Team Weather Dominion [Latias + Luke Sweep Core]

Hey guys, ITSU here bringing you guys a rain team that i was fiddling around with for the past week. I've been switching out the pokemon that i wanted to base this team around, and i've finally found the pokemon that filled the hole very nicely, and that pokemon is Swords Dancing Lucario. Many teams are not prepared for him, and many teams get smashed by thinking that Gliscor or pokemon that resist fighting are a safe switch, or even pokemon that are faster, or think they could paralyze with Prankster or something similar. So without farther ado, i now give you Team Weather Dominion!

Walls and Support:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Protect
Politoed is a must for any rain team, mainly because 5th gen gave him a godly ability in Drizzle, which allows for perma-rain unless switched by another weather or Cloud nine. The set that i chose for this team was a set that i thought would be able to help me win weather wars, in terms of Toxic to wear down other weather inducers/Threats to rain, Refresh, to keep my Politoed healthy, and the EV spread, which is bulky enough to survive one or two unboosted Excadrill Earthquakes. I have scald as a damaging move, and also to inflict burns on steel types or pokemon that resist toxic. Finally, i have Protect there so that i can scout on pokemon that i think are choiced, and what pokemon's sets are. I also use it as a mini pseudo-recovery, which helped me out a few times this way as well.​

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
Skarmory is the pokemon that sets up stealth rocks for my team, and hazes out opposing threats to my team from setting up or sweeping. Skarmory usually does a great job at this, since Skarmory's ability sturdy got boosted majorly this generation as well, not being able to be OHKO'd by any attack, meaning that it can phaze out any pokemon or get up stealth rocks as long as his health is full. The moveset and EV spread are the standard spread, allowing me to wall many physical attacks, while being able to recover health, phaze pokemon out, put up an entry hazard in stealth rocks, and Brave Bird to damage pokemon and break balloons.​

Sweepers:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Latias is my calm mind sweeper, and is a very great partner to Lucario. Latias is also used as my special wall, being able to absorb many special attacks once i get up a calm mind boost or two, and being able to take all of the attacks that threaten lucario. The EV spread allows me to hit 300 speed, to outspeed neutral max speed base 100 pokemon, while still having as much physical bulk as possible to balance out the damage taken. The reason why i have no special attack EVs is because I dont really need them after a few calm mind boosts. The moveset is a little bit different than what you are used to, mainly because i put Surf in over Roar/Refresh/Sub/HP Fire/Fight. This is because I will get a pseudo stab boost with it during the rain, and it can hit many of the pokemon that Dragon Pulse cannot, or hit pokemon for more damage than dragon pulse, since it's super effective against many common pokemon, such as Terrakion or Infernape. The other moves on this latias are standard, so there isnt much else to explain here.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch​

Lucario is what i based the team around without knowing it. It was the perfect fit for many of my members, taking less damage from fire type attacks due to rain, having two ground immunities, and a fighting resist. Also, it has a great sweeper movepool when combined with the one on Latias. I chose the swords dance set since i already had a choice scarfer, and i had a special sweeper on my team already as well. Swords Dance set is also the best in my opinion since it gets access to plus 2 Extremespeed, which is the fastest attacking move in the game unless im msitaken. It has a very nice speed as well, and has a STAB CloseCombat. Ice Punch is for coverage against pokemon such as Gliscor and Celebi, who could otherwise wall me. I think that Lucario is one of the most underused sweepers in OU, and i dont see a reason why.​

Revenge killers:

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Trick
Rotom-Wash is always a good addition to any rain team, because of its boosted stab HydroPump, and being able to hit Thunder for 100% of the time. I chose the Choice scarf Rotom-Wash so that i could scout and revenge kill easily. Volt Switch is my main attack here, being able to hit and switch out to make a better matchup in my favor. Hydro Pump is good because i get a double stab boost, and is my main attack if i want to make a revenge kill that Volt Switch or Thunder will not kill. Thunder is for coverage, and to do more damage than Volt Switch, and trick is to cripple opponents that i have trouble with, or walls, such as Chansey, Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Gastrodon.​

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
Azumarill is my main revenge killer, being able to hit over 600 attack, with a dual stabbed Priority move that can do a mass amount of damage to any pokemon that doesnt resist it. Aqua Jet is my main attack for revenge killing, providing a great way to do so. Waterfall is for a stronger STAB move when i want to get a kill on something, and this usually does the trick, being a stronger Aqua Jet without priority. The last two moves, SuperPower, and Ice Punch are there for coverage, and arent used as much as the first two attacks, but still serve a purpose when trying to get a tricky KO.

Thanks for Reading, and please leave a thoughtful rate!

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello ITSU cool team. You have a lot of threats covered so theres not much to add. I'll just be nitpicking. Your Latias can use some refining. One of Latias' best traits is being able to stop Calm Mind Virizion and Calm Mind Reuniclus from setting up. Without Roar, your Latias loses to both and your other teamates can't do much to stop them after that. Surf is adding almost nothing in terms of coverage. You'll be using Dragon Pulse 9/10 unless you want to hit a steel for neutral damage. So I suggest simply using Roar over Surf. Speaking of Latias, I think you could give it some help when facing opposing rains teams. I recommend a bulkier spread of 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe on Rotom-W. You can still check Thundurus with this spread and after you trick away your Scarf, this spreads will help when taking on like stuff like Scizor or Gyarados. I also recommend using Will-O-Wisp over Thunder. With WoW you can cripple physical threats. This will greatly help when setting up with Lucario or Latias. The loss of Thunder also takes a bit of pressure of Politoed to get up rain which is always good. Perish Song on Politoed over Protect would do wonders for your team. It works great in tandem with Skarmory's Spikes and you now have some insurance against Baton Pass teams (which are apparently broken).

Everything else looks fine, good luck!

People don't use Lucario for the simple fact he is constantly OHKO'ed. I wouldn't use TrickScarf Rotom for the simple fact it's dead obvious most of the time.

Thanks for the rate guys.

@Brizznetz: yeah, i think that i need to get a stealth rocker on the team so skarmory could switch to spikes. I like your ideas though. They would really help out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)