Team S-Storm [OU RMT]

This is a team I made recently based on using mostly unloved Pokémon to counter the most prominent metagame threats. It ended up having Pokémon whose nicknames (or mostly names) all began with S. So naturally, I capitalized on this pre-made theme and team S-Storm was born!
The main purpose of this team is to shut down sweepers with ThunderWave and Will-o-wisp, which leaves Scizor and Spiritomb free to set up attacks on Pokémon that can't harm them and go to town with massively boosted stats.[/color]
Team at a glance:

Sapphire Sword (Lucario) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch
An interesting anti-lead that can take down almost anything not Ghost-Type if it's undamaged. Metagross, Heatran, and Azelf all hate this thing. Thunderpunch is for wiping out Bulky Waters (Read: Gyarados) late game. I'm thinking about Ice Punch for all the (BAN ME PLEASE) Gliscors who try to wall it, though.
---

GoldBug (Scizor) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
Scizor with a defensive bent. HP EVs and Roost, and lefties, keep her in the fight a long time. It may seem like many Pokémon can wall this, but I won't be keeping her in on many fire types anyway on account of trash speed and massive weawkness anyway, and the others have a hard time doing a whole lot while I boost up to +6 and rip them apart with my two STAB moves. I'm satisfied with this set.
---

Elevator Music (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 40 HP/252 Def/216 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Slowbro, another very underrated Pokémon. This guy takes on Salamence and wins with unsuprising regularity. Most other physical attackers simply hate him for how hard he is to take out. Thunder Wave is a lovely deterrent (and helps with setting up), and Surf/Ice Beam hits a lot hard.
---

I can has hat? (Swampert) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/140 Def/52 SAtk/76 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
Mixpert with a twist. This set can take hits like it's supposed to, but with LO damage the output goes way above what's expected. Generally my counter for most Electric types who think HP Grass will be enough.
------

Your Ex-Girlfriends (Spiritomb) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Will-o-wisp
Just like your ex-girlfriends: Never seems to go away, keeps getting worse and worse, and burns you when you least expect it. Can take many physical hits, almost completely walls a lot of Pokémon running Ghost/Fighting for the "perfect coverage". After two CMs, she's almost impossible to take out. She gets completely walled by many normal-types like Blissey and Snorlax, but she can at least Pain Split them to get HP back and then run away to Lucario. A very good attacker and defender.
---

Serebii (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 100 HP/156 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Huzzah, Scarfbii! More effective than Skymin in my opinon, this bad boy (or whatever, since it doesn't have a gender) rips through unprepared foes with STAB Leaf Storm and Psychic. HP Fire is for Steels that it's forced up against, and U-Turn is for early game scouting. Not super bulky, but can still take a hit or three.
Comments, rates, "I'm going to steal this team"s?
---

Alright, I notice your team has a slight problem with u turn. Only two things on your team resist, and neither are especially loving taking U turns left and right. I would suggest maybe a scarftran over celebi, but since your scizor is bulky you may not have too big a problem.

Hope I helped, and good luck

Why is your Lucario a good anti-lead? A Yanmega, Roserade or Hippowdown can could bring problems. Especially if you don't have :Lum Berry. Also you want to use Psychic with Slowbro instead of Ice Beam because of STAB and its better for taking out water types (and most Grass Typesare also Poison types).

U-Turn only tends to be a problem from Scizor, as he's the only one who hits hard enough to deal real damage (with Choice Band). However, Spiritomb really isn't doing its job too well, since by the time it's gotten Calm Mind up it tends to have taken irreparable damage. Any suggestions on replacing it?

@AK47cannon: Out of the three leads you listed, Yanmega is practically nonexistant, Roserade can be dealt with by simply switching to Celebi for the Psychic or absorbing sleep and switching to something else, and Hippowdon loses one on one most times. +4 SD Close Combat is an OHKO, and since most Hippowdon waste their first turn with Stealth Rock, I'll probably get it.

joshe

the best
U-Turn only tends to be a problem from Scizor, as he's the only one who hits hard enough to deal real damage (with Choice Band). However, Spiritomb really isn't doing its job too well, since by the time it's gotten Calm Mind up it tends to have taken irreparable damage. Any suggestions on replacing it?
Maybe Rotom-A would be better:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 Hp/168 Def/88 Spd or
252 Hp/252 Def/6 SpAtk
Bold
-Discharge
-
Overheat
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadowball

Helps support the team and Imo better than Spiritomb with more immunities. Just a suggestion.

Hope I helped, and Good Luck with the team =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)