Team Darude [NU Sandstorm Team]

Introduction //

Hello Smogon! I've been lurking for quite awhile now, and I finally decided to get an account. I decided my first post will be a RMT of a team I've been toying around with now for awhile. I see so much great advice being given on this site, so I'm sure you can help me work out the kinks in this team! If anyone is ever down to playtest, just shoot me a message, if I'm not at work, I'm probably down to battle. ^_^ Anyway, nobody wants to listen to me ramble on any longer, so here we go!

Team Building Process //

When I set out to build this team, I decided I wanted to build a Sandstorm-based team. The goal is to weaken my opponent with entry hazards and weather damage before one of my sweepers come in to seal the deal. Every team needs to start somewhere, and since this is a Sandstorm team, why not start with Hippopotas for a lead?

Next I decided that since entry hazards are pretty key for this team, I should get some Spikes going on, and who better than good ol' sand-abusin' Cacturne to lay said Spikes?

Since I'm going to be laying entry hazards all over my opponent's side, I figure it'd be nice to keep them off my side. So next I added Sandslash as a spinner who can also abuse the sand, and deal some damage if the need arises.

Next I decided on adding a status absorber who can take some hits while retruning the favour. To fill this spot, I went with a ResTalk Relicanth.

Now on to the sweepers. For my first sweeper, I wanted to use something that can make good use of Rock Polish, since the rest of the team isn't exactly breaking records in the speed department. There were a few Pokémon I was flip-flopping between, but in the end I settled with Rock Polish Armaldo because he just looks so badass.

And finally, I'm sure everyone knows who the sixth team member is. How could I even think about a Sandstorm team without that crazy plant-lookin' thing on an acid trip, Cradily!

After some playtesting, and some excellent advice from Wynaught (thank you!!) I replaced Relicanth who wasn't pulling his weight with Quagsire for a bulky water and water immunity, and I replaced Cradily with Regirock who just does everything that Cradily does, but better, and I haven't looked back since. And finally, as much as I love Armaldo, I replaced him with Dusclops for a spin blocker.

- Team Darude -

Hippopotas (Baby Hippo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/92 Def
(speed IV of 12)
-Stealth Rock
-Yawn
-Earthquake
-Roar/Protect

This is the lead for my team. It accomplishes a few crucial goals, such as gettting a permanent Sandstorm going, and laying down the rocks. I like Yawn because it can force switches, which is great with all the entry hazards this team runs. Roar is there for more entry hazard abuse and to reveal my opponent's team, and Earthquake is so my little hippo isn't complete Taunt bait. The nature and speed IV ensure that I'm slower than any Snover leads, meaning sand will be active, not hail.

Possible changes: I was considering Protect over Roar. When I had Roar, I found myself wanting Protect, and as soon as I switched, I wanted Roar back. I run so bad. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Cacturne (Peyote) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
-Spikes
-Subsitute
-Sucker Punch
-Seed Bomb

This set is kinda different, and it's lead me to have mixed results. Basically, with Sand Veil, BrightPowder, and Substitute, this guy tries to stack as many layers of Spikes as he can. Sub is there to guarentee a layer if I sub on a switch, plus it combines nicely with Sucker Punch, as my opponent is forced to attack to break my Sub, and then I smack them with a strong STAB priority attack. Originally I had Leech Seed over Seed Bomb to try and do a Spiking/SubSeeding set, but I like being able to deal massive damage to Pokémon like Quagsire better. For the EVs I just maxed speed to try and get the Spikes down ASAP, and max attack plus Adamant so Cacturne can hurt things.

Possible changes: I was considering Encore over Sub, as if I Encore something like a set-up move, it would could help me getting more Spikes on the field. Also, if I keep Sub, maybe Focus Punch over Seed Bomb for some SubPunching action? And lastly I've been toying with the notion of swapping Adamant for Jolly so I get quicker Spikes, but Cacturne is slow as it is, so I'm not sure that reducing it's much more promising Attack stat would be worth it.

Sandslash (Needles) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

This is similar to the SD/Spin set posted here on the Smogon analysis. The one change I made was ditching Night Slash for Rock Slide. The reason being that the analysis has Night Slash as something to hit levetating ghosts like Rotom and Mismagius that try and come in to block my spin. However, since this is NU, the only levetating ghost I really think I'd see would be Haunter, and it's defense isn't exactly sky high, so Rock Slide will still hurt it. The other ghosts in the tier like Dusclops are still hit hard by a STAB Earthquake, especially if I find time to Swords Dance. Rock/Ground also gives me awesome coverage, and lets me smash the flying types that thing they can come in on a quake. Adamant and max attack are so I can hit as hard as I can, especially since Sand Veil and BrightPowder usually allow me to get a Swords Dance in, and max HP is for some bulk, since Sandslash already has pretty high defense.

Possible changes: Nothing that I can think of right now, but I'm always open to suggestions!

Quagsire (Glenn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
-Recover
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Encore
This spot used to be Relicanth, but he didn't do nearly as much as I'd wanted, so he was replaced by Glenn Quagmire, giggedy! This team really appreciates the addition of a bulky water, especially one that is immune to the water attacks hat are super effective against a lot of the team. Recover is for healing, Toxic takes care of other bulky waters, and Earthquake is for STAB. In the last slot I used to be running Ice Punch to hit flying and grass type switch-ins, but after testing out Encore, it replaced Ice Punch. It's so good, Encoring Substitute is the best feeling ever. Also if I Encore a set-up move, Cacturne comes in and lays more Spikes. EVs and nature are to make it as physically bulky as possible.

Possible changes: Not any more, I truly believe this to be Quaggy's best set.

Dusclops (Shaman) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Def/4 SpA/252 SpD
-Seismic Toss
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Ice Beam

This used to be the spot for Rock Polish Armaldo, but he has since been replaced with Dusclops as a spin blocker. Since my goal is to lay down enough entry hazards to cover a small city, having something come in and spin them all away would be terrible. Dusclops solves this problem. I used to be running a COMPLETELY different set on Dusclops, but I gave him a total overhaul. My old set was Night Shade/WoW/Torment/Protect. I loved Torment + Protect shenanigans which let me beat stuff like Cacturne by Protecting on Sucker Punch, but I didn't like not having a recovery move. Dropped Torment for Pain Split to heal myself and hurt my foe simultaniously. In the last slot I dropped Protect for Ice Beam. Since I dropped Ice Punch from Quagsire, I don't really have anything to hit Gligar. Ice Beam has the potential to OHKO after Gligar switches into Rocks (76.6% to 91%). Switched Night Shade for Seismic Toss so I can hit normals, as there's far more of those than ghosts. For the EVs I just went max/max on both defenses since I figured lowest possible HP was most beneficial for Pain Split. Threw the last 4 in special attack to pump Ice Beam. Calm nature to boost special defense without weakening Ice Beam.
Possible changes: Perhaps a more effective EV spread? Or was my old set just outright better?

Regirock (Stallone) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Rest

The final slot in the team used to belong to Cradily, but since Regirock recently came down to NU, Cradily just can't compare. Regirock is a fucking beast. If he sets up, it sweeps. Once he starts Cursing, he's almost impossible to take down, and Clear Body prevents his attack from being lowered. Curse is to boost up, Rock Slide is for STAB, Earthquake is for coverage, and Rest is to heal up. Chesto Berry wakes him up right away, and the beatdown commences. Basically the same nature and EV spread that Cradily had (except 4 EVs into attack instead of defense, but whatever) for the same reasons. He's already going to boost his defense and attack, so max out the HP and special defense for maximum bulk.

Possible changes: Sleep Talk over Earthquake lets me run Leftovers as the item, but again, I really hate having only one attacking move, and Quake has proved to be useful, so I doubt I'll change the set.

Past Members //

Relicanth (Fishbone) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Def
-Head Smash
-Waterfall
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Relicanth was the first Pokémon to get cut. He worked a lot better on paper and wasn't really pulling his weight on the team, so when Quagsire was suggested, I made the switch, and haven't looked back.

Cradily (Delirium) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Seed Bomb
-Rest

Cradily was the next to go, since Regirock basically does everything Cradily does but better. She'll always have a place in my heart though.

Armaldo (Chief) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake

I really didn't want to replace Armaldo, as he's one of my favourite Pokémon, and I've always wanted to use him on a team (maybe I'll make a mono-bug team that runs him, just for the lulz) but I needed a spin blocker and Dusclops is just too good to pass up on.

Conclusion //

Well, there you have it, folks. Team Darude in all its glory! Heopfully you've enjoyed reading this RMT as much as I've enjoyed making it, and I would appreciate as much constructive criticism as you have to offer! Hopefully my first post on Smogon was a good one, and I can't wait to dive right in! :toast:

I haven't finished reading but here's what I have so far...
This is very much like a Sandstorm team I made once :)
I'd highly Advise this set Cradily:
Rest / Sleep Talk / Curse / RockThrow

-This way you can stack curses and Sweep, this is especially effective since Cradily's Sp. Def is also boosted in Sandstorm

Also working with Relincath, it's pretty much useless xD Rock Head often misses and he's extremely fragile. Maybe try somthing else?

CurseRegirock > RestTalk Relicanth and Cradily anyone?

Regirock @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Sleep Talk / Earthquake
-Rest

Since you have Sandstorm up this set reaches its full potential.

Try adding a Water type in place of Cradily, maybe a Quagsire? Seeing as it has Water Absorb, is part Ground type and fills the role of utility.

Make sure to keep Hippo alive, otherwise Rain Teams kill this team. Trust me, I have a rain team that hit 1416 CRE, and Sandstorm teams never savor that hippo. Once it's dead, Ludicolo, Gorrebyss, Omastar, and friends rape this team (rain will take over and cradily will be 2HKOd by Ice Beam.) I recomend replacing Armaldo with a Bulky Water like Milotic to take water hits and ice hits for you. Also, where to hell is Focus Punch on Cacturne? You don't need Seed Bomb, you already have a better STAB. Swords Dance is better than spikes too, but I guess you can use extra hazards if you want.

Good team =]

@ zlpqlz: The ResTalk Cradily with Curse seems like a neat idea, but I really hate only having one attacking move, and if I do decide to drop Caturne's Seed Bomb for Focus Punch, my team would have no grass type STAB, which doesn't make it any easier to deal with waters. =(

@ Wynought: That Curse Regirock looks perfect for the team, I'll give him a shot over Curse Cradily for sure. I'm thinking EQ over Sleep Talk since I'm using Chesto Berry to wake up right away after my first Rest, and I like 2 attacks for better coverage. The only thing Cradily has on Regirock though is Suction Cups, I would hate to get Roar/Whilwind-ed out after I set up, so I guess I'd have to make sure their phazer is down before I begin the set-up. Quagsire as a bulky water over Relicanth will definitely help my water weakness in general as it can switch in on water attacks aimed my other sweepers (Armaldo and Regirock, if I make the switch from Cradily). Any ideas on a set to run? I was thinking something like this:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
-Recover
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Ice Punch
EVs and nature coupled with Recover allow him to take some hits, Earthquake is for STAB, Ice Punch hits the Flying and Grass types that are immune/resistant to EQ. Toxic is so I can deal with bulky Waters.

@ -Charmander-: I do play very conservatively with my Hippo, often switching out after setting up rocks and Yawning something. I can't replace Armaldo with Milotic however, this is an NU team, Milotic is UU. The bulky water I'm going to try is Quagsire, like stated in the above suggestion. I will definitely test out Focus Punch over Seed Bomb on Cacturne though, and see how that goes. I'm going to keep Spikes over Swords Dance though, simply because I really like how much damage the entry hazards rack up, especially when compared with the residual damage from Sandstorm.

Thanks so much for the comments so far, everyone! Keep 'em coming! =)

Ah, Suction Cups. But how common is Roar and Whirlwind in NU? You're more likely to get Taunted or Encored.

I would go for a;
Quagsire @ Leftovers
-Encore
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Recover

On Hippo, Protect > Roar. And 12 Speed IVs, not 13.

I also noticed you have a truck load of Entry Hazards which you are most likely to get up - thanks to Sand Veil, but you have no Spin Blocker? Madness.

May I suggest a Dusclops somewhere in your team?

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Pressure
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Night Shade
- Torment
- Protect
- Gravity / Will-O-Wisp

Dusclops is the best Spin Blocker in NU, and since he is immune to Fighting he fits well on your current team. Torment + Protect + Pressure is a nice combination, and it may even cause intense switching which would make use of the Entry Hazards. Gravity is mostly a filler move so flying pokemon and levitators are hit by spikes. Feel free to switch it to WoW for more utility support. Especially if you're using Regirock.

Ah, Suction Cups. But how common is Roar and Whirlwind in NU? You're more likely to get Taunted or Encored.

I would go for a;
Quagsire @ Leftovers
-Encore
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Recover

On Hippo, Protect > Roar. And 12 Speed IVs, not 13.

I also noticed you have a truck load of Entry Hazards which you are most likely to get up - thanks to Sand Veil, but you have no Spin Blocker? Madness.

May I suggest a Dusclops somewhere in your team?

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Pressure
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Night Shade
- Torment
- Protect
- Gravity / Will-O-Wisp

Dusclops is the best Spin Blocker in NU, and since he is immune to Fighting he fits well on your current team. Torment + Protect + Pressure is a nice combination, and it may even cause intense switching which would make use of the Entry Hazards. Gravity is mostly a filler move so flying pokemon and levitators are hit by spikes. Feel free to switch it to WoW for more utility support. Especially if you're using Regirock.
I tried out Regirock and he's a one man wrecking crew. And you're right, I didn't miss Suction Cups at all, nobody ever tried to phaze me. Also, Quagsire over Relicanth was awesome too! I'm going to edit those changes into my original post. =D
I used the exact Quagsire set you suggested except I have Ice Punch over Encore. It's worked well so far with Ice Punch, but I'll give Encore a shot and see which I like better.
Good call on Hippo's IV, I'll fix that up. I really like Roar to shuffle around my opponent's team and rack up entry hazard damage though, is Protect that much better? I'll definitely try it though.
You're so right about the spin blocker, I think I must be out of my mind to forget to add one. >_< I'm going to use that Dusclops, WoW over Gravity, since Gravity reducing evasion is counterproductive with Sand Veil. I'm not sure whom to cut from the team though? The only one I could see replacing would be Armaldo, but that puts more pressure on Regirock (and to a lesser extent, Sandslash) to sweep. I think I'll be ok though, so I'll try that out.

Thank you so much for coming back and commenting again!! This team is really starting to come together!! ^_^

EDIT: I just tried out Dusclops over Armaldo, and at the risk of sounding creepy by saying this to a total stranger over the internet, I LOVE YOU. With Sandstorm boosting most of the team's Sp.D, burning stuff with WoW to lessen physical blows is amazing. Not to mention having something like Night Shade to hit consistantly through Reflect is so fucking win. Haven't had the chance to use Torment yet, but even just using Night Shade/WoW/Protect, I can tell thisn was the correct change. Thank you!! =D

Just something I noticed, but ALL of your pokemon are Physical. Change Cacturn into a special sweeper for variety?
That's true, the only special attack I've got that does damage is Night Shade, which is set damage anyway. If I change Cacturne to special, I lose Sucker Punch though. =( I could run mixed, with Sucker Punch and Energy Ball and a Mild (maybe?) nature though... I'll give it a shot and see how it works. Thanks!

I tried out Regirock and he's a one man wrecking crew. And you're right, I didn't miss Suction Cups at all, nobody ever tried to phaze me.

Haha yeah, Phazing is scarily uncommon in NU, may as well wreak the benefits!

Also, Quagsire over Relicanth was awesome too! I'm going to edit those changes into my original post. =D
I used the exact Quagsire set you suggested except I have Ice Punch over Encore. It's worked well so far with Ice Punch, but I'll give Encore a shot and see which I like better.

Encore stops those Substitute boosters who would cause a lot of problems for any team, such as SubCham with Focus Punch, Ice Punch and Mach Punch. This would be quite problematic if it was to be set up. Plus, Encoring weak moves, forcing them to continue attacking so they don't build up residual damage caused by your Entry Hazards, meaning they wouldn't enjoy being Toxiced and Stalled out. Encoring Water type attacks is also incredibly funny.

Good call on Hippo's IV, I'll fix that up. I really like Roar to shuffle around my opponent's team and rack up entry hazard damage though, is Protect that much better? I'll definitely try it though.

No problem on that one. The thing with Roar is that you put yourself at a disadvantage seeing as it is -6 Priority, meaning they could rid Hippos shuffling attempt and OHKO in the process. But I mean, if it works for you, then definetly keep it because if it does work out well it would definetly be effective. Protect is for Yawn mainly as that makes a superb combo. Yawn, if they switch they will build up residual damage, if they don't, Protect and pretty much rid one Pokémon on the other teams ueless. Works as well as Roar.

You're so right about the spin blocker, I think I must be out of my mind to forget to add one. >_< I'm going to use that Dusclops, WoW over Gravity, since Gravity reducing evasion is counterproductive with Sand Veil.

Ah, very clever. That completely slipped my mind. Glad you added that.

Thank you so much for coming back and commenting again!! This team is really starting to come together!! ^_^

No problemo! I rarely see alot of active NU topics so this was very beneficial to me too :3

EDIT: I just tried out Dusclops over Armaldo, and at the risk of sounding creepy by saying this to a total stranger over the internet, I LOVE YOU. With Sandstorm boosting most of the team's Sp.D, burning stuff with WoW to lessen physical blows is amazing. Not to mention having something like Night Shade to hit consistantly through Reflect is so fucking win. Haven't had the chance to use Torment yet, but even just using Night Shade/WoW/Protect, I can tell thisn was the correct change. Thank you!!
=D

LOL!
Glad you like the changes, your team is looking a lot better. Good call on the Dusclops set, but if you're not making the most out of Torment may I suggest a RestTalk variant?

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP / 106 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Night Shade / Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Since Dusclops is officially your best switch into and best bet against rogue Fighting types healing him off could prove beneficial.

Or even a Curse set.

Dusclops@ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP/ 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful nature
- Curse
- Will-o-wisp
- Seismic Toss
- Rest

Will-o-Wisp and Seismic Toss are a standard fare to cripple physical sweepers, add to residual damage. But now Curse is the real eye opener here.
Curse creates a pseudo status affliction which makes the target lose 25% of its health each turn so even if the foe heals it's still very screwed. As a cool little side not, Curses can be stacked and the damage increases with 25% with each successful Curse you pull off. So 2 Curses and the foe loses 50% of their health, 3 = 75% and 4 they get OHKO'd. Rest is for healing as Curse comes at a high price, it costs you 50% of your own health so it really helps in that regard.
Lazyboy0337 raises a good point. If you were to be confronted by a Regirock, you would have a few problems. But I don't really have an idea of who you should opt for, or where it would go. But, I want to suggest a Mixed Sharpedo. Yes he may not work all too well in the Storm as it is really frail and has a Life Orb. But with all the residual damage built up, this thing would hit like a truck, turning alot of potential 2HKOs into OHKOs which would make Regirock as little as much trouble as there is.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Lonely nature
- Aqua Jet
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump

The reason I say Sharpedo over other common NU Mixed Sweepers is Sharpedo's STAB'd Priority, hitting incredibly hard and with all the low health generated by Entry Hazards would make Sharpedo into more of a threat.

Good luck!

Dusclops (Shaman) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpD
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect
-Torment
Just hopping in with some EV changes for this guy.

Run a set of Careful 252 HP/160 Def/96 SpD
This is the most balanced and efficient set Dusclops can run.
Some calcs of these EV's VS the old EV's

252 Att +Nature Cacturne Sucker punch
Old = 78.4% - 92.8%
New = 65.5% - 78.2%

252 SpA +Nature Cacturne Dark Pulse
Old = 71.2% - 84.7%
New = 62% - 73.9%

Also, Dusclops really needs some form of recovery. With sandstorm, SR, and all the attacks he switches in on you'll find him dieing rather fast. I recommend Either a Rest-Talk set or a Pain-Split set. He'll stick around longer and cause more switches :D

Really nice team at first glance, I'll post again later when I have time to go over it throughly. I do notice that you have a British Gligar weakness, and after Quagsire's gone nothing can really stand up to him as he taunts and toxic's his way through your team. Sharpedo helps out a lot with him, But sharpedo dies rather fast, faster in sandstorm. Maybe try out a Hitmonchan set over Sandslash? something like this with Ice Punch for Gligar

Hitmonchan @ leftovers
Adamant 252 HP/252 Att/4 Def
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch/Close Combat
Rapid Spin
Mach Punch/Bullet Punch

Bolt-Beam coverage with priority and Spin, Max HP for Durability, and Max Attack to give it some power.

I would actually recommend using Curse Talk Regirock, because after 6 curses, coverage isn't much of an issue.

@ Wynaught: Thanks for coming back and commenting again! =) I see what you mean about Encore on Quagsire. I like Ice Punch to deal with Gligar, but I can see how it's a lot more situational than Encore. I'm gonna test it out, and see how it works!

As for Roar vs Protect, I'm definitely going to give Protect a shot. I find in the situations where Roar DOES work out, it's amazing, but I have definitely been OHKOed trying to phaze, and it's frustrating. I think in the right situations, Roar is better, but Protect will be better in MORE sitations. GOnna make that change, and see which I like better.

I take back what I said about Torment. I battled for about 2 hours straight last night and I definitely got some use out of Torment, although in a few situations, I really did wish it was something else. The other Dusclops sets look swete, though I'm going to test out the Curse set, I think. I'm considering dropped EQ for Sleep Talk on Regirock, so if I do that, I don't really want to run 2 Sleep Talkers on the same time, and Curse actually seems really cool to force switches, which racks up SR/Spikes damage. >=D

Mix Sharpedo looks like a beast, and a sick revenge killer. I'd definitely like to give him a shot, but who could I replace? The only Pokémon I could MAYBE see as replacable is Sandslash, but then I can't Spin, and I HATE T-Spikes (I saw T-Spikes almost as often as I saw SR last night) and Quagsire is so much less useful if he's Toxic'd. =(

Thank you again for the repeated advice! Hey, if you're ever down for some NU games, holla! ^_^

@ The Real Elmo: Thank you for the Dusclops calcs! I'll switch up those EVs. If I run a Pain Split set, what would you recommend? Night Shade, WoW, Pain Split and.. something? Open to change up any moves except WoW, I'm finding that move WAY too useful to consider dropping.

The Gligar weakness is actually the main reson I have Ice Punch on Quagsire right now, but if I drop iot for Encore that definitely won't help the situation. Hitmonchan over Slash as a Spinner seems neat, definitely no harm in trying it out. Some non-situational priority (read: not Sucker Punch) seems like it would be useful, plus BoltBeam is never bad. Will update after testing! Thank you for the compliment on the team and the rate! =D

@ Heysup: The reason I have Earthquake is in case a situation comes up where I need to attack before I've stacked 6 Curses, but as I stack more, I find myself wanting Leftovers more and more, so I'm going to try ResTalk, and Lefties over Chesto. Thanks for the comment, sir!

Thank you everyone for the comments, keep them coming! It's so cool getting comments and rates from names I recognize as intelligent posters from back in my lurking days! ;D

Fist off, Never use Night Shade. Seismic toss will always be your better option. Any of NU's Normal Types can switch in freely on night shade and do whatever they want to (Hello Linoone/Dodrio/Tauros/Exc...), especially if they have taunt or sub. The only Pokemon immune to Seismic Toss however are ghost types, which is why I'd suggest a set of:

Dusclops @ Lefties
Careful/Calm
- Seismic Toss
- W-o-W
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak/Ice Beam

Shadow Sneak will hit the ghost types you can't hit with Seismic toss. The most notable of which is Haunter, who's standard 3Attack/Sub set is 2hko'd 51.9% - 62.3%. And priority is never a bad thing :p

With a calm nature and no investment, Ice beam does 76.6% - 91% to British Gligar. Easy kill if they've switched in a few times or you've hit them with a Seismic Toss. AND, If you went with Ice Beam, Quaggy would be free to use Encore :D

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I know you want to run Leftovers, and I think that you could run the Chesto Rest set, but instead run Lefties. Sure that's kind of weird to say, but Regirock is just damn tough to kill that two turns of resting means nothing if he get's hit. Plus all you need to do is just Curse 2 or 3 times, Rest, wait 2 turns, then attack.

I understand that it may not be the best thing in the world, but it's worth a shot and you should certainly try it.

Fist off, Never use Night Shade. Seismic toss will always be your better option. Any of NU's Normal Types can switch in freely on night shade and do whatever they want to (Hello Linoone/Dodrio/Tauros/Exc...), especially if they have taunt or sub. The only Pokemon immune to Seismic Toss however are ghost types, which is why I'd suggest a set of:

Dusclops @ Lefties
Careful/Calm
- Seismic Toss
- W-o-W
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak/Ice Beam

Shadow Sneak will hit the ghost types you can't hit with Seismic toss. The most notable of which is Haunter, who's standard 3Attack/Sub set is 2hko'd 51.9% - 62.3%. And priority is never a bad thing :p

With a calm nature and no investment, Ice beam does 76.6% - 91% to British Gligar. Easy kill if they've switched in a few times or you've hit them with a Seismic Toss. AND, If you went with Ice Beam, Quaggy would be free to use Encore :D
Thanks for coming back and commenting again! I really like that Dusclops idea, Ice Beam on Dusclops means I can run Encore on Quagsire, AND I can keep Sandslash as my spinner instead of running Hitmonchan, which I like because it does work with the theme. =P I wish I had more time to test that set right now, but I gotta get up in 6 hours for work (so weak) but I'll run some tests tomorrow and post results. But so far that set looks awesome! Thank you! ^_^

I know you want to run Leftovers, and I think that you could run the Chesto Rest set, but instead run Lefties. Sure that's kind of weird to say, but Regirock is just damn tough to kill that two turns of resting means nothing if he get's hit. Plus all you need to do is just Curse 2 or 3 times, Rest, wait 2 turns, then attack.

I understand that it may not be the best thing in the world, but it's worth a shot and you should certainly try it.
Hm, that's a good point, with already high defense being increased with Curse, and Sandstorm boosting defense from the special side, I suppose sleeping for 2 turns wouldn't be so bad, since lefties are healing me anyway. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the comment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)