Project SV RU Victim of the Week - Week 3 Armarouge (due 20 October, Friday 11:59 +5:30)

Woooo! I decided to get my lazy ass to work! The next Pokemon is.....
Screenshot_2023-10-13-09-46-38.jpeg

Next up we have the Fire Warrior Pokemon. Armarouge has been a massive threat ever since it's introduction with the home drops, barely avoiding the dreaded purgatory of RUBL. With both CM and Specs sets being a massive threat in the builder. It can even change up it's set a little, for example, a resist berry on CM sets or adding shadow ball for opposing armarouge and scream tail with flash cannon seeing occasional use. It also has two great abilities in Weak Armor and Flash Fire. The former makes it incredible hard to revenge kill while the latter turns it's signature Armor Cannon into a nuclear bomb.
Armarouge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Armor Cannon
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball​
How do you check this beast?
Submissions till 18 October, Wednesday, 11:59 GMT +5:30

Houndoom @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast / Flame Charge / Trailblaze

252+ SpA Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Armarouge: 306-362 (98.3 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Armarouge Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 51-60 (17.4 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO

Absolute full counter. Houndoom is completely immune to both of Armarouge's STABs and takes pitiful damage from Shadow Ball, easily beating Armarouge (Terastallized or not) or forcing it out, which can be capitalized on. As nothing else on the set is necessary to secure the 1v1, Tera Grass + Tera Blast allows Houndoom to also power through Diancie and hits Water Tauros hard on the switch. If these two are otherwise accounted for in the team you'd be using this in, Flame Charge or Trailblaze allow it to outspeed more things, notably Scarf Basculegion.

I know this is a PU mon but its efficiency for this cannot be understated and I think this niche is valid. I also find it strange that Energy Ball is not on the Armarouge set, considering the coverage it gives against things that resist Fire. Houndoom would wall that too, though.

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
alright let me introduce you a Pokemon that is I swear not just budget Diancie:

:sv/coalossal:
Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin​

So of course Armarouge is not doing anything to coal and gets destroyed by Stone Edge. You can then easily come in and remove hazards thanks to Rapid Spin and/or spread status with Will-O-Wisp, which are two things Diancie cannot do. I think burn is broken at the moment and coal is a pretty good burn spreader because you'll see Pokemon such as Mudsdale, Vaporeon or Slowbro switching in easily against coal but once burned they all are significantly easier to deal with for the rest of the team. Flamethrower is preferred over Heat Crash because Magnezone and Forretress are very heavy. The Defense EVs helps in the Bisharp and Mimikyu mu. Hope you'll like it !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)