Sweeping Walls(OU RMT)

As implied by the title, this team uses underrated sweepers and sweeper-walls such as BulkyMence to sweep the opposing team. Anyways onto the team......

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
Jolly
6 HP ,252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Standard Aero lead. Sets up my rocks and taunts other leads. Earthquake and Stone Edge for coverage. Not much to say here...........

------------------------------------------------------------
Blissey@leftovers
Calm
252 HP, 252 Def,6 Sp Def
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Softboiled

Here's where it starts to get interesting. I do not understand why people do not use this Blissey more often! This thing just pwns! Calm Mind is to boost Sp Atk to sweep. BeamBolt for coverage, and softboiled for reliable healing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Salamence@Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP, 180 Def, 76 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Wow. Like many of my other sweeper walls, this takes things down so fast, it's not funny. It has swept teams so many times, I cannot emphasize how good this thing is. Dragon Dance is to boost attack and speed, roost is for reliable recovery, Outrage is for STAB, and Earthquake is for steels.
Alakazam@Life Orb
Timid
6 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
-Charge Beam
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
Azelf, eat your heart out. Once this thing has two charge beams in, it WILL sweep at least 2 pokemon. Alakazam was largely outclassed by Azelf and this set exploits the fact that there are hundreds of Gyarados around in OU.
Charge Beam is to boost stats, Psychic is for STAB, Shadow Ball is for Ghosts, and Focus Blast is for T-tar.
Rhyperior@leftovers
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch
I can't believe that no one uses this. CursePerior is absolutely AMAZING. This takes things by surprise so much, I cannot emphasize how many times this has saved me. Curse is to boost stats, Earthquake and Stone Edge are for STAB and coverage, and Fire Punch is for Grassers, Scizor, Forretress, and Bronzong.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Heatran@Choice Scarf
Naive
6 Hp, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-HP ice
-Explosion
Heatran is here to revenge kill the threats to this team such as Scizor, Shaymin, and other assorted threats. Fire Blast for STAB, Earth Power for coverage, Hp ice for dragons, and Explosion for Blissey.

wouldn't it be prudent to invest some EV's in Rhyperiors sp.def since A) his base defense is already relativley high and B) it'll be getting boosted from curse.

Just a thought.

I just don't get why people don't do this....

Look, if you put charge beam on a serene grace bliss you'll always get a SpA boost, and you don't need the SpD boost.
So that way, you can do damage while setting up. I can see bliss having to run away alot anyway(Physical attackers) so using calm mind then having to switch without doing much kinda sucks.

Also, dragon pulse will work instead of HP ice for heatran. Less things resist dragon that ice and fire+ground is a good attacking combo already.

Couple of Thoughts:

I would consider Cresselia on a team like this, perhaps over Alakazam. It is a lot more sturdy than Alakazam, and it can fulfill many of the same functions (as well as having a handy immunity to Earth). A set that I have found to be good is Calm Mind, Psychic, Moonlight, and HP Fighting. Psychic for STAB, obv, and HP Fighting for type coverage, specifically Darks. It gets walled like crazy by Spiritomb (and likely Pursuited to death), unfortunately, but there's not a lot you can do about that unless you want to drop the STAB psychic for another move (Shadow Ball allows you to be at worst Neutral against every pokemon, but you lose STAB that way).

It seems that Aerodactyl exists entirely on your team for Taunting their lead to prevent stealth rock and then setting up a stealth rock of his own. There is nothing wrong with this. Except for the fact that Deoxys-S does it faster, and thus better. Deo-S also has a better movepool for attacking moves, or alternately provides additional set-up/anti-set-up potential in Light Screen, Reflect, Spikes, and Knock Off.

I'd also consider re-thinking Salamence. A lot of people are running ice-sharders these days due to Shaymin-S, and being quad-weak to a commonly used priority move is just inviting trouble. Weavile or Mamoswine can easily switch in on your dragon dance (or if you manage to KO something else) and take down your danced lizard before he gets a chance to put it to good use. Gyrados can be similarly bulky and can similarly run Dragon Dance and a good set of attacks. You lose your Roosting ability, as well as STAB Outrage, but it still seems like a very viable set. I dunno, it's really up to you on this one, but I'd say it heavily depends on the Ice Shard usage you've seen recently.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Calm Mind Blissey doesn't need a Calm nature, no special attacks are going to even dent her after a CM. Bold or Modest would be much better.

Sorry but i don't see this team doing that well in this metagame.

First of all, i hope you know blissey is only usefull when you killed all of your opponent's psychical sweepers cause any random Lucario can come in and nail you. You do want a better steel type here cause Salamence with Outrage is pretty ghey. If you want a good steel type, skarmory learns Swords Dance, which can be usefull and unexpected. You can ditch salamence or heatran for that.

I might screw your team abit now, but i really can't see this working. But if it works for you then ignore what i wrote lulz.

You say this is a sweeping wall team but you don't have the ultimate wall/sweeper (In my opinion), CMCune.

Suicine @ Leftovers
Calm Mind
Surf/Hydro Pump (I prefer Surf)
Ice Beam
Rest.
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defence/ 6HP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)