Tekken 6

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Does anybody have this game, if so who is your best character

also is there a tier list yet?

My best characters are Alisa, Kuma, and Bryan Fury

I love Tekken (well I've only really played 1 and 3 but whatever) but I'm pretty much not going to bother with any fighting game without good online, and apparently Tekken 6 doesn't have good online so yeah.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, I have Tekken 6 now because it ended up costing $-20, and I thought this might be a chance to learn the basics of fighting games, which I have kinda been vaguely interested in but never motivated enough to try..

Anyone I've been using Law, cause I heard he was the best, and just offline so far since I dont want to embarass myself too much. But yeah, what advice do you guys have for the beginningest beginner there is, who actually wants to learn to be at least decent?

Have a nice day.

I just played this today and I've come to the conclusion that Lars is the gayest bastard of a character ever.

I'm on PSN: ill_as_duck. Feel free to add me if you want a moving training doll or if you're willing to give a newcomer some pointers. I promise I don't bitch.

Anyone I've been using Law, cause I heard he was the best, and just offline so far since I dont want to embarass myself too much. But yeah, what advice do you guys have for the beginningest beginner there is, who actually wants to learn to be at least decent?
Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you except I've got some experience with games like Street Fighter. Just play as much as possible, even if it means sullying your name online. I found my biggest problem with Street Fighter is that I'd spend hours in training mode and reading articles without actually playing the game, so it seemed like no matter how much I "knew" I just didn't have that intuition that even some complete scrubs had. Once you get a feel for the game you can start worrying about how you're going to capitalize on certain opportunities.

Just my two cents.

Hey, I have Tekken 6 now because it ended up costing $-20, and I thought this might be a chance to learn the basics of fighting games, which I have kinda been vaguely interested in but never motivated enough to try..

Have a nice day.
Just start off playing arcade mode against the comp first. Law is one of the easier characters to start with, but I'd also recommend Jin. He has a nice mix of punches and kicks that aren't too hard to pull off and are flexible enough for juggling, so he's really good for getting the basics down pat.

After hearing that Tekken 6's online play was improved to the extent that it's about comparable to Blazblue's netcode, I finally picked it up. I haven't actually played online yet but my PSN is Thiediev so feel free to add me if you want matches. I'll be pretty garbage but with Blazblue competition being a little weak right now, hopefully I'll be improving pretty quickly at this game.

Finally picked up this, the online lag is awful even on green when the lag is bad enough that you cannot hit Just Frames then its unplayable.

I got Tekken 6 for PSP the other day, and I'm really disappointed with how bare-bones it is. I understand that they have to exclude some stuff from the PS3/Xbox 360 version, but it makes no sense for them to exclude features from the previous game on the PSP. Just between Dark Ressurection and Tekken 6, they got rid of Quick battle, Tekken Dojo, the bonus games, sound test, and most of the different practice modes. Not to mention the story mode now is just four battles without interludes, which really sucks because they also took out Campaign Scenario in the PSP version. So now a lot of stuff seems really random and out of place (what is NANCY-MI847J and why is it even in the game?). Networking kind of blows too; no game sharing anymore, no wifi of any kind, and multiplayer battles have input lag now.

And for everything they removed or watered down, we get...a different arcade mode and more custom outfits, that's about it. At least the gameplay is still good, otherwise this would be worthless.

Woooow, this game is absolute hell to learn from scratch hahahahahah

God damn

It's so "knowledge-based." There are 40 characters and you have to be able to recognize when the moves they're using are lows or mids, safe or unsafe, or whatever. This is already stressful on its own, and implies a lot of grinding (not that there isn't plenty of grinding already, in the form of juggles and assorted "advanced movements" I have yet to figure out). Combined with generally mediocre online play (hopefully things will improve once I go back to a wired connection), I foresee very rough seas ahead of me if I don't get a hold of some decent offline competition.

Oh, and if anyone can articulate specifically how to backdash cancel (I know what the movements are "supposed" to be, I'm just not getting them), that would be greatly appreciated.

Mains are Lili, Roger jr., Yoshimitsu, Kuma/ Panda, Dragonov. Anyone play on LIVE? If you do add me name is Deeves808.

Emily "Lili" Rochefort is one of my personal favourites, because of her cartwheeling attacks which are so... I can't put it in words.

My most despised characters are Eddy/Christie and Baek. The former two are extreme annoyance. Seriously, a newbie can just randomly mash buttons and win by sheer luck using them, that is so cheap, try to do that on lets say, XiaoYu and you're screwed. Baek on the other hand is pure spamming! Extreme annoyance when fighting him.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Emily "Lili" Rochefort is one of my personal favourites, because of her cartwheeling attacks which are so... I can't put it in words.

My most despised characters are Eddy/Christie and Baek. The former two are extreme annoyance. Seriously, a newbie can just randomly mash buttons and win by sheer luck using them, that is so cheap, try to do that on lets say, XiaoYu and you're screwed. Baek on the other hand is pure spamming! Extreme annoyance when fighting him.
Do you play on 360 or PS3?

Do you play on 360 or PS3?
I play it on my PSP.

P.S: Where does Lili learn to fight in the first place? People like Nina and Anna learn it from their parents. Because Lili's father obviously can't fight, and her mother is not mentioned anywhere. Guess she's the first in the family, and it's pretty impressive that she managed to learn how to do cartwheels and handstand attacks all by herself, considering she is in the upper class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)