Resource SV Ubers UU Viability Rankings (Post #94 for February Shifts)

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
The new shifts are here! I'm bolding anything that rose or feel more than 1 rank:

:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings to S
:Arceus-Dark:Arceus-Dark from A+ to S
:Mewtwo:Mewtwo to S-
:Deoxys:Deoxys to A+
:Kingambit:Kingambit to A+
:Kyurem-White:Kyurem-White to A+
:Solgaleo:Solgaleo to A+
:Chi-Yu:Chi-Yu from A to A+
:Arceus-Electric:Arceus-Electric to A
:Great Tusk:Great Tusk to A
:Landorus-Therian:Landorus-Therian to A-
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame:Ogerpon-Hearthflame to A-
:Regieleki:Regieleki to A-
:Iron Treads:Iron Treads to B+
:Skarmory:Skarmory to B+
:Toxapex:Toxapex to B+
:Annihilape:Annihilape to B-
:Gouging Fire:Gouging Fire to B-
:Lugia:Lugia to B-
:Mandibuzz:Mandibuzz from C+ to B-
:Galvantula:Galvantula to C+
:Iron Boulder:Iron Boulder to C+
:Reshiram:Reshiram to C+
:Deoxys-Defense:Deoxys-Defense to C
:Maushold:Maushold to C-
:Primarina:Primarina to C-
:Raging Bolt:Raging Bolt to C-
:Serperior:Serperior to C-
:Smeargle:Smeargle to C-
:Sceptile: Sceptile to D

:Magearna:Magearna from S to A+
:Arceus-Poison:Arceus-Poison from S- to A-
:Cyclizar:Cyclizar from S- to A-

:Zacian: Zacian-Hero from S- to A+
:Arceus-Fire:Arceus-Fire from A+ to A
:Dialga:Dialga from A+ to A-
:Gholdengo:Gholdengo from A+ to B+
:Palafin:Palafin from A+ to A-

:Arceus-Grass:Arceus-Grass from A to A-
:Dondozo:Dondozo from A- to B
:Landorus:Landorus from A to A-
:Blissey:Blissey from A- to B
:Clefable:Clefable from A- to B+
:Corviknight:Corviknight from A- to B-
:Dragapult:Dragapult from A- to B

:Garganacl:Garganacl from A- to B+
:Roaring Moon:Roaring Moon from A- to C+
:Sneasler:Sneasler from A- to B+
:Walking Wake:Walking Wake from A- to B
:Baxcalibur:Baxcalibur from B+ to B-
:Iron Moth:Iron Moth from B+ to C

:Rillaboom:Rillaboom from B+ to B
:Slowking-Galar:Slowking-Galar from B+ to B
:Alomomola:Alomomola from B to C+
:Arceus-Fighting: Arceus-Fighting from B to B-
:Arceus-Ice:Arceus-Ice from B to C
:Cinderace:Cinderace from B to C

:Dragonite:Dragonite from B to B-
:Espathra:Espathra from B to C
:Garchomp:Garchomp from B to C+
:Gothitelle:Gothitelle from B to C+
:Masquerain:Masquerain from B to C-
:Meowscarada:Meowscarada from B to C+
:Ninetales-Alola:Ninetales-Alola from B to C
:Ogerpon-Wellspring:Ogerpon-Wellspring from B to C+

:Urshifu:Urshifu from B to B-
:Volcarona:Volcarona from B to B-
:Amoonguss:Amoonguss from B- to C-
:Arceus-Psychic:Arceus-Psychic from B- to C+
:Arceus-Rock:Arceus-Rock from B- to C
:Heatran:Heatran from B- to C
:Moltres: Moltres from B- to C

:Palkia:Palkia from B- to C+
:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon from B- to C
:Zamazenta:Zamazenta-Hero from B- to C-
:Azumarill:Azumarill from C+ to C-
:Dugtrio: Dugtrio from C+ to C-
:Hippowdon: Hippowdon from C+ to UR
:Iron Valiant:Iron Valiant from C+ to UR
:Quagsire: Quagsire from C+ to C-

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike from C+ to C
:Ceruledge:Ceruledge from C to UR
:Cresselia:Cresselia from C to UR
:Crocalor:Crocalor from C to UR
:Cutiefly:Cutiefly from C to UR

:Dialga-Origin:Dialga-Origin from C to C-
:Donphan:Donphan from C to UR
:Espeon:Espeon from C to UR
:Hoopa-Unbound:Hoopa-Unbound from C to UR

:Manaphy:Manaphy from C to C-
:Sandy shocks:Sandy Shocks from C to UR
:Thundurus-Therian:Thundurus-Therian from C to UR
:Zapdos:Zapdos from C to UR

:Basculegion-F:Basculegion-F from C- to UR
:Crawdaunt:Crawdaunt from C- to UR
:Darkrai:Darkrai from C- to UR
:Greninja:Greninja from C- to UR
:Kommo-o:Kommo-o from C- to UR
:Milotic:Milotic from C- to UR
:Ogerpon:Ogerpon from C- to UR
:Orthworm:Orthworm from C- to D
:Overqwil:Overqwil from C- to UR
:Scizor:Scizor from C- to UR
:Scream Tail: Scream Tail from C- to UR
:Thundurus: Thundurus from C- to UR

Only 'mons that didn't move: Palkia-O (S-), Zamazenta-Crowned (A), Tyranitar (C), Enamorus (C-), and Arceus-Bug (D)

Last edited:
Smeargle from C- to C tier
I laddered with Smeargle for a solid amount of time and feel like their niche is more than valid in the tier, it beats many slow lead options such as solgaleo, and it isn't confined to webs, it has a decent place in the tier and good matchups all around, another thing, sleep isn't very common in the tier, and 1 free turn for mons such as Necrozma-Dawn or Mewtwo can be game ending

PS: (when i say i laddered, i mean i got a decent elo, in this case, 1423)

Padstar34

formerly FlygonNo.1
is a Tiering Contributor
Just wondering, is Eleki in A- tier almost entirely due to it's screens setting? I've used offensive Eleki a few times and I've always just thought the thing sucked complete balls offensively, doesn't do enough damage without specs, and committing tera just to do 40-50% on electric resists just sucks, especially given how prediction reliant specs is, and as far as hazard removal goes, there are better options that don't die in single hits, particuarly given eleki is not threatening anything out with boots tbolts. If it's entitely due to screens, then I understand, but if otherwise, could anyone explain?

Last edited:
The new shifts are here! I'm bolding anything that rose or feel more than 1 rank:

:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings to S
:Arceus-Dark:Arceus-Dark from A+ to S
:Mewtwo:Mewtwo to S-
:Deoxys:Deoxys to A+
:Kingambit:Kingambit to A+
:Kyurem-White:Kyurem-White to A+
:Solgaleo:Solgaleo to A+
:Chi-Yu:Chi-Yu from A to A+
:Arceus-Electric:Arceus-Electric to A
:Great Tusk:Great Tusk to A
:Landorus-Therian:Landorus-Therian to A-
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame:Ogerpon-Hearthflame to A-
:Iron Treads:Iron Treads to B+
:Skarmory:Skarmory to B+
:Toxapex:Toxapex to B+
:Annihilape:Annihilape to B-
:Gouging Fire:Gouging Fire to B-
:Lugia:Lugia to B-
:Mandibuzz:Mandibuzz from C+ to B-
:Galvantula:Galvantula to C+
:Iron Boulder:Iron Boulder to C+
:Reshiram:Reshiram to C+
:Deoxys-Defense:Deoxys-Defense to C
:Maushold:Maushold to C-
:Primarina:Primarina to C-
:Raging Bolt:Raging Bolt to C-
:Serperior:Serperior to C-
:Smeargle:Smeargle to C-

:Magearna:Magearna from S to A+
:Arceus-Poison:Arceus-Poison from S- to A-
:Cyclizar:Cyclizar from S- to A-

:Zacian-Hero:Zacian-Hero from S- to A+
:Arceus-Fire:Arceus-Fire from A+ to A
:Dialga:Dialga from A+ to A-
:Gholdengo:Gholdengo from A+ to B+
:Palafin:Palafin from A+ to A-

:Arceus-Grass:Arceus-Grass from A to A-
:Dondozo:Dondozo from A- to B
:Landorus:Landorus from A to A-
:Blissey:Blissey from A- to B
:Clefable:Clefable from A- to B+
:Corviknight:Corviknight from A- to B-
:Dragapult:Dragapult from A- to B

:Garganacl:Garganacl from A- to B+
:Roaring Moon:Roaring Moon from A- to C+
:Sneasler:Sneasler from A- to B+
:Walking Wake:Walking Wake from A- to B
:Baxcalibur:Baxcalibur from B+ to B-
:Iron Moth:Iron Moth from B+ to C

:Rillaboom:Rillaboom from B+ to B
:Slowking-Galar:Slowking-Galar from B+ to B
:Alomomola:Alomomola from B to C+
:Arceus-Fighing:Arceus-Fighing from B to B-
:Arceus-Ice:Arceus-Ice from B to C
:Cinderace:Cinderace from B to C

:Dragonite:Dragonite from B to B-
:Espathra:Espathra from B to C
:Garchomp:Garchomp from B to C+
:Gothitelle:Gothitelle from B to C+
:Masquerain:Masquerain from B to C-
:Meowscarada:Meowscarada from B to C+
:Ninetales-Alola:Ninetales-Alola from B to C
:Ogerpon-Wellspring:Ogerpon-Wellspring from B to C+

:Urshifu:Urshifu from B to B-
:Volcarona:Volcarona from B to B-
:Amoonguss:Amoonguss from B- to C-
:Arceus-Psychic:Arceus-Psychic from B- to C+
:Arceus-Rock:Arceus-Rock from B- to C
:Heatran:Heatran from B- to C
:Moltres: Moltres from B- to C

:Palkia:Palkia from B- to C+
:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon from B- to C
:Zamazenta:Zamazenta-Hero from B- to C-
:Azumarill:Azumarill from C+ to C-
:Dugtrio: Dugtrio from C+ to C-
:Hippowdon: Hippowdon from C+ to UR
:Iron Valiant:Iron Valiant from C+ to UR
:Quagsire: Quagsire from C+ to C-

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike from C+ to C
:Ceruledge:Ceruledge from C to UR
:Cresselia:Cresselia from C to UR
:Crocalor:Crocalor from C to UR
:Cutiefly:Cutiefly from C to UR

:Dialga-Origin:Dialga-Origin from C to C-
:Donphan:Donphan from C to UR
:Espeon:Espeon from C to UR
:Hoopa-Unbound:Hoopa-Unbound from C to UR

:Manaphy:Manaphy from C to C-
:Sandy shocks:Sandy Shocks from C to UR
:Thundurus-Therian:Thundurus-Therian from C to UR
:Zapdos:Zapdos from C to UR

:Basculegion-F:Basculegion-F from C- to UR
:Crawdaunt:Crawdaunt from C- to UR
:Darkrai:Darkrai from C- to UR
:Greninja:Greninja from C- to UR
:Kommo-o:Kommo-o from C- to UR
:Milotic:Milotic from C- to UR
:Ogerpon:Ogerpon from C- to UR
:Orthworm:Orthworm from C- to UR
:Overqwil:Overqwil from C- to UR
:Scizor:Scizor from C- to UR
:Scream Tail: Scream Tail from C- to UR
:Thundurus: Thundurus from C- to UR

Only 'mons that didn't move: Palkia-O (S-), Zamazenta-Crowned (A), Tyranitar (C), Enamorus (C-), and Arceus-Bug (D)
somebody brought to my attention the lack of excadrill but the presence of tyranitar

Lugia at B- feels super generous, I think it should probably drop because it's outclassed as a bulky glue Mon entirely by Necrozma dawn wings and Solgaleo and honestly isn't very good because to wall stuff you have to spend turns setting up or waste a tera into it

C+ or C feels more accurate for Lugia

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
Just wondering, is Eleki in A- tier almost entirely due to it's screens setting? I've used offensive Eleki a few times and I've always just thought the thing sucked complete balls offensively, doesn't do enough damage without specs, and committing tera just to do 40-50% on electric resists just sucks, especially given how prediction reliant specs is, and as far as hazard removal goes, there are better options that don't die in single hits, particuarly given eleki is not threatening anything out with boots tbolts. If it's entitely due to screens, then I understand, but if otherwise, could anyone explain?
Screens, nearly guaranteed rapid spin, and fast thunder waves as well. It has a lot of utility on top of threatening boltbeam sweeping

olivia

bellibolt saleswoman
is a Pre-Contributor
:Bellibolt: to C- tier as I'm looking at that tier and thinking Bellibolt is considerably better than most of these mons here. It's a tier filled with physical Pokémon, dominated by Zacian who literally cannot break Bellibolt. There is not many ground types in this tier and even the ones that are there don't want to switch in on Muddy Water or Soak.

4 SpA Bellibolt Muddy Water vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 222-262 (51.1 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Bellibolt Muddy Water vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus: 160-190 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Bellibolt Muddy Water vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 202-238 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are the bums we're choosing to deal with Bellibolt? None these dudes even have healing. Stick a defensive tera typing on this dude that suits your team and he will not let you down. I would have argued to put it even higher but there were a lot of special threats that have arrived recently. Bellibolt has more than sufficient bulk to handle these frauds too but it doesn't get value from its static ability in this regard sadly. Discharge can deal with it and I'm considering a Modest max HP max Attack Assault Vest set on it if some of these dudes get too annoying.
It performed admirably when I used it in both top 32 and 16 of the Kickoff Tour and has been doing things on ladder too.

Ursaluna, from B to A
there isn't much to say, this metagame is overrun by Trick Room and Ursaluna is a major part (yes, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings and Solgaleo are also a big part on that but there is no saying that Ursaluna is one of its best abusers, and that Trick Room would be a lot worse without its presence)

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ogerpon-hearthflame: to A
i'm currently running a sun team for ndw reqs (i'm doing crap btw), but in the games i won, ogerpon can really sweep. SD + Tera is no joke, even against resists and especially under sun. the only way to truly stop it after a boost are quad resists or tera play which is either situational or risky. i do however think A+ might be an overstatement since i was running on sun

Qbking3

Banned deucer.
Ursaluna, from B to A
there isn't much to say, this metagame is overrun by Trick Room and Ursaluna is a major part (yes, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings and Solgaleo are also a big part on that but there is no saying that Ursaluna is one of its best abusers, and that Trick Room would be a lot worse without its presence)
In its, current state, I mostly agree with this except I would put it in B+. The tr team is being spammed on ladder for the suspect but it’s been good the whole time people were just unaware it existed before it was out on a pedestal. I think it is the best abuser for obvious reasons but its strength is also being highlighted and that makes it seem stronger than it really is. It is only really able to work well on hard tr teams which makes it very hard to facilitate. Hard tr teams have many weaknesses such as most of the setters being steel types leading to the many new ground mons forcing Tera early. It is also very weak to Palafin because of its ability to just ignore the trick room with jet punch. Most teams that aren’t trick room or stall have at least one of the two on it. It is a menace in low to mid ladder but in an environment like top ladder or tournaments where people are playing carefully and have better built teams, it struggles a lot more.

Opinion on the current tier list. I'll only mention massive shifts, the ones of 2 or more subranks.

Rises
:Galvantula: Galvantula from C+ to B/B+.
Galvantula is just our best web setter by far, and said style exploded in popularity in the last 2 weeks for plenty of good reasons, like plenty of somewhat slow but insanely powerful Wallbreakers (Looking at you, Kyurem-White, and kinda Dawn Wings as well), but also because Galvantula's speed and access to thunder Wave to cripple opposing leads.

:Iron Moth: Iron Moth from C to B-
Iron Moth is being adopted as a new all-out attacker in Web teams due to rise of steel types, using full special attack investment because you don't need more speed under webs. While it's somewhat outclassed by Ogerpon and Arceus-Fire, it's also less prone to struggle with opposing dragon due to access to dazzling gleam.

:Zamazenta: Zamazenta-Hero from C- to B-
This big doggo still has a clear niche as a pokémon, because it is a fighting type faster than Mewtwo, who can threat a 2HKO to it with Crunch. It is useful mainly because of some sticky web teams do need some form of speed control in case of Regieleki, which is more common than one would expect.

:Samurott-Hisui: Samurott-Hisui from Unranked to C
There's no way around it, but Samurott-Hisui is viable in this format. A big appeal is its spike setting move with 146 BP after STAB, but Dark in general has gotten more valuable due to the drop of Zamazenta and rise of psychic types. It also has some tricks under its sleeve to be a generally good lead who can be played during the midgame, like priority Aqua Jet for focus sash or Knock off for general utility. Here I have proof of Samurott-Hisui working on tournament level:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubersuu-740551?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubersuu-741352

Sleep users: From Unranked to D rank.
This is more of a formality because Sleep got quickbanned. Not because they're good but because sleep is only an Ubers and Ubers UU thing now.

Drops
:Mewtwo: Mewtwo from S- to A.
As much as I wish it was otherwise, the truth is that Mewtwo is struggling a bit right now. The main issue is the fact it's forced to use shadow Ball for Dawn Wings and it is outsped by Zamazenta and Deoxys, giving him little room to do its cleaning duties.

:Zamazenta-Crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned from A to B+
Zamazenta hasn't won a lot by the tier shift, In fact I would say it's struggling a bit more due to Dawn Wings and more psychic types in general, alongside more Chi-Yu action.

:Iron treads: Iron Treads from B+ to B-.
Sadly speed isn't that good of an attribute. The main issue here is that there's many good ground and steel types, and Iron treads is a steel weak to water which means it fails to check the common Palkia-Origin, as well as a ground type weak to opposing gound and fire meaning it fails to check many powerful attackers who use ground or fire to break opposing steel types.

:Spectrier: from B to C+.
Spectrier is a mono ghost type, meaning it has to compete with Dawn Wings and usually it loses the competition due to lower bulk, power, utility and coverage. This makes Spectrier a bit too limited, specially because the tier is filled with Dark types to check Dawn Wings like Kingambit, Arceus-Dark and Chi-Yu.

:Meowscarada: to B- or B rank.

With :Mewtwo:, :Deoxys:, and the currently suspect tested :Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: in the tier, being immune to their Psychic STAB is something good that goes under the radar, and in NDW's case, Meowscarada's Dark type also gets it to resist Moongeist Beam, and possibly get the KO in return.

252+ SpA Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Moongeist Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Meowscarada: 138-162 (47 - 55.2%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: 396-468 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Also of interest to Meowscarada is that it outspeeds :Arceus: and :Cyclizar: and is able to get the Taunt on them. On top of that, it's the fastest available user of Toxic Spikes, which has been put to great effect recently in the Ubers UU Kickoff. Looking at the VR, there are a total of 4 poison types at B- or above, meaning that it's not that much at risk of being removed simply by having a Poison type on the field. Toxic Spikes can also force some mons to stay in their current types since if they Tera out of a type with an immunity and switch out, they risk getting hurt by Toxic Spikes.

Leo Justice

Ubers UU leader
is a Forum Moderator
Some changes I'd like to see on the next VR, as long as nothing changes too much in the tier shift

Rises:

:Zacian: Zacian - A+ > S-
Zacian is still Zacian, and its still great. It is not a mon that you will autoinclude (Don't want a repeat of Week 6 of the Kickoff, please), but it is still really good. NDW Being gone means it has less competition for Tera, alongside the fact that it could not handle it very well due to needing Crunch for it.

:Magearna: Magearna - A+ > S-/S
Magearna is severely underrated. It is mainly due to new toy syndrome, but I believe it is still one of the best mons in the tier. It can stand up to a lot of threats and most of them need to prepare for it specifically.

:Arceus-Fire: Arceus-Fire - A > A+/S-
I dislike how good this thing is. Its really good at breaking through teams and making holes. It is impossible to switch into and it is extremely good at making holes for other offensive threats and/or clean up teams. Almost too good

:Palkia: Palkia - C+ > B-/B
I've been running Scarf Palkia and it has had a lot of success. Being able to switch into water moves from pokemon like opposing Palkia-O's and then threatening a draco back makes it extremely effective and making things switch. It can cripple things with Trick, and it can revenge kill a lot of the metagame once its been cheaped down

Drops:
:Arceus-Dark: Arceus-Dark- S > A+/A
It is no surprise that Arceus-Dark's rise to S rank was due to NDW. Without NDW, I do believe that it is still really good, just not S tier material anymore

:Kyurem-White: Kyurem-White - A+ > A-
I think this thing is overrated. Scarf sets are too weak and too slow compared to other scarfers, and oftentimes it relies too much on prediction. Personally, I think specs and HDB are both better than scarf, since they give the power and the flexibility to beat things like Magearna

:Regieleki: Regieleki - A- > B
This is a common complaint on the VR's inaccuracy, and I completely agree. Screens eleki is fine but it is not great. And offensive pivot eleki generally is too tera reliant, too frail, and it often needs to sac teammates for it to properly revenge things as it is too weak.

:Pelipper: Pelipper - B > C+/C
Rain sucks. Bottom text. Yeah Rain is like one thing that it should be potentially really good, with access to Palafin + Palkia-O for its big damage. However, it feels like on practice it is really bad, as it is more hazard weak than Sun somehow, while it doesn't get the results you'd think it'd get

:Arceus-Ice: Arceus-Ice - C > D
Straight up unviable. All of it's niche went with Arceus-Electric, and it's poor matchup into any Arceus form that isn't grass makes it really mediocre overall.

Some changes I'd like to see on the next VR, as long as nothing changes too much in the tier shift

Rises:

:Zacian: Zacian - A+ > S-
Zacian is still Zacian, and its still great. It is not a mon that you will autoinclude (Don't want a repeat of Week 6 of the Kickoff, please), but it is still really good. NDW Being gone means it has less competition for Tera, alongside the fact that it could not handle it very well due to needing Crunch for it.

:Magearna: Magearna - A+ > S-/S
Magearna is severely underrated. It is mainly due to new toy syndrome, but I believe it is still one of the best mons in the tier. It can stand up to a lot of threats and most of them need to prepare for it specifically.

:Arceus-Fire: Arceus-Fire - A > A+/S-
I dislike how good this thing is. Its really good at breaking through teams and making holes. It is impossible to switch into and it is extremely good at making holes for other offensive threats and/or clean up teams. Almost too good

:Palkia: Palkia - C+ > B-/B
I've been running Scarf Palkia and it has had a lot of success. Being able to switch into water moves from pokemon like opposing Palkia-O's and then threatening a draco back makes it extremely effective and making things switch. It can cripple things with Trick, and it can revenge kill a lot of the metagame once its been cheaped down

Drops:
:Arceus-Dark: Arceus-Dark- S > A+/A
It is no surprise that Arceus-Dark's rise to S rank was due to NDW. Without NDW, I do believe that it is still really good, just not S tier material anymore

:Kyurem-White: Kyurem-White - A+ > A-
I think this thing is overrated. Scarf sets are too weak and too slow compared to other scarfers, and oftentimes it relies too much on prediction. Personally, I think specs and HDB are both better than scarf, since they give the power and the flexibility to beat things like Magearna

:Regieleki: Regieleki - A- > B
This is a common complaint on the VR's inaccuracy, and I completely agree. Screens eleki is fine but it is not great. And offensive pivot eleki generally is too tera reliant, too frail, and it often needs to sac teammates for it to properly revenge things as it is too weak.

:Pelipper: Pelipper - B > C+/C
Rain sucks. Bottom text. Yeah Rain is like one thing that it should be potentially really good, with access to Palafin + Palkia-O for its big damage. However, it feels like on practice it is really bad, as it is more hazard weak than Sun somehow, while it doesn't get the results you'd think it'd get

:Arceus-Ice: Arceus-Ice - C > D
Straight up unviable. All of it's niche went with Arceus-Electric, and it's poor matchup into any Arceus form that isn't grass makes it really mediocre overall.
I agree with all your points, besides magearna, it's still good but it's nowhere as good as before, i think A+ is just fine for it as it actually has more competition as a gluemon, mainly with Solgaleo and Skarmory, besides, the mons in A+ are already some of the best in the tier

i don't think you understand, what options does Reshiram even have over Kyurem White?
It's weaker, it's slower, it's less bulky, it's also weak to rocks, it lacks coverage, the most you can even consider is not being weak to fairy and STAB blue flare, nobody considers Reshiram
more defensive utility, and yeah STAB blue flare and fairy neutrality

As you might recall there's 3 new Additions to the Tier, and we lost Iron Treads. Here are my suggestions as a result of it.

:Deoxys-Speed: Deoxys Speed to A- tier.
Incredibly fast, being a better Deoxys-Normal in the lead role. That being said it's actually weak while still not very resilient, meaning it's ONLY good as a lead and hazard setter. It's also outsped by Regieleki, which is a problem because Regieleki is oddly popular at top level as an offensive support/spinner to deny the strategies Deoxys speed is trying to do, and in this context it's actually a bit worse than normal.

:Hatterene: Hatterene to B+ tier.
The tier is filled with good psychics, most notably Mewtwo and Solgaleo. What separates Hatterene from others is its magic bounce, which is... Quite good, but it doesn't deny the fact you're using an incredibly slow pokémon without reliable recovery. It will help some structures, and she has some great moves like Nuzzle, but at times Hatterene can feel underwhelming, and doesn't help that she hits weaker than 136 Special attack would suggest. Is a fine addition for teams with Arceus-Fire and Kyurem-White though, which is quite useful as a Niche considering many have said "They would be broken if it wasn't for Stealth Rock".

:Pecharunt: Pecharunt to C- tier and that's being generous.
Pecharunt is a worse Toxapex or Arceus-Poison in many aspects, as well as a worse Giratina in others. The main problem is its passivity, barebones movepool and overreliance on randomness. It's quite bulky, but so is Toxapex, Arceus-Poison and Giratina. Toxapex has regenerator for infinite sustain in theory (and practice at times), Giratina has phazing, hazard removal and burns alongside being less passive, and the worst is that Arceus-Poison is just better in everything it's trying to do. I'd argue Gholdengo is better on defense due to its status immunity meaning is not shut down by taunt or thunder wave, while steel is even better defensively than poison, and I don't think Gholdengo is very good on defense to begin with.

:Excadrill: from Unranked to C.
This is mostly as a replacement for Iron treads as a poison immune spinner. It's not nearly as good due to being outsped by the likes of Kyurem and both Landorus, but it's an actual valuable niche no other pokémon can do in this tier.

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
The council has updated the VR! Here's where each 'mon stands.

Rises

:Iron-Treads: to Ubers
:Arceus-Fire: from A to S-
:Magearna: from A+ to S-
:Zacian: from A+ to S-
:Great-Tusk: from A to A+
:Palafin: from A- to A
:Dialga: from A- to A
:Landorus: from A- to A
:Giratina: from A- to A
:Clefable: from B+ to A-
:Blissey: from B to A-
:Slowking-Galar: from B to A-

:Hatterene: to B+
:Deoxys-Speed: to B
:Gothitelle: from C+ to B
:Roaring-Moon: from C+ to B
:Galvantula: from C+ to B
:Quagsire: from C- to B
:Ninetales-Alola: from C to B-
:Tyranitar: from C to B-

:Garchomp: from C+ to B-
:Excadrill: to B-
:Amoonguss: from C- to C
:Raging-bolt: from C- to C
:Pecharunt: to C-

Drops
:Arceus-Dark: from S to A+
:Chi-yu: from A+ to A
:Deoxys: from A+ to A
:Kingambit: from A+ to A
:Kyurem-White: from A+ to A-
:Arceus-electric: from A to B+

:Arceus-Grass: from A- to B+
:Cyclizar: from A- to B+
:Arceus-Dragon: from B+ to B
:Garganacl: from B+ to B
:Regieleki: from A- to B
:Torkoal: from B+ to B
:Spectrier: from B to B-
:Dondozo: from B to B-
:Rillaboom: from B to B-
:Pelipper:from B to B-
:Lugia: from B- to C+
:Gouging-Fire: from B- to C
:Arceus-Psychic: from C+ to C
:Reshiram: from C+ to C-
:Cinderace:from C to C-
:Arceus-Rock: from C to C-
:Iron-Moth: from C to C-
:Moltres: from C to C-
:Arceus-Ice: from C to D
:Dialga-Origin: from C- to D
:Iron-Boulder: from C+ to UR
:Deoxys-Defense: from C to UR

:Azumarill: from C- to UR
:Manaphy: from C- to UR
:Serperior: from C- to UR
:Masquerain: from C- to UR

where is azumarill kine

where is she

it's better than primarina or at least on the same level

primarina is there

why isnt azu

where is azumarill kine

where is she

it's better than primarina or at least on the same level

primarina is there

why isnt azu
It's unranked now too slow and physical bulk is too high for it to do much with aqua Jet too difficult to set up the belly drum probably too

Azu never runs bd outside of tr btw. Instead it most often runs knock off.

I really don't understand how Primarina is still ranked but Azu isn't when Prim is so passive. I'll use the main reason you are running these two, Palkia-O, as an example. With max special attack investement (which you are never ever running) Prim's moonblast only has a 31% chance to kill. In contrast, Azu is doing minimum 110%. On the defensive side Azu is taking 23%-27% from a hydro pump with optimal investments, while Prim takes 15%-18% with maximum investments. However, Prim is actually going to take more damage in this context as it will be getting hit twice. When applied to other interactions, Azu has both knock off and aqua jet for priority (not strong but priority is priority), and has belly drum for tr. Prim has flip turn for pivoting and psychic noise for heal blocking, which are definitely useful, but are overall less impactful than Azu's additions. Azu also gets points for being a physical attacker in a world where everything throws evs into spd, but that's not nearly as impactful as the rest of it's good points. Both these mons play slightly different roles, but overall if you are gonna rank primarina then azumarill should absolutely be in the same tier.

Leo Justice

Ubers UU leader
is a Forum Moderator
Azu never runs bd outside of tr btw. Instead it most often runs knock off.

I really don't understand how Primarina is still ranked but Azu isn't when Prim is so passive. I'll use the main reason you are running these two, Palkia-O, as an example. With max special attack investement (which you are never ever running) Prim's moonblast only has a 31% chance to kill. In contrast, Azu is doing minimum 110%. On the defensive side Azu is taking 23%-27% from a hydro pump with optimal investments, while Prim takes 15%-18% with maximum investments. However, Prim is actually going to take more damage in this context as it will be getting hit twice. When applied to other interactions, Azu has both knock off and aqua jet for priority (not strong but priority is priority), and has belly drum for tr. Prim has flip turn for pivoting and psychic noise for heal blocking, which are definitely useful, but are overall less impactful than Azu's additions. Azu also gets points for being a physical attacker in a world where everything throws evs into spd, but that's not nearly as impactful as the rest of it's good points. Both these mons play slightly different roles, but overall if you are gonna rank primarina then azumarill should absolutely be in the same tier.
Primarina gets flip turn and draining kiss. Technically it also gets alluring voice too if you're into that.
Draining kiss allows it more longevity than Azumarill (besides the fact that it's just bulkier), and flip turn allows for it to get easy momentum. As such, it is much, much more consistent at taking care of the things it needs to take care of. You don't need to OHKO it to beat it (especially since they're very likely to just switch out). Also alluring voice goes through substitute which means that it'll actually punish palkia for trying to sub up.

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hihi, Im a more unknown player but I think the VR even with the shifts is kind of flawed, so i wanted to drop some opinions on it.

:Solgaleo: :Magearna: ---> Should Swap Places on the VR
I firmly firmly believe Solgaleo is better than Magearna. Particularly as a Special Wall, the ability Solgaleo provides with Knock and a pivot that does not get stop gapped by Great Tusk and Lando Formes, both of who have been on a rise as of late, is massive. Solgaleos better overall bulk and Roar and most importantly, reliable recovery is also great to have. I get that Twave and Spikes are valuable on the Magearna side but i just find Solgaleo's utility movepool and it being arguably easier to slap on a team than Magearna to push it slightly over the edge.

:Dialga: A -> back to A- / B+ (?)
I'm not sure why Dialga rised to be honest. I find it quite hard to justify it much over Magearna or Solgaleo much anymore, while Dragon Tail is nice a Steel that isn't neutral to Focus Blast / CC can be insanely devastating, and a lot of the stuff it in theory has a better matchup against like Palafin or Arceus-Fire have coverage for it or makes Dialga forced to Tera to take it on. TR sets have been dead in the water since ever and the uncommon offensive Dialga is just outclassed by Kyurem-W. Is it bad? Of course not, just suffers too much other competition from other defensive Steel- and Dragon-types and makes it a bit harder to build around and with.

:Arceus-Fire: S- -> S and suspect it lol
This is clearly the best mon in the tier and needs to be suspected immediately. Theres a solid shot if your Great Tusk / Giratina is at 50% / asleep Arceus-Fire gets an SD or Two off and just wins the game. STAB Flare Blitz makes everything drop and theres not much you can do about it, oftentimes in building i feel like you need 2 Arceus-Fire checks to deal with it. That's not even going with its movepool allowing it to deal with pactically anything. Worried about Lando-T and Tusk ruining your day?? Well first off you're assuming that your Lando-T or Tusk is not chipped at all and then you realize it teras and SD agains on you / uses you as recover bait. Giratina is a bit more iffy, but it can't really do much back to you and you can bring it your Magearna / Solg / Hatt / anything and get it chipped down. It's easily the most threatening and destructive sweeper in the tier and absolute deserves S tier and a potential suspect.

:Deoxys: A -> A-
The fact of the matter is Deoxys has been struggling as of late. It struggles to deal with Magearna and, to a lesser extent, Solgaleo which are both everywhere atm, Oftentimes can't fit both Knock and Espeed which it desperately needs, and Priotity like Extreme Speed from Arceus-Fire and Poison and Jet Punch Palafin makes it hard to reliable wallbreak. It also feels.... kind of lacking? Like, Shadow Ball is not a 3HKO on PhysDef Giratina, and has a very low chance to 2HKO SpD HBD Slowking-G. That's not to mention lead has fallen since Deo-S now exists. Just more inconsistent with metagame trends and more iffy than say, Mewtwo.

Some other stuff that I think has to be moved that i'm going to write little, if anything on to not make this post too long.

:Urshifu: B+ -> A-
CB hits like a truck. Thats about enough to say.

:Cyclizar: B+ -> B
B+ Is still too high for it... its extremely mediocre now.

:Toxapex: B+ -> A-
Great check and stopgap to stuff like Palkia-O, Zacian, Pfin, and others, and good movepool to back it up.

:Giratina: A -> A+ / S-
Best non Solgaleo / Magearna wall in the tier, best phaser agruably, and insanely fat on the Physically defensive side.

:Dugtrio: C- -> C / C+
Trapping Magearna and Dialga is cute! Quite underexplored overall, needs to be checked out more.

:Arceus-Grass: B+ -> B
Its hard to justify non Arceus Fire / Dark / Poison / Electric, and is oftentimes difficult to use.

:Corviknight: B- -> B+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)