That was gay Devil I'm telling everyone you're a hack!(RMT)

The point of this team is a Linoone sweep. Although I don't agree that it's impossible to counter everything, I still decided to give this a try, I had a team like this in ADV. Because of the style of the team, every member has an obvious and clear purpose.

Gengar **Guessing games**
@Adherance Scarf
EVs: 4HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Memento
Destiny Bond
Explosion
Shadow Claw

I can't get over how genious this is. Adherance Scarf with 309 Speed outspeeds Jolly Ninjask for the Explosion/Shadow Claw, screwing up BP teams. Memento helps me set up Linoone later, and Destiny Bond is for the eventual Pursuit or the like. This just misses a gaurunteed OHKO on Blissey.

Linoone **Sally the Squirrel**
@Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd Adamant
Belly Drum
Endure
Flail
Shadow Claw

This thing is murder. This OHKOs every non-resistor in the game. This is like sex on a stick, really. But to the moves; Endure is over Substitute because of Spikes and SR, I rather not risk my sweeper.

Let's see the highest overall defense Poke in the game with Normal Resistance, Regirock:
1048 Atk to absolute Max Regirock,(252/252 HP/Def): 57-66%
That's fuckin' ridiculous. It nearly OHKOs Dosaidon, for pete's sake.
Skarmory takes 81-95%, too. Note that they resist the damn attack.

It's a shame that I can't find anywere to fit in SR, or this would be insane...

Slowbro **Master Yoshi**
@Leftovers
212 HP/ 120 SpA/176 Def Bold
Surf
Ice Beam
Slack Off
Thunder Wave

Slowbro is such an awesome Bulky Water, not quite as awesome as Manaphy but godly, nontheless. Thunder Wave stops Tauntless Gyarados' chances of sweeping, ever, and Slack Off is great. This survives Gaburiasu's EQ(Even LOed) to OHKO with Ice Beam.

This would be Swampert, however, Swampert gives me no Para support, whch is mandatory considering what the team is about. It also can't OHKO Gabu and Nite, Mence will be screwed forever.

Jirachi **This Summer**
@Leftovers
240 HP / 56 Atk / 76 Def / 136 Spd Impish
~ Wish
~ Reflect
~ Reminicent Headbutt
~ Somersault

Phuqouph is amazing, really, and he's been on a role with movesets since D/P started. Anyway, Wish support to Linoone, Tangrowth, and itself, and Reflect support to a physically screwed team. Somersaulting a Wish and Refect to Linoone is sexy.

One thing this does that no other Wisher does is Somersault, allowing me to go strait to Linoone, Tangrowth, and the like. I can Somersault a Skarmory into Magnezone, which is especially good.

Tangrowth **Tingle Tangle**
EVs: 240 HP/76 Atk/136 Def/56 Spd Adamant
@Leftovers
Sunny Day
Power Whip
Stone Edge
Sleep Powdor

This clears up the skies so Linoone isn't KOed by SandStream and SnowStorm. Sleep Powdor is about the only way Linoone's setting up correctly, too. I gave it 150 Speed so that it outspeeds the base 100s without a +Speed nature, and ties with things that stop at 300.

This counter's Gyarados. You may say, it's weak to Ice Fang, but:
383 Atk Gyarados using Ice Fang on 320 Defense Tangrowth: 113-134 damage, a 4HKO.
After a DD, 171-202, a 3HKO. Plus I have Sleep Powdor, and Power Whip takes a load off of it:

Tangrowth using Power Whip at 280 attack to 4 HP no Defense Gyrados(57-67%) A 2HKO always.
Worst case scenario is I'm facing Jump's Gyarados, in which case it does 40-47%. Jolly Gyarados has no chance of getting past this thing. If it has no Taunt, Slowbro can Paralyze it. It ain't sweepin' jack. How's that for a Gyarados counter?

Magnezone **MagneOWN**
@Beautiful Skin
EVs:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Thunder
HP Ice

I needed a Restalker, it traps Skarm, and it gives Para support. This thing rocks. Wait, no, it steels. This has the most resistances than any other Pokemon, I believe, which makes this extremely easy to switch in, despite it's speed. I would use HP Grass, but Ice hits a lot of things reliably all the time. With Reflect support, this can survive Duggy's EQ and KO it back with HP Ice.

Other than that,
Honestly, I need to predict all around what Hera's going to do, switching Magnezone into Megahorns and Slowbro into In Fights. If I paralyze it, it's easier to deal with, luckily. Credit to Dagger for the thing.

Go ahead, destroy my team, and I'm perfectly fine with someone else using this, just throw somw credit in to Phuqouph and me.

Don't blame me for this team, I had nothing to do with it.

Why have you got Zap Cannon on Magnezone? Also, I doubt he can be EVed to survive a CB EQ from Dugtrio, so give him Beautiful Skin as you've made him a RestTalker.

It's a decent attempt at getting Linoone to sweep, but you're heavily reliant on Gengar to take down a lot of threats.

SR is Stealth Rock.

And I like Zap Cannon on Magne-whatever. You're already hoping for randomness to fall your way with Sleep Talk, and what's Skarm going to do to you in the meantime while you wait for it to hit, HP Ground?

Don't blame me for this team, I had nothing to do with it.

Why have you got Zap Cannon on Magnezone? Also, I doubt he can be EVed to survive a CB EQ from Dugtrio, so give him Beautiful Skin as you've made him a RestTalker.

It's a decent attempt at getting Linoone to sweep, but you're heavily reliant on Gengar to take down a lot of threats.
Line 1: OK

Para 2: Zap Cannon is on Magnezone for several reasons: 1 It Paralyzes, and that's good. 2. It does a hell of a lot of damage, 90 base to resistors. 3. Because Sleep gives it like 6 more PP.
Still, I'm considering Thunder because of the 20% Accuracy/Para chance exchange, but often 30% doesn't cut it. Jiba can probably survive, considering it's 115 base defense. I can be wrong, however...

EDIT: I forgot about the 4x weakness. Beautiful Skin has been added.

Para 3: It's actually more trustworthy than getting BellyZard and the like to sweep, and it is walled by much less things. Gengar is defenitely taking down a lot of threats, you're right.

What do you mean blame? That doesn't sound too positive.

Magnezone can't endure a CB EQ from Duggy. At all.

Glion can help with the hera weak. Dunno what to put it over though...

Also yeah for that awesome piece of art up there. Who made that? That person is cool.

No, I don't have Tyranitar problems. CBTar has 4 Attacks, Crunch, Stone Edge, EarthQuake and Pursuit/Focus Punch. Magna switches in on Crunch and Stone Edge, Mojambo/Gengar on EQ, and Slowbro/Gar on Focus Punch.

Also, what is it going to get in on? Jibacoil does 63-75% with Zap Cannon and Paralyzes, Gar will either Memento it or Destiny Bond it, Slowbro will Surf it or T-Wave it, and Jirachi will Somersault out of it for 32-37% and can Reflect, and Mojambo will OHKO with Power Whip, can Sleep Powdor, and removes SS. Just because it can get in easily into Linoone doesn't mean it completely screws me over.

If I paralyze Heracross, it's just slow Jirachi food.

I was joking - I meant credit, not blame.

I'm not overly keen on Endure on Linoone, it can give away your strategy too early. Sub might be better, but it all comes down to personal preference really.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just wanted to add, if Gluttony activates Salac at 50% health instead of at 25%, then Linoone officially becomes even more scary.

But... nobody has tested this yet. I don't have Salac Berry on my cart to test it.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
there is a way for magnezone to survive a quake...ground resist berry

for jolly duggy you need 344hp/294 def or 337hp/302def...modest would give you 363 sA, enough to 1hko duggy

a reflect could work in your case as well

there is this berry, enigma #60, has anyone seen it in action yet? the description says recovers hp if hit with SE attack, that could work even better for jibacoil...and stuff like garchomp (lol stupid name)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Too bad whatever Linoone doesn't KO KO's it.

And technically speaking, Aggron, Dianoosu, and Torideps resist Flail the best. Steelix can also take the hit.

There's also the new minor problem of all the CBers with priority moves running about, like CB Mamoswine.

Ehm its a Linoone team, so it isn't exactly going to cause OU to tremble in fear anyway.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yea I forgot, watch out for spiritomb as it can switch to almost anything in your team and play mindgames with you with ambush+pursuit+hypnosis, not even your "guessing games" will like it

Endure is really, really shaky here even with a Sunny Dayer. Tyranitar can always Sand Stream later.

Also the way your RMT is written is like the way chaos wrote Strategy analyses.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually, OHKOing about everything in the game is scary. And half the things you mentioned aren't OU anyway.
IF it moves first, which bites if anything has a priority move. Most of the Donphan sets I've seen utilize Ice Pebble, and nearly all the Mamoswine sets. Endure does help ward off Fake Out, but Ambush can beat this. There's also Hippowdon, who switches in, dies, and takes Linoone with it due to Sandstorm. You also mentioned you didn't have room for SR. This is bad news when, by your own Admission, Skarmory survives your attack, meaning you get WW'd out.

Basically:

Hippowdon switchin
Tyranitar switchin
Abomasnow switchin
Ice Pebble Donphan
Ice Pebble Mamoswine
Extremespeed/Vacuum Blade/Pallette Punch/ Lucario
Extremespeed Linoone
Mach Punch Hitmons
Mach Punch Breloom
AS/Mach Punch Infernape
AS Gengar
Ambush Dugtrio

Random QA'ers, including Scizor.

Zap Cannon is also unreliable as hell, it doesn't matter if you Magnet Pull Skarmory if your only way to kill it in one shot has 50% acc when awake and 16% acc when asleep. (33% chance of being chosen * 50% actual acc). If you want power, go with Thunder. Zap Cannon only paralyzes if it hits, and it only hits 50% of the time. This may be a 20% increase in para chance from Thunder, but Thunder hits 7 out of 10 times. Thunder also has 10PP, ZC has 5. I understand Sleep Talk boosts it, but that just means 3 more misses.

It is my STRONG recommendation you axe RH on Jirachi for Stealth Rock. RH is a poor attack to begin with, you aren't going to flinchax much of anything that matters, and you aren't supereffective against much of anything important. The only reason anything ever uses Psychic attacks is because they have STAB. Jirachi is your primary support pokemon, you can definetely say goodbye to RH and hello to SR. Gengar even acts as an SR blocker if you didn't kill it off.

Belly Drum/Flail Linonne just has too many problems. Sure it kills *nearly* everything, but it is also highly suseptible to priority moves and everything else that dooms Endversal strategies.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
People will generally carry extra protection against this kind of stuff, because Lucario makes Sandstream not really a counter anymore.

Deck Knight said:
IF it moves first, which bites if anything has a priority move. Most of the Donphan sets I've seen utilize Ice Pebble, and nearly all the Mamoswine sets. Endure does help ward off Fake Out, but Ambush can beat this. There's also Hippowdon, who switches in, dies, and takes Linoone with it due to Sandstorm. You also mentioned you didn't have room for SR. This is bad news when, by your own admission, Skarmory survives your attack, meaning you get WW'd out.

Basically:

Hippowdon switchin
Tyranitar switchin
Abomasnow switchin

Ice Pebble Donphan
Ice Pebble Mamoswine

Extremespeed/Vacuum Blade/Pallette Punch/ Lucario
Extremespeed Linoone lol countered by oneself
Mach Punch Hitmons
Mach Punch Breloom
AS/Mach Punch Infernape
AS Gengar
Ambush Dugtrio

Random QA'ers, including Scizor.

Belly Drum/Flail Linonne just has too many problems. Sure it kills *nearly* everything, but it is also highly suseptible to priority moves and everything else that dooms Endversal strategies.
In reference to you several attackers, Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Abamosnow will scew this up, but the chances of me bringing in Linoone before I'm 100% positive that they are gone are really, really low. Adherance Scarf users are only scary if they're gaurunteed to be faster, like Gengar(With 300 speed or more), who is owned completely by Jirachi,(With RH) which is probably the only reason that I have the move. I definitely thought about that when I did this. With Dugtrio, it is doomed because once it switches in I know it has Ambush, or nearly completely do, simply because that would not be the first immediate switch at any time. If it's CBed, I can Endure/Belly Drum until Ambush runs out and then kill it, and if it's LOed, It will most likely EarthQuake on the second try, and die to Flail. This does make me think strongly about Substitute, however, as everything mentioned on that list will die to Flail, and there's very little chance that someone is using two of the QAers.

I always get into this argument about BDLinoone, and we all now it has serious problems, but just because something statistically fails doesn't mean it will always fail.

Mekkah, may I ask how my RMTs sound like Chaos' strategy analysis'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)