SS OU Tapu Bulu balance

I’m not very good at team building, but I believe this is probably the best team I’ve ever made.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Atk / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Horn Leech
- Toxic

(Image not showing up) Tapu Bulu is my favorite Pokémon, so I started with him. The set is copied from another Bulu team, and I liked the offensive presence and bulkiness that Bulu provided. Horn leech for stab, CC for coverage, toxic to cripple offensive and defensive threats, and swords dance to get some crucial kills on Pokémon like ferrothorn.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Heatran was the second Pokémon on this team, and he perfectly complements Bulu. Not only does he is immune to fire and poison, resists flying and steel, he also benefits greatly from grassy terrain, as damage from earthquake is haves and the general recovery is something that heatran is lacking. Set is standard, he is my stealth rocker and he deals with steel types that the rest of the team struggles with.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Slowbro completes the Fire-Water-Grass core, and he fills in the defensive gaps of the first two. He mainly acts as a defensive pivot for the more offensive Pokémon on the team. Rocky helmet was chosen because with grassy terrain, slack off, and regenerator, leftovers is overkill. Pretty standar

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

I noticed that the team did not have much speed or firepower, so I added specs dragapult to counteract that, because he hits like a nuke. Draco meteor, shadow ball, and flamethrower And for quite a bit of coverage, and u-turn allows me to pivot to my trailer Pokémon(mainly weavile).

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Another fast and strong Pokémon, weavile is really solid against things like zapdos. Boots is to make sure weavile does not get chipped down. Triple axle and knock off are our main stabs, and swords dance is to capitalize on fear. Just a standard EV spread, but very powerful.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog

Last but not lead, tornados round out the team. Regenerator pairs well with slowbro, and he is immune to ground, so he can completely counter lando-t. Taunt is for Hyper offense, trick room, and stealth rock leads, and defog is to prevent rocks from chipping our team. He is a very solid addition IMO.

If I need more text, plz let me know! Thx in advance

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
very solid team. i actually love the idea and used something similar during olt. there aren't really much flaws with this team structure i just see some flaws with some of the sets. the main issue with this team is volcarona. your heatran doesn't actually beat volcarona and it sets up on slowbro, -2 dragapult, and scares bulu out. another big problem for this team is zapdos/tornt stall which is very common nowadays. your main breaker bulu is slower and cant touch either of these things so they can both freely come in while the rest of your team pretty much gets sat on. weavile can also be quite annoying for this team to deal with as spdef heatran isn't really a reliable longterm option to beat it as it dies to +2 knock off at 75%. finally, its evident that this team does not have a ground type which is very important in this meta as volt switch from things like regieleki, zapdos, and tapu koko really annoy this team.

:dragapult: -> :garchomp: firstly, i suggest changing dragapult to spdef chomp. while this does get rid of a lot of breaking power, this will be addressed later. there are 2 main benefits to garchomp, those being, you can run another move instead of stealth rocks on heatran, and it provides this team with a much needed ground type. i suggest running spdef chomp because with my upcoming heatran change there won't be a specially defensive tank on this team, so having chomp here to sponge most non super effective special moves, mainly shadow ball, really helps. toxic chomp also greatly helps vs volcarona as you can live any hit, toxic it, then stall it out with protect from itself and heatran.

:heatran: as hinted earlier, ill be changing heatran to physically defensive. physdef heatran is a solid weavile answer as with flamebody boots weavile does not like attacking it at all. band weavile can be circumvented with grassy terrain + tapu bulu as you can typically switch heatran in enough and recover enough hp with protect to survive long enough to not immediately lose to it. i also suggest changing stealth rock to toxic. since we do not need rocks on heatran anymore, toxic is a fine option which also helps deal with volcarona, and works amazing with protect. lele is still manageable as weavile + heatran + slowbro + torn resists all its moves and there are 2 things with protect but if you're really worried about it, heavy slam over earth power is an option.

:tapu-bulu: finally i suggest changing bulu to sd orb with stone edge over toxic, and speed investment over bulk. since we got rid of specs pult, this team lacks immediate breaking power that it once had so having orb bulu with amazing coverage is more than enough. this set also addresses the problem with tornt and zapdos on stall as they do not want to be switching into adamant life orb stone edges at all. i suggest just going max speed on it since you wanna be outspeeding those spdef chomps that outpace jolly ttar.

weavile is still somewhat troublesome for this team to deal with but physdef heatran in terrain is probably the best suggestion i can do without changing the dynamic of this team. urshifu over slowbro is always an option but that would change the way you need to play the team, and if you're comfortable with that i would recommend it but weavile is still manageable without it.

https://pokepast.es/e798f2098593527c here is the team with my changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)