Project SV RU Lure That Threat (Week 6: Cyclizar)

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
bb795ac13cecee4a37337abc4fadc4aa.jpg

Approved by EviGaro | Art by Ampha
Process:
  • Every week, I will post a threat in the SV RU metagame alongside a set and a brief description of how it works.
  • The community will then have four days to nominate Pokemon (with sets) that they feel are effective lures to that specific threat. Each person may nominate one lure per week. You may nominate the same Pokemon with different sets as well.
  • Remember to include a short description of the lure and how it works.
  • There will then be a three day voting period in which users can vote on the lure that they believe is the best. Each user is allowed one vote.
  • Once the voting period has concluded, the lure with the highest number of votes will be added to the archive. A new set will then be posted.

Rules:
  • You must post a set and an explanation of why your chosen Pokemon is a good lure alongside your nomination. Damage calculations are appreciated and will help better illustrate your point but are not required.
  • Please focus on only posting viable Pokemon as lures. As a general rule of thumb, only nominating Pokemon found in the SV RU Viability Rankings is a good idea. Nominations can be rejected on the basis of the Pokemon being unviable.
  • You are welcome to reserve a lure, but only if you plan to complete the write-up within 12 hours. Other users may nominate the Pokemon themselves if you fail to meet this time requirement.
  • Do NOT ask anyone for votes, offer votes, exchange votes, or try to manipulate the voting in any way under any circumstances. You should vote for the lure that is the most effective for each round.
  • And most importantly, everyone having fun! :psyglad:

Last edited:

Ampha

bamb.png

Brambleghast @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wind Rider
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap
- Shadow Ball

First threat we are gonna be looking at is the recent drop: Brambleghast, Brambleghast has proven itself as a exceptional utility pokémon, with access to Rapid Spin, Spikes, Strenght sap in conjunction with a good defensive typing in Grass/Ghost makes it one of the more reliable Spinners on the current metagame, while also providing Spinblocking in the way, it's immunity to Wind moves also grants it a overall decent niche on checking some offensive Flying types like Killowattrel and Tornadus. Prepare your lures and let's lure this pesky ghost out of the match!

Submissions are due Thursday, 13th of July, 11:59 PM -3.

C0nfiden1 0yster

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
is a Pre-Contributor
RUPL Champion
:tsareena:
Tsareena @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- Tera Blast
- Rapid Spin

kinda standard but most effective IMO, not to mention its just a good set into everything. references triple axel from gen8 which made it so threatening. this is kinda big as it allows u to spin on bramble which is huge

Tornadus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Bleakwind Storm
- Tera Blast
- Focus Blast

This coverage is mostly for Bramble bc Wind Power block half of Tornadus moveset

Toedscruel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
Tera Type: Ghost
Ability: Mycelium Might
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Toxic
- Hex
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin

Toxic on the expected Bramble switch-in, boosted Hex to pick it off. Bramble also has a good chance of dropping from 2 unboosted Hexes. You can even leverage Tera Ghost to spinblock back and gain additional STAB.

252+ SpA Toedscruel Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Brambleghast: 302-356 (96.1 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Toedscruel Hex (65 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Brambleghast: 152-180 (48.4 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

:sv/lycanroc:
Lycanroc @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

252 Atk Life Orb Lycanroc Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Brambleghast: 181-214 (57.6 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Lycanroc Crunch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Brambleghast: 195-231 (62.1 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Most of the time people use Stealth Rock Lycanroc with Accelerock, so this would definitely catch people by surprise. Bramble switching in means you can either attack or get a free Swords Dance off and OHKO it the next turn with Crunch if it decides to stay in.

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
:sv/heracross:
Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Close Combat
- Throat Chop/Megahorn
- Stone Edge

Hera scarf can become a pretty effective lure to brambleghast thanks to spikes and throat chop (megahorn works too but I like the former better because chips on palo, funny sylveon interaction and more consistency overall). Letting the opponent know you're scarfed when setting up spikes will let him want to in bramble as it would be able to spin on you setting up more spikes and without taking too much from cc, edge or eq otherwise. Throat Chop is a solid 2HKO so Bramble can be quite easily canceled from the game on a good prediction. This lure is also handy because it fits on many teams as a good scarf + hazard setter and has other purposes than just luring bramble.

Ampha

A bit of delay but thanks everyone for submitting your lures :psyglad: , voting phase starts now

:Tsareena: Tera Ice tsareena by C0nfiden1 0yster
:tornadus: Tera Ice Tornadus by Pabloaram
:toedscruel: Tera ghost Toxic hex Toedscruel by Seed Sower
:lycanroc: Crunch Lycanroc by lavarina
:heracross: Spikes Throat Chop by Rarelyme

gonna leave my vote for Toedscruel, seems like a neat tech and works w other mons as well

voting phase ends Sunday the 16th at 11:59pm -3

Ampha

Congrats to Seed Sower for winning this week's lure with Toedscruel :psyglad:! Hall of fame has been updated accordingly, for this week's pokémon we have no other than...

:sv/delphox:
Delphox @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Any of choice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Tera Blast​

This magic fox has been a incredibly potent threat from the moment it dropped on metagame, with a combo of STABs barely resisted by any pokémon on the metagame, a setup move in Nasty Plot, great speed tier and the possibility to increase its threat potential even further with Terastalization, it's no wonder why it has been seeing so much success, so it's time for YOU to lure this Nasty fox out!

Submissions are due Thursday, 20th of July, 11:59 PM -3.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here’s a heat set that def lures fox

Brambleghast @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wind Rider
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Tera Blast
- Night Shade / Strength Sap
- Spikes

Speed EVs to outspeed fox at +1, Fox loves to come in to rk bramble so Tera Blast kills it. Also you can say screw you to other Brambles. You kinda want Night Shade to actually hit fat mons but if you dont care you can use sap there. Spikes imo is def needed. You can also just tera blast on fox cuz it might just CM predicting a switch and none of its atks kill your after tera.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
:ss/bronzong:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade
- Gyro Ball / Hypnosis

Heatproof Bronzong is a great lure for Delphox; with this investment, it takes two Fire Blasts and one +2 Fire Blast while still taking zilch from any other move (bar Tera Blast Ground, which is why Tera Grass is used here.) and can strike back hard with Earthquake, possibly OHKO'ing after some minor chip damage. If Delphox clicks Nasty Plot on Bronzong, it will take massive damage and will not be able to OHKO it back, leaving it dead.

CALCS
252 SpA Delphox Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Heatproof Bronzong: 132-156 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Delphox Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Heatproof Bronzong: 260-308 (77.1 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Delphox: 222-262 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO​

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
Alright bad set incoming but it is berry based so it's cool right?

:sv/revavroom:
Play with Fire (Revavroom) @ Occa Berry :occa berry:
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Steel/Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Gunk Shot
- Bulldoze​

So I wanted to find something non tera reliant for this one and I came up with Occa Berry Revavroom. Delphox wants to come in after a pivot or just to revenge kill you as it's faster and able to hit you very hard but that's when the occa berry activates (backed up with Filter) and lets you enjoy a (kinda) free Shift Gear to then hopefully sweep. You can also just directly click Gunk Shot or Bulldoze if you need the immediate kill on it but it'll require some chip damage. Of course you could just be Tera Water or whatever and click tera on the flamethrower but I feel like it would be too easy and I mean what's the fun in that?

252 SpA Delphox Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 24 SpD Occa Berry Filter Revavroom: 135-160 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Revavroom Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Delphox: 265-313 (91 - 107.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Ampha

A bit of delay but thanks everyone for submitting your lures :psyglad: , voting phase starts now

:brambleghast: Tera Ghost Brambleghast by Feen
:bronzong: Heatproof Bronzong by BT89
:revavroom: Occa Berry Revavroom from Rarelyme

gonna leave my vote for Reva, nice way on abusing filter and delphox itself

voting phase ends Sunday the 23rd at 11:59pm -3

Ampha

Congrats to Rarelyme and BT89 for winning this week's lure with :revavroom: and :bronzong: :psyglad:! Hall of fame has been updated accordingly.
1690325752708.png

Project is gonna take a one week break for meta shifts next week, and since they are big it should be good to check on them. :sphearical:

Ampha

1691362127272.png

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Your choice
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Tera Blast/Earthquake/Fire punch​

The almighty king of OU is our 3rd week lure that threat, bolstering a huge BST of 600 along with Dark and rock typing and a very wide movepool, with support options, setup and coverage, and even Sand stream, Tyranitar is definitely going to make waves of sand on the RU metagame, so it's up to YOU to lure it out!

Submissions are due Thursday, 10th of August, 11:59 PM -3.

Lime

o.o
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi RUers! I'm presenting my zard set that I was running for this threat. :psyglad:

I was running zard on my sun team and wanted to find a way to get past ttar with this without using my tera. Therefore I thought of using Brick Break charizard :Charizard:. I also don't feel the need of any other move at this slot so this works well here.

Charizard is an awesome lure because ttar using switches without any worry into charizard on sun teams and change the weather.

Alternative : I could go for focus blast here but ttar gets spd boost and we all know it's accuracy :totodiLUL: . Brick Break gets the 2ohko without any worry.

Charizard :Charizard: (M) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brick Break
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

4 Atk Charizard Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 176-208 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thanks for reading! I hope you like the lure :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)