Project SV RU: The Next Best Thing (Week 23: Cyclizar) (Votings Open)

Cleaner Cyclizar

Cyclizar @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Ice Spinner

Here we have a different attempt with Cyclizar with a set more offensive-inclined.
Knock Off and U-turn is the combination used for both utility and power, especially with 252 Atk EVs. Ice Spinner is for both utility and coverage, because Ice is a consistent offensive way to cover many threats, while Scale Shot + Loaded Dice is the main attacking moves, due to the high damage output + STAB. It is worth mentioning that after the +1 Spe, you'll probably be the first to move, that's to say the first to use another attacking move or U-turn to keep the momentum.
Tera Electric is here to avoid being paralyzed.

Last edited:
:cyclizar:

Cyclizar @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Tera Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Cyclizar that has big and unexpected damage output, and able to flip most of its counters with tera. Overheat allows it to beat steel types like Bisharp and Tinkaton, Draco Meteor is the best STAB option it has, tera blast can be used neutrally here for a normal type STAB over hyper voice, U-Turn for momentum, and tera steel allows it to beat Diancie, deny a CB First Impression from OHKOing and firing back with an overheat, as well as having many other applications

252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Steel Cyclizar Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Diancie: 316-376 (103.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Steel Cyclizar Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Slither Wing: 306-360 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Steel Cyclizar: 159-187 (56.5 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Iron Jugulis Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Steel Cyclizar: 122-144 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Steel Cyclizar: 240-290 (85.4 - 103.2%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Steel Cyclizar: 231-273 (82.2 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/cyclizar::life-orb:/:muscle-band:
Cyclizar @ Life Orb / Muscle Band
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Steel / Dark / Fire / Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Claw / Dragon Rush
- Iron Head / Knock Off / Fire Fang

this set has some crazy versatility available like geez, no wonder its used in inh so much. adamant is preferred since cyclizar alr has a great speed tier which is even better after shift gear. tera type can honestly match your fourth moveslot which is where this set shines, or can just be defensively, like ghost or fire

Last edited:
and then john RU said "this really is the next best thing"

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Knock Off
- Taunt

the idea behind this set is to be as disruptive as possible. You can shut down status moves with taunt, fish for paralysis with Body Slam, and have access to item removal with knock off. You also can spin-block which is funny

REPLAY ZONE

empy :(

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
We are 1 submission short of the minimum benchmark (my policy is atleast 5 sets)!!! Can I get more submissions please?? :-D

Deadline extended by 2 days (17 December)!!

:sv/cyclizar:
Cyclizar @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Body Slam
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Until the results of the Iron Jugulis suspect are announced, every team needs some sort of counter to the Hyper Offense staples Iron Jugulis and Yanmega. AV Cyc isn't a new concept for this task, of course, but this particular set is designed to go for Paralysis with Body Slam. This isn't optimal... btu what's a better counter to RNG machines than fishing for RNG?

:sv/cyclizar:
Cyclizar (M) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Ghost/Normal (honestly I have never used tera on this set)
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack

Basically, a lot of people assume you're going to just U-turn out or Draco Meteor. It can lure certain special tanks in only to be 2HKO after a little chip damage (Tinkaton is the best example of this). STAB Quick Attack in a pinch for Yanmega, etc. Also, Regenerator is nice for negating Double-Edge recoil!

My firm opinion is that this IS NOT actually a very good set (I find the usual HDB w/ Draco, Knock, U-turn, RS to be solidly the best), but it has a good surprise factor and I could make it work on a team.

I have some replays but it's kind of low ladder so I'm not sure there's much value to posting them. Probably the best example I have is one where the opponent's Hippowdon was heavily pressured and kept to only using slack off. This prevented any hazards from being set up so my scarfed rotom-heat was able to survive deep into the game. A short lived role, but it ended up being useful.

Some potentially useful calcs - might be a little conservative rounding in a few.

Max attack jolly CB Cyclizar Double-Edge vs select tanks:

(all calcs are Double-Edge)

252/8 Standard Utility Tinkaton = 38.7 - 45.7%

252/252+ Standard Quagsire = 47.9 - 56.5%

252/252+ (+1) Defensive Milotic = 33.7 - 39.8% (also burn damage helps)

252/76+ Stealth Rock Hippowdon = 41.6 - 49.2%

252/252+ Tank Slowbro = 40.6 - 47.9%

252/0 Utility Diancie = 27.3 - 32.2% [lol ok this is still not very useful]

252/252+ Utility Chesnaught = 38.9 - 46%

Bulky or Resisting Offensive Threats

0/0 Revaroom = Double-Edge 42.8 - 50.8%

4/0 Lycanroc-D = Double-Edge 57.5 - 67.8% / Dragon Claw 77 - 90.7%

248/0 Rotom-Heat = Double-Edge 73.5 - 87.1% / Dragon Claw 49.5 - 58.4%

0/0 Krookodile (@ -1 Atk ) = U-turn 44.7 - 53.1% / Double-Edge 57.4 - 67.9% / Dragon Claw 38.3 - 45.3%

0/0 Bisharp (eviolite) = U-turn 22.8 - 26.9% / Double-Edge 29.1 - 34.3% / Quick Attack 9.9 - 11.8%

For when you need it!

0/0 Yanmega = 28.7 - 33.8%

0/0 Kilowattrel = 42.7 - 50.5%

0/0 Iron Jugulis = 27.3 - 32.2%

Ok, that's all I bothered with. Have a great day!

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Submissions Closed
Being my first week, I'll have to say it went tremendously great. I'll be looking forward for more such amazing sets in the coming weeks.

Hereby, I announce the commencement of voting. We will be voting in Ranked Pairs. Basically, you'll be ranking the sets in descending order of their viability, creativity & relevance to the metagame. An example could be A > B > C > D > E > F or F > E > D > C > B > A. You only need to vote for 5 of them (maximum) & a minimum of 2. You may even give you justifications for your votes (highly suggested), and are prohibited to vote for your own set.

Click on the name of the set to get the PokePaste for it. You may use the alphabets in front of the sets to vote!

Week-23 Cyclizar
Pokédex_Image_Cyclizar_SV.png

A: Offensive Cleaner :loaded dice: by nameless90

B: Choice Specs Pivot :choice specs: by HoopsspooH

C: Offensive Shift Gear :life orb: by LOrd Fernado

D: Body Slam + Taunt :heavy-duty boots: by Elec-ant1234

E: Assault Vest :assault vest: by FlamingoPokeman

F: Choice Band + Quick Attack :choice band: by lars

We've commenced another voting that you'll be doing along with this one (in the same reply). That is choosing the next cycle's Pokemon. Each week, 5 Pokemon will be chosen. For voting, just put a mini sprites in your reply in order & I'll understand (you may suggest other mons as well that are not in the nominees as well) Remember, the same Ranked Pair rules apply here (min. 2 & max. 5)

The nominees for the Pokemon who will get a Next Best Thing in the coming Cycle are as follows -->

:hippowdon: :lycanroc-dusk: :magnezone: :mimikyu: :quagsire: :krookodile: :maushold-four: :revavroom: :slither wing: :tinkaton: :zoroark-hisui: :bisharp:

Voting Deadline: Monday, December 25, 7:30 AM GMT

F > C > B > D > E

Reasons:
F: Choice Band seems quite standard, but Quick Attack is the MVP. Also, Double Edge is nice alongside Choice Band + Regenerator. It seems a solid set.
C: Shift Gear is really nice even because it allows to use an Adamant nature. Regenerator allows you multiple chances to set-up, but Shed Skin is also useful to get rid of status.
D: Nice set, but it is here because I like the others more.
E: In my opinion the moveset could be explained more &/or there are better moves to make this set more useful.

Nominees:
:mimikyu: > :maushold-four: > :zoroark-hisui: > :krookodile: > :revavroom:

Last edited:
Well, I did actually try to use all of these and get a feel for how "useful/creative" they are. This was all with the same defensive core so obviously not every set got to shine in a way it could have with a full custom team. This team probably favored the choice specs set the most so I'm trying to account for that in my voting. I really consider all of these to be reasonably competitive options with proper team support. Great sets everyone!

A > D > B > C >E

A: Fills a very different role from the typical supporting or hit-and-run sets. It works pretty well as a late game cleaner. Super easy to bluff the "normal" options with u-turn early game. Almost everything with priority doesn't exactly want to switch into Scale Shot and then +1 speed leaves you with whatever does the most damage. When tanks are weakened and priority is gone, a nice consistent cleaner.

D: Feels like the most all-around useful no matter the team you're up against. Again, it has u-turn which is super nice for scouting with regenerator. Missed my top slot because sometimes I felt like I was missing the normal speed control options from rapid spin or scale shot. The utility from taunt is obvious.

B: Hits hard! If only there was a specially based u-turn for this... Specs TeraBlast steel is a nice surprise. Opens up a decent option to take weak scalds without the burn feeling like such a burden.

C: Very team comp dependent, but missing out on regenerator feels like a step too far. I also tried a couple sets with shed skin, but it just feels like Cyclizar gets worn down too much from hazards + LO to get to feel out sweeping chances. (I mostly ran tera steel with d.claw, iron head) Cyclizar somewhat lacks the bulk to set up like this especially while still being neutral/weak to most priority unless you go tera.

E: Aerial Ace is worth a niche surprise, but mostly I just felt like something else would be more useful on average. Then it kind of ends up doing very similar things to the normal AV set but missing u-turn.

:magnezone: > :revavroom: > :slither wing: > :zoroark-hisui:

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
With the extreme twists that came in my life, I, Ayush, will be signing off from the host of this project!! It's been an amazing journey & I can't express my gratitude!! I'm sorry I couldn't even finish a week, I'm so bad!!

Thanks & Sorry!! Good Bye!!

Rarelyme looking for a new ref!! Thanks for all your support!!

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
With the extreme twists that came in my life, I, Ayush, will be signing off from the host of this project!! It's been an amazing journey & I can't express my gratitude!! I'm sorry I couldn't even finish a week, I'm so bad!!

Thanks & Sorry!! Good Bye!!

Rarelyme looking for a new ref!! Thanks for all your support!!
No worries ! Thanks a lot for your participation to the thread and I hope everything is good for you.
Take care !

A new host should be found shortly but the project is put on hold for the moment. Thanks to all of you who voted and submitted sets for the Cyclizar week and see you soon ! :bellipog:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)