Synchronize and the Poke Radar

Asking this after I wiped my Emerald's saved file last Friday after transferring my Swampert, Salamence, Metagross, Absol, Latios and Gyarados from Emerald to Diamond, and I haven't started playing Emerald again yet, so i'm curious about this.

I'm trying to get a Modest Ditto in Pearl so I can breed with a Bagon to get a Modest Bagon with Hydro Pump and easy Dragon Pulse (without using my Dragon Pulse TM). Earlier I transferred some Abra with Synchronize from Leafgreen, one being a Modest one. So today I trained that Abra and now it's a Level 30 Kadabra. I used the Repel east of Canalave City (the only place in the game to find wild Ditto), put the Kadabra at the top of my lineup, saved, and have tried using the Poke Radar several times, and have caught three Ditto so far. One had a no change nature, one had Sassy and I forget what the last one had, but it wasn't Modest.

So...I know it doesn't work on legendaries, but does Synchronize work on Pokemon encountered with the Poke Radar?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sync works fine on them (in fact, everything but Cress/Mesprit since they don't enter combat with you when you first meet them) just as it does everything else. Otherwise, Ditto-hunting would be a lot more annoying. :[

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
it definitely does. I've used Synchronize with the radar on both Ditto and Larvitar and can confirm a statistically significant success rare.

sorry if this is a little off topic, but how long did it take you to encounter a ditto? i tried poke radar in that route for about half an hour and didn't see one ditto.

how do you use a poke radr?
and to get a cresslia with good ivs and a good nature, do i have to save before i see it for the first time.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
how do you use a poke radr?
and to get a cresslia with good ivs and a good nature, do i have to save before i see it for the first time.
Yes, but the Synchronize trick doesn't work with her (and Mesprit). Save, talk to her, search for her, catch her, check her stats, reset if you wish.

BTW, Shadow Tag doesn't work with Cresselia and Mesprit. Weird.

Lonely Ralts w/ Pokeradar, got 3 dittos, 1 was Lonely... either really good luck, or it's working.

Now if only I could find a Jolly Syncronizer, or better yet, a Jolly Ditto.

Mario With Lasers

Well, I was using a Bold Abra when I talked with Mesprit. I caught five Mesprits, and none of them were Bold. I don't remember how many Cresselias I caught, but it was at least seven and none of them were Bold.

Well, I was using a Bold Abra when I talked with Mesprit. I caught five Mesprits, and none of them were Bold. I don't remember how many Cresselias I caught, but it was at least seven and none of them were Bold.
I think the person right above you told that it doesn't work on running pokemons.

Hmm...Has anyone tried leading with a Synchronize pokemon against Mesprit/Cress when encountering them in the grass for the first time? I'd assume that the game calculates what the wild pokemon's stats and nature are when you fight it, not when you talk to it and set it loose...

Hmm...Has anyone tried leading with a Synchronize pokemon against Mesprit/Cress when encountering them in the grass for the first time? I'd assume that the game calculates what the wild pokemon's stats and nature are when you fight it, not when you talk to it and set it loose...
Yeah that was what I had in mind but I tired it on Cresselia with my Bold Synchronize Alakazam and only 2 out of 23 had a Bold nature. So it fell short of 50%.

Mario With Lasers

I tried twice with Mesprit, but then I caught this beauty and ended up the research x_x

sorry if this is a little off topic, but how long did it take you to encounter a ditto? i tried poke radar in that route for about half an hour and didn't see one ditto.
When you enter the patch of grass, if you haven't encountered a Pokemon yet, get off your bike and look for a patch of grass with yellow on the top when it shakes. The PokeRadar Pokemon of the area are there about 75% of the time. There are times they aren't, but mostly for Baltoy and them. Check it out.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
freaktron, maybe it's like the Flame Body / Magma Armour thing where if you bring it in from the ADV games it doesn't work? You could try catching an Abra in D/P and using that. No need to evolve it really... Just give it a Smoke Ball to escape the Wild Pokemon 100% and get rid of Teleport using the Move Deleter (or you'll be in my friend's situation where Ditto used Transform and teleported away...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)