Other Features Team Flare: Gen VI Antagonists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Part of me has the feeling that someone else already has this idea, but let's give it a shot anyways.

Basically, this article would talk about Team Flare in general: ambitions, team leader, how they compare to other group antagonists in the previous generations, etc. I'm not sure how in-depth I'd have to go in explaining the gist of the proposed article, as it doesn't have any odd twist to it besides room for comedy and an analysis of the characters.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Luckily, Deck Knight is either too slow or too busy to even think about doing this lol. So ya, this is pretty much yours.

You can probably use Deck Knight's article (http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue15/syndicates) for reference, though you don't necessarily need to agree with all of his points. The only thing I'm worried about is how much overall good content are you going to get out of Team Flare and comparing it to past teams. Ambitions and team leader seem to be one simple paragraph each (ambition: we want a beautiful world and want to retain it forever, Team Flare leader: Lysandre seems like an ok guy at first, built holo caster, and then he's some crazy maniac who wants to create a genocide via secret weapon and only Team Flare is allowed to live. idk if Lysandre has any connections with that past war thing, he just took that guy's device for himself and locked that guy in some cell.). So, I think if you want more substance, try to go as in-depth as possible to reason why/how/your theories/etc. I also have a feeling that if you compare Team Flare to other teams, your article may start looking very similar to Deck's and may repeat several elements (Team Flare is more evil then that team, this team, oh and that team too because that team only managed to blah blah, and they were more successful then... yeah). Although... it is 16 issues behind so it may be ok (I'm personally fine with it).

I'll see if other people want to comment. I think Bummer will most likely swing by... if he's not too occupied with XY anyway lol.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure how in-depth I'd have to go in explaining the gist of the proposed article, as it doesn't have any odd twist to it besides room for comedy and an analysis of the characters.
This is very off-putting to me. There's plenty more aspects to consider if one takes the time, such as the execution of their plan, how the movement was partially crowdfunded by new members, mindset and pokemon variety of the grunts, difficulty of important battles, and what would have happened if the protagonist didn't save the day, to name some. While I didn't say anything last time, I found your PokeRanger interview to be surprisingly short for each character, so if this will become another such overview, then I'd rather reject it than approve.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My apologies; if I were to write this article, I'd be sure to include such things in it and not make it as short as the previous article. When I said the above quote, I didn't mean that would actually be everything I'd have in it, but that's my fault for not being more descriptive with my explanation. I did not plan for it to be as short as my previous one.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If so, then I will approve. As long as you understand that you need to gather more content for your articles, you should be ok. I'll keep an eye on your article if it's seemingly odd and/or short.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)