Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having issues with trying to open Pokemon Online.
When ever I try opening it through the application itself or the shortcut, it immediately crashes.
I've uninstalled it & redownloaded it, but the problem still persists.

The error message is:
Pokemon-Online.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Just a typical client crash message.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dumb question (hell it probably shouldn't be asked here but...)

I was laddering like around 5:30 PM (EST) on my fresh alt (KGC Bomber) today, played in 3 matches and won them all, got 1135 points on the OU ladder. Afterwards I decided to relax and watch other people play... then the server randomly crash (Just stating this because I think it was cause my points to be lost.) and shortly afterwards I decided to go back on the ladder to see I lost all my points.

I know I wasn't on an different alt because all my matches are saved and the logs confirm that it was the same account. ;/

I just wonder, what happened to my points?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Apparently there has been some confusion with people accidentally logging onto the test server. Matches conducted on the test server will not count on the main server. I suspect this is what happened here.

The correct server has advanced connection info: 74.50.98.226:5048. It is currently not appearing on the registry.

I have adjusted my connect to :5048, which is what shows up in the registry, but since Saturday, I've been getting Connection timed out every time I try to connect. I had this problem before but it resolved itself. However I'd rather not wait for that this time! I can connect fine to other servers with similar port numbers, and my internet is fine. Hoping someone can help.

Error while connected to server -- Received error n�5: Connection timed out

ETA: Checked Malwarebytes' logs and searched through this thread -- sure enough, it's Malwarebytes -___- now to fix it. Sorry for the useless post. Both adding PO.exe to the ignore list (due to another, unrelated issue, I can't add IPs tothe ignore list because I don't see tray icons) and having Malwarebytes closed did not solve my problem. I checked the Task Manager and Malwarebytes is definitely not running. It's also not logging any blocks of Smogon while I have it closed, so it must be something else.

I have a big problem. On PO, whenever I press the "Find Battle" button or request for a battle manually, PO freezes, says "Not Responding" and eventually closes. I have no idea why, I've upgraded to the latest version, tried other servers but nothing changes.

I did just try PO on my desktop, it works as normal. I don't know if this problem is my laptop's problem or a problem with PO itself. My laptop runs XP. Also, I can't uninstall PO, I get an error message saying "This installation can only be uninstalled on 64 bit Windows". I have no idea what to do -___-

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uhhh post it on the forums, if it doesnt work after installing a new version. use a screenshot coyo fixes it pretty quickly. or try to find an older version of po

Rurushu

Sleepless Strategist
is a Past WCoP Champion
(12:41:12) Connected to Server! (12:41:12) Disconnected from Server!

I've been unable to log since last night when i suddenly got disconnected, i already tried advanced connection and there's nothing wrong with my router/firewall settings. I've had this issue in the past and it eventually fixed itself but i don't think i want to wait with the suspect test deadline being so close.

EDIT: nvm

Every time I get disconnected from the server I lose points. IDK if this is the right place to post this, I just wanted to point it out and hope it gets fixed.

Every time I get disconnected from the server I lose points. IDK if this is the right place to post this, I just wanted to point it out and hope it gets fixed.
Are you saying that you lose points if you d/c when you're in a battle or when you're not? If you are in a battle, and you get disconnected, you will lose points; it's not a glitch or anything, it's just the way pokemon online works.

For some reason whenever I load Pokémon Online, my PC gets a trojan and the same for Pokégen, and this is even when I redownload it off the website.

I mean, maybe it's not a trojan or something but it definitely gives me fake UAC messages, slows my PC down and is identified by my 2 antiviruses so yeah it's definitely dodgy whatever it is.

I imagine this is something on my end as opposed to on PO since I'm never heard of anyone else getting this trojan and it happens on Pokégen too but, can anyone think of a fix? Pretty sure it physically downloads this trojan when I open the programs because there's a bit of lag and they do get deleted by the antivirus every time. The main file of it is called diyypmmmgupagpxs.exe which definitely looks randomly generated and also dodgy so yeah.

whenever i have i try to log onto Smogon PO, it says Your client version (1.0.30) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.23). How do i switch to the version being used by Smogon?

whenever i have i try to log onto Smogon PO, it says Your client version (1.0.30) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.23). How do i switch to the version being used by Smogon?
The same thing has been happening to me, but when I go on now, I can't even access the server anymore. May somebody please help?

The same thing has been happening to me, but when I go on now, I can't even access the server anymore. May somebody please help?

Ditto. I am having problems accessing the server. My friend is also having problems. I'm guessing the server could be down. Anyone know for sure?

Hi. I was wondering if I could fix the register thing? Apparently, i forgot my password and it wont let me join the server. Ive unistalled po like 3 times and nothing works. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)