Testing UU team

Well, I decided to make a UU team and there may be a few weak spots but that's where I need your help. So, please rate away. Here's the team.

Jumpluff@leftovers
Nature: jolly
Ability: chlorophyll
EV's: 252 spe/188def/68spdef
Role:annoyer/a sort of psuedo hazer
-U-turn
-sleep powder
-substitute
-leech seed
Standard jumpluff. Sleep powder first turn, sub on the switch and then leech seed. Once the sub is destroyed I can either U-turn out or put the opponent to sleep causing another switch. This works really well with stealthrocks and spikes in play.

Aggron@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252atk/252hp/6def
Role:Defensive wall/Actual psuedo hazer
-thunder wave
-iron head
-roar
-earthquake
My actual psuedo hazer and defensive wall. Thunder wave to make jumpluff and froslasses job a bit easier by slowing down the faster pokemn in UU. Iron head over stone edge because of the accuracy and flinch rate. Earthquake for coverage against the likes of probopass that tries to trap him with magnet pull.

Gastrodon@leftovers/rindo berry
Nature: careful
Ability: Sticky hold
EV's:212hp/44def/252atk
Role:mixed wall/statuser
-toxic
-Earthquake
-stockpile
-recover
Stockpile will raise his defenses and the recover whenever I need to. toxic works great once gastrodon gets a few stock piles he can slowly stall them out of hp.Earthquake to prevent steels and poisons from walling this set.

Raticate@burn orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252atk/252spe/6hp
Role:Physical attacker/status absorber
-Facade
-Crunch
-pluck/reversal/rock smash/Endeavor
-U-turn
Not too sure about his moveset. My team doesn't have any flying type attacks and raticate has access to pluck. I can't really say reversal is reliable because an aggron or steelix can just come in when his hp is almost full. Rock smash is for an alternate fighting move. U-turn can allow him to switch while dishing out some damage. Endeavor can help lower the hp of some walls and allow any of my other pokemon to faint it.

froslass@lifeorb
Nature: timid
Ability: Snow cloak
EV's: 252spe/252spatk/6hp
Role:Spin blocker/spiker/special attacker
-thunderbolt
-shadowball
-icebeam
-spikes
Didn't want to give it specs because of spikes. This is my special attacker.Sets down spikes after it comes in on a predicted rapid spin. Life orb gives it that extra power. Ice beam and shadow ball are for STAB and thunderbolt for coverage.

Claydol@lightclay/leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: levitate
EV's: 252hp/136spdef/120spatk
Role:special wall/spinner/stealth rocker/support
-Psychic
-light screen
-rapidspin
-stealth rock
Works with aggron and froslass to set up and then psuedo haze. Psychic is for the fighting type attacks aimed at aggron and raticate. Rapid spin for opposing entry hazards and light screen for team support.

This is just my team in testing. Is there anything I need to fix?

For Raticate, U-Turn is amust. If you run into something it can't kill than just U-Turn out of there, don't bother trying to take it on. As for your other move, you could always just slap on Swords Dance and go for overkill with Facade. Your other option is Endeavor, not even Steelix or Aggron will like being brought down to within 20-10% of their HP.

Claydol needs a Bold nature, Calm does nothing for it.

For Gastrodon, you always want Relaxed or Quiet.

I've decided to change gastrodon's nature to impish because he doesn't have any special attacks. There really is no reason for lowering his speed. I'll consider endeavor on raticate. Also, claydol's nature is calm because he is my special wall/spinner/stealth rocker/support. I think I should post their roles. I'll update it in about an hour or two.

Also, claydol's nature is calm because he is my special wall/spinner/stealth rocker/support. I think I should post their roles. I'll update it in about an hour or two.
Thats the key problem.

Claydol is not a special wall especially without Light Screen or Calm Mind, it has special weaknesses out the wazoo. People tend to use it as a physical wall rather. No matter how much you raise its special defense its still going to go down hard from a super effective special attack.

as a matter of fact, my team needs light screen. This will help gastrodon wall more efficiently and help aggron take a few neutral special hits. Also, I chose claydol because I needed a rapid spinner that has great special defense and can set up stealth rocks. Updated.

Sorry for the double post but is there anything else I need to fix? I know it isn't perfect and I still need help with the hold item for gastrodon and raticate's moveset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)