Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
i was really holding off more submission, perd

TEAM A
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Tera Blast

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Orthworm @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Shed Tail

Hey! I'm new to smogon and thought I'd try this out.
The goal of this team is to use Beloom and Great Tusk or even Iron Valiant to get rid of priority users/unaware users and then go to Grimmsnarl or Orthoworm to set up your sweep with Roaring Moon. Any advice is appreciated :)
TEAM B

If I can't win with a fun team I don't want to win at all.

You've heard of Perish Trap. Get ready for: Perish Lock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View attachment 505787View attachment 505792View attachment 505789View attachment 505793View attachment 505790View attachment 505791
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perish song scream tail with ejector button into jaw lock roaring moon.
View attachment 505787View attachment 505796 Your goal is to get off a perish song, get hit to activate your eject button, and then switch to roaring moon to jaw lock, ddance up until the opponent dies from perish song, and sweep. It's easy enough if you don't lead with scream tail but lead with zoroark to throw your opponent for a loop. Scream tail also acts as a pivot (perish button), an annoyance (twave + encore), and a thick boy (wish + thickness).
View attachment 505797Garg is for an additional block-locking method if needed.
View attachment 505798Zoroark is for the trickery. But honestly, this spot would probably be better filled with cc amoongus or gholdengo.
View attachment 505799Tusk is for hazard removal. The set you choose is all up to you as long as you have rapid spin.
View attachment 505800Klefki is actually your wincon. Roaring moon will eat for free but typically acts as your early game sweeper. Klefki is your mid to late-game sweeper. I can't spoil how just yet, but you can let your imagination run wild with this one.

69 likes and I'll post a full team + rundown on the SV OU Teams forum ;):mad:
TEAM C

https://pokepast.es/62b0ed3238048635
"a dumb team"
:breloom: :iron valiant: :meowscarada: :roaring moon: :corviknight: :clodsire:

Breloom is my lead most of the time. It is great at putting the opposing lead to sleep, or to mach punch lead Meowscarada and eliminate it immediately. Tera fire tera blast to beat steels such as Corviknight and Gholdengo as well as not losing to Amoonguss, and Loaded Dice has proven more useful than Focus Sash in most occasions.
Iron Valiant is a fast and offensive threat. Being the 6th fastest OU mon (with only gren and RM really getting +1 speed from scarf/DD/booster), it is used to outspeed opposing threats and also as cleanup. Specs would probably be better, but I do not wish to worry about pult once Meow goes down
Meowscarada has a fairly standard pivot set. Knock Off and Flower Trick is powerful STAB options, sucker punch to beat Pult, and U-Turn for momentum. Tera ghost to avoid Breloom Mach Punch.
Roaring Moon is another wallbreaker, with a banded set to capitalise off of a good defensive core. Its options are mostly standard
Corviknight and Clodsire form a great defensive core, and can easily give Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon more options to pivot in and change attacks. The odd Clodsire tera was from a conversation I had, where I was talking with a friend about beating Great Tusk. I thought about baiting HLR then using Counter, which surprisingly worked. Tera Bug was selected to resist both of its STABs, as well as utilising the surprise factor against opposing Roaring Moon or Dragonite, expecting Clodsire to be unable to do much with Earthquake. This does mean the defensive core cannot beat Gholdengo, but the other attackers can deal with them far easily. It also gives Clodsire a way of beating Corviknight in a one-on-one situation, as opposed to Earthquake.

don't actually use this it's really stupid

You have ~4 days to vote!
:roaring-moon: Deadline is Sunday, April 16th! :roaring-moon:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Week 10 is over! Congratulations to Peter20XX for winning this round, Your team will be added to the archive shortly!

:sv/cyclizar:

with the recent shed tail ban, the bike lizard has returned to OU. Cyclizar never really got a fair shake in OU when it comes to finding roles other than clicking shed tail so there's a lot of room for theory crafting here. The lizard is a pokemon with an absurd amount of utility options, having a insane move pool and getting access to regenerator which allows it to perform a role similar to Tornadus as an offensive pivot, just without the flying type. Getting knock off in this generation is incredibly valuable and ironically enough, our little scaley friend gets it which really elevates its viability. Personally, so far I have seen a lot of boots rapid spin and scarf sets with a few AV and tera blast bait sets in between. This week is sure to be a fun one considering the number of options Cyclizar has, coupled with the fact it wasn't really explored much in the first place, Good luck!

:cyclizar: You have until Sunday, the 23rd of April to post your teams :cyclizar:
this may be extended depending on the number of submissions.

Cyclizar Triple Regen Balance

1682001229463.png
1682001267501.png
1682001320209.png
1682001330277.png
1682001349277.png
1682001361998.png

(click here for team)

I built this team around the three mon regenerator core of cyclizar + slowking + amoonguss, which synergise well and provide the defensive backbone of the team. Garchomp and iron valiant act as wallbreakers, while corviknight serves as a bulky wincon. I've used assault vest cyclizar here which is an effective rapid spinner that's able to beat gholdengo 1v1.

Garchomp
Garchomp is the team's rocker and physical wallbreaker. Earthquake is your main STAB, with fire fang providing coverage to hit corviknight.
Iron Valiant
Specs iron valiant is the team's special wallbreaker. It synergises well with chomp by threatening physical walls such as great tusk and dondozo. Trick enables you to shut down walls such as toxapex and then switch moves.
Cyclizar
Assault vest cyclizar is the team's rapid spinner. The given evs enable you to survive two make it rain's from timid gholdengo from full health, while you KO back with knock off + overheat. Jolly with 240 speed evs outspeeds jolly cinderace.
Slowking
Slowking is the team's special wall. It synergises well with cyclizar, wth cyc covering it's ghost weakness and able to switch in on choice locked gholdengo and dragapult. Chilly reception enables you to pivot out, while covert cloak lets you take on garganacl.
Amoonguss
Amoonguss is the team's physical wall. It provides a lot of usfeul resistances, switching into the likes of meowscarada, azumarill, rotom-wash and iron valiant.
Corviknight
Bulk up corviknight serves as a blanket check to several setup sweepers, including dragonite, roaring moon, baxcalibur and bulk up great tusk. Mirror armor protects you from random defence drops from crunch moon. This mon can serve as a wincon in certain games if you keep it healthy towards the end.

Enjoy

Drag(on)Drag(nezone)
https://pokepast.es/50fe1f7c668eab55 <- this one sucks scroll down (read the mon summaries first tho)
"We have technology!" - Patrick Star

This is a new team archetype style I have invented called "DragonDragnezone". It's DragMag except the Mag is actually Tera Poison max PhysDef Roaring Moon to lure Kingambit, Valiant, physically bulky pokemon, and pivoters for Dragonite and Baxcalibur. It also has Assault Vest max HP max SpDef Cyclizar as a bulky pivot and hazard remover, as well being a bait for Kingambits and Iron Valiants for Roaring Moon to dispose of. This team is fun(ny) as hell and really easy to use for me, and rejuvenated my enjoyment in SV OU.

Roaring Moon
Roaring Moon is the Magnezone. The future is now, old man. This Roaring Moon, if it traps them on the switch, will always win a 1v1 against both Iron Valiant and Kingambit. For Kingambit, staying base means its Iron Head is only a 3HKO at Supreme Overlord 3. If you fear Low Kick, Tera Poison means Kowtow Cleave is a 3HKO at Supreme Overlord 2. Earthquake lets you threaten it quickly enough to not forfeit SD turns, being a 99% 2HKO chance if the Gambit is max Speed. Versus Valiant, Tera Poison + max/max HP/Def lets you be 3HKO'd by every Valiant move, including Psyshock, while Earthquake threatens either valuable chip for Dragonite or even a 3HKO. U-Turn lets you get out of unfavorable Jaw Lock matchups or out of Jaw Lock scenarios where you feel you have down sufficient chip. The most obviously bizarre part of this set is the Lagging Tail. This item could definitely be something else, but it serves the unique role of allowing you to get the slow pivot against opposing pivoters that you have trapped, such as Rotom-Wash and Corviknight, that are now forced to pivot out. This lets you bring in a favorable matchup on whatever they happen to pivot into. Essentially, it is a 100% guaranteed slow pivot.
Baxcalibur
Pretty standard DD set. Loaded Dice Icicle Spear lets you beat offensive Great Tusk at +1, and the offensive pressure + pivoting hazard removal means you can afford to not run Boots. Tera Ground to get the guaranteed kill on Garg at +1, as well as to dodge any Nuzzles or Thunder Waves from the likes of Gholdengo, Hatterene, and Rotom-Wash.
Cyclizar
It's the guy! This set is a shockingly specially bulky pivot that can punish switches with Knock Off or U-Turn, as well as giving you valuable hazard removal for Baxcalibur and Ceruledge. It, being a regen mon, also compliments Amoonguss well, with Amoonguss being more physically bulky. Draco Meteor lets you beat Unaware Dondozo in a 1v1, as well as have an offensive presence that can let you click a button on the switch or a successful bait. Tera Fairy lets you bait Draco Meteors from otherwise OHKO'ers like Specs Dragapult and threaten it with an 87.5% chance to OHKO from full. Just 20 SpA EVs makes it guaranteed, but I personally prefer the SpDef. The 92 Spe EVs let you outspeed non-scarf Tusks and either Draco Meteor them if they are chipped or U-Turn on them for very minor chip. Knock Off lets you punish any and all switches you wouldn't want to hit with Draco Meteor.
Dragonite
Very standard DD set. Ice Spinner lets you beat opposing Dragons, chipped Great Tusks, chipped Amoonguss-es, and Corviknights. All else is self-explanatory.
Ceruledge
This is one of your two bulky fairy resists, as well as one of your breakers/wincons. The item is Leftovers for longevity but it could also realistically be Protective Pads for the same reason. Boots tend to not do much with how much offensive pressure and consistent hazard removal you get. Bulk Up and max(*)/max HP/SpDef lets you be very hard to take out, especially after a Tera Bug, which lets you resists both of Great Tusk's STABs. Taunt lets you shut down would-be stallbreakers such as Toxic Clodsire, or wallbreakers such as Volcarona. 20 Spe lets you outrun 0 Spe Rotom-Wash by one point.
Amoonguss
This is your other bulky fairy resist, with fantastic longevity thanks to Regenerator. As a bulky pivot, it can force switches with Spore and Sludge Bomb, almost always into Gholdengo, which are very easy to predict, and let you go into a more favorable matchup. It's also the only Pokemon stopping you from losing to Azumarill, and it should probably be 252+ Def EVs because of this, but 84 SpDef EVs lets you make Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball a 3HKO instead of a 2HKO. You almost never want to Tera Amoonguss due to your much better options for Tera, but Tera Water lets you resist both Fire and Ice. Clear Smog here could also be Foul Play, but I'm pretty scared of setup sweepers, I won't front.

DragonDragnezone is the future. All hail the Moon God.

Edit:
Decided to make some addendums to this team that I think make it overall better.
https://pokepast.es/d08b0d9dd9909857

Changes

Roaring Moon

Yes, regrettably, Lagging Tail is not a good item. Shocking. The utility of a slow pivot is not worth it on a only moderately bulky Pokemon when outspeeding trapped targets is much more important. Leftovers also grants a lot of survivability.
Baxcalibur
Tera Steel to win the Bax ditto. That's it.
Dragonite/Dragapult
Idk I was just not feeling DNite on this one. I found that in most games the chip that the rest of the team provided would not compound DNite's offensive potential enough for even a late-game sweep. I instead decided to go with Choice Specs Dragapult, as this team struggles against physically bulky walls such as Corviknight, defensive Gholdengo, and Toxapex, and helps put on pressure for more pivoting.
Ceruledge/Azumarill
Shortly after posting the original team I realized "Shit, I get 6-0'd by Baxcalibur" so my hand was drawn inexorably to Azumarill. The loss of your second Fairy resist doesn't really matter since there's only like two Fairies that you ever, and you stonewall both of them. Azu is also a much more consistent and easy to start-up wincon than Ceruledge, compensating for the loss of a wincon in Dragonite.
Amoonguss
Stomping Tantrum is sick. Any Gholdengos or Iron Moths get chipped or, in the ladder's case, nearly fucking die from full if you get the predict correctly (you probably will, they are two otherwise extremely good Amoonguss switch-ins). Max Defense to lose softer to Azu and -Spe instead of --Atk so Stomping Tantrum can do damage, the speed never mattered anyway.

Oh also uhh make sure you preserve your Amoonguss if there's a Garg on the other team. If it's Tera Fairy Curse Garg you're boned if you don't have a full HP Amoonguss in the back.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
Decided to make some addendums to this team that I think make it overall better.

Changes

Roaring Moon

Yes, regrettably, Lagging Tail is not a good item. Shocking. The utility of a slow pivot is not worth it on a only moderately bulky Pokemon when outspeeding trapped targets is much more important. Leftovers also grants a lot of survivability.
Baxcalibur
Dragonite/Dragapult
Idk I was just not feeling DNite on this one. I found that in most games the chip that the rest of the team provided would not compound DNite's offensive potential enough for even a late-game sweep. I instead decided to go with Choice Specs Dragapult, as this team struggles against physically bulky walls such as Corviknight, defensive Gholdengo, and Toxapex, and helps put on pressure for more pivoting.
Ceruledge/Azumarill
Shortly after posting the original team I realized "Shit, I get 6-0'd by Baxcalibur" so my hand was drawn inexorably to Azumarill. The loss of your second Fairy resist doesn't really matter since there's only like two Fairies that you ever, and you stonewall both of them. Azu is also a much more consistent and easy to start-up wincon than Ceruledge, compensating for the loss of a wincon in Dragonite.
Amoonguss
Stomping Tantrum is sick. Any Gholdengos or Iron Moths get chipped or, in the ladder's case, nearly fucking die from full if you get the predict correctly (you probably will, they are two otherwise extremely good Amoonguss switch-ins). Max Defense to lose softer to Azu and -Spe instead of --Atk so Stomping Tantrum can do damage, the speed never mattered anyway.

Oh also uhh make sure you preserve your Amoonguss if there's a Garg on the other team. If it's Tera Fairy Curse Garg you're boned if you don't have a full HP Amoonguss in the back.
hi, this makes the voting process a bit complicated for us, please include the changes in your original post thanks

Last edited:
Ceruledge @ Quick Claw
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Bitter Blade
- Stored Power
- Brick Break

Magearna @ Quick Claw
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shift Gear
- Shadow Ball
- Play Rough

Zoroark-Hisui @ Quick Claw
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Facade
- U-turn
- Brick Break

Walking Wake @ Quick Claw
Tera Type: Water
Naive Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Dragon Rush
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane

Greninja @ Quick Claw
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Water
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Acrobatics
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot

Tyranitar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Blizzard
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder

https://pokepast.es/cf9bbd2883ced1f8

Got to 1750s with this balance/semistall team on the ou ladder
https://pokepast.es/509abc2f602e5b11

Caclizar works as the utlity mon on the team. knock off and spin are obivous. However i experimented with taunt+dtail. as 3rd and 4th move. knock off and spin usually result in many switches, so i tried out dtail to get some extra clip on opponents. Using it i dont really think its better than using u-turn. taunt makes sure walls cant recover on it, set hazards and sweeper cant use cyclizar as setup fodder.

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Recover

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 120 HP / 120 Def / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Chilling Water
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Slither Wing @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Last edited:
:Cyclizar: :Hydreigon: :great-tusk: :rotom-wash: :skeledirge: :toxapex:

:cyclizar: Cyclizar :Cyclizar:
For a teambuilder centred around a usually utility based, passive mon, I thought it would be good to try and make this Cyclizar the star of the team. A life orb set became appealing because of regenerator and mediocre offensive stats, but good coverage and utility. Coupled with two 130 BP moves in overheat and Draco meteor, makes the cleaning capacity of this mon surprisingly respectable. This set is mainly useful in the mid to late game as it can outspeed and ohko much of the offensive moms in the tier after some chip. Tera fire helps to get the ohko on iron valiant and do better against hatterene. However, Most of the specially defensive walls can stomach both overheat and Draco, so knock off helps to force progress when coupled with hazards.

:toxapex: Toxapex :toxapex:
Toxic spikes from toxapex supply pressure when coupled with knock off, and force in clodsire, toxapex, who stonewall Cyclizar. Pex also supplies toxic that can chip and put the enemy on a timer, which is more viable now that shed tail is gone. Also can take opposing Draco meteors from pult and wake as well as checking azu who stonewalls cyc. Tera steel is for iron valiant and psychic type moves.

:great-tusk: Great Tusk :great-tusk:
The team is still slightly weak to hazards which is on the rise, and opposing priority threatens Cyclizar in the endgame. Great tusk can take most forms of priority and supply some reinforcing utility to Cyclizar, as it sometimes has problems rapid spinning often. Rocky helmet helps with the mirror matchup as well as forcing progress on kingambit and u-turners.

:hydreigon: Hydreigon :Hydreigon:
Hydreigon provides a stall breaking option against Garg, clod, pex, and ting-Lu. Also another way to deal with sucker punch from gambit. is immune to spikes as well which means the team can focus less on removing hazards. Tera poison means you resist both of iron valiant’s stabs.

:rotom-wash: Rotom Wash :rotom-wash:
Rotom provides another check for gambit, tusk and crucially stops Dragonite. The pivoting helps to bring in Cyclizar and levitate once again allows rotom to not worry about spikes. T-wave and WoW allow it to cripple mons, both providing chip and boosting skeledirge’s hex. Tera steel allows for easier dealing with meowscarada.

:skeledirge: Skeledirge :skeledirge:
Skeledirge rounds out the team with another win-con. Providing a spin blocker and a fairy resist is useful because much of the team gets wrecked by iron valiant. Hex gets boosted by t-spikes and rotom’s double status, making dirge a formidable end game threat with Tera fairy.

Baloor

Tigers Management
PUPL Champion
sorry ive been rly busy and im starting a second job soon so i think my time as the primary host of the project is coming to a close here unfort x.x will try my best to muscle through these in the mean time.

team a
Cyclizar Triple Regen Balance

View attachment 509157View attachment 509158View attachment 509159View attachment 509160View attachment 509161View attachment 509162
(click here for team)

I built this team around the three mon regenerator core of cyclizar + slowking + amoonguss, which synergise well and provide the defensive backbone of the team. Garchomp and iron valiant act as wallbreakers, while corviknight serves as a bulky wincon. I've used assault vest cyclizar here which is an effective rapid spinner that's able to beat gholdengo 1v1.

Garchomp
Garchomp is the team's rocker and physical wallbreaker. Earthquake is your main STAB, with fire fang providing coverage to hit corviknight.
Iron Valiant
Specs iron valiant is the team's special wallbreaker. It synergises well with chomp by threatening physical walls such as great tusk and dondozo. Trick enables you to shut down walls such as toxapex and then switch moves.
Cyclizar
Assault vest cyclizar is the team's rapid spinner. The given evs enable you to survive two make it rain's from timid gholdengo from full health, while you KO back with knock off + overheat. Jolly with 240 speed evs outspeeds jolly cinderace.
Slowking
Slowking is the team's special wall. It synergises well with cyclizar, wth cyc covering it's ghost weakness and able to switch in on choice locked gholdengo and dragapult. Chilly reception enables you to pivot out, while covert cloak lets you take on garganacl.
Amoonguss
Amoonguss is the team's physical wall. It provides a lot of usfeul resistances, switching into the likes of meowscarada, azumarill, rotom-wash and iron valiant.
Corviknight
Bulk up corviknight serves as a blanket check to several setup sweepers, including dragonite, roaring moon, baxcalibur and bulk up great tusk. Mirror armor protects you from random defence drops from crunch moon. This mon can serve as a wincon in certain games if you keep it healthy towards the end.

Enjoy
team b
Drag(on)Drag(nezone)
https://pokepast.es/50fe1f7c668eab55 <- this one sucks scroll down (read the mon summaries first tho)
"We have technology!" - Patrick Star

This is a new team archetype style I have invented called "DragonDragnezone". It's DragMag except the Mag is actually Tera Poison max PhysDef Roaring Moon to lure Kingambit, Valiant, physically bulky pokemon, and pivoters for Dragonite and Baxcalibur. It also has Assault Vest max HP max SpDef Cyclizar as a bulky pivot and hazard remover, as well being a bait for Kingambits and Iron Valiants for Roaring Moon to dispose of. This team is fun(ny) as hell and really easy to use for me, and rejuvenated my enjoyment in SV OU.

Roaring Moon
Roaring Moon is the Magnezone. The future is now, old man. This Roaring Moon, if it traps them on the switch, will always win a 1v1 against both Iron Valiant and Kingambit. For Kingambit, staying base means its Iron Head is only a 3HKO at Supreme Overlord 3. If you fear Low Kick, Tera Poison means Kowtow Cleave is a 3HKO at Supreme Overlord 2. Earthquake lets you threaten it quickly enough to not forfeit SD turns, being a 99% 2HKO chance if the Gambit is max Speed. Versus Valiant, Tera Poison + max/max HP/Def lets you be 3HKO'd by every Valiant move, including Psyshock, while Earthquake threatens either valuable chip for Dragonite or even a 3HKO. U-Turn lets you get out of unfavorable Jaw Lock matchups or out of Jaw Lock scenarios where you feel you have down sufficient chip. The most obviously bizarre part of this set is the Lagging Tail. This item could definitely be something else, but it serves the unique role of allowing you to get the slow pivot against opposing pivoters that you have trapped, such as Rotom-Wash and Corviknight, that are now forced to pivot out. This lets you bring in a favorable matchup on whatever they happen to pivot into. Essentially, it is a 100% guaranteed slow pivot.
Baxcalibur
Pretty standard DD set. Loaded Dice Icicle Spear lets you beat offensive Great Tusk at +1, and the offensive pressure + pivoting hazard removal means you can afford to not run Boots. Tera Ground to get the guaranteed kill on Garg at +1, as well as to dodge any Nuzzles or Thunder Waves from the likes of Gholdengo, Hatterene, and Rotom-Wash.
Cyclizar
It's the guy! This set is a shockingly specially bulky pivot that can punish switches with Knock Off or U-Turn, as well as giving you valuable hazard removal for Baxcalibur and Ceruledge. It, being a regen mon, also compliments Amoonguss well, with Amoonguss being more physically bulky. Draco Meteor lets you beat Unaware Dondozo in a 1v1, as well as have an offensive presence that can let you click a button on the switch or a successful bait. Tera Fairy lets you bait Draco Meteors from otherwise OHKO'ers like Specs Dragapult and threaten it with an 87.5% chance to OHKO from full. Just 20 SpA EVs makes it guaranteed, but I personally prefer the SpDef. The 92 Spe EVs let you outspeed non-scarf Tusks and either Draco Meteor them if they are chipped or U-Turn on them for very minor chip. Knock Off lets you punish any and all switches you wouldn't want to hit with Draco Meteor.
Dragonite
Very standard DD set. Ice Spinner lets you beat opposing Dragons, chipped Great Tusks, chipped Amoonguss-es, and Corviknights. All else is self-explanatory.
Ceruledge
This is one of your two bulky fairy resists, as well as one of your breakers/wincons. The item is Leftovers for longevity but it could also realistically be Protective Pads for the same reason. Boots tend to not do much with how much offensive pressure and consistent hazard removal you get. Bulk Up and max(*)/max HP/SpDef lets you be very hard to take out, especially after a Tera Bug, which lets you resists both of Great Tusk's STABs. Taunt lets you shut down would-be stallbreakers such as Toxic Clodsire, or wallbreakers such as Volcarona. 20 Spe lets you outrun 0 Spe Rotom-Wash by one point.
Amoonguss
This is your other bulky fairy resist, with fantastic longevity thanks to Regenerator. As a bulky pivot, it can force switches with Spore and Sludge Bomb, almost always into Gholdengo, which are very easy to predict, and let you go into a more favorable matchup. It's also the only Pokemon stopping you from losing to Azumarill, and it should probably be 252+ Def EVs because of this, but 84 SpDef EVs lets you make Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball a 3HKO instead of a 2HKO. You almost never want to Tera Amoonguss due to your much better options for Tera, but Tera Water lets you resist both Fire and Ice. Clear Smog here could also be Foul Play, but I'm pretty scared of setup sweepers, I won't front.

DragonDragnezone is the future. All hail the Moon God.

Edit:

Changes

Roaring Moon

Baxcalibur
Dragonite/Dragapult
Ceruledge/Azumarill
Amoonguss

team c
team d
Got to 1750s with this balance/semistall team on the ou ladder
https://pokepast.es/509abc2f602e5b11

Caclizar works as the utlity mon on the team. knock off and spin are obivous. However i experimented with taunt+dtail. as 3rd and 4th move. knock off and spin usually result in many switches, so i tried out dtail to get some extra clip on opponents. Using it i dont really think its better than using u-turn. taunt makes sure walls cant recover on it, set hazards and sweeper cant use cyclizar as setup fodder.

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Salt Cure
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Recover

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 120 HP / 120 Def / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Chilling Water
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Slither Wing @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
team e
:Cyclizar: :Hydreigon: :great-tusk: :rotom-wash: :skeledirge: :toxapex:

:cyclizar: Cyclizar :Cyclizar:
For a teambuilder centred around a usually utility based, passive mon, I thought it would be good to try and make this Cyclizar the star of the team. A life orb set became appealing because of regenerator and mediocre offensive stats, but good coverage and utility. Coupled with two 130 BP moves in overheat and Draco meteor, makes the cleaning capacity of this mon surprisingly respectable. This set is mainly useful in the mid to late game as it can outspeed and ohko much of the offensive moms in the tier after some chip. Tera fire helps to get the ohko on iron valiant and do better against hatterene. However, Most of the specially defensive walls can stomach both overheat and Draco, so knock off helps to force progress when coupled with hazards.

:toxapex: Toxapex :toxapex:
Toxic spikes from toxapex supply pressure when coupled with knock off, and force in clodsire, toxapex, who stonewall Cyclizar. Pex also supplies toxic that can chip and put the enemy on a timer, which is more viable now that shed tail is gone. Also can take opposing Draco meteors from pult and wake as well as checking azu who stonewalls cyc. Tera steel is for iron valiant and psychic type moves.

:great-tusk: Great Tusk :great-tusk:
The team is still slightly weak to hazards which is on the rise, and opposing priority threatens Cyclizar in the endgame. Great tusk can take most forms of priority and supply some reinforcing utility to Cyclizar, as it sometimes has problems rapid spinning often. Rocky helmet helps with the mirror matchup as well as forcing progress on kingambit and u-turners.

:hydreigon: Hydreigon :Hydreigon:
Hydreigon provides a stall breaking option against Garg, clod, pex, and ting-Lu. Also another way to deal with sucker punch from gambit. is immune to spikes as well which means the team can focus less on removing hazards. Tera poison means you resist both of iron valiant’s stabs.

:rotom-wash: Rotom Wash :rotom-wash:
Rotom provides another check for gambit, tusk and crucially stops Dragonite. The pivoting helps to bring in Cyclizar and levitate once again allows rotom to not worry about spikes. T-wave and WoW allow it to cripple mons, both providing chip and boosting skeledirge’s hex. Tera steel allows for easier dealing with meowscarada.

:skeledirge: Skeledirge :skeledirge:
Skeledirge rounds out the team with another win-con. Providing a spin blocker and a fairy resist is useful because much of the team gets wrecked by iron valiant. Hex gets boosted by t-spikes and rotom’s double status, making dirge a formidable end game threat with Tera fairy.
You have ~4 days to vote!
:cyclizar: Deadline is Monday May 1st! :cyclizar:
Reminder: you can't include your own team in the string of votes.

Week 11 (has been) over! Congratulations to stimo for winning this round! Your team will be added to the archive soon.

I am now also a host of this project going into the HOME meta (at least for a bit) as both Baloor and Smashburn have been very busy, and hope to keep it alive and more active beginning soon. Our next cycle will be announced shortly after the release of Pokemon HOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)