Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Decided to splash out so I could get a key to open one of my chests...

Got a Strange Rocket Launcher ;) Currently on Mildly Menacing Rocket Launcher.

I'd already paid for the game to start with, so Valve are definitely getting their money out of me, but I'm not too fussed when it comes to microtransactions anyway.

Tomislav was nerfed as well, was reduced from 75% faster spin up, to 40% faster. Still useful for an ambush Heavy just because of the silent spin up, but I'd prefer to use Sasha or the Brass Beast on point defence.

Edit: Just got a Strange GRU, looking for a Strange Shotgun if anyone is up for a trade.

Is anyone else unable to get any pub matches all day today? It just says receiving server information all day long.

The server registry seems to go up and down all the time since F2P. The servers are still there, you just can't find them. The best way around this is to just look in your Server history and then hop in a server that isn't full.

Tomislav was nerfed as well, was reduced from 75% faster spin up, to 40% faster. Still useful for an ambush Heavy just because of the silent spin up, but I'd prefer to use Sasha or the Brass Beast on point defence.
Tomi is still very good; the nerf is noticeable but not considerably. (0.3 seconds)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yooooooo what is all this strange and mildly menacing NONSENSE?

Mebbe I'll peek in on some of you guys next week and play some again. No time tomorrow and going out of town for the weekend...

Been playing a good deal since the update. So many new hats ugh, but thankfully that's not why I am playing!

I've been able to play with all the new items (on my account and my little brother's account, mostly his). New spy gun is nearly the Ambassador without the skill requirement. Needless to say, I'm digging it because of my huge boner for Dead Ringer spy. Tomi is cool, but I keep finding myself going back to Sasha. Detonator is a let down, but it should be fine if they either buff the mid-air explosion or the jump. Alternatively, buff both! Quick Fix is also fun, but overheal is a big deal.

Is there a server Smogonites visit regularly, or do you just coordinate through IRC? I figure the Smogon server has been down for a whie now.
Mr. E, play with me.

I play as Medic sometimes but I get tired that my team thinks that I'm immortal or something, nobody covers my back and there's always some Pyro or Spy that kill me, I don't have time to react I'm healing my guys D:, it piss me off that we have an entire army attacking on the front and no one notice a simple pyro going behind them, in spy's case is understable, but I notice that most people doesn't spycheck at all
Anyway I'm not complaining, and people should not think that this game is unappealing just for this, TF2 is really fun to play, it's just a matter of time until all those new players learn some basics (ironic considering that i'm new too, but at least I know some things)

I don't have good items :<, I just have that thing which protects the Sniper from backstabs (very useful on King of the Hill maps) and a chocolate for the Heavy . _.
I want my flare gun D:, but I can't trade, yet

I suck at this game, like I do at most FPS, but it's reallllllllly fun so I keep playing! Only been playing about 2 weeks, maybe a bit less. Mainly play as a Demoman or Engineer, they have both gotten me the most points per game so far. Haven't really explored trading or the shop side of it as I'm not sure what's good. Spent most of my time just Spectating the good people and then copying how they play haha :D ps add porydan2 on steam if you want easy points.

Yooooooo what is all this strange and mildly menacing NONSENSE?
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_quality#Strange_items

You can only get them from opening #19, #20 and #21 Mann Co. Crates. It starts off named "Strange [weapon]" and after a certain amount of kills with it the description changes, ending with things like "Epic", "Legendary" and "Hale's Own" (not until 8500 kills :pirate:). I'm currently on a Sufficiently Lethal Rocket Launcher ;)

Speaking of Strange gear, I've got a strange GRU, Radigan Conagher Brown Paint, Name Tag, 2x #18 Chests and a #19 Chest.
Looking for a Strange Shotgun or a Strange Minigun.

I play as Medic sometimes but I get tired that my team thinks that I'm immortal or something, nobody covers my back and there's always some Pyro or Spy that kill me, I don't have time to react I'm healing my guys D:, it piss me off that we have an entire army attacking on the front and no one notice a simple pyro going behind them, in spy's case is understable, but I notice that most people doesn't spycheck at all

Well sometimes it's understandable that your patients are unaware, since they sometimes have to focus pretty hard on aiming. You can actually keep healing your target while facing away from him, and the Advanced Options even let you continue healing after letting go of the mouse button. Checking this option actually lets you continue healing your teammates while regenerating your own health with the Kritzkrieg taunt, which will save you in pubs sometimes.

Spotting/hearing Spies and other flankers is something to practice as a Medic. If you call them out and your patients are just too incompetent/preoccupied to deal with them, Medic has at least some self-defense, especially once you find the Ubersaw.

finally got this game, it is sooooo fun
love playing pyro and scout, takes a while to get used to flamethrower range but it's worth it when they aren't paying attention

i don't know anything else about the game, is it possible to trade items? if so, i have a cleaver for medics that area heals when you taunt

you can only trade items to other users if you upgrade to a full account, done by buying something from the in game store. cheapest item is 50c meaning tf2 is effectively $19.50 cheaper

full accounts get backpack room, ability to receive items in trades, and full steam community functionality so if you like tf2 I advise you to upgrade to a full account

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
oi, i've got a strange direct hit that i'd love to trade away (because i'm a terrible soldier). if anyone else has a strange sticky launcher or grenade launcher i'm all ears!

oh, and i main sniper nowadays, but i'll fuck around as demo or scout when the opportunity arises. love tf2 8)

you can only trade items to other users if you upgrade to a full account, done by buying something from the in game store. cheapest item is 50c meaning tf2 is effectively $19.50 cheaper

full accounts get backpack room, ability to receive items in trades, and full steam community functionality so if you like tf2 I advise you to upgrade to a full account
Ah alright, that's decent enough. Might look into forking a dollar or two, especially since my steam account has no bought games so I can't even add friends. FARK

tomislav is still overpowered but less disgustingly so. needs some more work to be balanced with sasha.

also try not to flood this with trade offers, please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)