Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Dinosaur Suicune myself, curious to see what these two look like since the Paradoxes so far vie away from Pseudo-Legend BST as a ceiling. Iron Leaves had a Special Defense Boost from Quark Drive so I presume we're looking at bulky mons like both of their bases. That said I would like if Wake was an offense mon since we could use Special Water types and Leaves isn't working with the best typing in a Meta run by Gholdengo and Dragapult.
Someone at a certain anonymous imageboard already got one and posted it's status. The one he had had Atk as the highest and it was a modest. Other high stats were Speed and SPDef.
Leaves stats

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Walking Wake's BST HP: 99 ATK: 83 DEF: 91 SPA: 125 SPD: 83 SPE: 109 Total: 590

Honestly, I kinda see this mon being a dollar-store version of Iron Bundle. At first, I thought it was going to be like Dracovish. But this isn't too bad either. Maybe a B- or B-tier mon?
Where did you get Walking Wake's BST stats?

Honestly, I kinda see this mon being a dollar-store version of Iron Bundle. At first, I thought it was going to be like Dracovish. But this isn't too bad either. Maybe a B- or B-tier mon?
This looks pretty interesting, especially for Sun teams.

FIRE LORD AESON are you still there?

H-Zoroark is out right now apparently. Probably too much to hope for, but I'm praying it has its Arceus Legends stats and the stats from the datamine.
Yeah, it's a pre-order bonus for the DLC.
If anyone has a spare H-Zorua that they can fire my way, that'd be appreciated. Breedject or not.

Really now? It's Role Compress a RainSweeper, Sun Sweeper, Rain Check and Anti-Sun in one package, Also it's status are great for an offensive mon and has a great type with 2 weakness very easy to patch. Definitely in the A's, A- at least.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor

Bruh this shit better have some kind of set up move, I hope it still gets Calm Mind. I don't want a Iron Jugulis 2.
Edit: Nevermind I thought it had 125 SpDef lol

Gen 9 power creep so bad 125 / 109 offense looking mediocre.

On a serious note, it has latios's stats but with a better dual STAB that can 2ko almost eveything relevant bar like azumarill and water absorb clodsire. Can abuse booster energy too. I can't see it being not good at all even if it literally has nothing other than hydro pump, draco, hydro steam and flamethrower.

This thing will be amazing under either water or sun team so there's no way it will be a "B" tier pokemon, nice speed, not fragile and a pretty good special attack and that water move that gets boosted on sun. He's taking it!

Where did you get Walking Wake's BST stats?
Late to say, Smogon Twitter shared them and people were extrapolating from maxing out/Hyper Training a fresh capture to get Level 100 Stats as the base source (Orange Islands posting about it)

Wake looks like Choice Sets will do it well, since it has good initial power and speed, stops AND benefits from both OU weathers, and has decent coverage, but no major boosting option to my knowledge and its coverage does leave some holes like Bulky Fairies (not prominent in OU but could be a problem with Home or if Tera trends shift).

Leaves meanwhile seems more straightforward in its offenses and coverage, with a Typing/Statline that makes it okay at Neutral hits but not exactly a defensive tank, so probably going to most appreciate being a set up sweeper and Hole Puncher.

I don’t think home is going to be anytime soon. The game is literally getting an update 3 months from its release. Gamefreak seems to be behind the ball most of the time. I remember when Pokémon day was in 2020, they announced 2 dlcs broken in parts but no mention of home release. When the dlc got closer to its release date, then home was finally announced.

Also, based on rumors from aDrive, coding in the Pokémon day says there is 2 dlcs separated like SwSh and to arrive summer of 2023. If this is true, there is no way home is going to be released soon because why have transfer mons over when the dlc isn’t out yet. However, in the coding, says rowlet, oshawott and cyndaquil raids were coming. If anything, we may be closer to obtaining hisuian pokemon but I think home is getting pushed back if the rumors of a dlc is in the summer.
free annihilape
Free the monke!!!

Scarletchads just keep winning for real, all the cooler (and better) Paradoxes and now we have the world's first Sunny Day Water sweeper.
Actually excited to see it competitively though, there's really nothing that can safely switch into Water/Dragon/Fire in the sun outside a blank special wall. Should be a fun addition to sun teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)