Team Megan Fox is Hot but not THAT hot

Team Megan Fox is Hot but not THAT hot (Peaked 37th on Suspect)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Hi, this is my first actually successful suspect team, peaking at #37 on the Suspect ladder before it starting falling back down the ladder. While the RMT is called "Team Megan Fox is Hot but not THAT hot", I usually refer to it as Team "Royalty" as I laddered under the alt King Fightmaster and each pokemon has a nickname involving Kings. This team tries to achieve a Scizor sweep by eliminating Scizor's counters via Shaymin and the rest of the team.

In the absence of Salamence, many pokemon such as Heatran and Shaymin are rising in usage to the point where Fire/Water/Grass cores are being more and more viable. Scizor, one of my favorite OU pokemon is a lot less used (IE its only used on some teams, not 99% of them) since its not needed to check Mence and Heatran is extremely commmon now. So I decided to see where Scizor could be useful in this new metagame by basing a team around it.

At this point I wondered where to go with this team, but I kept hearing about how awesome Shaymin was in the new metagame, and I thought about it. Shaymin shares some common counters with Scizor in Heatran and Zapdos, so it could be a great lure as it can OHKO Heatran with Earth Power and lure in Zapdos for something else to handle. But in order for it to stay Heatran's to stay in, I need to bluff a Choice item since most LO Heatrans (Since I can't beat scarfed ones obviously) wouldn't stay in if they knew that an Earth Power was coming, so I tried an Expert belt and it worked wonders.

Now like I said before, Fire/Water/Grass cores are much more viable. With this in mind, I decided to add 2 pokemon that could help me defensively. Vaporeon and Heatran came to mind instantly. Wish support from Vaporeon could increase the longevity of my team while Heatran could revenge kill pokemon that threaten my team. So I threw those 2 in.

Now Zapdos was still a problem that needed to be worked around and I needed a pokemon to set up rocks and lead against pokemon like Azelf and Roserade. Having used Tyranitar a lot of times in the past, I knew that it was affective at both of these so I tried the lead set with a few adjustments that I'll map out later.

Now to assist Tyranitar with some leads it has trouble against like Metagross and Machamp. I asked around and somebody suggested Reflect Rotom. Reflect adds a lot of physical bulk to my team which lets it stand up to things like Lucario and Infernape's Close Combats.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------The Team------------------------------------

King Vulcan (Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP/116 Spd/144 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

As suggested, I changed my lead from Lead Tar to a bulky Heatran Lead, and its been working wonders so far. Thanks to its speed and bulk I can Taunt slower leads like Metagross and Swampert and survive the impending EQ's with my Shuca Berry. Later in the match it serves as one of my answers to stall since it outruns most pokemon on a stall team and it can taunt them so their either forced to attack weakly or switch. It functions pretty similarly to a regular Leadtran, if I face a lead thats faster and has a super effective move on me I'll have to switch out to something like, lets say Vaporeon if I'm facing a Lead Ape. The EVs give me maximum bulk while being able to outrun max speed neutral Metagrosses. Fire Blast and Earth Power let me beat most OU leads while Taunt lets me stop slower ones that have no problem with either, such as Swampert.

---

King Ray (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball

Now, there are some opposing leads that Tyranitar and my whole team just have trouble with. Mainly Machamp and Metagross. Reflect Rotom can turn a Machamp's Payback into a 3-4HKO while I can just Thunderbolt away at it. Reflect combined with Rotom's resists increases the overall bulk of the team while serving as a main counter to certain Pokemon like Gyarados. Reflect also gives me the ability for Scizor to Swords Dance on more physical threats.

The EVs let me outrun Standard Rotom-A's incase of a situation where I'd need to keep it in instead of using Tyranitar. The moveset is standard but the option of Pain Split being on there is something I've been thinking about. The set lets me play both defensively and offensively which is a good thing to be able to do when running bulky offense since being able to play effectively under different situations is important for any team.

---

King Plato (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Surf
- Protect

Vaporeon is the backbone of the team. Wish support increases the durability of the entire team so when pokemon like Tyranitar get weak I can heal them up so they can continue doing their job. The moveset is fairly standard but works well enough that a change isn't needed. Ice Beam lets me effectively handle Dragonite without much problems. Protect lets me scout moves and avoid KO's via wish. Surf lets me pick off weakened pokemon like Tyranitar and Scizor thanks to my 68 speed EVs. Along with Heatran and Shaymin, Vap makes up my Fire/Water/Grass. These cores work off each other's resistances to counter threats. Vaporeon can wish and keep Heatran alive which allows it to stop Lucarios and other tough pokemon.

Vaporeon is my main line of defense and support because of Wish's usefulness. A lot of times a Wish can win me the match (As corny as that sounds) because sometimes I need to be able to switch in safely and Wish almost assures that my pokemon come in healthy.

---

King Pin (Tyranitar) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Another suggestion I got was to use Tyranitar. CB Tar gives my team a lot of raw power that I could use when facing pokemon my team has trouble against such as Blissey. In fact Blissey is the main reason I opted for this. Pursuit puts huge dents in the thing regardless if it switches or not. And because so many people use Choice items on their pokemon, Pursuit becomes even more useful as they would have to choose between either staying in and doing little damage with a resisted attack or switching and losing a huge chunk of health or even being KO'd. Part of the reason I used Tyranitar in the first place is its ability to counter Zapdos so effectively. Its sandstorm and natural bulk lets it sponge special attacks in general but Zapdos targeted because its a pokemon in OU that single-handedly destroys Fire/Water/Grass cores. Tyranitar sponges and KO's Zapdos with Stone Edge which lets my entire team function more better. The EVs let me outspeed Skarmory's so I can 2HKO before it can roost off the damage.

---

King Carrot (Shaymin) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Air Slash

This the MVP for my team in most matches. Expert Belt Shaymin is an amazing Heatran lure. Since Heatran is the most common pokemon in Suspect, and its Scizor's number 1 counter, I needed a pokemon to lure out and KO it. Enter Shaymin. Shaymin baits Heatrans into switching in on a Seed Flare and since theres no recovery or recoil, they think that its a Choice Specs or Scarf variant of Shaymin and stay in while I KO their Heatran's with Earth Power. Its also a good pokemon for baiting Zapdos's so they can be taken out by a good Stone Edge from Tyranitar. Its also a suprisingly solid special sweeper after the opponent knows what set I'm actually running, 2HKO most switch-ins that don't directly resist my attacks.

EVs are pretty standard, Max SpA/Max Speed and a Timid nature to outspeed neutral base 100's. Seed Flare and HP Fire give me good coverage on most OU's while Earth Power lets me hit the ones that resists both moves and Air Slash is mainly filler but it helps me with Fighting types like Breloom.

---

King Crimson (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 188 HP/252 Atk/60 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brick Break

Now we reach the culmination of my team's efforts, Bulky SD Scizor was a monster in OU and since no one really goes out of their way to carry more than one Scizor counter, this combined with Shaymin can literally bring down teams. With the defensive EVs and Scizor's resists, I can easily get 2 or 3 SD's down then Bullet punch my way to a win. Brick Break gives me an attack to suprise Magnezones that would try to switch in and trap me. I chose Superpower over Brick Break because of the fact that its redundant to boost my stats then lower them again everytime something that resists Bullet Punch comes along. This set isn't only a Swords Dancer, its also a competent revenge killer with Bullet Punch. The EVs give me maximum bulk while being able to outspeed Skarmory. This bulk lets me set up on pokemon that I normally wouldn't be able to, like bulky waters such as Vaporeon.

---

------------------------------------Threat List------------------------------------

Threat List
------------------------------------------------------------------

The description next to it describes my intial switch in or lack there of.

• Green means they are not a problem for me.
  • Orange means they can cause a bit of trouble.
  • Red means they are very difficult to take down.
Offensive Threats
Aerodactyl : Vaporeon is a reliable switch in for Aerodactyls in the middle of the match.

• Lead : Tyranitar Stone edges it while it SR/Taunt while Rotom absorbs the EQ and kills it.
  • Choice Bander : Scizor can Bullet Punch it easily.

---
Azelf : Tyranitar

• Nasty Plot : Tyranitar can beat it but it would take a dent from it, Scizor can revenge kill it regardless.
  • Lead : Tyranitar KOs it easily.
  • Life Orb Sweeper : Tyranitar can sponge it attacks and KO it or force it to explode.

---
Breloom : Send something in to take the Spore and switch to Rotom

• Sub Spore : ^^^^^^^^^^

---
Dragonite : Scizor so it can take the expected Draco Meteor.

• MixNite : Scizor can take Draco Meteors then I'll switch to Vaporeon so it can Ice Beam it or force it out.
  • DDNite : Vaporeon can survive a boosted Outrage and Ice Beam it back. Scizor can revenge kill it.

---
Electivire : Rotom stops it cold

• Physical Coverage : ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Mixed Vire : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---
Empoleon : Vaporeon

• Sub Peyata : Just let Heatran revenge kill it.
  • Lead : Vaporeon can switch in and force it out.

---
Flygon : Rotom can take U-turns and EQs easily.

• Bander : Rotom can take the U-Turn and set up Reflect.
  • Scarfer : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Life Orb : Rotom can handle that and Vaporeon can Wish off the Outrage/Draco Meteor damage.

---
Gengar : Heatran can come in cause most don't Focus Blast from the get go.

• Sweeper : Heatran can revenge kill it.
  • Sub Pain Split : Scizor can beat it because most don't have space for HP Fire.

---
Gyarados : Rotom is a good switch in for it.

• DDGyara : Rotom can switch in, take a Waterfall and Thunderbolt it.
  • Resttalk : Mostly on Stall teams, and it switches in on Scizor so I can weaken it with Bullet Punches and SR. Rotom can also take care of it.
  • Sub Bounce : Rotom can beat it and it resists Bounce.

---
Heatran : Vaporeon is my man switch in.

• Scarf : Vaporeon can use it as Wish fodder.
  • Lead : Tyranitar 2HKOs it.
  • LO Tran : Switch in Vaporeon and bait a HP Grass for Heatran to switch in for.

---
Heracross : Rotom beats it under all situations

• Scarfed : ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Banded : ^^^^^^^^^^^^

---
Infernape : Vaporeon is it's #1 counter now that Latias is banned.

• Mixape : Vaporeon switches in and uses it as wish fodder.
  • LeadApe : Vaporeon beats it again.

---
Jirachi : Heatran takes Iron Heads and can Fire Blast it.

• Sub CM : Heatran can run damage control really quickly and Fire Blast it.
  • Lead/Choice Scarf : Heatran can beat again.
  • Support : Rotom can stop it pretty easily.

---
Jolteon : Tyranitar

• Specs : Tyranitar can take Thunderbolts pretty well and Stone Edge it.
  • Baton Pass : Tyranitar forces it out.

---
Kingdra : Vaporeon can take its attacks pretty effectively.

• DD King : Vaporeon can beat it.
  • Mixed : Vaporeon can still beat it.

---
Lucario : Rotom is a good switch in.

• SD Lucario : Heatran can revenge kill it.
  • Specs : Rotom can absorb Aura Spheres and Vacuum Waves and Overheat it to death.

---
Machamp : Rotom comes in on Dynamic Punch well and reflects.

• Resttalk : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Lead : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---
Magnezone: Usually comes in on Scizor so I don't have a switch in.

• Choice Scarf : Heatran revenge kills it.
  • Sub Rise : Rotom can stop it affectively.

---
Mamoswine : Rotom can switch in and Overheat.

• Bander : ^^^^^^^^^^^ and Scizor can revenge kill it
  • Lead : ^^^^^^^^^^

---
Metagross : Rotom

• Lead : Rotom can switch in and force it out
  • AgiliGross : See above.

---
Roserade : Tyranitar beats all Roserade leads

• Lead : Yeah see above.

---
Rotom-A : Tyranitar

• Scarfer : Tyranitar can force it out.
  • Defensive : Lure out a Will-o-wisp and OHKO with Fire Blast.

---
Scizor : Rotom

• SD Scizor : Bullet Punch barely dents it and KOs.
  • Choice Band : Heatran does basically nothing and it KOs.

---
Smeargle : Tyranitar shuts down leads

• Lead : See above.
  • Baton Pass : Tyranitar can take the spore and then I'll revenge kill it with Heatran.

---
Starmie : Vaporeon absorbs Surf and lures in a Thunderbolt for Tyranitar to come in and Payback it.

• Rapid Spin : Above.
  • Life Orb : Let Heatran revenge kill it.

---
Togekiss : Let something take a paralysis and let Rotom come in on the Air Slash

• Para-Hax : Above.

---
Tyranitar : No initial switch

• Choice Band : If I predict a Crunch or Pursuit I'll go to Scizor, EQ goes to Rotom and Stone Edge goes to Vap.
  • DDTar : Bullet Punch with Scizor and go to Vaporeon.

---
Weavile : Scizor

• SD Vile : Scizor
  • CB Vile : Scizor

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey : Nothing, I have to lure it in and explode on it.

• Wish Bliss : ^
  • Cleric : ^
  • Charm Bliss : ^

---
Bronzong : Rotom

• Lead/Standard : Rotom can stop it cold.
  • Dual Screen : ^
  • Rest Talk : ^

---
Celebi : Shaymin can take a Grass Knot/Leaf Storm, outspeed and Air Slash it.

• Subseed : Shaymin again.
  • Defensive : Tyranitar can Payback it when it uses Grass Knot.

---
Forretress : Rotom

• Rapid Spinner : Rotom KOs it and stops Rapid Spin.

---
Gliscor : Vaporeon but Toxic is always threatening.

• Stall Breaker : Shaymin can come in on EQs and Seed Flare it.
  • Defensive : Vaporeon.

---
Hippowdon : Vaporeon

• Standard Wall : Vaporeon

---
Skarmory : Rotom

• Standard : Rotom can switch in and threaten a Thunderbolt
  • Taunt : ^^^^^^^^^^^

---
Snorlax : Got nothing. Thank God its not common though.

• CurseLax : ^
  • CB Lax : ^

---
Suicune
: Vaporeon can PP stall it out as long as it doesn't have HP Electric

• Crocune : Completely stops it.
  • Offensive CM : I need to have Heatran explode on it.

---
Swampert : Shaymin

• Mixpert : Shaymin forces it out.
  • CursePert : Shaymin outspeeds and OHKOs.

---
Tentacruel : Rotom

• Rapid Spinner : Rotom comes in and Thunderbolts it. Scizor can set up on it as long as it doesn't have Haze.

---
Vaporeon : Scizor can take its Surfs and set up on it.

• Wisher : ^ Yeah that.

---
Zapdos : Tyranitar

• Physically Defensive : ^
  • Specially Defensive : ^
  • Offensive : ^

---

Be advised that Rotom is often switching into Machamp and therefore is probably taking ~50% on the switchin from an oft-predicted Payback, meaning you will have to work very carefully around Machamp. Also beware of Magnezone: a substituting+3 attacks one can get through Tyranitar after revenge-killing your Heatran or Scizor and just be a pain, since Rotom can only break the Sub with OverHeat.

I'm probably looking too deeply into this, but beware of Choice Banders, as they can make Vaporeon's life of a Wisher very difficult-Heracross with Night Slash is a paper-counter to your team, and even Mamoswine with Stone Edge can get through Rotom if it takes too many hits. This is mainly a problem because Tyranitar's Sandstream works against half of the team.

Give Shaymin Rest over Air Slash - Hidden Power Fire does enough to Breloom and Machamp takes more from Seed Flare than Air Slash. You should be behind a Reflect at this point so it's not as much of an issue taking a DynamicPunch.

The team mostly has a problem with Stall: $~BlIsSkArM~$(If Skarm has Taunt/Is faster than your TTar) walls your entire team, and the only thing you can do about that is blow up Heatran. My suggestion is to switch Tyranitar with a more defensive lead Heatran than standard with Taunt(Near-Max HP/Special Defense) and either a Trick Metagross+3 Attacks or a CBTyranitar with a Max HP setup. TrickGross(Scarf) allows you to play around with things like offensive Suicune and Skarmory that like to Spike your field(5/6 of your Pokes are grounded) but CBTar can come in on a Taunted Blissey and do ~34 with a Pursuit when it doesn't switch, potentially clearing the way for Shaymin in the late-game.

Give Shaymin Rest over Air Slash - Hidden Power Fire does enough to Breloom and Machamp takes more from Seed Flare than Air Slash. You should be behind a Reflect at this point so it's not as much of an issue taking a DynamicPunch.

The team mostly has a problem with Stall: $~BlIsSkArM~$(If Skarm has Taunt/Is faster than your TTar) walls your entire team, and the only thing you can do about that is blow up Heatran. My suggestion is to switch Tyranitar with a more defensive lead Heatran than standard with Taunt(Near-Max HP/Special Defense) and either a Trick Metagross+3 Attacks or a CBTyranitar with a Max HP setup. TrickGross(Scarf) allows you to play around with things like offensive Suicune and Skarmory that like to Spike your field(5/6 of your Pokes are grounded) but CBTar can come in on a Taunted Blissey and do ~34 with a Pursuit when it doesn't switch, potentially clearing the way for Shaymin in the late-game.
Tried each of these changes and they work really well so far, I'm thinking of changing them permanently if they continue working well.

Just to let you know, your threat list has a few mistakes. Scarftran cant revenge SubPetaya Empoleon because it outspeeds it after the agility, and Vaporeon cant PP stall Suicune its the other way around. Assuming it has Rest/Calm Mind/Surf/Ice Beam.

Just to let you know, your threat list has a few mistakes. Scarftran cant revenge SubPetaya Empoleon because it outspeeds it after the agility, and Vaporeon cant PP stall Suicune its the other way around. Assuming it has Rest/Calm Mind/Surf/Ice Beam.
Yeah I kind of rushed the Threat List so I didn't take the time to see what I'd do for specific threats like Suicune. I'll change it later.

Hey. Cool team but I see some more potential I can unlock. First off, what's the purpose of Vaporeon on this team? Wish support? Imo wish support isn't needed on an offensive team like this. Your goal for this team is to sweep with Scizor, correct? With Shaymin killing Heatran, Tyranitar trapping Rotom, Scizor has an easy time sweeping. However, without a boosting item, Scizor is generally extremely weak, which is why i suggest to run a life orb with a more offensive-minded set of Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, and Superpower. It seems like Skarmory and Swampert are going to be annoying for this team, so you can easily dispose of them with the right move after an SD.

Now back to the point about Vaporeon, something like Suicune could actually lure in Rotom and kill it if Tyranitar falls to repeated hits earlier in the game and fails to trap it. Vaporeon is forced to switch or die because it cant threaten rotom enough. An offensive suicune could work if you feel you don't need the wish support, and another sweeper.

For the final change, Explosion on Heatran sounds superior to Taunt, just to explode on Blissey who is a total bitch to face for you. Hope I helped, and good luck! =]

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar really needs more speed if it wants to outrun Skarmory these days. That amount beats 16 speed Skarm, and I think you should be looking to outrun even the skarm that run 100+ speed. You could even simply max your speed.

Edit - very few skarm run exactly 100 speed. 128 is a good number I find, but it is hard to know exactly how fast they are. Around 36 speed is also quite common. 184 is really quite rare, even though it is in the analysis, since that amount of speed on a wall really is excessive.

Vaporeon, however, should give up on Skarm by running 0 or 12 speed (CB scizor,) given the amount of speed some skarm are running and the spdef spreads.

Hey. Cool team but I see some more potential I can unlock. First off, what's the purpose of Vaporeon on this team? Wish support? Imo wish support isn't needed on an offensive team like this. Your goal for this team is to sweep with Scizor, correct? With Shaymin killing Heatran, Tyranitar trapping Rotom, Scizor has an easy time sweeping. However, without a boosting item, Scizor is generally extremely weak, which is why i suggest to run a life orb with a more offensive-minded set of Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, and Superpower. It seems like Skarmory and Swampert are going to be annoying for this team, so you can easily dispose of them with the right move after an SD.

Now back to the point about Vaporeon, something like Suicune could actually lure in Rotom and kill it if Tyranitar falls to repeated hits earlier in the game and fails to trap it. Vaporeon is forced to switch or die because it cant threaten rotom enough. An offensive suicune could work if you feel you don't need the wish support, and another sweeper.

For the final change, Explosion on Heatran sounds superior to Taunt, just to explode on Blissey who is a total bitch to face for you. Hope I helped, and good luck! =]
Suicune is a pokemon that I tried a few times in the past but I always missed the ability to Wish off some of the damage to Tyranitar and other pokemon on my team. Wish helps me not get worn down by attacks as easily as I would before and improves its longevity.

I also need the bulk on Scizor and Leftovers to be able to set up on bulky waters and things like that but I really miss being able to KO Skarm after a Swords Dance with Superpower, so I'll try it out. And I tried Explosion on Heatran prior to Taunt and Blissey's don't really stay in to take an Explosion, and they usually go to Rotom or some other pokemon that can, which is why Taunt is more effective.

Tyranitar really needs more speed if it wants to outrun Skarmory these days. That amount beats 16 speed Skarm, and I think you should be looking to outrun even the skarm that run 100+ speed. You could even simply max your speed.

Vaporeon, however, should give up on Skarm by running 0 or 12 speed (CB scizor,) given the amount of speed some skarm are running and the spdef spreads.
Yeah some of the time Skarm's run as much as 184 speed which I can't outspeed without going Jolly which I'm probably not going to do, to outrun 100 speed Tyranitars though I need to run 176 Speed which I'm going to try later on but I'm worried if that would lower my bulk which is something I don't want to do.

And yeah I lowered Vaporeon's speed to 12 and put the rest in Special Defense, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)