Team idkwhattocallit

Hey guys.

It all happened on a Sunday evening. I get tired of my previous teams on Shoddy and decide to put together newer, better ones. After many failed attempts, I decide to just go forward and put together a bunch of hard hitting pokemon. Then, testing it over and over on the ladder, I replace some of my pokemon to get some synergy going between them. Okay, I know you're bored of this crappy intro, lets see what the team comprises of.

>Switched a DD Nite for bulky DD Mence for handling Lucario, suggested by Abutorn.

>Also replaced Brightpowder on Starmie for Life Orb.

------------------------------------------------------------

From a distance

------------------------------------------------------------

A Closer Look

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock

What every offensive team needs. He sets up rocks fast upfront and takes out leads like Azelf and Aerodactyl. Also, it can very well be used as Death fodder and nice cleaner up late game(since he's faster than many things anyway) should I decide to save him for the late game. With that Focus Sash, he always gets his primary job done.
Azelf: Break Sash with Fake Out, KO with Fire Blast

Aerodactyl: Break Sash with Fake Out, KO with Close Combat.

Swampert: Fake Out, switch to Jirachi.

Jirachi: Fake Out, Stealth Rock, accept the Scarf, then switch to Heatran.

Metagross: Fake Out, SR, switch to Dragonite.

Infernape: tricky... I usually Fake Out first and SR then switch to Suicune.

Machamp: Fake Out, CC for teh killz.

Ninjask: Fake Out, switch to Suicune and Roar.

Roserade: Have no one to take the sleep D:

Tyranitar: Fake Out, and KO with CC.

---

Heatran
(M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran is an all-round decent pokemon, he comes in to Fire attacks aimed at Scizor as well as incoming Bullet Punch/Iron Head. I have the Substitute set since the Scarf set is just too easy to switch into after a kill and either get revenged or set up on. The idea is fairly simple, switch into something that Heatran resists, get a Sub up, and fire off attacks from behind the Sub. Heatran's a great way of dishing out pain early-mid game and putting a dent into anything that doesn't resist its attacks. Walled by Blissey, Suicune, Gyarados, for whom I have my own Suicune.

---

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Not much experience using this set for Mence, used to have a DD Nite in his place. After some testing, I'll post the comments.
---

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Surf
- HP Electric

The defensive core of the team. This thing is my best answer to things like Gliscor and Swampert and Gyarados. Pretty straightforward, switch in to a resisted attack, Roar if predicting a switch to a counter and to add up SR damage, CM for Attack(and Def) boosts and Surf away. I'd go for Ice Beam were it not for things like Vaporeon and Gyarados(Although now this thing can do NOTHING against Quagsire.... ah well).

---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- SuperPower
- U-Turn

Do I have to explain this thing AT ALL? This is CB Scizor, nuff said?

Okay, so Bullet Punch is a Technician priority CB boosted STAB 90 power move coming off 594 Attack to pick off T-Tar, Salamence, Gengar, Weavile, <insert non-water, non-electric pokemon name here>. U-Turn is the best scouting move in the game, and with CB and STAB boosts, it makes sure not many will forget what hit them and run away just now. Pursuit is for Latias and fleeing Blissey and Rotom. Super Power is for Magnezone and other pesky Steel types and a good all round move in general. Incoming Fire Attacks taken by Heatran, Dragonite and Suicune(also Starmie). Speaking of Starmie,

---

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
Timid nature(+Spd, -Atk)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

Okay, Scizor, Dragonite, Suicune hate entry hazards. So I needed a Rapid spinner. Starmie fits the role perfectly, as Forretress would just magnify the Fire weakness. Surf+BoltBeam is a superb attacking combo, and Rapid Spin is ... well... for spinning away SR/Spikes.
Don't get mad at me for using BrightPowder.... how annoying it can be when the opponent misses a Grass Knot/Thunderbolt is known to all. You know how annoying Froslass is in Hail and Garchomp is in Sandstorm, right? Leftovers doesn't really help too much because I'll only be using it to spin away things once in a match anyway.

I'm willing to replace Surf with recover for recovery options since its lacking Lefties.... suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, thats it. Of course, Constructive Criticism is appreciated.

P.S. forgive the lack of formatting, I'm not particularly in the mood for all that ._.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
yo, well just a quick rate, i dont have much time-

Bright powder is really not good. Starmie really appreciates having lefties, while bright powder only works on 1/20 attacks i think (or 5%). Also, i think you mean to mention Ice beam, not HP Ice in your suicune description.

I noticed you said you have no one to take the sleep from roserade but you have starmie with natural cure. So you can just switch starmie in take the sleep powder then switch out. On my scizors I usually run brick break instead of superpower just because i like accuracy better and it breaks dual screeners.

yo, well just a quick rate, i dont have much time-

Bright powder is really not good. Starmie really appreciates having lefties, while bright powder only works on 1/20 attacks i think (or 5%). Also, i think you mean to mention Ice beam, not HP Ice in your suicune description.
Bright Powder raises evasion by 10%. Its similar to having Snow Cloak in Hail.
I know but, lets see, if others say Lefties>>>>Bright Powder any day or something, I'll change it. Imo BP is actually pretty good.

Lol, you're right about the Suicune description thing, t'was a major typo there ^^;;

I noticed you said you have no one to take the sleep from roserade but you have starmie with natural cure. So you can just switch starmie in take the sleep powder then switch out. On my scizors I usually run brick break instead of superpower just because i like accuracy better and it breaks dual screeners.
Well the thing is, after Starmie switches out, it becomes free of sleep once again, which means Roserade can still put something else to sleep.

And Super Power has 100 accuracy.... and I don't really care about the stat drops since I'm gonna switch out anyway. I don't find Screeners much of a problem since most of my pokes are setup sweepers, and Suicune usually stalls 'em(the screens) out anyway.

Hey Bawk.

Decent team you have here, Sub Tran looks quite handy on your team but the move-set needs a little tweak I don't really think you need Dragon Pulse to deal with Dragons since you could replace it with Explosion and deal with way more of a variety of Pokemons that you can get from the physical end and also help you out with problematic Pokemon so it can be quite a resource to use. Plus when you're going to use Explosion on Tran you wouldn't want - Attack nature so you might want to put Naive so you can have neutral on both sides of Physical and Special attacks while just losing a little bulky on the defensive side which isn't going to make quite a difference.

Offensivly what I see is dangerous to this team is Swords Dance Lucario it can destroy your whole entire team when it recieves one Swords dance, you have pretty much nothing to stop it. Plus you also have Adamant Dragonite which makes you get outsped by Adamant Lucario, what I recommend you do to fix this problem is try out the better overall Dragon Offensivly which is Salamence. What it provides is the ability to intimidate so Lucario won't be much of a problem when you juggle it, plus I don't think the straight out Offensive Salamence set would work I was thinking you might want to try Bulky Mence provides mostly everything that Dragonite does above just more bulk and the ability to roost off. So here's the set you might want to try out.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Roost

EV Explanation: What the EVs provide is that you'll be at 240 Defense while making you having Max Hitpoints which is 394 this will help you tremendously throughout, The nature allows you to hit 280 speed which is meant to outspeed Adamant Lucario, so there definitely won't be a problem with that.

Lastly on Starmie you defenitly want to take the recommendations above about taking off Bright powder, the only reason people use Bright powder is when they already have an Evasion ability like Gliscor, Froslass, Garchomp etc. Not when you have a random Sp.attacker who doesn't even come with the name Evasion. So what I recommend you doing is changing it to a popular item given to those EVs which is Life orb so you might want to try it out

Good luck and hope my analysis for your RMT helped!

Hey Bawk.

Decent team you have here, Sub Tran looks quite handy on your team but the move-set needs a little tweak I don't really think you need Dragon Pulse to deal with Dragons since you could replace it with Explosion and deal with way more of a variety of Pokemons that you can get from the physical end and also help you out with problematic Pokemon so it can be quite a resource to use. Plus when you're going to use Explosion on Tran you wouldn't want - Attack nature so you might want to put Naive so you can have neutral on both sides of Physical and Special attacks while just losing a little bulky on the defensive side which isn't going to make quite a difference.
Actually, I've been thinking about that for quite a while, as Heatran is completely walled by Blissey. So yeah, okay, I'll make the change. Thanks.

Offensivly what I see is dangerous to this team is Swords Dance Lucario it can destroy your whole entire team when it recieves one Swords dance, you have pretty much nothing to stop it. Plus you also have Adamant Dragonite which makes you get outsped by Adamant Lucario, what I recommend you do to fix this problem is try out the better overall Dragon Offensivly which is Salamence. What it provides is the ability to intimidate so Lucario won't be much of a problem when you juggle it, plus I don't think the straight out Offensive Salamence set would work I was thinking you might want to try Bulky Mence provides mostly everything that Dragonite does above just more bulk and the ability to roost off. So here's the set you might want to try out.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Moveset: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Roost

EV Explanation: What the EVs provide is that you'll be at 240 Defense while making you having Max Hitpoints which is 394 this will help you tremendously throughout, The nature allows you to hit 280 speed which is meant to outspeed Adamant Lucario, so there definitely won't be a problem with that.

Great. I'll try that.
Lastly on Starmie you defenitly want to take the recommendations above about taking off Bright powder, the only reason people use Bright powder is when they already have an Evasion ability like Gliscor, Froslass, Garchomp etc. Not when you have a random Sp.attacker who doesn't even come with the name Evasion. So what I recommend you doing is changing it to a popular item given to those EVs which is Life orb so you might want to try it out

Good luck and hope my analysis for your RMT helped!
-_- Okay, Bright Powder goes out, Life Orb comes in. I pretty much didn't like the idea of using Lefties on Starmie anyway. Thanks a lot, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)