Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

What is your opinion on Slither Wing? It also has access to STAB First Impression and U-Turn without the need for Tera, and while it doesn't have Dragon Tail, it does have access to Whirlwind. Earthquake is not STAB, but still hit decently hard especially if Sun is up, and it can instead run Fighting STAB such as Close Combat
I really like Slither Wing, but the problem is that for an offensive utility role - Flygon has Levitate, Slither Wing can't avoid Spikes, Webs or Toxic Spikes like Flygon can naturally, it needs Heavy-Duty Boots. Additionally, Flygon takes a negligible amount of damage from Stealth Rock while Slither Wing can't stand repeat switch-ins. Personally, I think the best way to run a Slither Wing set is to run a more offensive trailblaze set.

:slither wing:
Slither Wing @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Temper Flare
- Trailblaze​

Here's a set that I like to run. Trailblaze allows Slither Wing to patch up its middling speed and lets Slither Wing dole out powerful attacks. It can force a lot of particularly nasty Pokemon out (including Kingambit) and has a little extra longevity via STAB Leech Life. Temper Flare is to cook Gholdengo switch-ins trying to absorb a Close Combat (Temper Flare doubles in base power from 75 to 150 if the previous move failed).

252+ Atk Slither Wing Temper Flare (75 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 192-228 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tera Fire Slither Wing Temper Flare (75 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 288-342 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Slither Wing Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 384-454 (121.9 - 144.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Slither Wing Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gholdengo: 274-324 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tera Fire Slither Wing Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gholdengo: 410-486 (108.4 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I really like Slither Wing, but the problem is that for an offensive utility role - Flygon has Levitate, Slither Wing can't avoid Spikes, Webs or Toxic Spikes like Flygon can naturally, it needs Heavy-Duty Boots. Additionally, Flygon takes a negligible amount of damage from Stealth Rock while Slither Wing can't stand repeat switch-ins. Personally, I think the best way to run a Slither Wing set is to run a more offensive trailblaze set.
Right, I keep thinking about Levitate as a way to dodge Ground-type attack that I forgot it also ignores Spikes and the likes. I really liked the Flygon set, was just wondering because Slither has access to the same moves and has more attack.

Okay, what are people's thoughts on upper hand? I know its niche but I think it's better than people think it is. I've been using it on my bulky quaquaval and it's great because you resist sucker punch and can stop rillaboom and raging bolt from using grassy glide and thunderclap respectively. Makes it a very dangerous late game mon with aqua step and moxie boosts.

M E R R Y C H R Y S L E R B A B E S

FB_IMG_1683227117655.jpg

May your cores be strong and your momentum be swift.

Ngl I had some greens for Christmas and I am absolutely dewgone man, poof.

Okay, what are people's thoughts on upper hand? I know its niche but I think it's better than people think it is. I've been using it on my bulky quaquaval and it's great because you resist sucker punch and can stop rillaboom and raging bolt from using grassy glide and thunderclap respectively. Makes it a very dangerous late game mon with aqua step and moxie boosts.
I tried messing around with it but I found myself forcing switches more often than actually getting Upper Hand to hit. The tech is cool when it works but if you're not already hitting like a truck it's difficult for the damage to be consistently applicable. Also it leaves you open to getting set up on which is a real drag in some cases.

I tried messing around with it but I found myself forcing switches more often than actually getting Upper Hand to hit. The tech is cool when it works but if you're not already hitting like a truck it's difficult for the damage to be consistently applicable. Also it leaves you open to getting set up on which is a real drag in some cases.
It would probably be a lot better if it either had better distribution or higher base power, preferably both. Fighting types are the main mons that get it, so it makes it less useful. Still, I think on quaquaval specifically, it is great as it stops two of it's best revenge killers. The set that I use is this:
Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Step
- Upper Hand
- Close Combat
I use it as my rapid spinner, but you could slot in brave bird or triple axel if you have other hazard removers.

Soiramio3000

Banned deucer.
I like using this set on kyurem, what do you people think?
Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Tera Blast
- Scale Shot

it does work pretty well as a sweeper with unresisted coverage.
it can outrun anything that isn't named deoxys-speed on +1 speed.

As a non OU-main player this post should be taken with a grain of salt but since I played about a hundred games since the release of DLC2, I thought this might be nice to hear some thoughts from someone who hasn't been really into OU since the beginning of this generation.

First of all, I tend to disagree with the people who said that the metagame is balanced, I don't really remember the people who said it but I strongly disagree with that feeling. I feel like there is many threats which can shred your team if you're not playing heavy defensive archetypes (which isn't fun on ladder imo). From what I saw and felt, stuff like Kingambit, Gholdengo or Great Tusk are as insane as before (maybe even more for Great Tusk thanks to Temper Flare which is a great addition to it even tho it's sometimes tough to use it since this Pokémon can run so many great moves). On the other hand, there is new threats/returning ones which are trully oppressive on the builder (such as Gouging Fire or Roaring Moon). So yeah, I'm not sure the metagame is balanced at all and while it's true that you can build so many different things with a wide variety of Pokémon, I still feel like there is too many threats to cover and too many threats which can snowball games. Maybe I'm bad, maybe I'm too used to UU with a lower level of power or maybe I'm right, I don't know.

Archaludon is overall pretty balanced right now and is imo a good Pokémon overall. It's a great asset to Rain teams which is nice and its typing, bulk and access to Stamina makes it quite annoying sometimes. But I still feel it lacks bulk on the special side and while it can trade vs some Pokémon it's quite easy to wear it down. Sucks it probably won't drop UU before a while (if it ever drops).

Deo-S is at the same time great and also mid, it's trully a weird feeling to have about a Pokémon. I think Lead variants are decent but its best set imo is for sure LO variants with either AoA or 3 attacks + Taunt. Its speedtier is just too good and being able to revenge kill threats such as +1 Tusk/Gouging Fire or Dragapult feels super nice. And...on the other hand I feel like it's also super easy to revenge kill. The tier is filled by strong priorities or even faster revenge killers such as Scarf Darkrai and Booster Energy Valiant/Boulder so it's trully weird how a Pokémon that fast can feel..not that fast ?!

I love that Pokémon right now. It's a fantastic Scarf user and a great asset on offensive teams thanks to Healing Wish, it's also one of the few Pokémon which can be played with the Stellar Tera so yeah, it feels nice. Not quite sure it's OP because as I said above for Deoxys-S, the tier is so fucking fast right now that even a +1 Enamorus doesn't feel that fast and hard to revenge kill..

DD variants are okish imo mainly because this big boy lacks speed which makes it "easy" to revenge kill. I think bulky DD variants with Morning Sun may be the way once the metagame is settled down (kinda like DD Roost Dragonite). Choice Band is dumb and fun and is a set for clickers but hey, damage output under Sun is actually crazy.

I've seen people complaining about this Pokémon and I'm trully on the fence. It's our second most fast Pokémon (behind Scarf Darkrai) but pretty much like Deo-S, I feel like it's so easy to revenge kill, while being an insane revenge killer. I feel like most of the time, you'll RK smth and get revenge killed yourself..that's super odd. On the other hand, I feel like this Pokémon has a massive 4MSS (which is kinda induced by its shitty typing). Mighty Cleave is a must have and then you'll have to pick 3 moves between Swords Dance, Taunt, Substitute, Earthquake, Close Combat and Zen Headbutt. It kinda sucks because whatever you opt for, you'll always be cucked by something. Feels odd for sure.

I swear this Pokémon is cracked..I played so many games where at the end of the day, I just have to clean with that big boy thanks to Supreme Overlord. I think Kingambit is as good as ever and still one of the best Pokémon in OU. Not a lot to say, you guys know what Kingambit does since more than a year now.

Luster Purge buff feels great. Not a broken Pokémon by any means but a good one for sure. Speedtier is mid in this gotta go fast metagame but it's still faster than key threat such as non-Scarf Enamorus or Walking Wake so it's cool !

Kingambit 2.0. Jokes apart, Raging Volt is super threatening and insanely tough to OHKO I feel like. I tend to think it feels in some ways like Regieleki because it punishes the player which are sacking their Ground-types. I'm waiting to see how it's gonna adapt in a tier filled by Ground-types but for now, it's great.

I'm waiting to see the result of the upcoming survey. I didn't mentionned other threats which are (still) great such as Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, Serperior, Gholdengo, Dragonite, Dragapult etc.. but god damn this is a plethora of viable Pokémon right now, and it's kinda dope ngl. Thanks for reading, see ya and merry christmas, may you enjoy some time with your loved ones !

Deo-S is at the same time great and also mid, it's trully a weird feeling to have about a Pokémon. I think Lead variants are decent but its best set imo is for sure LO variants with either AoA or 3 attacks + Taunt. Its speedtier is just too good and being able to revenge kill threats such as +1 Tusk/Gouging Fire or Dragapult feels super nice. And...on the other hand I feel like it's also super easy to revenge kill. The tier is filled by strong priorities or even faster revenge killers such as Scarf Darkrai and Booster Energy Valiant/Boulder so it's trully weird how a Pokémon that fast can feel..not that fast ?!
Honestly that makes sense. It has only 95 offenses and 50/90/90 bulk. It can do a lot of things other Pokemon can do, but slightly weaker for being insanely fast.
I feel like it's a Pokemon where if you're missing a role or have a Pokemon already doing another role (ie. Iron Boulder or Valiant set up sweeper) you can use Deoxys-S.

After a week of playing, the biggest problems imo are

1. (Hazards) Great Tusk holding the tier together. Not banworthy, but its on almost every team trying to spin while also checking broken/borderline broken Pokemon - Roaring Moon, Gouging Fire, Iron Boulder, King Gambit. AV Treads has its place to spin in the tier, there's not much else if anything. Court Change Cinderace and Excadrill who cant get passed Tusk. Tidy up users are el garbago. It makes no sense for this tier to have 20 hazard setters and 1-3 good removers (1 far better than the rest). This is so imbalanced its absurd but the council persist with a pro hazard agenda despite all the complaints in this thread.

2. Roaring Moon - Nothing has made this less broken, speed and attack too high, good movepool to sweep tier.

3. Gouging Fire - Tera Fairy DD gets guaranteed kills. Can't stop it.

Okay, I think it's pretty obvious that Archaludon was meant to sorta be a Rival Tyranitar in the sense that Tyranitar's the sand guru and Archaludon is the rain guru. Electroshot pretty much sums this up. But that got me thinking even more. Howabout we double down on that? Archaludon's current weaknesses fall within- Ground and Fighting respectively, with a lot of neutral damage from the likes of Fire, Ice, Fairy and dragon. In this case, while I see a lot of people running Tera Electric to fully pump up Electroshot, it feels like a waste as that would just mean Ground types are the absolute counter to Archaludon through and through.

However, Tera Blast Water is something I haven't seen considered yet. Terrastalizing into water takes care of Ground, makes fighting neutral, and then turns fire and ice into less effective moves instead of good neutral offense, and mono-water types tend to be considered extremely bulky for a reason. I think Tera Water, either with Tera Blast to take advantage of a rain boost, or a Body Press focused set just as a means to ensure your weaknesses are taken away would be a serious benefit.

For your consideration: The typical OU Assault vest Set, with the moves Tera Blast, Body Press, Flash Cannon, and Electro Shot. It takes away the advantage of a Dragon Stab move, but Flash Cannon takes care of a lot of stuff already imo.

Feel free to tell me how bad this is or how good it is or how it can be improved.

First of all, I tend to disagree with the people who said that the metagame is balanced, I don't really remember the people who said it but I strongly disagree with that feeling. I feel like there is many threats which can shred your team if you're not playing heavy defensive archetypes (which isn't fun on ladder imo).
My take on things being "balanced" is mostly that you can run a whole bunch of stuff and have reasonable success, but you're absolutely right that the threat list has gotten so big that it feels impossible to build a team that doesn't occasionally auto-lose if you don't play completely out of your mind. As others have said, though, I'm not sure what's actually broken. It feels like we're either in this fishy meta for the long haul or else we're in for a cascade of bans. I can't help thinking of Roaring Moon and how it did its exact same Tera Flying Acrobatics thing for the better part of a year before it suddenly "became banworthy" as its competitors and checks were removed from the tier -- and Knock granted it some key KOs over Crunch, obviously.

Also hard agree that Booster Speed has completely thrown the idea of what it means to be "fast" out the window. It's one of the things that makes phazing so strong this generation, letting you ruin a one time boost or giving you the possibility of popping somebody's BE early so they can't rely on it later.

Merry Christmas all! Hope you're all having a wonderful day.

After playing this metagame for a while now, I've been finding the metagame a bit more fun than in previous months. Only 1400 on ladder so far, so I'm not informed on how things are on high ladder, but these are my thoughts on new mons and other mons I've seen commonly.

1. Gouging Fire seems to be the biggest skill check. Even if you have some built in checks, carelessly allowing them to get worn down or your opponent uses tera well, the morning sun + ddance set ploughs massive holes in your team.
2. Archaludon is solid, and can be daunting should you allow it to build up Def via stamina or SpA by electro shot, especially on rain. That being said, it feels more manageable.
3. If you run hypnosis on darkrai then I automatically hate you. It's completely manageable otherwise, but if your counter is slept, ggs.
4. Both Deoxys forms have been... surprisingly fine. I am surprised to not see focus blast on Deo-S more often, and it is more annoying when it does.
5. I barely see Raging Bolt at this level of ladder, and thunderclap hasn't been too bad to play around. I would love to see what it's capable of when used well.
6. Hydrapple is another mon I've not seen so much but it has been decently hard to break down. Not so much that it's been a problem, but it always feels good to play around it successfully.
7. Serperior is my most hated mon to face right now. If you switch into a check/counter, glare can reverse the matchup completely. If you let them KO your current mon for a clean switch, you've now given it a free +2. Stellar tera is a menace, but the fact you can't even count on it running that 100% of the time makes it the most infuriating guessing game, and I wouldn't be sad to see it gone.
8. Iron Boulder is one mon I love to beat but hate to lose to. It's like Gouging Fire in the may that it can ruin a team that lacks checks, or have been careless in letting them get chipped down. I've seen people coming about it, but I think it's not the worst at the end of of the day.
9. I would love Iron crown to see some more use. I find agility CM to be a fun sweeper with stored power and tachyon cutter but BE CM does quite well too. Not the best new mon but I find it insanely fun to use.

EDIT: Forgot comments on Iron boulder and Crown.

Last edited:
As a non OU-main player this post should be taken with a grain of salt but since I played about a hundred games since the release of DLC2, I thought this might be nice to hear some thoughts from someone who hasn't been really into OU since the beginning of this generation.

First of all, I tend to disagree with the people who said that the metagame is balanced, I don't really remember the people who said it but I strongly disagree with that feeling. I feel like there is many threats which can shred your team if you're not playing heavy defensive archetypes (which isn't fun on ladder imo). From what I saw and felt, stuff like Kingambit, Gholdengo or Great Tusk are as insane as before (maybe even more for Great Tusk thanks to Temper Flare which is a great addition to it even tho it's sometimes tough to use it since this Pokémon can run so many great moves). On the other hand, there is new threats/returning ones which are trully oppressive on the builder (such as Gouging Fire or Roaring Moon). So yeah, I'm not sure the metagame is balanced at all and while it's true that you can build so many different things with a wide variety of Pokémon, I still feel like there is too many threats to cover and too many threats which can snowball games. Maybe I'm bad, maybe I'm too used to UU with a lower level of power or maybe I'm right, I don't know.

Archaludon is overall pretty balanced right now and is imo a good Pokémon overall. It's a great asset to Rain teams which is nice and its typing, bulk and access to Stamina makes it quite annoying sometimes. But I still feel it lacks bulk on the special side and while it can trade vs some Pokémon it's quite easy to wear it down. Sucks it probably won't drop UU before a while (if it ever drops).

I love that Pokémon right now. It's a fantastic Scarf user and a great asset on offensive teams thanks to Healing Wish, it's also one of the few Pokémon which can be played with the Stellar Tera so yeah, it feels nice. Not quite sure it's OP because as I said above for Deoxys-S, the tier is so fucking fast right now that even a +1 Enamorus doesn't feel that fast and hard to revenge kill..

DD variants are okish imo mainly because this big boy lacks speed which makes it "easy" to revenge kill. I think bulky DD variants with Morning Sun may be the way once the metagame is settled down (kinda like DD Roost Dragonite). Choice Band is dumb and fun and is a set for clickers but hey, damage output under Sun is actually crazy.

I've seen people complaining about this Pokémon and I'm trully on the fence. It's our second most fast Pokémon (behind Scarf Darkrai) but pretty much like Deo-S, I feel like it's so easy to revenge kill, while being an insane revenge killer. I feel like most of the time, you'll RK smth and get revenge killed yourself..that's super odd. On the other hand, I feel like this Pokémon has a massive 4MSS (which is kinda induced by its shitty typing). Mighty Cleave is a must have and then you'll have to pick 3 moves between Swords Dance, Taunt, Substitute, Earthquake, Close Combat and Zen Headbutt. It kinda sucks because whatever you opt for, you'll always be cucked by something. Feels odd for sure.

I swear this Pokémon is cracked..I played so many games where at the end of the day, I just have to clean with that big boy thanks to Supreme Overlord. I think Kingambit is as good as ever and still one of the best Pokémon in OU. Not a lot to say, you guys know what Kingambit does since more than a year now.

Luster Purge buff feels great. Not a broken Pokémon by any means but a good one for sure. Speedtier is mid in this gotta go fast metagame but it's still faster than key threat such as non-Scarf Enamorus or Walking Wake so it's cool !

Kingambit 2.0. Jokes apart, Raging Volt is super threatening and insanely tough to OHKO I feel like. I tend to think it feels in some ways like Regieleki because it punishes the player which are sacking their Ground-types. I'm waiting to see how it's gonna adapt in a tier filled by Ground-types but for now, it's great.

I'm waiting to see the result of the upcoming survey. I didn't mentionned other threats which are (still) great such as Iron Valiant, Zamazenta, Serperior, Gholdengo, Dragonite, Dragapult etc.. but god damn this is a plethora of viable Pokémon right now, and it's kinda dope ngl. Thanks for reading, see ya and merry christmas, may you enjoy some time with your loved ones !
the reason people are saying this meta is balanced is because we've not experienced an actually balanced meta in so long that our standard for balance has changed from "nothing broken is in the tier" to "we can go a week without something needing an immediate ban", and this is the first time in the entire gen where that's happened. we're just so unused to things being even remotely ok that this legitimately is balanced compared to what came before

Last edited:

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
I looked through the Upper Hand distribution last week. I think it works best on mons that want to set up and sweep while having nothing else in their entire movepool priority-wise - this way you can sell the bluff cleanly. In the end I decided the most promising set was on Blaziken.

Blaziken @ Life Orb / Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Upper Hand
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Close Combat

Pretty simple idea, SD up and kill something with your strong moves, then Upper Hand the prio mon and keep going. The teras on such a set can also be pretty flexible, normally on a sweeper like this your Tera choices are limited by the prio moves that you dont want to die to, but Upper Hand is intended to work around that. EQ last provides the neatest two-move coverage imo, but whatever you choose just remember that you only have two coverage moves, Upper Hand is not covering anything.

I sent this idea to Vert as well and he seemed to have some success with it so I think it's definitely a viable option - maybe Quaquaval could pull it off too with the perfect choice of defensive Tera and SD.

Oh, or u can play around with cheeseKen (not recommended for players that are trying to win)

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Upper Hand
- Knock Off / Earthquake

:slither wing:
Slither Wing @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Temper Flare
- Trailblaze​

Here's a set that I like to run. Trailblaze allows Slither Wing to patch up its middling speed and lets Slither Wing dole out powerful attacks. It can force a lot of particularly nasty Pokemon out (including Kingambit) and has a little extra longevity via STAB Leech Life. Temper Flare is to cook Gholdengo switch-ins trying to absorb a Close Combat (Temper Flare doubles in base power from 75 to 150 if the previous move failed).

252+ Atk Slither Wing Temper Flare (75 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 192-228 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tera Fire Slither Wing Temper Flare (75 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 288-342 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Slither Wing Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 384-454 (121.9 - 144.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Slither Wing Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gholdengo: 274-324 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tera Fire Slither Wing Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gholdengo: 410-486 (108.4 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Back in pre-DLC days, I used to run a defensive Slither Wing set since it's a great Kingambit answer and good Tusk check. I was worried there were too many Psychic, Fairy, and Flying Pokemon running around these days to use it, but I wanna give this set a shot. Gotta run weight calcs again to see if Low Kick is still a viable alternative to Close Combat....

flutter mane is hilariously broken no matter what item you put on it (except iron ball)
Flutter Mane would still be insanely broken with iron ball because webs is actually playable and knock off is the best move in the game.

the reason people are saying this meta is balanced is because we've not experienced an actually balanced meta in so long that our standard for balance has changed from "nothing broken is in the tier" to "we can go a week without something needing an immediate ban", and this is the first time in the entire gen where that's happened. we're just so unused to things being even remotely ok that this legitimately is balanced compared to what came before
Personally I'd say this is the second time in the gen. Like peak SV OU for me is the period between the release of Hisuan-Zoroark and Hisuian-Samurott. Like yeah Kingambit is still there and is arguably at its peak, but it didn't feel as broken as it felt later. Gholdengo was only banworthy to stall players, and the meta was overall in a good place.

Last edited:
Morpeko
View attachment 583146
Morpeko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Hunger Switch
Tera Type: Ghost/Fairy/lol dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Parting Shot
- Rapid Spin
- Super Fang/Seed Bomb/Taunt/Knock Off/Outrage

I went into a little more detail about Morpeko here and even did a full essay writeup back in Gen 8 OU where Morpeko wasn't even as good as it is now here (apologies for the broken images and old formatting on that two-year-old post, my Gen 8 essay formats were still a work in progress). Morpeko is a uniquely tech'd utility spinner mon with one of the best signature moves in the game combined with incredible utility in Parting Shot for momentum, Rapid Spin, and Super Fang to chunk down threats into acceptable damage ranges. Aura Wheel condenses both of Morpeko's excellent Dark/Electric STABs into a single moveslot while synergizing nicely with Morpeko's other options. I prefer Tera Ghost on Morpeko to lure Fighting-type moves, but Tera Fairy is also an acceptable option to still gain resistances to Fighting and Bug-type moves along with a handy Dragon-type immunity to top it all off. Morpeko has consistently been a niche, but strong utility Pokemon with unique abilities that no other Pokemon can reliably deal with.
Incidentally, the little fucker also gets Outrage. I haven't used it, nor am I saying it's a good idea, but...I have better usages for Tera on my team and I don't usually click the fourth move anyway...

Last edited:

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
Merry Christmas everyone, I think we should unban Iron Bundle for just today because it's the spirit, and I encourage everyone to create alts and ladder with delibird, fun fact: delibird has rapid spin and iron bundle doesn't

As for people like me who live in the south side of the world and thus, it's summer, I have been trying fully offensive :Volcarona: lately, and it seems actually kinda underwhelming, it shits on most defensive teams but the precense of spedef gliscor and clodsire means 1 toxic and your off, ting lu, while less common, still has enough bulk to throw whirlwind, and lastly, it's kinda easier to out offense, with faster mons, priority, iron boulder and the fact that NONE OF MY FUCKING FLAME BODY CHANCES ACTIVATE

Merry Christmas everyone, I think we should unban Iron Bundle for just today because it's the spirit, and I encourage everyone to create alts and ladder with delibird, fun fact: delibird has rapid spin and iron bundle doesn't
In fact there is now a Mon that resists both Iron Bundle STABs without the need to Tera:

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Dewgong: 97-114 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Dewgong: 63-75 (16.4 - 19.5%) -- possible 6HKO
0- Atk Iron Bundle Flip Turn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dewgong: 29-35 (7.5 - 9.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Dewgong: 20-24 (5.2 - 6.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Totally unviable robot penguin, all hail champion Dewgong, he finally has the OU niche he always wanted.

In fact there is now a Mon that resists both Iron Bundle STABs without the need to Tera:

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Dewgong: 97-114 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Dewgong: 63-75 (16.4 - 19.5%) -- possible 6HKO
0- Atk Iron Bundle Flip Turn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dewgong: 29-35 (7.5 - 9.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Dewgong: 20-24 (5.2 - 6.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Totally unviable robot penguin, all hail champion Dewgong, he finally has the OU niche he always wanted.
Perish trap dewgong is op. Freeing bundle seems reasonable to me.