Team Twilight Feast v2

Team Twilight Feast v2 [OU RMT]

Introduction: With Latias being moved up to Uber, I needed to recreate my Team, Team Twilight Feast. This is v2 (version2) and I actually like this one. All the Pokemon have been changed (lol). The team is based around Infernape since NAPE WILL RAPE this metagame, baby! Anyways lets take a glance at Team Twilight Feast v2!

Team at a Glance:
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

Team Twilight Feast v2

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Taunt

Earthquake

Roost

Stealth Rock

Oof. I love Gliscor. He can Taunt other leads and set up Stealth. Earthquake takes care of Heatran, Metagross, Infernape, etc., leads and is ideal for Lucario. Anyways, Gliscor has such an amazing Speed Stat, outrunning most other leads. I used Bulky EVs since I need him to stop stat-raising sweepers with Taunt and regain HP with Roost.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
Toxic

Protect

Wish

Seismic Toss

Ahhh, Blissey! Blissey is here to pretty much just heal my other Pokemon with Wish. Protect is there if I see an Explosion coming. Other than being my Wisher, Blissey can cripple sweepers and what not with Toxic. Seismic Toss is really good on Blissey as the higher the level of the foe, the greater the damage. See, everyone puts their Pokemon's level, 100, lol.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Surf

Thunderbolt

Ice Beam

Recover

Starmie replaces Latias on my team. They have a similiar Special Sweeper moveset and can become dangerous. Thunderbolt deals Gyarados with ease and good against Vappy as well. Surf is obvious and it can hit Infernape, Heatran, etc., for nice damage. Recover to regain HP to make for good sweeping later on in the battle and is good with Life Orb as an item.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Speed
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
Substitute

Will-o-wisp

Shadow Ball

Pain Split

I'm not kidding. After getting this suggested on my original Team Twilight, I was like I have to test this and it worked so great. WoW is a great way to crush Swampert and Shadow Ball for those Psychic-types. Pain Split is mainly to make it all even if you know what I mean ;). Substitute is there just to let me get off my WoW and hit nice damage from Shadow Ball.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
U-turn

Earthquake

Fire Blast

Outrage

I guess I can call this guy my Revenge Killer. He already has great speed and with Choice Scarf, he gets even faster. It deals great damage to all revenge killers but is eh against Weavile with Ice Shard. Fire Blast for Weavile, Scizor, and Jirachi. Earthquake for Jirachi, Tyranitar and Heatran. Outrage for Salamence revenge killers. What's there not to love?

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Nasty Plot

Close Combat

Grass Knot

Fire Blast

The star of the team and who the team is based on. Nasty Plot is to raise my Special Attack stat and can be hard to stop when Nape is going. Anyways, Close Combat handles Snorlax and pesky Blissey. Grass Knot for Suicune, Starmie, Swampert, Vaporeon, etc. Fire Blast over Flamethrower, because it can OHKO Gyarados and Salamence after SR damage.

Changes made to the team:
- Changed Roost on Gliscor to U-turn
- Changed Stone Edge on Gliscor to Earthquake
- Changed U-turn back to Roost on Gliscor
- Changed Psychic to Recover on Starmie
- Changed Expert Belt to Life Orb on Starmie
- Changed Calm Mind to Nasty Plot on Infernape

So...Rate My Team! :D

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I can immediately see that lead Azelf would cause your team hell of trouble, especially the double screening ones. Once it sets up Double Screens and switch to something like Gyarados to power-up, your entire team is pretty much done for. Also, Gliscor's Stone Edge doesn't really cover anything. Lucario with a single Swords Dance would terrorize your entire team. So replace it with Earthquake. If you really want better lead coverage, replace Roost with U-Turn. With U-Turn, against Azelf or Aerodactly leads, you can just hit-n-run and switch to Rotom-H or something to get rid of those pokemon.

There's no point in raising Infernape's Special Defense. Why? First, Infernape has no 'Defense' to speak of. Second, Infernape's packing Life Orb--which reduces Infernape's health whenever he lands a hit. Lastly, Infernape needs all the power he can get to be effective.

change infernape to the nasty plot set.....outclasses cm ape, fact. use nasty plot, flamethrower,focus blast, hp electric/vacuum wave (I'd reccomend grass knot but it is glitched on shoddy so it ignores all nasty plot boosts and life orb). EVs from analysis

You want me to change it, because NP is used more than CM? Your kidding? I will keep Calm Mind and Close Combat. I mean lol. Focus Blast has 70% accuracy, get outta here, ain't going to use that if I want a good sweep. I also have Grass Knot, if you read it -_-

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey! Don't really have time for a full rate, so I'll skip the team threats. Although, from the top of my head, it seems that ScarfMie will give this team trouble, especially if Blissey is gone (and if not, the least it gets is a Scarf from Trick). SubTran might also give you problems, and easily switches into that Rotom for a boost. I'd be more specific, but I'd rather focus on nitpicks/changes anyway.

Earthquake over Stone Edge on Gliscor has already been discussed, so no point in bringing it up again other than to second the change. You can consider U-Turn over Roost in order to beat Azelf leads and to become an effective scout, but if you're planning to keep Gliscor for later, Roost is viable. Both have their merits.

Consider Recover over Psychic on Starmie. Psychic for Machamp is great, but Machamp has problems with Lead Gliscor anyway (EQ is more often than not a 2HKO on Machamp), and you have Rotom who can Burn it easily. I don't see the need for such a dedicated move on this team, at all. Recover promotes a longer lasting Starmie, and really helps Starmie better in the long run. However, since Starmie now has a way to heal off damage, Life Orb in conjunction with Recover is something to look into.

I'm siding with Nasty Plot over Calm Mind on Infernape, hands down. Let's go over a few things, because it really seems like you're confused as to what the differences are between Nasty Plot and Calm Mind (this is no offense, of course, but more of helping you make the correct decision):

• Calm Mind boosts your Special Attack by one stage (1.5x or +1). Nasty Plot boosts your Special Attack by two stages (2x or +2). Therefore, Nasty Plot makes Infernape a better sweeper by far, which is the role it should be playing. It is not bulky, sorry.
  • A basic Vaporeon's Surf does 67.3% - 79.6% to Infernape after one Calm Mind boost. That's most likely the weakest STAB Surf in the OU metagame. Meanwhile, a +1 Grass Knot does not 2HKO after Lefties + Protect. That's quite sad, honestly. Special Attackers that beat Infernape, even weak ones, will still beat Infernape, even with Calm Mind.
  • Infernape is still going to get crushed by Physical attacks. Boosting your Special Defense by one stage...isn't going to save it. Being at +1 SpA isn't OHKO'ing much either.
This is the truth, facts and all. Nasty Plot is superior to Calm Mind on Infernape for all of these reasons (plus the fact that there's no positives to Calm Mind on Infernape either). Also, consider Fire Blast over Flamethrower for maximum power. Without it, NPApe cannot OHKO Gyarados and Salamence after SR damage.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well the team look almost finshed really unless you are having certain troubles. However I am not sure on Bliisey on the team. Personally I would prefer a Wish+ CM Jirachi over BLissey so that your offensive momentun does not get hampered. Its also worth considering Grass Knot on Starmie perhapes over Recover since Swampert canhamer your team. Infernape is your best answer to it but it cannot switch in. Swampert with Ice Beam and a STAB move (either earthquake or Waterfall/Surf) wil blst through Infernape, Flygon, Gliscor, and Blissey hats taking physical hits as well.

Thats all I really see

Have a Nice Day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)