Team Megan Fox Is NOT Hot! [Peaked #28 on Leaderboard]

Since Latias is now removed from the standard ladder, I second the suggestion above of removing Scarf Tyranitar for Scizor. Mamoswine is sort of an issue to this team, and although uncommon, Scizor helps out with that a lot. Scizor also helps a bit with the semi Dragon Dance Salamence weakness, especially if Suicune has taken any prior damage at all.

Additionally, I suggest maxing the speed of Salamence. Fire Blast is still pretty powerful without those EV's in special attack, and the speed is much more important to at least speed-tie Jirachi and opposing Salamence. The increased power of Fire Blast pales in comparison to tying base 100 speed Pokemon.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really like the switch to train over swampert but whatever.

O.K with the change to Heatran over Swampert you are now very DD mence weak. Your only chance to to lure an Outrage with Slalmence and then double switch to Heatran. However you then have to explode on it which weakens your bulky water check. Also even if you use this stratigy you struggle to deal with Bulky waters as Heatran needs a bit of HP to survive powerful Hydro Pumps from Starmie even with a passho berry.

I am going to suggest Ice Beam over Sleep talk since you really need a check to Mence since it now destrys you. It was maily this reason why I liked swampert since it checks Mence well but what's done is done.
Also with Latias gone you will see DD salamence more often unless you retire this team until Salamence is banned (which is a possiablility)

Have a Nice Day!

I don't really like the switch to train over swampert but whatever.

O.K with the change to Heatran over Swampert you are now very DD mence weak. Your only chance to to lure an Outrage with Slalmence and then double switch to Heatran. However you then have to explode on it which weakens your bulky water check. Also even if you use this stratigy you struggle to deal with Bulky waters as Heatran needs a bit of HP to survive powerful Hydro Pumps from Starmie even with a passho berry.

I am going to suggest Ice Beam over Sleep talk since you really need a check to Mence since it now destrys you. It was maily this reason why I liked swampert since it checks Mence well but what's done is done.
Also with Latias gone you will see DD salamence more often unless you retire this team until Salamence is banned (which is a possiablility)

Have a Nice Day!
63.8% - 75.4% from LO starmie hydro pump to the Tran, and you don't play it like 'take some outrages, survive a few hydro pumps...explode'...this Heatran before taking any hits does not struggle to deal with bulky waters. It aims to eliminate bulky waters early. Stealth rock -> explode on waters face.

Salamence isn't setting up on anyone bar Suicune without taking major amounts of damage incase you havn't noticed, look at the team before you say 'Mence weak even though it can only set up on 1 poke'.
I'd actually suggest using the 16hp/224def/16spe/252SpAtk HP electric,ice beam, surf,calm mind Suicune because of this. Evs are basically making it defensive as possible after distributing spec atk and speed.

Scizor would be a fine addition for your team over Scarftar though for a little insurance.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
63.8% - 75.4% from LO starmie hydro pump to the Tran, and you don't play it like 'take some outrages, survive a few hydro pumps...explode'...this Heatran before taking any hits does not struggle to deal with bulky waters. It aims to eliminate bulky waters early. Stealth rock -> explode on waters face.

Salamence isn't setting up on anyone bar Suicune without taking major amounts of damage incase you havn't noticed, look at the team before you say 'Mence weak even though it can only set up on 1 poke'.

Actually it can also set up on a scarf tar earthquake and suicune. I have looked at the team before saying mence weak and (to me) being able to set up on 1/3 of your team and then sweeping easily screams mence weak.

And doing misquote what I was saying. When I was discussing Heatran I was using it as an example to show the only way he could manage Mence. I know very well how that Heatran set works and have even seen it used against me and against others. However my point was that Heatran would (Ideally) prefer to be in perfect (or at least high health) so that it can take Starmie's Hydro Pumps better. When I was using it in the salamence example I was saying that while luring an outrage and then switching to Heatran is his best chance at beating salamece I also stated that doing this is less than ideal since you lose your water check. This means that at a simple level I was stating that using Heatran to try and stop mence does not work as it then leaves you open to bulky waters.

Obviously I worded the above post poorly enough that you did not get my meaning and I am sorry for this. However do not dare acuse me of not looking at a team before I (to use your words) "scream mence weak".

Have a Nice Day!

Tar checks starmie. Jirachi sets up on most bulky waters. In the case of Gyara, he can go to Mence for an intimidate and back to rachi to finish gyara. (I have a team just like this so i know). Mence has SR and sandstorm to worry about. If it can't outrage then its useless. Trying to outrage on cune/mence will just end in a rachi revenge. Double switching would help him a lot with setting up on ttar though.

Give cune 20 speed evs to outspeed defensive rotom. It helps buttloads against heavy stall. Tar isn't powerful enough to ohko and gets hit by a burn more often than not.

Thanks to everyone for their great rates. Scarf Tyranitar is too big a pokémon to lose, so i'll look into a different suicune set. Having Suicune outspeed things such as Adamant Lucario, Zapdos, Breloom and Rotom would be a great addition and I know from previous experience how well it does late game in sweeping teams. This gives Salamence only 1 pokemon it can come in and set up on, if it doesn't get surprisingly OHKOd by Machamp or Suicune first. If I give Suicune enough EVs, it can outspeed Mamoswine and OHKO with Hydro Pump.

Thankyou to everyone for their great suggestions and i'd like more ideas on the Suicune set.

1. Sounds like you want some 172 HP / 120 SpA / 216 Spe with a Timid nature :P that outspeeds the base 80s as you wanted (mamo), adamant lucario etc..whilst giving a lefties number with a fair amount of bulk to help you check things more effectively. this gives a nice blend of speed,bulk and power (i prefer the spread i am about to mention though), and use leftovers, lo is a waste of that bulk.

2. An alternative, more bulky spread is 16 HP / 224 Def / 252 SpAtk / 16Spe with a bold nature. This lets you counter things like Gyarados extremely well. Once again use leftovers. Evs outspeed the resttalk rotom and can help against stall for this reason. 16hp gives a lefties number. Max spec atk to hit as hard as possible. The remainder goes into defence to give the best possible physically defensive spread.

3. If none of the above floats your boat... the simple 4 HP / 252SpAtk / 252Spe can be used with a Timid nature. Leftovers is advised once again, but LO CAN be used if you really want. I wouldn't reccomend this set as you only need to outspeed the base 80s and adamant lucario importantly.

The moveset for this Suicune is calm mind, hp electric, ice beam, surf (I'd never use hydro pump unless you were going for the pure offensive set).

I think the top set makes the best use out of Suicunes brilliantly distributed stats in speed, defences and special attack and brings a bit of a defensive pivot to your team whilst being a definite threat throughout games. Yeah these are basically all your Cune options if you want the moveset above (the one that lets nothing setup on you!!!). Try all the spreads and just see which one fits you best.

Nice team you got here, and grats on the LeaderBoard.

I would first change the EV Spread of your Suicune to:

Timid @ Leftovers - 32HP/252SpAtk/224Speed
(Keep the same moves)

Your team is bulky, but offensive. I think the lack of initial firepower from the get-go could hurt you. People have suggested bulkier sets, but I disagree. This Suicune can sweep entire teams after a single Calm Mind, AND has the chance to take out a Breloom after SR and a surf. After a calm mind- Breloom is guarenteed OhKo'd. The speed investment allows it to outspeed most other offensive cunes, as well as Jolly Max speed Gyarados.

Although it may seem like a silly thing, Scarf-Ape can do a number to this team. And generally, teams with Scarf Ape are accompanied by offensive sweepers like Jolteon or Starmie. A combination of ape + jolt would really hurt your team. Not really a lot you can do for that, just warning you about it if you continue to use this team.

Flygon seems like it would be somewhat of an issue, causing you to switch often enough (Jirachi,Ttar, Heatran, Salamence) Just another thing to watch out for.

All in all, a good team. Watch out for aforementioned threats, and it should perform fantastically (like it already has) Like the synergy, and the bulkiness of it. :)

Thanx for the rate Alex.

The suicune set looks good, but I lose the ability to switch into DD Mence without being OHKOd by Outrage. Being able to KO Breloom is a nice addition, but this way I fail to take much physical damage. With a late game sweep, it would be very effective to have maximum attacking potential. I don't feel outpacing Jolly Max Speed Gyarados is that helpful, as it will usually DD on the first turn, and if it waterfall's to scout, it's going to switch expecting the HP Electric, since it can see the high damage done by Waterfall [So they know it's offensive Cune].

I will however change the EVs so I have more Attacking power and a little less bulk.

Meh, bulk is important on Cune, and considering you will most likely have +1 when you meet Breloom, you will deal 117.9% - 139.2% with the spread you already had with ice beam. Change isn't necessary.

ginganinja

@Causal mence is unable to set up now bwith the change in suicune set. Therefore it is very hard for it to get a DD off.

The only things that scarf T-tar handles better than scizor are Rotom and (argubly) Starmie. Starmie is handles by Heatran and Rotom has issues with Heatran, Machamp and Jirachi (authough Machamp hates Will-o-Wisp). I do think that Scizor is more beneficial to your team now but I guess its up to you.

Anyway

Have a Nice Day!

@Causal mence is unable to set up now bwith the change in suicune set. Therefore it is very hard for it to get a DD off.

The only things that scarf T-tar handles better than scizor are Rotom and (argubly) Starmie. Starmie is handles by Heatran and Rotom has issues with Heatran, Machamp and Jirachi (authough Machamp hates Will-o-Wisp). I do think that Scizor is more beneficial to your team now but I guess its up to you.

Anyway

Have a Nice Day!
that was more towards the old team, didnt see the 2nd page, and didnt see the new suicune. obv with the new changes ddmence is a bit easier to handle, but as for the old set up, it was very ddmence weak :P

Scarf Tyranitar is a humungous help with Revenge killing. MixApe {As for every team} is a bit of a problem, so I can switch in Tyranitar to handle it. Suicune isn't OHKO's but can't switch in on a FB and outpseed, so Infernape is a bit of a problem.

If Scarf Ttar is replaced with a Scizor, the capabilities of taking out Infernape are demolished and it sweeps throughout my team. Starmie is going to be a very common pokémon from now on, so Tyranitar also helps me in countering it.

Thanks for your input, and I will think about Scizor.

scarf ttar helps out way to much to replace it. the team has been working solid, only losing to a random misplay. again, the only somewhat problem is ddmence, but as long as you just atk and not allow set up should be fine. wish explosion KOd full health bulky waters though lol.

There's no typo. Suicune's working better with the current EVs.
DD Mence is a somewhat problem. Switching Suicune in on the first turn isn't always a great idea, because MixMence will destory me with a Draco Meteor. Jirachi lives a +1 Earthquake and I deal ~40% or try to paralyze it.

Priority would be a good thing on this team... Tyranitar is way too important to replace. I find Suicune the worst link in this team, with it's inability to switch into anything except Heatran and a few other pokémon. I might consider switching out Suicune for something..

There's no typo. Suicune's working better with the current EVs.
DD Mence is a somewhat problem. Switching Suicune in on the first turn isn't always a great idea, because MixMence will destory me with a Draco Meteor. Jirachi lives a +1 Earthquake and I deal ~40% or try to paralyze it.

Priority would be a good thing on this team... Tyranitar is way too important to replace. I find Suicune the worst link in this team, with it's inability to switch into anything except Heatran and a few other pokémon. I might consider switching out Suicune for something..
i do agree that suicune is the weak link on this team. the only time i ever switch it in is when i go to heatran, set up rocks as their heatran comes in, and then i can go to it. although it does have a plus side in drawing out the blissy, which allows jirachi to come in and calm mind up, and they usually keep blissy in thinking they can beat it, until they see wish lol.

Does anyone have any ideas of a Suicune replacement? It really hasn't done very well. The replacement has to be able to deal eith Mamoswine, Lucario and Heatran, while providing some offensive power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)