Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annihilape: Free him!
Basculegion: Leave em in the tier for a week to prove that last respects is busted
Chi Yu: Please no it's busted
Chien Pao: This would still be busted but less busted than Chi Yu, might be ok?
Espathra: Fuck this mon
Flutter Mane: Free him, sadly won't happen as super busted
Houndstone: Free the doggo
Iron Bundle: Busted
Lando-I: Busted
Magearna: Busted
Palafin: Busted.
Regieleki: Probably busted, will be fun to use for a week
Spectrier: Busted
Utshifu: Busted, both forms are
Zamazenta: Let the doggo free, probably busted though
Zamazenta Crowned: Let the doggo free, probably busted though

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Annihilape: ONLY UNBAN IF TERA IS BANNED BUT DONT BAN TERA
Basculegion: Keep but LR ban
Chi Yu: who even thought of unbanning this...
Chien Pao: personally I supported the Chien pao ban a while back but looking at how many new threats and shit im down to unban this
Espathra: same as ape please don't unban if tera still exists
Flutter Mane: wtf..
Houndstone: LR ban
Iron Bundle: yeah nah this shit hits everything super effectively/neutrally and the speed tier is fucked don't unban
Lando-I: Suspect test
Magearna: Suspect Test
Palafin: KEEP BANNED PLEASE
Regieleki: Same as ape and espathra, just imagine tera ice/fairy tera blast eleki
Spectrier: unban
Utshifu: BAN BAN BAN
Zamazenta: Suspect
Zamazenta Crowned: Suspect

Chien Pao: personally I supported the Chien pao ban a while back but looking at how many new threats and shit im down to unban this
Iron Bundle: yeah nah this shit hits everything super effectively/neutrally and the speed tier is fucked don't unban
Regieleki: Same as ape and espathra, just imagine tera ice/fairy tera blast eleki
dawg why do you want a lando-i suspect test. it got nasty plot it's obscene and shouldn't be anywhere near the tier

And no Garganacl suspect was done and will probably never be done
the end

Uh yeah, that's about it really, time to make some questions to make some convo

1) Your current opinion gen 9 ou
2) favorite mons to use
3) most overrated
4) most underrated
5) hopes and dreams for HOME?
1) Fun, but a little old
2) idk, probably dragonite
3) Okay, don't kill me, but I'm personally not the biggest fan of great tusk. No reliable recovery and it dies to every single strong special attack in the game. 252+ SpA Toxapex Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 306-360 (70.5 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. Yikes, you don't want to take that much from pex of all things. Anyway, I still think tusk is great but it's a bit overrated. If there weren't so many terrifying physical attackers in OU, then I would be surprised how often tusk get's used.
4) Maybe this is just me, but I find hatterene surprisingly underrated. I don't see it often, but when I do, it's terrifying. Draining kiss heals a lot of it's hp back and after one cm, it becomes extremely powerful.
5) I'm excited to use sneedler and arcanine-h because they both have monsterous strength, unfortunately, they're both walled by tusk :(

Annihilape: suspect
Basculegion: LR ban
Chi Yu: keep beaned
Chien Pao: suspect
Espathra: bean
Flutter Mane: bean
Iron Bundle: bean
Lando-I: if this touches OU I lose what little faith I had in the council
Palafin: bean
Regieleki: suspect
Spectrier: suspect
Utshifu: bean
Zamazenta: suspect
Zamazenta Crowned: suspect but if and only if zamazenta is fine

uhhhhhhhhhhh, please keep spectrier banned. It actually has coverage options now with tera blast. Suspect spectrier if tera ban (but don't ban tera)

Annihilape: suspect
Basculegion: ban LR
Chi Yu: BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
Chien Pao: suspect
Espathra: ban
Flutter Mane: BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
Houndstone: ban LR
Iron Bundle: ban
Lando-I: it's been in ubers for the last 4(?) gens, just let it stay there
Magearna: suspect
Palafin: ban
Regieleki: ban
Spectrier: ban
Utshifu: suspect
Zamazenta: suspect
Zamazenta Crowned: suspect

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
1) Your current opinion gen 9 ou
2) favorite mons to use
3) most overrated
4) most underrated
5) hopes and dreams for HOME?
1) it's fun, there's a lot of heat that could have done, but hey, it's balanced too, the only real trouble being Garganacl
2) Probably Chesnaught, and Iron Valiant for the specs set
3) Corviknight, every single time I try it, it disappoints, full spedef, full def, mix, It's just not OU material anymore, and I don't want to pretend it good, because its not, its painfully bad to use, and It's only in my teams for necessity. Special mention goes to Quaquaval because a ton of people tried to sell me on it, but I always knew it was mid as shit.
4) Iron Leaves and Hands, when they get going, oh boy they get going, nothing walls them
5) MORE HAZARD REMOVAL, PLS MORE DEFOGGERS WHO MATCH UP WELL AGAINST DENGO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

dawg why do you want a lando-i suspect test. it got nasty plot it's obscene and shouldn't be anywhere near the tier
Think it's cuz it like actually lost some stuff. No gravity hurts it against Corv, no superpower hurt it against stuff like Bliss, dont have options like knock off, rock polish and others.

Is it broken anyway? Yeah probably, but it really depends just how aggressive you want to be on a preemptive ban list.

Think it's cuz it like actually lost some stuff. No gravity hurts it against Corv, no superpower hurt it against stuff like Bliss, dont have options like knock off, rock polish and others.

Is it broken anyway? Yeah probably, but it really depends just how aggressive you want to be on a preemptive ban list.
nasty plot sheer force landorus-incarnate is so blatantly obscene that if it touches OU at all the council is genuinely incompetent. also blissey is bad lmao

im gonna sound dumb for asking this, but why keep it banned?
Only Water immunities really check Band one in Rain. However, all of those are set-up fodder for BU + Taunt. Take into account, that despite the bad defensive sinergy, you can use Palafin AND Band Floatzel (already a very strong Mon) on the same team to overwhelm all resists.

Edit: Also, Hero form is ugly as fuck, I don't want my eyes to bleed too often when I play OU.

My personal vote is attached. Please note that if both Houndstone and Basculegion get banned, I’ll advocate to ban Last Respects and allow both Pokemon.
Surprised you think Regieleki should stick around in OU - the general consensus i've seen is that Tera + Tera Blast is gonna make that mon unbearable.

Dropping in to say that, honestly, with the upcoming prevalence of knock-off and toxic, incredibly powerful dark and ice type wallbreakers (not to mention Tera), and Gholdengo preventing defog, Giratina-Altered is probably a safe pokemon to have in OU. Think about it, what does it do when you compare it to the upcoming meta, where Kingambit can knock off and both Baxcalibur and full power Weavile are running around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)