtwo and Darkrai. A Supereffective Earth Power is still less powerful than a Draco Meteor. Also if the opponent catches on that you're scarfed, they could easily bring in Rayquaza and Swords Dance on you, at which point its GG because

- Your Lugia is too slow. You need at least 248 speed EVs with a neutral nature to outrun SDRay

Well, just some basci stuff:
- At the damage calculation did you took in mind the fact that Surf also gets powered up by the Rain Kyogre is setting up?
- Nice Lugia, however Ice Beam has poor PP and most Uber pokes have the Pressure Ability so take that in mind mayde give it a Leppa Berry.
- About RockPolish Groudon I would say it would sweep, not even Palkia's Surf will kill it (due to the Drought).
Anyways, about ScarfChomp I think you dont have to worry about it, Lugia handles it well enough.
Try a physical wall that can deal with EQ's maybe use Skymin or Celebi (I know its not Uber) but they can handle the ScarfChomp and MAYBE deal with the Rock Polish Groudon.
Good Luck.

-__-. I suggested the Lugia because there was Giratina there...

Anyway about the Rock Polish Groudon. Yeah it can be an issue. Ever considered a RestTalk Kyogre? It can Live an SD EQ from Groudon so Rock Polish shouldn't be a problem at all. But then you lose your lead...

So do you have any suggestions on what to do to take care of those? It's not very helpful if you just tell me something that could sweep my team, then don't tell me how to prevent it from sweeping. ;___;
Well, I did tell you about that sacrifice lugia thing.

However, I'm going to give you flyingsolo's Lugia spread.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Pressure
136 HP/124 Def/248 Spd
Calm

Whatever moveset you want. This lugia is great in that you outspeed max speed rayquaza, which means the SD version is easily dealt with. Also, with Calm+Light Screen, Lugia can sponge hits from Kyogre Surfs/Water Spouts. You also beat non RP Groudon.

More importantly, you can sacrifice this Lugia to the deadly DD Quaza and RP Groudon, and then kick their ass. For DD Quaza, force him into Outrage (killing you) then kick his ass with Palkia. For RP Groudon, switch Lugia in as he DD's, set up reflect, die, then send in Kyogre to take him out.

If both of them are on the same team, I guess something else needs to happen.

Let's say that Rayquaza comes out first. You do as above and kill it. Later, Groudon comes out. Obviously you can't get the reflect down. I think then your only hope would be to use a RestTalk Kyogre.

Lugia deals with scarfchomp just fine. Your current set is fine as it is.

Well, I did tell you about that sacrifice lugia thing.

However, I'm going to give you flyingsolo's Lugia spread.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Pressure
136 HP/124 Def/248 Spd
Calm

More importantly, you can sacrifice this Lugia to the deadly DD Quaza and RP Groudon, and then kick their ass. For DD Quaza, force him into Outrage (killing you) then kick his ass with Palkia. For RP Groudon,
Agreeing. This can actually take some Special hits.

Why should be he be using Calm on Lugia? You mention it being able to sponge Surf's and Water Spout's from Kyogres. However you seem oblivious to the fact that his entire team resist water attacks, and are all bulky. Lugia should NOT be your first switch into those anyway. If anyone is going to be switching into Water Spouts it should be Latias or Palkia.

Speaking of Lugia you really should be outspeeding Timid Rayquaza. Your current one easily beat by the now standard Swords Dance Rayquaza. I would also consider dropping Light Screen on Lugia for Toxic, that way you can actually hit Shedninja if it ever decides to switch in. This also makes it easier for you to slowly take down Groudon since Ice Beam isn't as effective on it as you may think.

Drop Earth Power on Palkia. Replace it for either Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, or hell even Aura Sphere. Fire Blast lets you take on Forretress and friends and is a nice choice if your opponent has sun on the field, Draco Meteor is a nice early game move that can dent anything switching in, and Aura Sphere allows you to 2HKO Dialga switching in if it has an prior damage and take a nice chunk out of Tyranitar.

Overall the biggest threat that I can see to this team is one of the Lati twins. Dialga is not considered a counter since you are forced to Outrage; or take a minimum of 47% from a Calm Minded Dragon Pulse from Latias, meaning Latios will 2HKO 100% of the time. I would considering a Scizor somewhere on this team, since it can Pursuit them or OHKO with U-Turn. It also helps alot against CM Mewtwos even though alot of them are starting to use Fire Blast.

*Considering changing the font for Dialga, it's hard to read without highlighting the text.*

Lugia is generally just bait for Specs Kyogre. However, with Calm and Light Screen, nothing Specs Kyogre packs is going to significantly hurt you. Basically, you will be able to scout what is coming. Even though his pokemon resist certain attacks, you don't want to switch the wrong pokemon in (like Palkia to Thunder or Latias to Ice Beam). Calm basically turns Lugia in a solid special wall who can absorb special shots as well.

And even then, going Bold isn't going to stop Lugia from getting owned by DD Rayquaza and Rock Polish Groudon. With Calm, Lugia becomes a decent mixed wall that can take both special and physical attacks.

But it won't matter too much in the end. Just use that spread, then choose Calm or Bold. I say Calm because then you can deal with most special attacks as well as physical.

As for beating the Lati twins, you could put Dragon Claw or Outrage on Palkia. Outrage is guaranteed to take out the Latias, so you could use that if Dialga dies. Dragon Claw can kill them if they hurt a bit already (under 70%). Palkia's attack stat is not to be underestimated when he gets STAB and hits super effective, especially because the twins have pretty crappy Def.

I prefer bold. With Calm Lugia has basically no chance of living a boosted hit from Rayquaza. Lugia isn't mean't to take on SpecsOgre when he has enough coverage with Dialga, Latias and Palkia.

Just use the sweeping set on Latias. No need for wish since all of your pokes can recover assuming you took the advice on RestTalk on Kyogre except Palkia who should only be switching in to Revenge Kill and Rayquaza who shouldn't be taking hits and is a sweeper.

you could use lugia to take out the one of the RPgroudon because he'll take away palkia need to OHKO, and than use palkia to revenge kill rayquaza, with hasty he outspeeds 317 speed rayquaza after a dragon dance, i also agree that lugia should be bold, latias, ray, palkia, dialga, and resttalkogre can all take on specsogre

Alright, basic updates:

Lugia's nature has been changed back and forth, so now it's at Bold so it can take on the RPGroudon that could potentially threaten my team.

Palkia has been Choice Scarfed to revenge kill DDRayquaza and ScarfOgres that are stuck on Surf.

Latias has been stuck on the team for a WishPasser, although in my battles he normally doesn't do all that much. I've been thinking about replacing him, but I don't know who to replace him with. X_X

Dialga has been given Outrage, ever since I found out that if you use it while Sleep Talking, you don't get stuck on it. o.o

Finally, Kyogre has been given the RestTalking set to better take on an Adamant Groudon. As I said: The EVs provided for Kyogre ensure that it will survive an Adamant Swords Danced Groudon's Earthquake.

Phew. That's a lot of changes. Any other changes?

I can't believe I'm saying this but.... you can't touch a well played Shedinja. You only got 2 moves that can kill it; Toxic on Lugia and Overheat on Ray(Sheddy will either switch in your outrage and laugh at you burning you in the proccess or survive with the sash and burn you anyway).

No team should be without stealth rock, so i suggest fitting it in your team. Not only does it kill Shedinja but it also makes Rayquaza and focus sash Deoxys-A much less of a threat.

Also, watch out for RP Groudon and SD Ray. Your Lugia is probably working overtime with these.

Alright, basic updates:

Lugia's nature has been changed back and forth, so now it's at Bold so it can take on the RPGroudon that could potentially threaten my team.

RP Adamant 438 Attack Groudon, with Life Orb does 50% minimum to 252 HP/252 Def Bold Lugia with Stone Edge, so you can forget about surviving. Bold won't help you as much as Calm does, because Lugia can be used as a Dragon resist. Well, special Dragon Resist anyway.

Palkia has been Choice Scarfed to revenge kill DDRayquaza and ScarfOgres that are stuck on Surf.

ScarfOgres stuck on Surf would just switch out...
And you need to be Timid to have any chance at catching Jolly DDRay

Latias has been stuck on the team for a WishPasser, although in my battles he normally doesn't do all that much. I've been thinking about replacing him, but I don't know who to replace him with. X_X

Latias is always female, but besides the shenanigans, you're wasting Latias if you're using HER as a WishPasser because she also packs a considerable amount of offense. Blissey is the more useless of the two, and can also Wish.

Dialga has been given Outrage, ever since I found out that if you use it while Sleep Talking, you don't get stuck on it. o.o

OK thats fine, but Groudon rapes BU Dialga any day of the week, even if you use Outrage, keep that in mind.

Finally, Kyogre has been given the RestTalking set to better take on an Adamant Groudon. As I said: The EVs provided for Kyogre ensure that it will survive an Adamant Swords Danced Groudon's Earthquake.

If Kyogre is your Groudon stopper, you're in alot of trouble.
First of all, if its the Swords Dance Version, it'll be slow as hell so anything faster than it with a Special Move coupled by a strong Special Attack can kill it.

Like: Mewtwo Grass Knot, Draco Meteors from just about anyone except Giratina.

If its the Rock Polish Groudon, then WoW Giratina stops it because Adamant LO Dragon Claw is at best a 3HKO.

Even without resorting to Giratina, a 240 HP/0Def Kyogre can survive an EQ, as can a 0 HP/ random number Def Mewtwo, but it has to be at full health(87% with SR), and the random number has to be greater than 56, but you dont need that much

Phew. That's a lot of changes. Any other changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)