Metagame SV Ubers UU Metagame Discussion (Ditto, Lunala, Iron Treads and Terapagos Dropped)

question: is it possible to be able to use magearna original? i found someone with it but when i tried to use it, the teambuilder said it was unobtainable
Is the Magearna shiny? I'm pretty sure shiny Magearna has never been released. Otherwise you should be able to just go to Magearna-Original in the team builder and be fine. It's the unlock award for finishing the dex through Sword/Shield in Pokemon Home (I think excluding Zarude which wasn't released at the time)

Is the Magearna shiny? I'm pretty sure shiny Magearna has never been released. Otherwise you should be able to just go to Magearna-Original in the team builder and be fine. It's the unlock award for finishing the dex through Sword/Shield in Pokemon Home (I think excluding Zarude which wasn't released at the time)
Shiny and non shiny are both not "obtainable" according to the teambuilder

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Cant Iron Valiant+Zacian be used together to break down their shared counters?? That sounds like a really good core
Definitely is a core you should experiment with to see if you can find some success, probably destiny bond valiant to aid zacian with something like Magearna would be a nice starting idea.

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What can actually stop Sneasler+Rillaboom from sweeping? I feel like once it's gotten a swords dance, it can 1HKO everything.
Definitely have to limit its set up opportunities but things like defensive arceus poison, fluffy houndstone, defensive moltres, defensive gholdengo (for most acro variants), defensive zapdos, hippodown can whirlwind. The rest of the counter measures rely on tera which isn’t so bad as usually sneasler will have burned its tera to start sweeping.

Qbking3

Banned deucer.
will this tier have like quick bans and suspect test?
The council is always discussing the meta and how healthy it is. When something is potentially banworthy, we do a suspect test which hasn't been done yet as everything banned thus far was so clearly broken that the outcome would be obvious. All of the bans so far have been quickbans though that will likely not be the case forever as there are no longer any Pokemon in the tier that are so broken that pretty much everyone wants it gone. Pokemon such as Zacian hero for example are very contentious as there are a lot of people who think that it's way too strong for the tier despite there being counterplay as they believe the counterplay isn't enough. We send out tiering surveys for this and if it has a high rating on how banworthy it is, then we do a suspect test.

Last edited:
will this tier have like quick bans and suspect test?
skymin was already quickbanned iirc (good riddance), but it's likely that this tier will try to minimize the amount of tiering action taken because it's, well, ubers-based. of course, if something is making the tier straight-up unplayable, i can see a suspect happening, but it's more likely that whoever's in charge of the tier will wait good and long for the meta to try to find an organic solution to it before considering a ban. "broken checks broken" is allowed to be a thing here and that's fine

There have already been several pre association! Arceus-Steel,Electric, Ghost, Flying, Water have all been quickbanned in the past, along with Shaymin-Sky and Basculegion-F.
it does make sense to ban some of the stronger arceus forms, since the power differential between arceus and the average of the tier is way bigger than it is in regular ubers. same reason i think looking at zacian makes sense, it's a regular-uber that snuck in here with a fake id. as for the others, skymin is uncompetitive wherever it finds itself and is only held back in regular ubers by the fact that three mons define the entire tier and they all outspeed it. and basculegion? well, adaptability last respects is adaptability last respects. past this initial phase and possibly zacian, though, i think that we've got a shaky kind of pseudo-balance

What can actually stop Sneasler+Rillaboom from sweeping? I feel like once it's gotten a swords dance, it can 1HKO everything.
adding on to njnp's feedback, odds are the fire/poison/steel type you use as a Zacian/Mag check will handle the Rilla fine, so it's just a matter of dealing with the Sneasler. the thing with ubers, and this tier too, is that even "passive" mons are strong just by virtue of raw stats, so it's much harder for Sneasler to get the SD off without taking a big hit. you don't really even *need* a good Sneasler answer, just make sure that everything on your team can at least chunk it and have something healthy in the back that can take a hit to finish it off (most Arceus variants should do the trick)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)