Ten awesomely bad pokemon that aren't any good but should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In this article, I will discuss pokemon that should be good. Whether it's a killer dex entry, something in the anime, or that they just look the part, these pokemon should be able to fuck shit up. And when it comes time to use them in battle, they... well, they don't. I'll provide a humorous description of why each pokemon is should be good, and then why it's not. This article isn't meant to be a metagame or battle strategy piece by any stretch, nor is it meant to address "overhyped" mons.

My list of baddies is as follows:
Beedrill
Arbok
Primeape
Electrode
Diggersby
Ursaring
Magcargo
Dusknoir
Escavalier
Electross

And an honorable mention of Pinsir and the Squirtle line, who would have fit the list except game freak decided to introduce a whole new game mechanic to make them at least somewhat usable. Shame on them.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As much as I love Magcargo, I don't really like the premises of the article. It essentially boils down to a "I like these Pokemon but they're not in OU so I better make an article and remark about it" kind of vibe (no offense), so if we were to approve this, then other people could pitch similar topics and then refer to this article as justification. So since there's no particular theme to this, I'm saying no.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with Bummer. It's a very subjective article with not much objective direction and doesn't seem really entertaining without a more specific theme. Better luck next time! :) Closing~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)